This Patch is Anti Thief

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Leolas.6273

Leolas.6273

Anet this patch is really disgusting for a thief player.we really get nothing and now we are also more and more punished in 1vs1.
Why didnt u improve some of ur traps?Why didnt u improve ur condi cleanse? P/P is still crap?Traits?Im okei with the nervs but there is nothing that compensate…….
=(

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Just wait until they show Guardian.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

jup delete ur thiefs and reroll to mesmer.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

The warrior adrenaline rework is good for thieves actually, since they shouldn’t have many problems in dodging Eviscerate or Earthshaker.
Also, the dagger buff is cool and LS will make a lot more people complain about it.
Really hope that the mesmer’s scepter auto attack doesn’t get through.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carmela.8756

Carmela.8756

i dont main a thief but i think also that this patch is a little unfair against thief players.Nerv bat again and some stupid little buffs like cleave dagger(why?this can be also a nerv vs Mesmer) and 0,5 seks more stability on a trait where nobody traits because it is uselesss.Ahh and then a little buff to P/P but…..nobody play with that because it is crap and silly designed and that since realese.Same with venoms,… Anet cmon this is a nasty patch.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

The warrior adrenaline rework is good for thieves actually, since they shouldn’t have many problems in dodging Eviscerate or Earthshaker.
Also, the dagger buff is cool and LS will make a lot more people complain about it.

This.

I think the cleaving buff was the best buff for thiefs.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Now that I think about it does feel underwhelming everything for the other classes were major nerf or buff.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Grebcol.5984

This.

Not everyone is playing a Warr.Did u think about vs Mesmer? This kitten cleave will destroy now clones, when mesmer sits near his clones.This Cleave isnt only a buff, it can be also a nerv!
They should really buffing more condi cleanse and Traps/ rework P/P than this kittening cleave.

(edited by Grebcol.5984)

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

This.

Not everyone is playing a Warr.Did u think about vs Mesmer? This kitten cleave will destroy now clones and that does dmg.This Cleave isnt only a buff, it can be also a nerv!

0 serious Mesmer are using clone death builds in ranked matches. It was actually a huge buff for dagger thieves vs mesmers as cleave counters shatter rather nicely.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Leolas.6273

This.

Not everyone is playing a Warr.Did u think about vs Mesmer? This kitten cleave will destroy now clones and that does dmg.This Cleave isnt only a buff, it can be also a nerv!

0 serious Mesmer are using clone death builds in ranked matches. It was actually a huge buff for dagger thieves vs mesmers as cleave counters shatter rather nicely.

Yeah true all will be run PU Autotorment Mesmer and wreck thief in secs…lol.That cleave wasnt needed.There are Traps/Traits and a whole set who is useless since realese.then it need also a buff in condicleanse.

(edited by Leolas.6273)

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

This.

Not everyone is playing a Warr.Did u think about vs Mesmer? This kitten cleave will destroy now clones, when mesmer sits near his clones.This Cleave isnt only a buff, it can be also a nerv!
They should really buffing more condi cleanse and Traps/ rework P/P than this kittening cleave.

I dont remember the last time i played a war in pvp and war have the same issues with clones other cleave professions have.

I was thinking that with good positioning it would be possible to backstab 2 people at once. (only after patch we will if that will be possible).
I was thinking also when you are hiting someone downed after patch you will also hit someone who is resing him.

Thief received little buffs on other areas, but this “little” one will be a huge buff imo.

Ofc you have a point agains clone of death traits from mesmer. But that should be nerfed by ANet.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I am assuming there are still too many people playing thieves and devs will keep throwing harsh nerfs at thieves disregard the player opnion untill people reroll something else and “improve” statistics (all speculations though).

I remember some developer (from LoL i think) said, consistently throwing nerfs at same class/champion will just lead to frustration and instead of balance you will just have players quit game. I don’t think Anet understands it.

The joke is thieves are not that even that broken as people claim, i can fairly well deal with them on my warrior or necro, given i play thief myself and know how to counter them. They are certanly waaaaay easier to deal with than any other classs in this game (besides staff ele maybe).

I also think consistently buffing engis is wrong move, engis are already really strong in pvp, the reason they are not so much played is because they are not so great in pve and simply thematically they are boring for most players. I personally would never main engi simply because i find it boring and annoying no matter how much Anet buffs them.

Mesmer scepter AA buff is just stupid, besides some minority nobody supports that change, even mesmers themself (look at forums and in game chat). Attaching strongest condi to AA that has 0 risk and 0 costs is like worst thing they could have done.

As far as dagger cleave goes, it actually gonna hurt thieves more than help them. People who think it is huge buff never tried to play sword/x thief, the cleave often kills the thief due to retal, clone death etc, than helps them. I am all against that change tbh.

BP should have just blind shot removed and aoe stay untouched, the change comming next balancing patch promotes nothing but skilless gameplay from enemy that can just completely ignore BP and sit afk in blind field, it not even remotely anywhere increases skill requirement from the thief side.

I just can’t facepalm more at all this changes. There so many threads with good suggestions how to tune down strong spells and how to improve weak spells and yet devs decide to pull random changes majority of which makes 0 sense. Oh well, time to go back play League where devs actually care more about player opinion and balance is not so messed up.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Raiyo.1584

Raiyo.1584

that clone death trait doesnt need a nerf since those condis will be randomly chosen , u guys are qqing too much about mesmer buffs , mesmers were at the bottom of the classes , getting wrecked by thieves , warriors and meditation guardians and condi engis , u really think thats fun to play against mesmer, ? it sure isnt

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The dagger buff is nothing compared to some insane good buffs that the elementalist and especially the mesmer will receive.

@raiyo
lol at mesmers beign at the bottom of all classes.
The clear bottom of all classes was always and still is the ranger

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

lol at the people that thought thieves wanted cleave on dagger.

an unwanted, double edged buff is not what we’ve been asking for like, years now. we want venoms to be good of their own accord, without that stupid overreliance on venomous aura. we want traps to be fun and useful. we want P/P to get the same treatment warrior rifle is getting this patch (consistency between skills).

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

@silentnight warrior

The cleave will only be added to the autoattack chain, not backstab. It shouldn’t be any more powerful than Sword auto which cleaves up to 2 additional targets.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I can’t even remember what the thief changes are. The only three I remember are the changes to Flanking Strike, the change to Ricochet, and the change to Venomshare which makes its scaling actually make sense.

I don’t want to sound like too much of a negative nancy, but aren’t thieves already quite good?… It feels like only a few days ago people were saying “thief apex predator, not worth running any other roamer”.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

I don’t want to sound like too much of a negative nancy, but aren’t thieves already quite good?… It feels like only a few days ago people were saying “thief apex predator, not worth running any other roamer”.

There are issues with s/d because its uncanny ability to stick to a person like white on rice, but d/p was DEFINITELY not an issue in spvp.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nickxnickx.5401

nickxnickx.5401

There are issues with s/d because its uncanny ability to stick to a person like white on rice, but d/p was DEFINITELY not an issue in spvp.

Should it not? Should thieves stand back most the time and attack from a distance.
You understand we need gap closers..

Plenty of pushbacks, stuns, knockdowns… from other classes

Spammable?
.#2 does little to no damage..and you cant spam it because it has two parts and a cast.
.#3 has two parts and a cast.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Chicago Jack.5647

Should it not? Should thieves stand back most the time and attack from a distance.

They should be able to zone people out, of course, but all forms of thief – as with any class – should be able to be peeled away. S/D is nefarious in being extremely difficult to peel. People get frustrated over this because it means, like the warrior with their beserker stance, they have easy capability to tunnel vision. Fortunately thieves have a way more active playstyle than warriors. However S/D’s defensive structure shuts down an overwhelming amount of possible peeling mechanics. The bruiser, dodging spec is fun and should be in the game, but it has to be easier to peel it away.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

This.

Yeah true all will be run PU Autotorment Mesmer and wreck thief in secs…lol.That cleave wasnt needed.There are Traps/Traits and a whole set who is useless since realese.then it need also a buff in condicleanse.

None will be running that. It will remain a baddies WvW spec

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nickxnickx.5401

nickxnickx.5401

They should be able to zone people out, of course, but all forms of thief – as with any class – should be able to be peeled away. S/D is nefarious in being extremely difficult to peel. People get frustrated over this because it means, like the warrior with their beserker stance, they have easy capability to tunnel vision. Fortunately thieves have a way more active playstyle than warriors. However S/D’s defensive structure shuts down an overwhelming amount of possible peeling mechanics. The bruiser, dodging spec is fun and should be in the game, but it has to be easier to peel it away.

Thieves are almost lack luster in everything they have. The more you’re able to peel away from them, takes away they’re whole class aspect of being “pesky”, as well as, nerfs the crap out of them. Reason being.. if a thief is not near you, what are you doing? – attacking.

So being able to peel away from a thief. Specifically a S/D thief (one of few weapon sets) will just make the thief an even more defeat able target.

However, if a thief is on you, it gives the thief a chance when you’re burning dodges.

Sure it makes thieves tunnel vision someone, but do thieves really have an alternative to not? (aoe abilities?)

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Thieves are almost lack luster in everything they have. The more you’re able to peel away from them, takes away they’re whole class aspect of being “pesky”, as well as, nerfs the crap out of them. Reason being.. if a thief is not near you, what are you doing? – attacking.

So being able to peel away from a thief. Specifically a S/D thief (one of few weapon sets) will just make the thief an even more defeat able target.

However, if a thief is on you, it gives the thief a chance when you’re burning dodges.

Sure it makes thieves tunnel vision someone, but do thieves really have an alternative to not? (aoe abilities?)

Beeing lackluster in any other aspect is no reason to give a class in an mmorpg the tool s to do one thing super well. Look ive played some mmorpg PvP and other games have stuff like mages that can one shot anyone, they cant do anything else. Is it balanced? Nope because it removes any counterplay.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

Beeing lackluster in any other aspect is no reason to give a class in an mmorpg the tool s to do one thing super well. Look ive played some mmorpg PvP and other games have stuff like mages that can one shot anyone, they cant do anything else. Is it balanced? Nope because it removes any counterplay.

good things thieves aren’t like that, huh?

thief’s strong point is 1v1. sadly, it also happens to be the only thing we’re not sub-par at. meanwhile, most other classes have more than one strong point and more than one weak point, depending on how they build.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

I was thinking that with good positioning it would be possible to backstab 2 people at once. (only after patch we will if that will be possible).

I read this and my knee-jerk reaction was NO! But then I thought about it and the more I thought the more I liked this idea. I don’t see a down side, if two foes are the clustered together then they deserve it. Plus a two handed stab animation would be cool. Then it got me thinking of all the incredibly neat ways and things Anet could do to give us thieves more diversity. /wrists

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Mayama.1854

thief’s strong point is 1v1. sadly, it also happens to be the only thing we’re not sub-par at. meanwhile, most other classes have more than one strong point and more than one weak point, depending on how they build.

It just frustraiting that mmorpg devs dont learn. Look at WoW, the most popular mmorpg ever, they have frost mages. Its quite similar to the gw2 thief, very elusive, high burst, no sustain damage and very good at controling enemies. Its the major pain in the kitten in that games PvP. You cant tell me thatt the gw2 devs dont know that but they designed the thief class in the exact same way.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I thought the venom changes are going to be really really fun? :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Cynz.9437

It just frustraiting that mmorpg devs dont learn. Look at WoW, the most popular mmorpg ever, they have frost mages. Its quite similar to the gw2 thief, very elusive, high burst, no sustain damage and very good at controling enemies. Its the major pain in the kitten in that games PvP. You cant tell me thatt the gw2 devs dont know that but they designed the thief class in the exact same way.

This is disinformation right here, mages were so strong not only because of their high dmg but amount of CC they had, they could keep someone CCd for 1+ min if they tried. Thieves NOWHERE nearly have such amount of controll, 1.5 sec stun on 45 sec CD and maybe mini immob from sword (that actually costs initiative, basically putting other spells on CD) can hardly considered CC bomb like mages were. Heck, even rogues in Wow had absurd amount of CC compared to thieves in GW2.

There is no class in wow you could compare thieves to, thieves in this game have conditional stealth (not perma), they are very mobile and high dmg potetial with some ranged options but that is where it ends.
Rogues for example were also squishy but they had perma stealth, high amount of CC, high dmg, bad/mediocre moblity (compared to other classes in wow) and with only ranged dmging spell. People played rogues as peel bot with burst on demand for arena not as scout/assassin like thieves are in this game.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Mayama.1854

This is disinformation right here, mages were so strong not only because of their high dmg but amount of CC they had, they could keep someone CCd for 1+ min if they tried. Thieves NOWHERE nearly have such amount of controll, 1.5 sec stun on 45 sec CD and maybe mini immob from sword (that actually costs initiative, basically putting other spells on CD) can hardly considered CC bomb like mages were. Heck, even rogues in Wow had absurd amount of CC compared to thieves in GW2.

There is no class in wow you could compare thieves to, thieves in this game have conditional stealth (not perma), they are very mobile and high dmg potetial with some ranged options but that is where it ends.
Rogues for example were also squishy but they had perma stealth, high amount of CC, high dmg, bad/mediocre moblity (compared to other classes in wow) and with only ranged dmging spell. People played rogues as peel bot with burst on demand for arena not as scout/assassin like thieves are in this game.

Thieves in gw2 always control, watch any thief video if you wont believe me, thieves are designed in a way to make them always in control of the 1v1. You are always the aggressor as thief, the class forces the enemy to react. It works exactly the same as frost mages in WoW. It doesnt matter how you archive the control. Also why do you bring the WoW rogue into this discussion it has nothing to do with it…

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

Thieves in gw2 always control, watch any thief video if you wont believe me, thieves are designed in a way to make them always in control of the 1v1. You are always the aggressor as thief, the class forces the enemy to react. It works exactly the same as frost mages in WoW. It doesnt matter how you archive the control. Also why do you bring the WoW rogue into this discussion it has nothing to do with it…

you can’t simply use two different definitions of the same term and say “see? they are the same”. thief doesn’t CC heavily, which is what your frost mages seem to do. the thief is just a very aggressive class.

and thief doesn’t even have the highest burst in the game because everything we do with weapon skills has to be weaker than it could be by nature of being able to use repeatedly.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

@OP

I’m not sure thieves will get much sympathy on the profession balance forum. Certainly not from me, that’s for sure. I personally can’t wait to start mowing them down in WvW with the post-patch rapid fire. Their QQ tears will be like a fine wine on a mild summer’s evening.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

@OP

I’m not sure thieves will get much sympathy on the profession balance forum. Certainly not from me, that’s for sure. I personally can’t wait to start mowing them down in WvW with the post-patch rapid fire. Their QQ tears will be like a fine wine on a mild summer’s evening.

and that’s why you’re not in the balance team. “i just want thieves to be useless to i can mow them down easily in literally the only area they aren’t useless”

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Cynz.9437

@OP

and that’s why you’re not in the balance team. “i just want thieves to be useless to i can mow them down easily in literally the only area they aren’t useless”

the joke is balance team seems to think exactly this way judging by the patches for the past year and the future patch… idk what devs are thinking but patches speak for themself

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Bryzy.2719

@OP

This is why I dislike the thief playerbase. I’ll be adding jumping to conclusions and inferring/quoting things that haven’t been said to my list of your traits.

First of all, thieves aren’t useless, and they’ll still be far from useless post-patch. I’ve read the thief forums and many are fairly nonchalant, indifferent or even positive about the changes. Just funny how there’s always those who can’t resist a little QQ, such as yourself. What I said was nothing to do with the state of thief balance, and everything to do with my dislike for them in WvW and the fact that I will be savouring the Rapid Fire buff by targeting thieves the most. I offer no suggestions as to how they should be balanced; I am merely pointing out that OP’s attempt to fish for thief sympathy in the profession balance forum isn’t the best idea given the fact that thief is incredibly unpopular due to the nature of their assassination gameplay and highly dislikeable playerbase. The only players I receive incredibly rude messages from (following my victory in either a 1v1 or a small group match) in WvW are those who play thieves.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Grebcol.5984

I dont understand the Point of your post Bryzy. Thief is a class of Gw 2 like a Ranger,Guardian,Warrior,Necro,Mesmer,Ele and Engineer.When u hate them its your beer.This Post is right here,because the balance patch is unfair in therm that nothing new is coming for this class besides a buff of dagger and some useless traits and Nervs.

(edited by Grebcol.5984)

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Bryzy.2719

This Post is right here,because the balance patch is unfair in therm that nothing new is coming for this class besides a buff of dagger and some useless traits and Nervs.

Yes, exactly. In other words it’s pure QQ, just like what you’ve done. My post was explaining that this post won’t receive much sympathy, so, as I will now say for the third time, don’t expect any on the profession balance forums.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Leolas.6273

You hate thief that say all, you can’t view objective over balance.Go Pew Pew some guys then you will be a Hero.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Bryzy.2719

You hate thief that say all, you can’t view objective over balance.Go Pew Pew some guys then you will be a Hero.

1. Not trying to offer any objective views on balancing, as I’ve now stated THREE times
2. I will
3. I know

Bye bye

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

That kind of control is not exclusive to thieves. If any player can control the fight they will almost always win. The ones you see being controlled in 1v1s on youtube are usually people who are not skilled enough to take control of the fight.

You see this on every 1v1 vid.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Well I think thieves will remain OP because I will still be able to Shadow Step and Shadow Shot between the TP and the bank in LA… Fastest class for that. (And that’s all I use it for, for tp flipping). So luckily these changes wont effect my game play on thief. Good try ANet.

Wait a couple of days after release and you will see nubs crying “TEEF OP! DOUBLE KILLZ WITH CLEAVE #nerfnextpatch!” (even though… <insert what everyone else has said>)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

this is basically a love tap compared to previous nerf bat beatings.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Anet this patch is really disgusting for a thief player.we really get nothing and now we are also more and more punished in 1vs1.
Why didnt u improve some of ur traps?Why didnt u improve ur condi cleanse? P/P is still crap?Traits?Im okei with the nervs but there is nothing that compensate…….
=(

Haven’t you heard?

Thieves are Thieves.

your core gameplay is still there, and your venoms are buffed. Daggers now cleave, and warriors can’t evispam you.

only thing majorly diff is now your blind dura suffers, and Mesmers actually have a chance to put up a fight against you now.

you got stronger, and the skill floor got raised. Time to evolve that playstyle.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

=(

Haven’t you heard?

Thieves are Thieves

you got stronger, and the skill floor got raised. Time to evolve that playstyle.

Your full of nonsense.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

=(

Haven’t you heard?

Thieves are Thieves

Your full of nonsense.

in what way is cleave + improved venoms and mesmers being a threat nonsense regards “Thieves being stronger, skill floor raised?”

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

I keep seeing people say venoms were buffed. Did I miss something?

I thought only the venom share trait was changed so allies use the thief’s condi stats instead of their own. That’s not a change to venom, it’s a change to a trait that is used by venom share.

Venom haven’t been buffed. Venom share was.

Besides that Dagger auto attack has cleave +1. Those are the only incoming buffs.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I can’t be the only one who actually DOESN’T want my daggers to cleave. Now, when fighting condi Mesmers in WvW, I’m going to be accidentally hitting clones willy nilly and getting conditions that I wouldn’t have had to suffer through if I was allowed to pick my intended target.

Sure, it might aid corpse cleave, but I corpse cleave with a Shortbow using 2 and 4 anyway.

Also, Venoms were not buffed. Venomshare was fixed to be what it was supposed to be, but it’s not going to be a new meta. Anyone who thinks so has never played Thief ever.

Range increase on Ricochet is pointless and contrived. It’s still never going to be used. P/P is still a terrible weaponset. P/D doesn’t and never will need the trait.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Chicago Jack.5647

I can’t be the only one who actually DOESN’T want my daggers to cleave. Now, when fighting condi Mesmers in WvW, I’m going to be accidentally hitting clones willy nilly and getting conditions that I wouldn’t have had to suffer through if I was allowed to pick my intended target.

And on top of things, you’re going to get hit with an impale with no cooldown.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

They didn’t go far enough. Stealth still exists.

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Why didnt u improve ur condi cleanse?

Sword 2 removes 1
Your heal removes 3, either Burning/Bleeding/Poison, or Cripple/Chilled/Immobilize
Your Signet of Agility removes 1, and affects allies
Your Shadow Step removes 3

Thieves, from what I understand, have some of the most reliable active condition removal in the game. Unless I’m the only person in the entire game that uses these skills…

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

This Patch is Anti Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

or just take shadow art like all the unskilled thief in wvw do and boom, lots of condi removal