Warrior : Axe Offhand

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Warriors have nothing to complain about. Have you SEEN the offhand axe Ranger skill 5? Thought not. Also, damage-buffing Warriors, whether it would make them OP or not (even though every other profession knows warriors are OP anyway) should be the last thing on the devs’ priorities list right now.

Ranger axe 5 is actually one of the best skills ranger has, considering the massive amount of utility on top of the damage it deals.

LOL

“Hey guys, im going to self root, effectively CC’ing myself just to reflect projectiles while doing less damage in this long channel than my own autoattack chain!”

MASSIVE UTILITY INDEED. THAT’S WHY SO MANY POWER RANGERS ARE AROUND.

It reflects, grants retaliation, deals aoe damage, and stacks vulnerability. It’s an incredibly useful skill that people like to underestimate.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Warriors have nothing to complain about. Have you SEEN the offhand axe Ranger skill 5? Thought not. Also, damage-buffing Warriors, whether it would make them OP or not (even though every other profession knows warriors are OP anyway) should be the last thing on the devs’ priorities list right now.

Ranger axe 5 is actually one of the best skills ranger has, considering the massive amount of utility on top of the damage it deals.

LOL

“Hey guys, im going to self root, effectively CC’ing myself just to reflect projectiles while doing less damage in this long channel than my own autoattack chain!”

It reflects, grants retaliation, deals aoe damage, and stacks vulnerability. It’s an incredibly useful skill that people like to underestimate.

The reflection radius is 90 units, that’s too small to be effective. A projectile AoE landing next to you will hit you. Retaliation is bad and it’s dps is laughable. And the self root is … no! The only good it’s for is a bit of lulz againts Mai (Though GS is better, straight up block it). If the radius was larger (untraited) then yeah it could be useful, as it it now not so much.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Bry you should know that ranger axe off hand is the s**t on power builds, and that ranger axe 5 is very nice in the right hands.

Now you do

Phaatonn, London UK

in Profession Balance

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Maybe it’s the axe autoattack that needs nerfing more than cyclone needs fixing?

Warriors are flat out kittened. The warrior offhand axe skill 5 still does about double the damage of a ranger’s whirling defense, you can move while doing so, and in fact if anything most warrior weapons except for mace need damage nerfs considering how far above everybody else their damage is.

No class except the thief can do the sustained damage of a warrior, and warriors are the one class that gets away with playing in knights gear.

LOL

That’s exactly what we need. Nerfing one thing to make another look appealing. And just like thief almost everything in a warriors kit is built around doing damage, it’s what the class was built for. We don’t have great boons, or aoe, or illusions, or stealth. We hit things and that’s about it.

Thank god you’re not in charge of anything important. Once again, what other classes have or do not have is completely irrelevant to this topic.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

LOL

In PVE it’s fine but in PVP it’s a joke. Just needs to be usable while moving.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Axe 5 is an excelent tool to tag everybody in wvw and build adrenalin within a sec.
I play only wvw and dont know whats going on elswhere

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

Axe 5 would be good if adrenaline wasn’t so easy to gain.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

lol at nerfing warrior axe auto in pve. backloaded dps on a fairly long chain, it’s already pretty bad as is. if anything it should be buffed such that missing/not critting the last hit doesn’t absolutely neuter your damage.

axe 5 is terrible, it definitely needs damage buff or some other sort of utility. reflection would be amazing but op, maybe projectile destruction could be an option.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Maybe it’s the axe autoattack that needs nerfing more than cyclone needs fixing?

Warriors are flat out kittened. The warrior offhand axe skill 5 still does about double the damage of a ranger’s whirling defense, you can move while doing so, and in fact if anything most warrior weapons except for mace need damage nerfs considering how far above everybody else their damage is.

No class except the thief can do the sustained damage of a warrior, and warriors are the one class that gets away with playing in knights gear.

LOL

That’s exactly what we need. Nerfing one thing to make another look appealing. And just like thief almost everything in a warriors kit is built around doing damage, it’s what the class was built for. We don’t have great boons, or aoe, or illusions, or stealth. We hit things and that’s about it.

Thank god you’re not in charge of anything important. Once again, what other classes have or do not have is completely irrelevant to this topic.

Warriors don’t have boons? What a load of crap. With the signet elite you pretty much have perma fury/might stacks and high uptime on swiftness,. Warrior has the most ready access to the offensive boons.

Damage is the most valuable asset a class can bring in a game with no trinity, so DUH the two classes with the best damage skills are going to govern.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

LOL

In PVE it’s fine but in PVP it’s a joke. Just needs to be usable while moving.

Except this is a PvE topic.

In a PvE topic, you throw away your PvP thoughts.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Profession Balance

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

LOL

Warriors don’t have boons? What a load of crap. With the signet elite you pretty much have perma fury/might stacks and high uptime on swiftness,. Warrior has the most ready access to the offensive boons.

Damage is the most valuable asset a class can bring in a game with no trinity, so DUH the two classes with the best damage skills are going to govern.

Did you see what you said? Key word there being offensive?

P.S. Warrior isn’t even the strongest class as far as dps goes. At least 1/4 the classes in the game do it better.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

The reflection radius is 90 units, that’s too small to be effective. A projectile AoE landing next to you will hit you. Retaliation is bad and it’s dps is laughable. And the self root is … no! The only good it’s for is a bit of lulz againts Mai (Though GS is better, straight up block it). If the radius was larger (untraited) then yeah it could be useful, as it it now not so much.

So much this! If this is the most usefull skill the ranger has to deliver, you may also delete the class entirely.
PS: First time I used this skill against mai, it made me laugh so hard that I got killed

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

in Profession Balance

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

LOL

Did you see what you said? Key word there being offensive?

P.S. Warrior isn’t even the strongest class as far as dps goes. At least 1/4 the classes in the game do it better.

This argument again. Yes a guard can burst more than a warrior can, yes a mesmer may have better 1v1 damage in PvP and yes, ther may be a built for elementalists that outdamages the warrior. Yet all those builds are highly situational and the warrior is still the best class to maintain a high sustained dps while eating a crap ton of damage.
And yeah, lets give the warrior protection so he can still deal as much damage as he is doing right now and tanking even more. Cool idea. I can really see the point behind this. Not.

in Profession Balance

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

The weakness of the warrior used to be no access to defensive boons or high conditionremoval. Thanks to the updates and his high basehealth and -armor, those weaknesses are gone and there had not been any comprehensions for that. Thus, the warrior is overperforming right now.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

The knew weakness is the dependence on “Healing Signet”, as every other war heal is simply too under powered to be on par with it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

The knew weakness is the dependence on “Healing Signet”, as every other war heal is simply too under powered to be on par with it.

Having a heal that far outperforms other heals because of how good it is, is not a weakness.

Mending: 20sec cd, 1sec cast.
Heals: 5.2k and removes 3 conditions

Now mine,
Bandage Self: 20sec cd, 1sec cast
Heals: 4.8k, no other effects.

Even your “bad” heals are good.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kratos.6293

Kratos.6293

Having a heal that far outperforms other heals because of how good it is, is not a weakness.

Mending: 20sec cd, 1sec cast.
Heals: 5.2k and removes 3 conditions

Now mine,
Bandage Self: 20sec cd, 1sec cast
Heals: 4.8k, no other effects.

Even your “bad” heals are good.

That’s just the F1 option for the MED kit. So you got more heals + fury. Then you guys also have water fields which you can just blast to heal 100%.