Warrior Lonbow-the real culprit

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Why use longbow if it doesnt have the guaranteed CI proc?

Thats the reason most warrior use longbow.. else everyone will use hammer or some other CC weapon.. if you nerf this on longbow we could also remove the weapon from warr because there is just no reason.. besides condi users ofc.

Yes people don’t understand the concept of " bow is only to clear conditions" other than that we only have 2 skills + 1 more trait ( Shroud it Off) to clear conditions, Shake it Off (1 condition 24 sec cd) and Signet of Stamina (cure all conditions 45 sec cd).

What people don’t seem to understand (and by people, I mean you), is that by definition, this is imbalance among the weapon sets. There is no rational justification for one weapons burst skill to function differently with the CI trait then the other weapon sets. If you feel you need to use a weapon just for its exploitative interaction with the trait, then that is certainly problematic and it promotes a lack of diversity in builds, by having one in a superior position.

Hypocrisy at its finest. You make a 2 sentence post, and one sentence literally contradicts the other one entirely.

I’m not complaining about anything!!

I’m complaining about the whiners…

Smart kitten huh? you should use your brain and learn how to play and stop whining about other professions.

(edited by xbutcherx.3861)

in Profession Balance

xbutcherx.3861

Why use longbow if it doesnt have the guaranteed CI proc?

Thats the reason most warrior use longbow.. else everyone will use hammer or some other CC weapon.. if you nerf this on longbow we could also remove the weapon from warr because there is just no reason.. besides condi users ofc.

Yes people don’t understand the concept of " bow is only to clear conditions" other than that we only have 2 skills + 1 more trait ( Shroud it Off) to clear conditions, Shake it Off (1 condition 24 sec cd) and Signet of Stamina (cure all conditions 45 sec cd).

What people don’t seem to understand (and by people, I mean you), is that by definition, this is imbalance among the weapon sets. There is no rational justification for one weapons burst skill to function differently with the CI trait then the other weapon sets. If you feel you need to use a weapon just for its exploitative interaction with the trait, then that is certainly problematic and it promotes a lack of diversity in builds, by having one in a superior position.

Hypocrisy at its finest. You make a 2 sentence post, and one sentence literally contradicts the other one entirely.

I’m not complaining about anything!!

I’m complaining about the whiners…

Well why cant Longbow be better in removing conditions?
Because thats a kitten hard reason why most warriors use longbow…

If hammer doesnt have CC we wont use hammer

If Axe doesnt have evi it wouldnt be used in pvp (PVP! not pve..)

Etc

etc..

All weapons are better in something else..

If you want ALL weapons to be the same with F1.. why not give Rifle a 1/2 sec kill shot hmm??

Or make all melee F1 a 600 leap like hamemer.. would be cool a 600 leap on Evi / arcing slice / skull crack / flurry.

Because they should ALL be the same right?? all SHOULD have the same succes/fail rate right??

Well said +1

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Your confusing a weapons value or functionality with how it functions with a proc trait.

If a weapon is to be better at condition removal, then it needs to be build into the weapons skills. All of the benefits of the other weapons you mention have to do with the weapons designed functionality.

Where did anyone suggest having the same F1 skill? I clearly stated only having all of the F1 skill have the same proc functionality with CI. I never suggested the F! skills themselves be changed in any other way. You are misunderstanding what was said.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

xbutcherx.3861

Your confusing a weapons value or functionality with how it functions with a proc trait.

If a weapon is to be better at condition removal, then it needs to be build into the weapons skills. All of the benefits of the other weapons you mention have to do with the weapons designed functionality.

Where did anyone suggest having the same F1 skill? I clearly stated only having all of the F1 skill have the same proc functionality with CI. I never suggested the F! skills themselves be changed in any other way. You are misunderstanding what was said.

You play an Engineer? Let me guess grenade Engineer? and you hate a warrior can clear 3 conditions so often?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

I do understand what your saying, dont get me wrong here.

BUT

CI is still a MUST have for warriors. Brawlers doesnt change that.
(builds that doesnt run CI are just troll builds.. or builds made to kill in 5sec and get out..)

So if CI is still a MUST have, you cant just say kitten you and good luck with your ground target skill.

And this so called nerf to longbow does NOTHING to address warriors HAVE to use X weapon… because now warriors HAVE to run something like hammer.. a leap AOE skill to atleast have a decent chance to proc CI..

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

You play an Engineer? Let me guess grenade Engineer? and you hate a warrior can clear 3 conditions so often?

I actually have leveled all 8 professions to 80, all leveled in primarily WvW and some PvP.

I have a commander tag on all profession.

I literally have no condition gear on a single profession, I play power builds exclusively at the moment.

I have almost never used grenades in any build, I am a bomb kit guy.

Wrong on all accounts there Ms. Cleo. What else does your foggy crystal ball tell you oh wise one?

So no, my problem is, when I play my warrior, the fact that a trait works 100% of the time with one weapon and not the others is a clear and obvious imbalance.

You see, unlike yourself, I am not speaking with a bias perspective in favor of one profession or another, I am speaking from what I personally feel, is reasonable objectiveness.

in Profession Balance

xbutcherx.3861

I actually have leveled all 8 professions to 80, all leveled in primarily WvW and some PvP.

I have a commander tag on all profession.

I literally have no condition gear on a single profession, I play power builds exclusively at the moment.

I have almost never used grenades in any build, I am a bomb kit guy.

Wrong on all accounts there Ms. Cleo. What else does your foggy crystal ball tell you oh wise one?

So no, my problem is, when I play my warrior, the fact that a trait works 100% of the time with one weapon and not the others is a clear and obvious imbalance.

You see, unlike yourself, I am not speaking with a bias perspective in favor of one profession or another, I am speaking from what I personally feel, is reasonable objectiveness.

In plain words you just asking to nerf F1 LB, is that it?

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

I simply want to have congruency between how CI procs with the all the F1 burst skills. If a nerf is required when one skill is over powering the others, then yes. That is how you keep the power creep out of the game. This has happened to every profession.

in Profession Balance

xbutcherx.3861

I simply want to have congruency between how CI procs with the all the F1 burst skills. If a nerf is required when one skill is over powering the others, then yes. That is how you keep the power creep out of the game. This has happened to every profession.

So why LB burst and not Hammer burst? they are the same AoE.

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

Because one procs C.I. 100% of the time, whether it actually hits a opponent or not. The other one does not.

in Profession Balance

xbutcherx.3861

Because one procs C.I. 100% of the time, whether it actually hits a opponent or not. The other one does not.

If LB procs w/out hitting then is clear is a bug and nothing else. The trait clearly states that Gain adrenaline when hit. Remove a condition for every bar of adrenaline spent, and in order to spent all bars you need to hit something.
I have no tested myself but asking for a nerf instead of a fix is way different.

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

If LB procs w/out hitting then is clear is a bug and nothing else. The trait clearly states that Gain adrenaline when hit. Remove a condition for every bar of adrenaline spent, and in order to spent all bars you need to hit something.
I have no tested myself but asking for a nerf instead of a fix is way different.

About time you caught up to the conversation. That is the whole point of this thread. If it is a bug it needs to be fixed.

Where did I ask for a nerf again? you keep making that statement. I challenged you to quote where I said this already.

I have literally spent 2 pages trying to help you understand the problem. You just now caught up and said the exact thing the rest of us have been saying. The really odd thing is you suggested it was a nerf when they rest of us explained the issue to you…………..

in Profession Balance

xbutcherx.3861

About time you caught up to the conversation. That is the whole point of this thread. If it is a bug it needs to be fixed.

Where did I ask for a nerf again? you keep making that statement. I challenged you to quote where I said this already.

I have literally spent 2 pages trying to help you understand the problem. You just now caught up and said the exact thing the rest of us have been saying. The really odd thing is you suggested it was a nerf when they rest of us explained the issue to you…………..

But then again, and here is the good part of all this, it is actually a nerf what you asking for.
1.-The traits states clear condition per bar spent.
2.- When you use the burst you spent all the bars whether you hit something or not.
3.- The trait is working as intended.
Sorry but is the way it is.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

But then again, and here is the good part of all this, it is actually a nerf what you asking for.
2.- When you use the burst you spent all the bars whether you hit something or not.

Why thank you captain obvious. We are all very aware of how it is. We are all aware of how it works. We are simply discussing the fact that how it is, ends up being somewhat problematic.

in Profession Balance

xbutcherx.3861

Why thank you captain obvious. We are all very aware of how it is. We are all aware of how it works. We are simply discussing the fact that how it is, ends up being somewhat problematic.

It is not problematic, cannot be more simpler than that =)

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

Boehoe cry somewhere else now..

Getting really tired of this endless nerf warrior traits.

Where all i see is nerfs for warr and MORE powercreep for other classes.. look at mesmer/ele.. only buffs buffs buffs buffs

Now let this threat die and go cry somewhere else..

balance patch.. pff yeah right.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Sure, it is like that now. But in the Ready Up it was explicitely said that the burst skill will have to hit in order to process CI. Thus, your argument about that is soon going to be wrong- the requirement for its activation is going to change.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

Sure, it is like that now. But in the Ready Up it was explicitely said that the burst skill will have to hit in order to process CI. Thus, your argument about that is soon going to be wrong- the requirement for its activation is going to change.

It does hit >> the ground
Its a ground target skill…

So it should work..

And doesnt matter anymore because all classes get more buffs, stop complaining about warriors.

in Profession Balance

Manuhell.2759

No, it should work if you actually hit an enemy with the skill. As that was the whole point of changing how the trait works.
Doing otherwise makes the whole change meaningless, as people will just use the longbow for a guaranteed cleansing, despite the change. The point of changing how adrenaline and CI work is that you aren’t supposed to be rewarded for failing.
And as now, it works exactly like that.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: FugueState.3842

FugueState.3842

I’m sorry…but the QQ I see about adrenaline nerfs is rather sad.

I run GS/LB cheese burst on 2 with Bull Charge and Frenzy. Long Bow is to chase baddies that run their hardest, or pin down on initial burst.

I have never ran Cleansing Ire as conditions in this game get reapplied way too kitten quickly and I lose out on Last Stand, and granted that it has a 90 sec CD, stability is something that is required when you run into groups of 4 or more people (or 1 really friggin annoying engi with 23925662 blowout skills).

There are arrows on the utility skills for a reason; learn to swap them out to employ a broader range of possibilities on the field.

Warrior has access to so many great things that people dont use because theyre too busy using their sword and gs skills to run away. Yeah I use my gs to run away too; but I rarely do it unless its an unfair fight (cough cough condi mesmer). Besides, throw Sigil of Intelligence in with Eviscerate, and you can see why people hate us (run from a fight with full adrenaline/regen your HP out of combat). The adrenaline debuff was a doable change. LB F1 still uses all adrenaline on ground hit anyways. Hammer missing and then not using all adrenaline always seemed like a bug to me.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

It does hit >> the ground
Its a ground target skill…

So it should work..

And doesnt matter anymore because all classes get more buffs, stop complaining about warriors.

I hate to throw thing such as fact and logic at you two, because I see those are two things that baffle you. But if you trolling in such a die hard manner to defend your Hambow build. Why does earthshaker function differently then combustive shot?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

The main objective of that skill is create an fire field at target location, this occurs hitting or not a foe. Players will be damaged and burned if enter in that field.
It’s similar to wall of fire that will hit and burn. Also is similar to tricks that will hit or make something with who enter.
Earthshaker is deferent because the main objective is stun foes in targeted area.

in Profession Balance

xbutcherx.3861

No, it should work if you actually hit an enemy with the skill. As that was the whole point of changing how the trait works.
Doing otherwise makes the whole change meaningless, as people will just use the longbow for a guaranteed cleansing, despite the change. The point of changing how adrenaline and CI work is that you aren’t supposed to be rewarded for failing.

Sorry it works on Adrenaline BAR SPENT, and not on hitting someone. Get it?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

This brings up a point of semantics I hadnt considered.

New Adrenaline rework says:

"
We reworked how the adrenaline works. Currently, your adrenaline is only consumed if you hit with your skill (i.e. if you miss with Eviscerate, your adrenaline is not consumed). Now If you miss your adrenaline dump skills, you will lose adrenaline."

Does this mean a whiffed burst attack counts as “spending” adrenaline?

So now we can proc CI whenever we want basically?

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CptCuddles.8912

CptCuddles.8912

Everyone was so quick to jump on the ileap swap change calling it a wonderful bug fix. I see no reason why we shouldn’t be impartial here and continue ironing out these awful bugs hampering our game play.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Longbow f1 always creates a fire field. The other player dont need to be there to the fire field be deployed. So that is not a bug and will never be.
Thats why its good with CI. Every other warrior f1 burst can be easely avoided so CI is not that great with those setups.

And that is the main reason longbow is a MUST for warriors. After the patch longbow f1 will be less used unless warriors dont use any other burst skill.

in Profession Balance

Manuhell.2759

Did you even follow the Ready Up about warriors?
One of the devs explicitely said in chat that they’re changing how CI will work. And it won’t process on miss.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Did you even follow the Ready Up about warriors?
One of the devs explicitely said in chat that they’re changing how CI will work. And it won’t process on miss.

Kay. Thanks for clarification.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.