We need a solution now for Stealth!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Thieves are not an issue, stealth is not an issue, the issue is people wanting an easy button. You people don’t complain about me stacking my boons through my own combo fields while I damage you and become more of a threat as the fight progresses. The simple solution is to just prevent what is causing the issues from happening and as the old saying goes. “The simplest solution is the best solution”.

Regards,
Xter

I will corrupt boon with some dark path here and there to death!

Yes because every style can be countered but not from all professions.

Ah so now there is a “but”. I was just my way to tell you your analogy doesn’t work. And it still don’t.

What do you mean? Corruption necro counter boon ele better than any other professions the same way good Turret/Rifle Engi counter stealth with CC. Certain professions and builds will do better or worse in some situations what’s wrong with that? Are you supposed to handle perfectly everything with any build on any class?

It’s a hardcounter, what you were describing with stealth were soft counters. Soft counters =/= hardcounters

Your right soft counter =/= hard counter but it is still a counter which by your own admission then stealth has viable counters. If they were to add hard counters, would need to remove soft counters and buff non stealth ALOT to balance. However, none of that needs to be done, since stealth has counters

This is getting redundant… I’m just going to copy/past other people post at this point.

Although these are effective means of mitigating a thief’s frontloaded attacks, they can still not be considered specific counters against stealth since I could also use these techniques against other classes that do not utilize stealth.

And pre-emptive usage of these actions if you are aware that a thief is nearby is still playing by the thief’s rules and relies mostly on luck or on the thief’s mistake or lack of experience. I would wait in the shadows if I am a thief until those defensive cooldowns expire and I can happily HS spam on you after a few backstab hits afterwards. Meanwhile, you swing your weapons aimlessly here and there hoping to see a downed thief pop somewhere.

What I want to see is more access to skills like Sic-em for other classes. Skills that limit the ability to stealth or the duration of stealth or reveal stealthed players in an area but at the cost of utilities with cooldowns and such just like how people bring stunbreaks for stuns and CC.

You seem to be believe stealth counters everything… Asking for all professions to have an anti-stealth mechanism is too direct not every profession handle CC or conditions that well the same should be for stealth.
Remember we don’t want to make stealth useless.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Xter summarised it pretty clearly. Fighting a P/D thief in WvWvW is naturally hard.

L2P. Just run away.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Xter summarised it pretty clearly. Fighting a P/D thief in WvWvW is naturally hard.

L2P. Just run away.

Or you can get on an engi and spam grenades. That works too.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Revealed should be 2s when the stealth times out (and 4 seconds when the stealth is broken).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Emi.4152

Emi.4152

i’m just going to leave a simple suggestion here.

I will not say L2P, rather perhaps, i would like the people who have created ‘solutions’ for stealth to try them out, which i would like to refer to as ‘LFD’ (Learn From Dying)

Create a thief and lvl to 80! go into wvw and play using the solutions/restrictions to stealth that you yourself has recommended.

e.g. play a d/p thief without ever going into stealth by using black powder and heart seeker (BP should be changed to dark field), attempt backstab/whatever stealth skill only once per stealth and stop attacking if you miss or get blocked, if you feel that thieves should not move as fast as they do in stealth, tap your movement keys while in stealth instead of holding them, if you feel that thieves only gear glassy because they want to, go full pvt and do whatever you like, if you think that stealth inherently is the best damage avoidance mechanic in the whole game, play whatever stealth weaponset you like with whatever utilities but do not invest in the SA traitline at all.

good luck :>

Yak’s Bend – Hello Kitty and Friends (aFK)
Lv 80 Thief – Emi Smacks / Lv 80 Ele – Emi Casts / Lv 80 Necro – Emi Nox

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Burned effect could appear around stealth character.
The stealth character becomes semi-stealth, showing flames around the body, allowing target and hit.
When the burn ends, the stealth back to original effect. This also allow the stealth player retain the stealth via cleanse.

Ex:
A stealth thief fighting an elementalist becomes burned. Then becomes semi stealth, showing burned effect (flames) around his body. Then after 3 seconds the burn are removed by Shadow’s Embrace trait, and returns to full stealth if the stealth don’t ends yet.

• The burns counter the stealth, and cleansers counters the burn.
  • The stealth still viable, but now with a counter play.

(edited by JETWING.2759)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Splatter Paw.7238

Splatter Paw.7238

It’s not hard to kill a stealth thief, I can CnD and backstab a thief WHILE he’s invisible pretty reliably. So what’s the issue?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Stealth is something that I wouldn’t label op. However, this seems to be consistently complained about for a long time. I’m surprised nothing has been done to make this amazing feature more fun for those using it and those fighting it. Instead the updates are geared at hurting the users via revealed because it is hurting the player via resetting matches with prolonged stealth. Perhaps it should be made more fluently effective for the users while being less annoying for the players.

What I mean is completely redoing stealth rather than nerfing it or buffing it.
For example a player can stealth without revealed for 30 seconds on thief. However, after 30 seconds The player must wait 60 seconds to be able to stealth in combat. This is 30 seconds to not get revealed on attacks and be invisible. This could be achieved by using d/p combo fields, refuge, and stacking stealth same as it is currently stacked. Except, you can attack while staying in stealth for 30 seconds. That would mean that a thief can surly abuse stealth in a match for 30 seconds every 60 seconds; however, if they are unable to kill or stack stealth, they are able to be attacked out of stealth without vanishing every 5 seconds. It makes burst viable and killing thief in SA a bit less stressful. Of-course they can choose when they want to have accumulated 30 seconds of stealth and start their 60 second CD.

This is a ridiculous example but a big change like that might need to be considered.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)