"When you activate an Elite skill" - UNFAIR

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Either give every profession low (relatively) cooldown Elite skills, or remove these type of things from the game.

Oh and why is there a 30 second cooldown on the new Krait rune 6 piece bonus? Can any profession actually get even close to a 30 second cooldown Elite?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Yup. 36s on basilisk venom. 48s on signet of rage.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

20s on flesh golem charge (assuming it’s still alive).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Either give every profession low (relatively) cooldown Elite skills, or remove these type of things from the game.

Some runesets work better on some classes than other. Perplexity rune is better on an interrupt-heavy class, guardian rune without blocks are useless…
Should we add block, interrupt, basically everything to everyone, or remove runesets altogether ?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Don’t worry, that rune set doesn’t seem to be working at all. Also, those things are there to give elites an actual purpose for some classes. Certain classes have very situational elites after all, such as Ele.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Some runesets work better on some classes than other. Perplexity rune is better on an interrupt-heavy class, guardian rune without blocks are useless…
Should we add block, interrupt, basically everything to everyone, or remove runesets altogether ?

Does 5 condition conversion work better on a thief than a ranger or guardian or elementalist? Please don’t give me: with the condition meta bla bla bla thief doesn’t have condition removal bla bla bla mye mye.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

it seems like krait runes were supposed to tigger on heal

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The cooldown on the Krait runes seems to be aimed at preventing Necros from doubling-up on the activation with Summon Flesh Golem/Charge. That is the only elite skill that can be activated twice in such a short time period.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The cooldown on the Krait runes seems to be aimed at preventing Necros froum doubling-up on the activation with Summon Flesh Golem/Charge. That is the only elite skill that can be activated twice in such a short time period.

I think a thief with improvisation can be lucky and activate it also twice in a very short period.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The cooldown on the Krait runes seems to be aimed at preventing Necros froum doubling-up on the activation with Summon Flesh Golem/Charge. That is the only elite skill that can be activated twice in such a short time period.

I think a thief with improvisation can be lucky and activate it also twice in a very short period.

There are thieves that run that trait?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Maybe they are hoping there will be.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Does 5 condition conversion work better on a thief than a ranger or guardian or elementalist? Please don’t give me: with the condition meta bla bla bla thief doesn’t have condition removal bla bla bla mye mye.

I fail to understand how your point relate to mine. I was saying most runeset are of variable effectiveness, not just “on elite” ones.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

it seems like krait runes were supposed to tigger on heal

Source? I assumed so initially when seeing the cooldown.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/