biggest trait joke ever

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Seiishizo.7162

Seiishizo.7162

http://s30.postimg.org/6rgevz7s1/biggest_necro_joke.png

It’s called 5 points into spite from a necro

(for those of you who don’t know spite, it’s the first trait line, power/condi duration)

At least when its almost to late… you will gain 1 whole might for 5 whole seconds …. for what reason? I really wonder who came up with this and what was his/her idea behind it

Owner and creator of http://www.gw2score.com
Btw: It’s Sey-Shi-zo ^.^

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Platanos.8107

Platanos.8107

The skill description is wrong. You get 1 whole might for 5 whole seconds every time you are hit and is under 25% health. And it works with DS.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

The skill description is wrong. You get 1 whole might for 5 whole seconds every time you are hit and is under 25% health. And it works with DS.

This.

In Theorie it can be quite strong by combining with DS. But in reality it sadly doesnt work that well and is normally a useless trait.

It is definitive a trait that need some rework.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The idea behind the trait is quite interesting. There’s some mobs which hit you very very quickly but for little, and against these it stacks high. I suspect with some player attacks it could work similarly, although I’m not sure something like barrage would even trigger it more than once.

But yeah, come on, skill fact fixes! :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

That’s definitely a bad trait, but there are plenty of horrible minor traits in the game.

Like Instinctual Bond for Ranger (remember how nice the original trait was?) or Last Refuge for Thief (tends to kill Thieves almost as much as it does saving them)

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i dunno, as a power necro specced for turning Life Blast into a nuke in deathshroud it can be really strong.

lets say you get hit every second, you will cap out at 5 stacks, thats an extra 175 power while under 25%, against 2 people that would be 350 power and against 3 that’s 525.
its basically a last ditch effort trait.

if it didn’t work with deathshround then i agree, it’d be aweful, but i can last just as long or longer than my actual health in deathshroud and utilize the large damage boost.

note i didn’t even take strength/pirate runes in to account which would make the might last 7.25.
(i usually use scholar/pack runes)

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

i dunno, as a power necro specced for turning Life Blast into a nuke in deathshroud it can be really strong.

lets say you get hit every second, you will cap out at 5 stacks, thats an extra 175 power while under 25%, against 2 people that would be 350 power and against 3 that’s 525.
its basically a last ditch effort trait.

if it didn’t work with deathshround then i agree, it’d be aweful, but i can last just as long or longer than my actual health in deathshroud and utilize the large damage boost.

note i didn’t even take strength/pirate runes in to account which would make the might last 7.25.
(i usually use scholar/pack runes)

I don’t even…
Ok, no. It’s a bad trait.
1 might per hit when you are under 25% HP is a laughable comeback mechanic.

First of all, if you have full DS why are you already under 25%? Necros are usually running low on LF if they are brought that low because we know that critical levels of HP on a Necro is actually close to death. We don’t have damage mitigation outside of dodge and DS.
Second of all, Necros have horrible recovery mechanics when you’re at 25% you are probably not going back to over 50% and that means that getting more damage when you are that low is probably not going to swing a fight.
Thirdly, it’s not a “large damage boost”, the more power you have the less proportionately powerful this trait becomes, heck since you NEED to be in DS make this useful without dying, condi builds are already screwed.
Fourth, this trait works best when an enemy hits fast and weak. When does that happen in PvP? Mesmer clones? I can’t think of any other situation where this trait might get me 10 stacks of might before I run out of LF because I’M GETTING ATTACKED!
Finally, boon hate is at an all time high in the meta because of the abundance of bunkers and boon runes, your feeble stacks of might- because what other boon are you getting as a Necro?- are probably gonna go bye bye pretty bloody fast.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The trait is very strangely designed the idea lies that you are hit below 25% health which is unfortunaly not a good place to be as a necro. So it implies that is designed around the idea of being into DS but that doesn’t make sense either because either:
-you are stronger in DS, but why would you want to be hit? It just depletes your life force faster so you become weaker. Hell spamming life blast gives 15 seconds of 1 might traited so you get more might if you don’t get hit.
-you are weaker in DS, why would you want to be in DS? Damage migitation. But when the DS is empty you will still be at 25% health. So you hope to get a heal off cooldown which is better if your DS last longer.

In both cases getting hit is not a good idea, making the trait nearly useless.

EverythingOP

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

at least it’s not a trait that will kill you and is adept tier…

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

We had to deal with that on release.
It was called reanimator and people could get second winds from the jagged horror.

We had to post video proof before THAT got fixed and wait over a year for it to go away entirely.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Wrong trait.

BTW OP would you like to trade?

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Do you know whats really a joke of a GM trait?

The mesmer’s disrupter’s sustainment in Inspiration.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

You say siphoned power is useless now but that skill will be a bane for any engineer that is about to switch over to flamethrower.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Wrong trait.

I cant speak for the op but I’d gladly make that trade any day of the week. Stealth necro op.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Wrong trait.

I cant speak for the op but I’d gladly make that trade any day of the week. Stealth necro op.

I once ran infiltrator runes on necro in hotjoin once against a 4 warrior team. They QQed in map chat that I was hacking to stealth before they killed me each time.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

This trait can also save you… Stealth removes conditions, so if you are running away it can trigger. I mean, most thieves who get low are running away anyhow to reset the fight.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Seiishizo.7162

Seiishizo.7162

In a necro power build about 1-3 of the minor traits are use full. out of 7 , that kinda sucks

Owner and creator of http://www.gw2score.com
Btw: It’s Sey-Shi-zo ^.^

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

This trait can also save you… Stealth removes conditions, so if you are running away it can trigger. I mean, most thieves who get low are running away anyhow to reset the fight.

most thieves who are getting low are trying to get into stealth by their own means when last refuge triggers and puts them on revealed. i have never, ever met a thief that wouldn’t gladly take “no adept minor” over having to take last refuge.

Wrong trait.

at least you can opt out of that one…

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Most of necros minor traits are bad. But siphoned power definately takes the undisputed top spot for most useless.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

zapv.8051

most thieves who are getting low are trying to get into stealth by their own means when last refuge triggers and puts them on revealed. i have never, ever met a thief that wouldn’t gladly take “no adept minor” over having to take last refuge.

Wrong trait.

at least you can opt out of that one…

In my honest opinion last refuge is still a far better trait. It can be useful, but very few thieves anticipate it hitting even though they know it is coming. Siphoned power on the other hand is an almost useless GRANDMASTER trait. Furthermore, thieves aren’t running shadow arts in the two game modes that are supposedly balanced anyway aka pve and pvp. The same cannot be said for necros and spite.

(edited by zapv.8051)

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Liewec.2896

You say siphoned power is useless now but that skill will be a bane for any engineer that is about to switch over to flamethrower.

this^
10 stacks of might in 2,5 seconds

plus mesmer clones trigger it alot, especially greatsword clones which will hit for pitiful amounts but grant you 3 stacks of might.

there are far worse traits!

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

Lol cause 10 stacks of might when you are close to death with no defensive mechanics is really strong. I dont even understand why anet create traits which encourage playing badly. Doesnt make sense.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Kindled Zeal and Amplified Wrath.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Liewec.2896

Lol cause 10 stacks of might when you are close to death with no defensive mechanics is really strong. I dont even understand why anet create traits which encourage playing badly. Doesnt make sense.

close to death?
with a full bar of deathshroud and spamming 6k life blasts,
we’ll see who is close to death

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

close to death?
with a full bar of deathshroud and spamming 6k life blasts,
we’ll see who is close to death

If you are below 25% health, you don’t have a full bar of life force. You have a partial bar, and little at that (no more than 20%, usually).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

And if you are taking damage from something to give you that might you are going to be in an even poorer state. Either with no lifeforce or less than 10% hp. Such a strong trait!

Just had a look at all grandmaster minors. They are all pretty much just damage boost/vuln on crit traits. Siphoned power is the only one which only has an effect when you are already losing. All other classes can get benefits out of their grandmaster minors at any time. Explain to me again why a niche trait which only does something when you are dieing is acceptable? and in a grandmaster slot aswell?

The only similar grandmaster trait is hidden assassin. And atleast that can be taken advantage of at any time through the players choice.

(edited by spoj.9672)

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Wrong trait.

I was talking about Hard to Survive, but w/e.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

zapv.8051

Wrong trait.

I was talking about Hard to Survive, but w/e.

I’d still gladly make that trade. At least hard to survive might do something useful (in fact it is fairly high probability that you will be moved somewhere farther away from your opponent). I dont think that trait is master level, but it is certainly better than a grandmaster that is only kind of noticeable if you have a lot of deathshroud. Siphoned power also encourages bad play by wanting you to save deathshroud till your health is low. I’m in no way against thieves, and I’d never take hard to catch, but these 2 traits are better than people give them credit for. Hard to catch is to random, but I dont even see a problem with last refuge because you should know when it is coming.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

This trait has nothing on Hard to Catch or Last Refuge, both of which screw over the user. Last Refuge is even an Adept Minor trait.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

zapv.8051

This trait has nothing on Hard to Catch or Last Refuge, both of which screw over the user. Last Refuge is even an Adept Minor trait.

As I explained above that simply isn’t true. Both of those traits will in all likelihood benefit the user. Furthermore, they aren’t almost useless grandmaster traits.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

Arcane precision is pure garbage too.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

Arcane precision is pure garbage too.

Not really. Thats a pretty good trait conceptually. The 10% is a bit weak though.

Siphoned power fails conceptually as well as being totally useless in every situation.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Liewec.2896

As I explained above that simply isn’t true. Both of those traits will in all likelihood benefit the user. Furthermore, they aren’t almost useless grandmaster traits.

gotta be joking!
the description for Last refuge should pretty much read “get 4 seconds of the revealed debuff when your health hits 25%”
and you’re right its not a grand master trait, it is the very first trait so going in to that trait branch will always push the trait on you!

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

zapv.8051

gotta be joking!
the description for Last refuge should pretty much read “get 4 seconds of the revealed debuff when your health hits 25%”
and you’re right its not a grand master trait, it is the very first trait so going in to that trait branch will always push the trait on you!

Lol maybe if your bad, but if your smart you will ANTICIPATE the trait proccing. With all the complaints about this trait you would think people would know by now when it is coming. I very rarely get revealed because of this trait on my d/p thief, and very often get extra stealth and escape because of it. For me, a person who uses the trait wisely it is much much better than a trait that does almost nothing. Also, I want to iterate again that thieves best pvp and pve builds dont go into shadow arts while pve necros and power pvp necros will almost always go into spite. Therefore, in the scenarios anet balances around having an almost useless 25 point grandmaster trait should be much higher priority then a trait that gets complaints because thieves get killed in wvw.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

gotta be joking!

Lol maybe if your bad, but if your smart you will ANTICIPATE the trait proccing. With all the complaints about this trait you would think people would know by now when it is coming. I very rarely get revealed because of this trait on my d/p thief, and very often get extra stealth and escape because of it. For me, a person who uses the trait wisely it is much much better than a trait that does almost nothing. Also, I want to iterate again that thieves best pvp and pve builds dont go into shadow arts while pve necros and power pvp necros will almost always go into spite. Therefore, in the scenarios anet balances around having an almost useless 25 point grandmaster trait should be much higher priority then a trait that gets complaints because thieves get killed in wvw.

+1

Also Dhuumfire condition necro or any hybrid will also go into Spite.. it has a lot of good traits but this one is trash… in fact, I dislike all the minors in spite.. power to healing power? WHY!?

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wranglerist.5489

Wranglerist.5489

I thought this thread would be across all professions, not only about necros.

Was so fired up to rant about Arcane Precision ( especially 10% for a GM Minor )!

Oh well!

#ELEtism

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

I thought this thread would be across all professions, not only about necros.

Was so fired up to rant about Arcane Precision ( especially 10% for a GM Minor )!

Oh well!

I dont think conceptually good traits can be considered as competitors. Arcane precision is a good trait but suffers from being underpowered.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

gotta be joking!

+1

Also Dhuumfire condition necro or any hybrid will also go into Spite.. it has a lot of good traits but this one is trash… in fact, I dislike all the minors in spite.. power to healing power? WHY!?

I actually kind of like power to healing power.

It makes regeneration tick for more when applied by the staff or focus.

That being said it is still underwhelming compared to other things it could give.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

zapv.8051

gotta be joking!

+1

That being said it is still underwhelming compared to other things it could give.

The problem is it is in the power and condition duration line and not the healing power line. I’d expect if I wanted healing I would go into the healing power line. Then again id expect if I wanted boons I’d go into the boon duration line and that doesn’t really work out either.

biggest trait joke ever

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

gotta be joking!

+1

The problem is it is in the power and condition duration line and not the healing power line. I’d expect if I wanted healing I would go into the healing power line. Then again id expect if I wanted boons I’d go into the boon duration line and that doesn’t really work out either.

Conversion traits are always in the line of the stat getting converted. You’re not “going into Spite to get Healing Power”, you’re “getting Healing Power for going into Spite”. It’s a bonus, not a goal.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver