one handed weapons

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

why is thief the only profession that acknowledges that the user is carrying 2 weapons?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

what do you mean?

EverythingOP

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i mean, attacking with both weapons at once.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

It’s their class mechanic.

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

The way Thief’s 3rd skill changes is just something special to them, along with their iniative system.

Many of the off-hand weapon skills for other Professions do make them move their off-hand when used.
They just don’t hit with both at once.

Benight[Edge]

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Malevolent.8465

Malevolent.8465

warrior dual axes #2 and #4 attack show an animation of attacking with both weapons and you see 2 damage strikes with both these attacks. Not quite the same as thief but at least its acknowledged with other classes.

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Velektrian.5491

Velektrian.5491

And People also Claim Stealth is their Class Mechanic.
And Initiative
And Steal
And ShadowSteps
And And No CDs on Weapon Skills.

Pick 1 like everyone else…

80 Mesmer, Engineer, Elementalist, Guardian, Ranger.
Coming soon: Warrior.

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

And People also Claim Stealth is their Class Mechanic.
And Initiative
And Steal
And ShadowSteps
And And No CDs on Weapon Skills.

I rather pick 6.

Edit; 7 for the stealth attacks.

Edit #2; no cd on weapon skills and Initiative are the same so it’s still 6

(edited by BobbyT.7192)

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Oh oh, that’s a fun game!

Mesmers

• Clones
  • Phantasms
  • Shatter
  • Mantras

Engineers

• Kits
  • Toolbelt
  • Turrets

Rangers

• Pet control
  • Skills also affecting the pet
  • Traps
  • Spirits

All classes have a fair few unique mechanics. This is NOT the same as the “class mechanism”, which is what is on your F-keys.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Oh oh, that’s a fun game!

Mesmers

• Clones
  • Phantasms
  • Shatter
  • Mantras

Engineers

• Kits
  • Toolbelt
  • Turrets

Rangers

• Pet control
  • Skills also affecting the pet
  • Traps
  • Spirits

All classes have a fair few unique mechanics. This is NOT the same as the “class mechanism”, which is what is on your F-keys.

Clones and Phantasams are the same thing called Illusions, of which can be 3 and they fuel their profession mechanic, ok so 2

Engies got Tollbelt and kits, again just 2

Rangers got pets and their fused skills, again 2

Warriors got a higher weapon count with bursts, again 2

Guards have the definition of blocking and virtues, again 2

Necros got DS and lifesiphons (tho they are so pathetic it shouldnt even count), so 2

Thieves got: Stealth openers, the definition of blinks, steal, dual skills, 0 cooldowns on weapon skills (which combined with blink means they are efficiently immune to chill and cripple)… yeah please do not try to argue that thieves are not the mechanics favorite of a-net *that does not mean favorite profession nor OP, just that thieves do get the best of the most efficient in terms of mechanics *

Pets/effective dps buffs nor delayed/trigger aoes aint unique, every profession has them in one form or another.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

And Blinks are a Thief thing because they got more of them, but Banners aren’t a unique thing because “everyone has buffs”.

I mean, sure, thieves have a fair few unique mechanics. So? I sure would love conjured weapons on my Mesmer, but they’re an Ele unique stuff, much like Glyphs are. The rest is… meh. I mean really, that’s such a lame excuse for something to criticize about Thieves, instead of how frustrating they are to kill or how cheap stealth attacks are.
The more unique types of skills, the better!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

-snip-

Some of what you have listed aren’t mechanics but utilities and skills. Many of which have skills on other classes that are very similar in function and execution. Like you listed traps under rangers yet theives have traps.

The way i see if most classes have one or two “mechanics” besides thieves who have far more.
The way i see it:

• Warriors
    – adrenaline
    – burst skills
  • Ranger
    – Pets
  • Elementalists
    -Attunements
  • Mesmer
    -Illusions
    -Shatters
  • Necro
    – Death Shroud
  • Guardian
    -Virtues
  • Engi
    – Toolbelt
  • Theif
    -Steal
    -Initiative
    -Stealth Skills
    -Dual Skills

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

-snip-

Some of what you have listed aren’t mechanics but utilities and skills. Many of which have skills on other classes that are very similar in function and execution. Like you listed traps under rangers yet theives have traps.

The way i see if most classes have one or two “mechanics” besides thieves who have far more.
The way i see it:

• Warriors
    – adrenaline
    – burst skills
  • Ranger
    – Pets
  • Elementalists
    -Attunements
  • Mesmer
    -Illusions
    -Shatters
  • Necro
    – Death Shroud
  • Guardian
    -Virtues
  • Engi
    – Toolbelt
  • Theif
    -Steal
    -Initiative
    -Stealth Skills
    -Dual Skills

Profession mechanics are not optional, you cannot under any circumstance not have them.

Which is why i find this a much better list. Engineers and toolkits? Besides the fact anyone with 66c can get a flamethrower, i can choose not to take it myself. Its not a given.
Neither are Conjured weapons for ele’s or Mantra’s for Mesmers.

Its also why i dont consider Stealth a class mechanic for Thieves, because they could feasibly not have any Stealth at all.
The other things are things they will always have, you will always have Steal, Initiative and dual Skills.
And even if you dont get Stealth yourself, you still get Stealth Skills that work just fine when Stealth is offered by an ally. You cannot, not, have Stealth Skills.

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

-snip-

Ahh you were agreeing with my list.

But it still stands that compared to the one or two that other classes have having 4 mechanics, twice the amount of other classes, is a bit odd and personally i see no reason why using two one handed weapons wouldnt result in a dual skill regardless of what class is doing so.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

one handed weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I am very curious as to what the design was going into Thief, how the team handedl it and had their visions set.

Thief is such a unique snowflake, look at them. Their dodge even has a special animation with this blur-effect. Absolutely no practical value, but it does suggest an extra amount of love and tender care went into Thieves.

Engineers shipped with broken, non-scaling weapons that didnt retain an auto-cast function or benefited from Sigils.
For thieves they had time to even make a special animation for their dodge roll, special Stealth Skills, dual-wield skills. Even tough Steal and Initiative alone would more then suffice.

Where were their priorities?