reduced damage for thieves

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

10 % reduced damage for thieves in wvwvw is competly wrecking my D/D roaming spec. i rely on doing HIGH damage and running away, but when i do low damage and can run away im useless. Please im begging you do not implent ferocity for wvwvw, i belive in you. Rip thief, my gw2 life is just destroyed youre breaking my heart.

Thieves are now nerfed into oblivon for roaming too, we cant play the game anyoMORE! pull you self together anet. or start selling waffles on the street instead of making games. How are we thieves supposed to play now? and where? It was the ONLY thing thieves was good at. now im competly heartbroken.

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

(edited by Big Tower.5423)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

You will still be best at running away.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Profession Balance

Big Tower.5423

I couldnt care less for that, i need my damage… When i pick a class i want that swift high dps class. and now that isnt a option. That is really bad and breaks my heart.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rahar.9872

Rahar.9872

Spec out of Shadow Arts? I don’t do WvW much, but if you’re running 10/30/30/0/0 or some variation you’re not meant to do high burst damage – You’re an attrition spec.

Perhaps you could try a different spec or weaponset? I’m not really too sure what the 10% thing you’re talking about is.

in Profession Balance

Big Tower.5423

Spec out of Shadow Arts? I don’t do WvW much, but if you’re running 10/30/30/0/0 or some variation you’re not meant to do high burst damage – You’re an attrition spec.

Perhaps you could try a different spec or weaponset? I’m not really too sure what the 10% thing you’re talking about is.

We got no other viable weaponsets or specs.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Reckless.6325

Reckless.6325

@Rahar – Lol you don’t do much pvp or any sort either then i assume? A D/D thief without 30 in shadow arts is pretty much a free kill. That is ofcourse unless they are running a quadruple signet 1 shot wonder build, in which case they are even easier to kill – you just need to avoid the initial burst. The 10% thing is apparently a 10% nerf to damage for crit damage builds. In other words, his back stabs are gonna deal less damage and therefore take more time for him to kill stuff resulting is potential losses where he may very well have won with an increased 10% damage.

@Big Tower – It’s a shame that your build is being nerfed (I don’t play D/D because its near impossible with australian 300ms ping) but you know what they say my friend:

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

in Profession Balance

Big Tower.5423

@Rahar – Lol you don’t do much pvp or any sort either then i assume? A D/D thief without 30 in shadow arts is pretty much a free kill. That is ofcourse unless they are running a quadruple signet 1 shot wonder build, in which case they are even easier to kill – you just need to avoid the initial burst. The 10% thing is apparently a 10% nerf to damage for crit damage builds. In other words, his back stabs are gonna deal less damage and therefore take more time for him to kill stuff resulting is potential losses where he may very well have won with an increased 10% damage.

@Big Tower – It’s a shame that your build is being nerfed (I don’t play D/D because its near impossible with australian 300ms ping) but you know what they say my friend:

Thank you :P, we keep gettin nerfed but this takes the cake, its just as bad as the 4 sec revealed we had for a period XD

in Profession Balance

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Just reroll a full dire P/D easymode condi bunker thief.
Now it’s all about lame condis.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Y well… then change our kitten pink gears to dire!

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Wait, you’re telling me that you think this would completely wreck backstab thieves? Okay, so you have to stealth an extra, what…1 time? Oh good sir, you make me laugh…and stare disapprovingly at that kind of nonsense thinking of yours at the same time.

Attachments:

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

basically all that is left for thieves is p/d build…. rest is welcome to reroll warrior i guess

thanks anet

i wonder if i can get all the gold and laurels back i spent on ascended stuff :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

And that’s gonna be called OP soon.
Scratch that, there’s already been tons of complaints.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rahar.9872

Rahar.9872

Shadow Arts isn’t something you take in sPvP, but WvW, D/D or not. Mocking me doesn’t really work when you don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. I believe the PvP you’re referring to is WvW. If you took Shadow Arts in PvP, you couldn’t contest nodes and you’d be spending the majority of a battle in stealth to regen health. This puts your team at a massive disadvantage, essentially making it a 4v5.

A Thief build in sPvP with Shadow Arts is an attrition build.

S/P and D/P are both viable, at least from an sPvP standpoint. If you need 30 Shadow Arts to play, you need more practice.

(edited by Rahar.9872)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

10 % reduced damage for thieves in wvwvw is competly wrecking my D/D roaming spec. i rely on doing HIGH damage and running away, but when i do low damage and can run away im useless. Please im begging you do not implent ferocity for wvwvw, i belive in you. Rip thief, my gw2 life is just destroyed youre breaking my heart.

Thieves are now nerfed into oblivon for roaming too, we cant play the game anyoMORE! pull you self together anet. or start selling waffles on the street instead of making games. How are we thieves supposed to play now? and where? It was the ONLY thing thieves was good at. now im competly heartbroken.

you do know that other classes besides theif also run zerker in wvw and already do much lower damage then thief and are also see a damage hit? Its a general Nerf across the boards but since ferocity is a fixed number and not a percentile increase this also means it will be easier to do a damage pass on skills.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

you do know that other classes besides their also run zerker in wvw and already do much lower damage then thief and are also see a damage hit?

The cry is not so much about the reduced damage itself as…
Our (pretty much only) role in WvW is roaming, and most builds rely on bursting down the opponent. That’s getting hit, so our role as a roamer is getting hitting. Sure they mentioned something positive is coming. But so far, our one and pretty much only role in WvW got nerfed.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Profession Balance

Big Tower.5423

Shadow Arts isn’t something you take in sPvP, but WvW, D/D or not. Mocking me doesn’t really work when you don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. I believe the PvP you’re referring to is WvW. If you took Shadow Arts in PvP, you couldn’t contest nodes and you’d be spending the majority of a battle in stealth to regen health. This puts your team at a massive disadvantage, essentially making it a 4v5.

A Thief build in sPvP with Shadow Arts is an attrition build.

S/P and D/P are both viable, at least from an sPvP standpoint. If you need 30 Shadow Arts to play, you need more practice.

Spvp is not wvwvw. in wvwvw only D/D, p/D and D/P D/P and d/D is becoming useless. and i never play condi. so i suppose we’re wrecked :P

in Profession Balance

Karolis.4261

you do know that other classes besides theif also run zerker in wvw and already do much lower damage then thief and are also see a damage hit? Its a general Nerf across the boards but since ferocity is a fixed number and not a percentile increase this also means it will be easier to do a damage pass on skills.

Sry to break your bubble but most of other classes in zerk gear does more damage then thief while having better defenses and defensive cooldowns.

in Profession Balance

Big Tower.5423

Yes but we rely on bursting down our opponents, other does nos. we’re heavy reliant at killing fast. you know how a thief roams? he spits them away from erchoter so i he kill the one FAST enough before the other one notices, you wanna know what happens when you dont? the mate helps him..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

wow, overreacting much? 10% is nothing confusion got hit by 50% plus bb trait nerf plus the so called bug fix. that around 60% nerf for glam mes making it completely unon viable and also turned mesmer into roamers only or utilitybots in large group fights.
thats a nerf. 10%? big deal now instead of criting a light armor for 8-13k it will be less and u actually have to work for your kills. maybe try less glass and a little toughness if u are scarred.
also anet stated like mentioned above, that something positive is coming. maybe u will get some more utilities that help u in large scale fights. i hope mes and thief will get some love for their wvw large scale fights. so we can actually be more than just the gankers or veilbots.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

Big Tower.5423

wow, overreacting much? 10% is nothing confusion got hit by 50% plus bb trait nerf plus the so called bug fix. that around 60% nerf for glam mes making it completely unon viable and also turned mesmer into roamers only or utilitybots in large group fights.
thats a nerf. 10%? big deal now instead of criting a light armor for 8-13k it will be less and u actually have to work for your kills. maybe try less glass and a little toughness if u are scarred.
also anet stated like mentioned above, that something positive is coming. maybe u will get some more utilities that help u in large scale fights. i hope mes and thief will get some love for their wvw large scale fights. so we can actually be more than just the gankers or veilbots.

Turned mesmer into roamers and utlity bots? Well we thieves where only roamers and now we’re not gonna be that either effectivly = nothin. and you seems to have no idea on how thief works, a little less glass…. get some toughness… learn thief.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

So essentially you are saying all you can do is gank someone and then run away if you dont 1-2 hit them?

Sounds like you should work on playing better and stop complaining.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

Yea something positive is coming:
“Backstab will do 10% more dmg and now stabs your own back”
Or maybe another useless venom.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

maybe , there will be some other good things appear on 21th, they said they cannot talk yet about All changes but we will have to wait
instead, eat buffood with 10% crit dmg for a slightly compensation

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

in Profession Balance

Big Tower.5423

Playing better? HAHAHA…… you can essentialy kill and run away skilfully. ever seen yishis? compare that to the thieves in the other vid on the forum here of a guy owning some thieves. so yes you can play good with thief. and thief is heavly pigeonholded just that you know. you really need to learn how thief works kid….

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

maybe , there will be some other good things appear on 21th, they said they cannot talk yet about All changes but we will have to wait
instead, eat buffood with 10% crit dmg for a slightly compensation

yeah like hard to catch change from dec 10 that didn’t fix anything because trait is still kitten and nobody uses it

i honestly regret all the money and time i spent on getting full ascended armor set/trinkets and i certanly don’t wanna play p/d but it is all that is left :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Profession Balance

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Turned mesmer into roamers and utlity bots? Well we thieves where only roamers and now we’re not gonna be that either effectivly = nothin. and you seems to have no idea on how thief works, a little less glass…. get some toughness… learn thief.

i actually have a lvl 80 thief and yes it is much fun to crit people and burst them down. like i said, i would love to see some changes for the thief though for group play. u will probably still have the ganking role in wvw, but at least your victim has some time to react. but dont freak out yet. if on tuesday with all the changes to the runes and stats u feel still the same way, then lets discuss about how to improve other aspects of the thief.
there is lots of room for improvement.
my mes is getting hit too, but i see it not as bad as the de trait was sometimes annoying as it overrides phantasms. lets see what happens on tuesday.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Wow, looks like thief has a serious advantage there.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

@Rahar – Lol you don’t do much pvp or any sort either then i assume?

Spvp is not wvwvw. In wvwvw only D/D, p/D and D/P D/P and d/D is becoming useless. and i never play condi. so i suppose we’re wrecked :P

You attacked him for not playing PvP, which he responded to.
As for WvW: Sword thieves are also viable in WvW, and shortbow is good weapon too. D/D isn’t becoming useless with a minor 10% damage nerf. It’ll be harder but not useless.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Profession Balance

Samhayn.2385

Yes but we rely on bursting down our opponents, other does nos. we’re heavy reliant at killing fast. you know how a thief roams? he spits them away from erchoter so i he kill the one FAST enough before the other one notices, you wanna know what happens when you dont? the mate helps him..

yes I have a thief and a power next and a shatter mesmer and a boon bunker guard. I know how the classes play. I know how they work and you know what thief cam do just fine running sword and evasion or dire pistol/pistol even d/d will be ok in the end.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

Everyone is going to feel this nerf. That means you’ll still be doing far more damage when you run into someone as they will do to you. Your kill time may just extend to 4 seconds longer. Oh, the woes.

Please…

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

in Profession Balance

Big Tower.5423

Everyone is going to feel this nerf. That means you’ll still be doing far more damage when you run into someone as they will do to you. Your kill time may just extend to 4 seconds longer. Oh, the woes.

Please…

it isnt about that, i rely on killing as fast as possibole, and then dissapearing, when i dont kill fast enough i cant roam.

in Profession Balance

Big Tower.5423

@Rahar – Lol you don’t do much pvp or any sort either then i assume?

Spvp is not wvwvw. In wvwvw only D/D, p/D and D/P D/P and d/D is becoming useless. and i never play condi. so i suppose we’re wrecked :P

You attacked him for not playing PvP, which he responded to.
As for WvW: Sword thieves are also viable in WvW, and shortbow is good weapon too. D/D isn’t becoming useless with a minor 10% damage nerf. It’ll be harder but not useless.

“Sword thieves are also viable in wvvw” HELL NO of course they’re not

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Because they are rare, doesn’t mean they aren’t viable. I roam and zerg with my S/P setup.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

I would point you in the direction of a greatsword warrior, but he allready ran away.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in Profession Balance

Samhayn.2385

Please…

it isnt about that, i rely on killing as fast as possibole, and then dissapearing, when i dont kill fast enough i cant roam.

BS into HS spam will work just as well against bad players as it does now you should be fine.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

OP, what you don’t realize is that this is a buff to thieves, not a nerf.

The class that benefits from this change the most is the one who possesses only a small window of opportunity in which they can be killed.

That class is thief.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

The class that benefits from this change the most is the one who possesses only a small window of opportunity in which they can be killed.

That class is thief.

Yea the fights that are already incredibly hard to win (bunker engi/necro) just got 10% harder, yea… MASSSSSIVE buff……

in Profession Balance

Karolis.4261

That class is thief.

Oh I see what you mean there ! Thief can be killed only when hes out of stealth, so smart!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bacon.1835

Bacon.1835

Ha, made my day