[sPVP] Dealing with the 'Might' meta

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ray.3780

Ray.3780

Currently, it is possible to hit very similar Power/Precision/Ferocity ratios to a full power spec while having enough Condition Damage to put out unreasonably strong conditions, thanks to 25 stacks of Might.

I think the trouble since the patch in PVP is less that conditions alone are rampant, it’s that high hybrid damage is too easy to reach. Although, generally, on all the professions I’ve achieved this on, you do remain fairly weak to burst, boon removal/corruption, many professions are stumped against someone who can stomp them with high white damage while throwing out conditions which are almost as powerful as an unbuffed Condi-specced profession.

Might could be altered to give a ‘Celestial’ distribution of stats.

It’d translate into something like 10-15 to all offensive stats (Power,Precision,Ferocity,Condition Damage) per stack of Might if it were made Celestial, judging by the way the distribution is currently balanced. This would mean a maximum of 250-375 Power/Condition Damage, with the Precision and Ferocity bringing the Power damage close to what it was, while conditions remain at low, manageable numbers.

NOTE: I don’t particularly mind the current Power damage alone per se. I think that Might allowing Power specs to deal reasonably strong conditions needs to be toned down.

(edited by Ray.3780)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Your suggestion is broken all stats per stack of might means might then makes you take less damage, have higher hp, have higher crit chance, heal more, while still getting some power/and condition damage.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

^this^

your suggestion would be a huge buff to might.

the issue is that strength runes are just to powerful.
they greatly lengthen a boon that increases your damage and also increases your damage while you have that damage increasing boon,
it was obviously going to be the damage dealers rune of choice.

add that to the fact that sigil of strength now only has a 1 second cooldown and a 50% trigger chance, you can permanently keep up multiple stacks.

imho they could remove the “deal 7% more damage when you have might” and it would still be a viable dps contender.

in Profession Balance

Ray.3780

I don’t know if it would be overpowered if balanced correctly. Have you ever tried taking 600 power out of your build, and gaining 250 Prec/Fero instead? You would be horribly disappointed.

If you took defensive stats out of the equation, then, 250 Power/Prec/Fero/Condi wouldn’t be unreasonable at all. Perhaps they could introduce a different boon for the defensive stats.

I guess I included the defensive stats, because it’s always irked me that the support specs who run virtually no crit chance, have little reliance on conditions, which dole out the might get limited benefit from it. It’s basically just a cover-boon.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

For kitten’s sake why everytime community finds something good, that’s working well andeeffectively, a million people come hoarding to the forums to cry for a nerf…
Stop it. Everyone, stop trying to change the game over nonesense….

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

might and strength runes are fine.

introduce more methods to remove boons instead.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

For kitten’s sake why everytime community finds something good, that’s working well andeeffectively, a million people come hoarding to the forums to cry for a nerf…

mostly because it put warriors over the top (again) despite more nerfs to them last patch

to the guy below me:
that’s funny coming from the guy who defends his claim by saying he got destroyed by a decent team while he was running triple warrior. it’s like you didn’t even watch ToL. oh and I have to admit the link in your signature is hilarious. maybe you should get good at the game before you just say Im wrong when clearly I know more of the balance of this game than you do.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

(edited by Darek.1836)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

mostly because it put warriors over the top (again) despite more nerfs to them last patch

nope. warrior hates please stop blaming warriors.
warriors are not over the top.
please get your facts right.

by the way, the boon is called “might” for a good reason, it makes you mightier, doing more raw damage and condition damage is working as intended.

boon removals, use them.
otherwise don’t complain.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Abimes.9726

Abimes.9726

Deimos is right Warrior with soldier gear doing 9k damage on Evicerate in TOL and wining 1v2 sizer and rom with 19 stacks of might … it have to remain like it is …. actually it should have the permanent 25stack just with the runes and be able to bring Fire/air sigils without needing any strength sigil … He should have à up time on his zerkerstance seriously … 8 sec conditions immunity it should last 12 cause he can’t kill conditions based classe before it ends , Condies are so OP … that’s why they where not played in TOL cause to strong … Next patch every class have à 100% damage débuff when they face our poor warriors, which are so weak with this meta….

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Abimes.9726

Abimes.9726

Double post : i really wonder if some ppl are playing the same game …

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Balance-Competitive-GW2/first#post3995121

(edited by Abimes.9726)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

Of course they should be fixed, it’s silly how people can be so ok with one rune set being so dominant.

in Profession Balance

Ray.3780

@SrebX : I’m not really crying for a nerf, I use the runes myself, so I would be as affected as anyone else if they were nerfed.

@Deimos Tel Arin : I think it’s sad to see almost entire teams running one rune, when we’re supposed to have so many to choose from. Isn’t it pathetic, when we just came out of a huge rune re-balance, and everyone is clamoring to a single rune?

Boon removal, you say. I agree, but ArenaNet’s idea is to keep boon removal/hate to limited classes, and I don’t see that changing. No native access = limited to 1 boon removed on crit, per 10 seconds – pathetic.

I would love to see something like ‘Revealed’ removing a particular boon leaves behind a debuff preventing that boon being reapplied for five to ten seconds. Instead of this mindless boonstacking until you reach 25

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

This whole might thing really doesn’t get much traction. I think most people are fine with the current setup or at least looking to the available counters in game first before they hit DEFCON 1 and come to the forums.

I think there might be some people that have a problem with the might stacking and/or strength runes but usually this kind topic disappears from the first page within a few days. Good luck though.

{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

How is the popularity of Rune of Strength any different from Rune of Melandru? Or the old Rune of Lyssa?

If there is a good rune, people will use it. Simple as that. If you don’t want everyone to run the same rune, you have to make them all equally good (or equally bad), which is much harder to do. Or you could just make all runes have mechanics that are mostly useless outside of specific professions.

As for your suggestion to change it to a Celestial with 10-15 to all stats:

• That would mean 250-375 Ferocity, which means 16-25% crit damage
  • That would mean 250-375 Vitality, which means 2500-3750 Health
  • That would mean 250-375 Toughness, which is about the difference between Light and Heavy Armor

That… would be much worse than what we have right now.

If they are going to adjust Rune of Strength, it’ll be adjusting the cooldown on the 4 rune effect and reducing the damage boost for 6 runes.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Profession Balance

Ray.3780

@Olba : Runes should supplement a particular spec and fill in gaps, imo. Melandru and Lyssa were/are used by select professions, e.g. Thief, with a low CD elite, a low CD heal too. It fit their build, and supplemented them with condi removal, something they lack. No one ‘lacks’ +30-50% damage, but they’ll take it if they can access it. It’s one of the few runes that just provides a truckload of raw damage, and it’s so much, that people are happy to ignore utility.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MercilessLemurs.7459

MercilessLemurs.7459

30 to 50% damage? Umm, that isn’t what those runes do @@

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

@Olba : Runes should supplement a particular spec and fill in gaps, imo. Melandru and Lyssa were/are used by select professions, e.g. Thief, with a low CD elite, a low CD heal too. It fit their build, and supplemented them with condi removal, something they lack. No one ‘lacks’ +30-50% damage, but they’ll take it if they can access it. It’s one of the few runes that just provides a truckload of raw damage, and it’s so much, that people are happy to ignore utility.

So, the option that Rune of Strength would allow a bunker to deal more damage is somehow… not valid?

30 to 50% damage? Umm, that isn’t what those runes do @@

Setup 1: Berserker Amulet, non-Power runes, 15 stacks of Might
Setup 2: Berserker Amulet, Rune of Strength, 25 stacks of Might
Gain: 30%.

Of course, if you add sigils with +power or +Power from traits (not the +damage% variety), the gains go down significantly. But yeah, 50% isn’t happening, unless you’re going from a very defensive setup with very little Might to somehow getting 25 stacks of Might in a glass cannon setup.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

I’d be all for extra boon removal, but then re-balance boon dependent classes to match up in stats with the rest, otherwise it’s gonna get way out of hand.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

@SrebX : I’m not really crying for a nerf, I use the runes myself, so I would be as affected as anyone else if they were nerfed.

@Deimos Tel Arin : I think it’s sad to see almost entire teams running one rune, when we’re supposed to have so many to choose from. Isn’t it pathetic, when we just came out of a huge rune re-balance, and everyone is clamoring to a single rune?

Boon removal, you say. I agree, but ArenaNet’s idea is to keep boon removal/hate to limited classes, and I don’t see that changing. No native access = limited to 1 boon removed on crit, per 10 seconds – pathetic.

I would love to see something like ‘Revealed’ removing a particular boon leaves behind a debuff preventing that boon being reapplied for five to ten seconds. Instead of this mindless boonstacking until you reach 25

As far as people clamoring to a single rune – hasn’t this always been the case?
Haven’t people always used what was considered best with the meta?

As pointed out by Olba – we had this situation before – we had Lyssa and Melandru runes.

The never ending cycle of " this rune is the best rune and all are using it" won’t stop because you want to nerf the strength runes.
People will migrate to the next best in line rune and then we’ll have topics about nerfing that.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Might and Runes of Strength are both fine as is. they are the only thing keeping power relevant and are counterable. Without them, there would be little reason not to just reroll condi (although I still say certain condi specs are stronger than most power builds). Might can be stripped and stolen, conditions can be cleansed but are also much easier to apply, especially with the sigil and rune changes. Condis also scale off of just one stat and ignore armor.

There will probably always be a dominate rune set for a particular play style so nerfing it accomplishes nothing.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

There’s a simple sounding solution to this might problem, that is actually quite complicated.

The priority of the boon for removal needs to scale with the amount of stacks and duration.

For example, when might gets up towards 12 stacks that are lasting for 15 seconds. I’d rather remove might from an ele than their protection that lasts for 7 seconds. When it gets up towards 20 stacks with a 15+ second duration, I’d rather pull down those might stacks than 8 seconds of stability.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

There’s a simple sounding solution to this might problem, that is actually quite complicated.

The priority of the boon for removal needs to scale with the amount of stacks and duration.

For example, when might gets up towards 12 stacks that are lasting for 15 seconds. I’d rather remove might from an ele than their protection that lasts for 7 seconds. When it gets up towards 20 stacks with a 15+ second duration, I’d rather pull down those might stacks than 8 seconds of stability.

I was talking to my guild mate and he says that it seems certain skills do function that way I believe Arcane Thievery does as we where talking about this topic last night. I’ll ask him and we will test it later in the mist. He said it could be possible sigil of nullification functions this way. I was messing around on my guardian with the Searing flames trait fighting a Strength rune ele in a duel and by the end of the fight he had no boons left but I didn’t pay attention to the priority.

Edit: The skill he was referring to was mindstab on mesmer GS.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Like someone stated above the big problem is that not every class has the ability to deal with boon stacking. If traited for it or using the right utilities necros, mesmers, guards and thieves can get some decent boon strips-steals-corrupts.

I think the 6th bonus needs to be tuned down a bit or add another requirement like 7% damage when under the effect of at least 10 stacks of might. As it is now even a class totally dedicated to stripping boons cannot stop someone from running around with at least a few stacks of might. Scholar runes are technically a higher dps rune than strength but nobody complains about them because you have a reasonable way to remove their 6th bonus.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: IchigoHatake.5098

IchigoHatake.5098

nope. warrior hates please stop blaming warriors.
warriors are not over the top.
please get your facts right.

by the way, the boon is called “might” for a good reason, it makes you mightier, doing more raw damage and condition damage is working as intended.

boon removals, use them.
otherwise don’t complain.

HOW THE KITTEN DO SOME PROFESSIONS HAVE BOON REMOVAL? YOU NEED TO GET YOUR KITTEN FACTS STRAIGHT. sorry for caps :P Anyways, the reason warriors benefit the most from this meta is using longbow and signet, this always makes you have at least 10 stacks of might, that’s pretty strong considering you have lots of condi removal (cleansing ire), condi immunity, dmg reduction/immunity, energy regen signet, stability, healing signet, high dmg. <—————— don’t deny this, you guys have all of these stuff.

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Is there just a little to much value being put into strength’s modifier?

I been reading around the forums people are putting on a sigil of strength to get guaranteed might so they have the modifier, changing from dps focused foods to might on dodge. This makes no sense when you should take something like sigil of force or air as long as you can produce 1 stack of might on your own unless your getting good mileage out of that condition damage. Seems like some strange choices people are doing. Trying to build around the modifier and the rune instead of just building like they normally would and adding the rune to get more damage.

The food is a WvW thing but sigils applies to s/tPvP if your running strength runes you really shouldn’t be giving up damage modifiers like force so you can get some might so you take a strength sigil instead.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

And didnt we just go through a massive rune/sigil rebalance, that has cost many players a ton of gold and a lot of headache, has nerfed or broken various builds, exactly because they wanted to shake up gear upgrades?

If all we end up with is the same old thing, then what was the point?

in Profession Balance

Swim.6830

I been reading around the forums people are putting on a sigil of strength to get guaranteed might so they have the modifier, changing from dps focused foods to might on dodge. This makes no sense when you should take something like sigil of force or air as long as you can produce 1 stack of might on your own unless your getting good mileage out of that condition damage. Seems like some strange choices people are doing. Trying to build around the modifier and the rune instead of just building like they normally would and adding the rune to get more damage.

The food is a WvW thing but sigils applies to s/tPvP if your running strength runes you really shouldn’t be giving up damage modifiers like force so you can get some might so you take a strength sigil instead.

While I am not personally building around the runes, not everyone can crit reliably for the air. And depending on the build – 9 stacks of might is better than 5% extra damage for instance.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

While I am not personally building around the runes, not everyone can crit reliably for the air. And depending on the build – 9 stacks of might is better than 5% extra damage for instance.

Of course I totally agree but that’s if you are getting the might stacks naturally. If your going with battle for instance it will take you 3 weapon swaps for battle to give you 9 stacks of might. If you don’t have the crit chance to hit air reliably then you probably don’t have it to hit strength sigil reliably either so the sigil of force is probably better.

And didnt we just go through a massive rune/sigil rebalance, that has cost many players a ton of gold and a lot of headache, has nerfed or broken various builds, exactly because they wanted to shake up gear upgrades?

That sounds so easy but I haven’t seen a single thread with a full rune suggestion or someone that just takes power runes or precision runes to make them better instead it’s nerf strength runes.

You are always going to have the best and that will change over time. GW2 theorycrafting is so fleshed out that you can see 1 second after the patch hit read the notes and see strength was a good dps rune set. The question is how much more dps does it provide over the alternatives which also hasn’t been fleshed out in PvP which is also hard to do. In PvE we know it’s scholar but that assumes things like 25 stacks of might perma fury etc….. So all that really matters is the modifier, in PvP I haven’t seen much on dps difference with realistic might compared to the next dps rune contender.

Rune of strength doesn’t make you automatically win vs someone running ogre this isn’t PvE so I don’t know why people assume they are running around with 25 stacks of might, perma fury full zerk with all the modifiers they can squeeze in their builds.

Just thinking about a standard build for sPvP a Thief is going to use strength runes differently then a ele or warrior will and they will get different benefits they will also get different damage. A 2/6/0/0/6 S/D thief is doing more damage then a 0/0/2/6/6 Ele but the ele is getting some condi damage with that where the thief is getting direct damage and has more modifiers in that build then the Ele. Same rune but how damage is delivered and how much is different. It’s about the builds and not the Runes if the ele and the thief both had on rune of the water it would be the same thing.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Terrahero.9358

That sounds so easy but I haven’t seen a single thread with a full rune suggestion or someone that just takes power runes or precision runes to make them better instead it’s nerf strength runes.

I did suggest that we possibly buff other runes, anything so people actually have to make a choice.
Im just getting sick of this “ow, but it was like this before aswell”-argument when we just had big changes to runes and sigils to try and break with “how it was before”.

If we’re just going down the same route again, then all this patch did was make a lot of people waste a ton of gold to re-upgrade their characters. I’m down 120g myself.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

You can never shake up gear upgrades and this patch proved it.

Pre-patch a few rune sets were dominant with most others being thrown aside.
Post-patch a few other rune sets are dominant with most others being thrown aside.

Post-future patches the same situation will happen.

Why? Because people can do math – and unless you make all rune sets the same ( equally good or bad) variety in rune sets will always lead to variety in effectiveness.

Once people calculate which of the numerous rune sets gives most effectiveness people will just use that and not bother with the rest.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

I am going to upload a video shortly of Me vs a Strength rune ele using only the guardians Searing Flame trait and show how good just 1 trait/sigil can be against a might stacker.

I advocated people just putting on a sigil of nullification for a while to counter but they say its to easy. Nothing beats a might stacking ele for stacking effectiveness this one trait is about equivalent to 1 sigil of nullification and any class can do this.

I may just make another thread so it will get attention. I have very little hours on my Guard and the ele is also very good but the only thing that needs to be looked at is might stacks.

{Thief}

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Video is done a standard D/D ele should get 10-12 just playing normal. With strength runes you usually see 16-22. Ele hovered around 10 might stacks hit 16 at 1 point but was stripped quickly. Ele hit 20 stacks of might by the end of the fight only after I popped Virtue of justice.

A guardian is by no means known as a boon stripper and this is just 1 trait with a 10 sec ICD so it is very comparable to a sigil of nullification.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

I sorta like this might meta. I’m thinking that it potentially might end up seeing more use of mesmers in the future, as mesmers are the one class that can easily rip apart might stacking from every person in every fight. Whether through boon strip on shatter, null field, pDisenchanter, or some combination of the above, mesmers are able to effectively neuter might stacking.

The reason this stacking is so effective right now is that very few of the meta builds have any strong access to boon stripping. I think this is going to change.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

If only condition transfer and boon corruption wasn’t bugged on necromancer.
If only corrupt boon did what it was described to do.
If only the non Dhuumfire nerfs that came with the trait to necromancer where reverted.
If only staff #4 was really the best skill in game and worked as it was intended to work before the QQ ,THANKS DHUUMFIRE!
If only there were other professions that had to turn around to cast skills without LoS on their opponents.
If only the bugs created and already exciting before this last patch were to be fixed.
if only the stun/immob bug that immobilized/stunned players permanently was fixed

one can only hope.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Why are high might stacks happening? A combination of battle sigils and strength runes.

I would say, put an ICD of 9 secs on the sigils and nerf the bonus under might from 7 to 4% and see how it goes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

^this^

your suggestion would be a huge buff to might.

the issue is that strength runes are just to powerful.
they greatly lengthen a boon that increases your damage and also increases your damage while you have that damage increasing boon,
it was obviously going to be the damage dealers rune of choice.

add that to the fact that sigil of strength now only has a 1 second cooldown and a 50% trigger chance, you can permanently keep up multiple stacks.

imho they could remove the “deal 7% more damage when you have might” and it would still be a viable dps contender.

Actually just take out one of the TWO tier 4 bonus Strength Runes get and they’d just be a differently flavored Rune of Hoebrak (+7% damage while Might active instead of -20% cond duration). They are over budget, and of course, thus popular.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bacon.4918

Bacon.4918

Strength runes are way too strong right now. I’d like to see it reverted back to 5% damage with might to start and see if that made a difference. Maybe get rid of the % damage increase altogether.

And for those saying power is weak in comparison to conditions did you even see the ToL? Power is greater than conditions in organized play no question.

Highest soloQ rank – #2

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Strength runes are way too strong right now. I’d like to see it reverted back to 5% damage with might to start and see if that made a difference. Maybe get rid of the % damage increase altogether.

And for those saying power is weak in comparison to conditions did you even see the ToL? Power is greater than conditions in organized play no question.

I’d like to see some good solid numbers for these suggestions instead of random decreases and increases.

You suggestion for example sound like to me you “think” 2% damage difference is the problem but is that really what your saying. It can’t be because then you say maybe reduce the damage by 7%. That is just so random and really just pulling straws out of a hat or shooting in dark blind folded. It’s just guessing.

What really needs to be done is determine the dps difference between strength runes using popular spvp builds and another set of runes like eagle or pack. I think strength runes are fine personally, but if your going to make a suggestion to alter the runes at least don’t just guess.

All the threads I have seen post patch for popular PvE builds show that the difference between Strength and Eagle/Ogre isn’t that far off at about 2% damage difference. Usually the test is 25 stacks of might and perma fury.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I think the biggest problem with Runes of Strength is twofold:

1. The Runes are over budget. There really isn’t a good debate against this, as all of the other Might duration runes give less total benefit; either less Might duration (every other rune than aristocracy) or give fewer benefits (aristocracy, as it’s only 4 rune bonus is might duration).

2. The “conditional damage bonus” is kept up nearly 100% of the time by the runes themselves. This is probably the biggest complaint. All of the other “conditional damage bonus” from runes involve some actual effort to maintain. Runes of Strength literally do it for you.

Simply removing the 4 rune bonus might proc would solve both of these issues. The runes would still be really strong on might stacking builds (Might stacking guardians, eles, warriors, HGH engies, Reaper’s Might necros, etc.), but they would no longer be over budget or self-fulfilling.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Swim.6830

I think the biggest problem with Runes of Strength is twofold:

1. The Runes are over budget. There really isn’t a good debate against this, as all of the other Might duration runes give less total benefit; either less Might duration (every other rune than aristocracy) or give fewer benefits (aristocracy, as it’s only 4 rune bonus is might duration).

2. The “conditional damage bonus” is kept up nearly 100% of the time by the runes themselves. This is probably the biggest complaint. All of the other “conditional damage bonus” from runes involve some actual effort to maintain. Runes of Strength literally do it for you.

Simply removing the 4 rune bonus might proc would solve both of these issues. The runes would still be really strong on might stacking builds (Might stacking guardians, eles, warriors, HGH engies, Reaper’s Might necros, etc.), but they would no longer be over budget or self-fulfilling.

Most sensible idea I think, though we can’t simply remove a bonus, it probably has to be changed.

I bet if it was changed to “25% chance to rip opponents might on hit – 20-30 sec cooldown” would make for some interesting gameplay.

A serious suggestion though would be just a solid stat like rune of the pack – toughness, condition damage, precision what have you…

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

That would still leave problem #1. Unfortunately, removing one of the two #4 bonuses is really the only way to solve the issue of them being over-budget.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Terrahero.9358

If something is overbudget you have two choices, nerf it or buff everything else.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bacon.4918

Bacon.4918

Strength runes are way too strong right now. I’d like to see it reverted back to 5% damage with might to start and see if that made a difference.

I’d like to see some good solid numbers for these suggestions instead of random decreases and increases.

You suggestion for example sound like to me you “think” 2% damage difference is the problem but is that really what your saying. That is just so random and really just pulling straws out of a hat or shooting in dark blind folded. It’s just guessing.

All the threads I have seen post patch for popular PvE builds show that the difference between Strength and Eagle/Ogre isn’t that far off at about 2% damage difference. Usually the test is 25 stacks of might and perma fury.

Yes, I must just be really good at guessing then…

Also, Elementalist defending strength runes!? Shocking I know… Although good fights is known to take advantage of exploits as seen in the ToL so I’m not surprised.

Highest soloQ rank – #2

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Strength runes are way too strong right now. I’d like to see it reverted back to 5% damage with might to start and see if that made a difference.

You suggestion for example sound like to me you “think” 2% damage difference is the problem but is that really what your saying. That is just so random and really just pulling straws out of a hat or shooting in dark blind folded. It’s just guessing.

Yes, I must just be really good at guessing then…

Also, Elementalist defending strength runes!? Shocking I know… Although good fights is known to take advantage of exploits as seen in the ToL so I’m not surprised.

Hmmm implying strength runes are a exploit lolz nice comeback. So everyone that uses strength runes is exploiting in your opinion? (this should go well)

Anyway me maining elementalist has nothing to do with what I said your just guessing with nothing to back it up. The only good suggestion for the runes so far is a change to the 4th piece to remove either one. The over budget argument is a good one that I haven’t refuted. Just throwing random numbers around based off the feelz is dumb. There is no way you can count if you think -2% and -7% is the same thing.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Boon strip, block, blind, cc, or dodge. Those are the options.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

(edited by Assassin X.8573)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Also known as mesmers. The methods already exist, they just aren’t utilized.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Also known as mesmers. The methods already exist, they just aren’t utilized.

in Profession Balance

Ray.3780

@Euran/Pyro : Anti-boon utilities do exist, I think my favorite one in the game at this time is Dark Path boosted by Path of Corruption. Others which take up utility slots are less favoured by many, because others offer better generic utility, and that’s a shame.

I think the effects need some rework.

(edited by Ray.3780)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

@Euran/Pyro : Anti-boon utilities do exist, I think my favorite one in the game at this time is Dark Path boosted by Path of Corruption. Others which take up utility slots are less favoured by many, because others offer better generic utility, and that’s a shame.

I think the effects need some rework.

Isn’t that the idea of a meta? To not have generalized builds on top?
A lot of players are using might, so abilities that specialize against against might become more useful. Eventually more people will be taking these and the meta will shift to whatever weakness these antiboon builds have.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter