[sPvP] Feature Patch Unbalanced Builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Ranger – Pets hitting extremely hard, felines hitting 8k+ with their basic attacks. Even supportive pets or tanky ones have been reported to hit high as well. I got hit by an owl that landed 7k, it does more damage than a zerker Backstab thief.

Mesmer – Having insane damage while keeping a good defense. Claims of Phantasms and shatters hitting extremely hard without a need for a glass setup.

Warrior – With the Krait Runes the condition damage and number of conditions inflicted can be overwhelming on condition Warriors.

Elementalist – Having superb damage with defense. The newly buffed Celestials stats allow D/D Elementalists to be a jack of all trades. (I main a D/D Elementalist but the amount of face rolling I do is ridiculous, a lot of builds don’t even come close to standing a chance.)

*More to be added

A list of builds to be looked at after the Feature Patch.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

You forgot the condi bursts on engie and necro, but especially the engie. Between a single crit + swap, they can output 7 condis at one time. Its like signet of spite, but with no cast time.

Also, there is apparently some bug that birds can 1-shot people. I have heard of 22k crits from ravens. lol.

in Profession Balance

Nova Stiker.8396

You forgot the condi bursts on engie and necro, but especially the engie. Between a single crit + swap, they can output 7 condis at one time. Its like signet of spite, but with no cast time.

Also, there is apparently some bug that birds can 1-shot people. I have heard of 22k crits from ravens. lol.

I’ve fought plenty of condition Necromancers and Engineers, yet my Elementalist had no issues fighting them.

I’ll need more claims of Necromancers and Engineers wrecking with conditions.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

It’s 1 day the question is team comp is the ele truly viable now? Is the Mesmer truly viable now? Part of what your seeing is people trying new builds against new builds. Nothing has settled yet.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neurophen.9738

Neurophen.9738

OP please provide links to these claims. I can well belive there are imbalanced builds but I’d like to see some evidence which could be presented to the devs if something truly is out if wack. Currently this feedback is pure hearsay.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

It’s day 1, many people are trying out new builds both PvP players and PvE players. If you check their PvP ranks most of the players in PvP today were below 20, at least in my case.

Only thing I really find ridiculous is the new Runes of Balthazar.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Even supportive pets or tanky ones have been reported to hit high as well. I got hit by an owl that landed 7k, it does more damage than a zerker Backstab thief.

more damage than a thief – works as intended

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Hmm pets didnt receive a dps boost that I know of…

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

lol @ Necro condi burst after this patch

You tried fighting a condi warrior? 20 bleeds is burst.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Ranger – Pets hitting extremely hard, felines hitting 8k+ with their basic attacks. Even supportive pets or tanky ones have been reported to hit high as well. I got hit by an owl that landed 7k, it does more damage than a zerker Backstab thief.

Apparently, that’s a bug.

Mesmer – Having insane damage while keeping a good defense. Claims of Phantasms and shatters hitting extremely hard without a need for a glass setup.

How is that related in any way to the patch?

Warrior – With the Krait Runes the condition damage and number of conditions inflicted can be overwhelming on condition Warriors.

What you mean is that the condition damage is unchanged, only the number of conditions has changed. Impale is now easier to cleanse so I doubt that.

7 conditions with crit + swap on an engineer? Please explain, I would love to see that happen

in Profession Balance

BlackBeard.2873

7 conditions with crit + swap on an engineer? Please explain, I would love to see that happen

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vcAQJAqelUUpPrlYx+KseRiMqQnBqAgJSR+ZZfeQfsFEC-ToAAzCpIkRJjTGjMSZsyM6YCC

Static shot—>swap = 7 condis
Poison (rune)
Chill (rune)
Vuln (from crit/trait)
bleed (from crit/trait)
Burn (IP)
Confusion (static)
Blind (static)

Also, target is now chilled, which means they are probably dead meat to the inc. continued condi-bursts, and the poison means even healing won’t do much.

You might “only” get 5 or 6, but 7 isn’t hard.

Also: any bomb/nade will give you 6 with a crit (from bleed trait), or at least 5 with guaranteed vuln proc. on explosions.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vcAQJAqelUUpPrlYx+KseRiMqQnBqAgJSR+ZZfeQfsFEC-ToAAzCpIkRJjTGjMSZsyM6YCC

Poison (rune)
Chill (rune)
Vuln (from crit)
bleed (from crit)
Burn (IP)
Confusion (static)
Blind (static)

Also, target is now chilled, which means they are probably dead meat, and the poison means even healing won’t do much.

What? Come on BB man seriously. What you gave is a ideal scenario not the norm people really take precise sights?

The engineer forums calls that one of the worse traits ever it’s not like it’s new. I know it’s a cover condi I get why you would think about taking it but I don’t know of anyone that takes it.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Just want to point out that to get cats + birds to hit above 5k on any given build, you need signed of the hunt or a greatsword and signet of the wild.

The cooldowns for these signets is 24(30) for SotH and 48(60) for SotW respectively.

These pets cannot, under any circumstances, hit that hard without fully investing into BM and a minor in Skirmishing (8 trait points out of 14 are needed to get that damage), in which case, working as intended. It’s the whole point of that traitline.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Profession Balance

BlackBeard.2873

What? Come on BB man seriously. What you gave is a ideal scenario not the norm people really take precise sights?

The engineer forums calls that one of the worse traits ever it’s not like it’s new. I know it’s a cover condi I get why you would think about taking it but I don’t know of anyone that takes it.

Yea, many choose 15 in tools b/c its so strong, but even w/o that trait, you still get 6 very easily. The basic point was the amount of condis you can burst out now in such a short time can easily snowball any fight right from the start. If you land all those condis (which is really only 1 attack and instant swap), esp the chill and follow it up with chill nades, the fight very well could be over as your burns are gonna keep ticking forever. Follow that up with some of your confusion/immobs/blind-fields and melee fights end quickly.

This spread wasn’t as possible previously w/o the sigil options. Now condi bursts can be devastating, meaning the fight is essentially over even though you aren’t really dead for another 4 or 5s.

Thank goodness these monsters don’t have perplexity at least.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

“The newly buffed Celestial stats”.

Oh.
My.
Heavens.

Someone actually uttered that phrase? All I see is “Hybrid builds destroyed”, “Zerk builds destroyed”, “Ferocity made my parents divorce”, but the most hybrid of hybrid stat sets that everyone was clamoring would be brokenly underpowered are now claimed to be overpowered for an Elementalist?

Please confirm. Once confirmed, I’m going to promptly die laughing. Preparing to RIP in peace.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

Oh.
My.
Heavens.

Someone actually uttered that phrase? All I see is “Hybrid builds destroyed”, “Zerk builds destroyed”, “Ferocity made my parents divorce”, but the most hybrid of hybrid stat sets that everyone was clamoring would be brokenly underpowered are now claimed to be overpowered for an Elementalist?

Please confirm. Once confirmed, I’m going to promptly die laughing. Preparing to RIP in peace.

He is talking about sPvP, obviously. You should start reading patch notes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Oh.
My.
Heavens.

Yeah the new Cele ammy is nice on an ele

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

Poison (rune)
Chill (rune)
Vuln (from crit/trait)
bleed (from crit/trait)
Burn (IP)
Confusion (static)
Blind (static)

Also, target is now chilled, which means they are probably dead meat to the inc. continued condi-bursts, and the poison means even healing won’t do much.

You might “only” get 5 or 6, but 7 isn’t hard.

Also: any bomb/nade will give you 6 with a crit (from bleed trait), or at least 5 with guaranteed vuln proc. on explosions.

Personally I never use Doom if I have Grenades, there is no point. Grenades + Poison Volley are enough. I’m pretty sure most engineer will run Battle/ Geomancy/ Energy + Generosity. That settles it for sigils.

If you have grenades, Sharpnel is far better than Exploit Weakness.

Precise Sights is teribad when you could get the CD reduction on pistol or better yet : protection injection. No one ever runs that trait.

All in all, we have left :

Confusion (from static shock)
Blind (to be removed with one AA, won’t last long anyway)
Burn (the only thing that is QQ worthy with Rune of Balthazar)
Bleed (if you have sigils of geomancy, otherwise you won’t put many)
Vulnerability (if you land grenades)

Not all of it is done in one swap and you chose bad traits. You should QQ about classes you know a bit better.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Oh.
My.
Heavens.

Ha! Forgot they’d messed up the sPvP Cele amulet before this patch. I’m curious what the ratio of sPvP Cele stats is to what you can get on other ammies in PvP and compare it against what you can get out in WvW, but that’s for another thread.

And even so, hybrid stats surviving/thriving anywhere in the game is a delight to hear about.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Yea, many choose 15 in tools b/c its so strong,

This is what is known as a poster taking an extremely uninformed opinion, and them trying to tell the world his word is fact.

The best part is you link your so called “god mode” build and do not even have the trait in the build.

The most entertaining term I love that you use is “burst Conditions”. Which by definition is an oxymoron. Whats worse, is that “bursting” conditions is just shooting yourself in the foot. If someone spams all their cool downs on condition Skills, what does the intelligent player do? That’s right, pops a cleanses. This now neuters the condition "burster"s damage to nil until all the cool downs reset.

Logically, if your losing to a player who spams his condition skills and blows his cool downs, your either building poorly because you have nothing to cleanse it with, or your playing poorly because your not cleansing it. Which is the case with you my friend?

in Profession Balance

Nova Stiker.8396

The Celestial Amulet is a bit much on the Elementalist, makes up for a little loss of power to the Soldiers Amulet with a drastic condition damage boost (Churning Earth deals 4k damage over 8 seconds, even more when I get 25 stacks of might)

When it comes to other specs, it simply offers more defense compared to Soldiers.

When with Soldier Amulet my Elementalist was STILL wrecking face, shrugging off damage like it was nothing while hitting extremely hard.

As for Mesmers, I don’t know what is floating around but I’ve been seeing them hit like trucks even more so than the Elementalist and yet they remain pretty tanky. I’ve blown up glass Mesmers before and well aware of their damage output, something isn’t right when they hit my Warrior buddy, who has 3,000 toughness, by a 6k Phantasm Berserker.

Condition Warriors are more of an issue now, they don’t even need a lot of stacks as they apply a constant rampage of bleeding, poison and torment, absolutely shredding any tanky build.
I don’t mind them being good against bunkers but I draw the line of them bursting so quickly with conditions.

As I stated before, Engineers and Necromancers aren’t really an issue. Despite being able to apply so many different conditions, my Elementalist has yet be melted by them with an Auramancer build, compared to BM Rangers, Condi Warriors and a unknown Mesmer build.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Oh.
My.
Heavens.

Ha! Forgot they’d messed up the sPvP Cele amulet before this patch. I’m curious what the ratio of sPvP Cele stats is to what you can get on other ammies in PvP and compare it against what you can get out in WvW, but that’s for another thread.

And even so, hybrid stats surviving/thriving anywhere in the game is a delight to hear about.

from what i saw in another thread the Cele amulet has about 1k more stats than other pvp amulets, not sure if its true because i havent counted myself. But they did increase the Cele amulet in pvp because it was lacking and you can tell the difference. Not sure how it compares outside of PVP

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Pls at the guardian hammer of wisdom to the list… it hits me (warrior) for almost 8k with a smash attack!! watte is wrong with that skill?

here

Attachments:

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Sounds like pets are bugged.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cognitive Genome.5483

Cognitive Genome.5483

If pets are bugged, it makes a whole lot of sense to me. I was getting bursted down almost instantly on my warrior with 2400 toughness, and it wasn’t giant condition spikes that did it. Probably were the mesmers I was fighting.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

You didn’t list engineer man.