why condition damage is broken..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: fastdriver.6948

fastdriver.6948

As a player i dont like the condition meta so i decided to go for a tanky (p/t/v) warrior build with heavy condition removal.Well as expected i do 0 damage and i am ok with that since i am a tank/control.The problem is that someone with condition damage gear (coe armor) has the same armor/vitality with me but he is doing A LOT of damage he just have to kite and stack conditions even if i cleanse them he can easly restack them.My point is that its far more rewarding to go for condition damage rather than power because conditions are easy to stack, hard to remove and doing decent damage over time.I was forced to buy coe armor and play a condition build and it was pretty easy to 1v1 but i dont like this playstyle…

(edited by fastdriver.6948)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Can you show me a bit of proof in the form of a video of your damage and your build? It would be quite helpfull for these kind of discussions.

Also you’re complaining that a player that goes for a damage-bunker style is doing more damage than control-bunker style? This is what I got from your post.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

So what you’re basicly saying is that your XvX full PVT build that can survive walking through zergs cant handle 1v1 vs someone that build for 1v1 and specifically counter full PVT builds?

How odd…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

Also you’re complaining that a player that goes for a damage-bunker style is doing more damage than control-bunker style? This is what I got from your post.

No. It’s making a point of the imbalance between power and condition damage. The former relies on three stats to be effective (power, precision, critical damage), whereas the latter only requires one (condition damage). Therefore the latter can build into defensive stats whilst maintaining the condition damage equivalent of a zerker power build.

Before you mention condition duration; it’s a completely optional stat that can be increased quite sufficiently through consumables already.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

and you are a warrior, tanky. Imagine those non tanky geared and specially rangers lol. When an necro or engineer apply all conditions to me which is like 1 skill anyway, they do so fast, is game over most of the time. I have to run and try to get those conditions from me anyhow (which rangers already lack how to) my HP goes down like 10% to 15% per stack, probably more.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Yes, everyone understands that condition has 1 stat (condition damage) and direct damage has 3 (power, precision, critical damage) – this has been the case forever.

This point has been made so many times.

There are pros and cons to each damage type.

Example: A thief (Backstab) or warrior (Eviscerate) when they can hit for 15K with one strike.

Example B: When a player is dodging you, your conditions applied prior to the dodge are still at work doing damage.

I use both damage types across a range of characters – i don’t have an issue with the way its set up… i run a Zerker Necro and a Condition Warrior, a DD Elementalist a Burning Guardian … etc etc

This is not even taking into account how condition damage is useless in high level PvE… that needs to be fixed.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

There is already a thread on this, detailing extensively how condition builds require three stats, that being condition damage, condition duration, and precision. Go read it instead of creating a completely new topic.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

No. It’s making a point of the imbalance between power and condition damage.

yet you said that your power build does control while the condition build does condition damage.

The former relies on three stats to be effective (power, precision, critical damage), whereas the latter only requires one (condition damage). Therefore the latter can build into defensive stats whilst maintaining the condition damage equivalent of a zerker power build.

Before you mention condition duration; it’s a completely optional stat that can be increased quite sufficiently through consumables already.

What about precision? It is a necessairy component to increase condition damage, it increase the amount of stacks that are created on the enemy. Also there exist -40% condition food as well, which balances it. Before you complain there exist many OP food not only condition food. Like “Omnomberry ghost” or “Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew”.

Also conditions even hitting like a zerker?? in dire gear??? Are you even serious? Condition damage is lower then zerker by default.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

Its like rock-paper-sissors, and with your build, you try to beat the paper with the rock

In other words, dont tank conditions, burst them down…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

Bad post and not true. If you’re going to try a make a point at least get your facts straight

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

PVT gear is alright for zerging but for 1v1 you need more DPS. PVT+zerk trinkets, or even full zerk with melandru runes + food, Cleansing Ire, zerker stance, endure pain, Doylak Signet (for a little added toughness and stun break/stab for emergencies) will easily kill any necro in WvW.

Will it is true that conditions tend to be very tanky, they have to be. Conditions take time to ramp up the damage unlike a burst build which will hit 10k in less than a second. It is a battle of attrition, you have to live long enough for you conditions to do their thing. necros are very weark vs hard CC. Bring a lot of stuns , knock downs, immobilize, warriors have an abundant supply of those.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

My suggestion:

1 – Precision also affects conditions. When a condition does critical, lasts 150% of normal time (of course, actual duration of all conditions need be toned down in 33%).
2 – Condition Duration now increase condition duration bonus on critical.

obs: condition need does critical independently of raw attack, then during a Sever Artery an warrior can do crit with both raw damage and bleed, or only raw dmg, or only bleed, or neither one.

The goal are put in line bunker condition spec like necros, engineers and even warriors. also does good balance between power and condition, if some body want do heavy condition damage need spend resources in precision, condition damage and condition duration.

(edited by JETWING.2759)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

My suggestion:

1 – Precision also affects conditions. When a condition does critical, lasts 150% of normal time (of course, actual duration of all conditions need be toned down in 33%).
2 – Condition Duration now increase condition duration bonus on critical.

The goal are put in line bunker condition spec like necros, engineers and even warriors. also does good balance between power and condition, if some body want do heavy condition damage need spend resources in precision, condition damage and condition duration.

if I understand this correctly, you suggest that condition duration would only affect the conditions applied through crit? I like the idea, I don’t think you would need to tone down regular condition duration either cause only getting the bonus on crits kind of balances it all out.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Problem with Condi:

1) Stacking
2) “Condi Burst”, they are damage over time, not damage up front…except in this game
3) Not enough smaller condi clear abilities, specifically on weapons
4) 1 stat to increase the damage, the rest can go into defense traits
5) Some classes have an insane amount of it on weapons, while others dont

Its a completely broken system

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Problem with Condi:

1) Stacking
2) “Condi Burst”, they are damage over time, not damage up front…except in this game

These cause problems in smaller scale fights (especially the ability to stat extremely defensively while retaining excellent DPS via conditions), but Anet thinks everything is fine because conditions are considered to be weak by large guild groups running a ton of group cleansing.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Profession Balance

Dynnen.6405

Problem with Condi:

1) Stacking

These cause problems in smaller scale fights (especially the ability to stat extremely defensively while retaining excellent DPS via conditions), but Anet thinks everything is fine because conditions are considered to be weak by large guild groups running a ton of group cleansing.

Dat large scale balancing hit Guards with a stealth nerf…kittening retal nerf =*(

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

The problem with condition damage is that there is no middle ground for balance. Either the condition class wipes the floor with you or you wipe the floor with them. My meditation guardian could do absolutely nothing against them in her old 10 25 30 5 0 (with two removals in smite condition and contemplatition of purity) build and I got so frustrated that I switched to the 10 5 30 5 20 build (since I already got desperate and adopted lyssa runes to my first build). All of a sudden your typical condition player can’t do anything to me because of the sheer amount of removals. This is not fun and I don’t know how some condition players can fight for this sort of binary balance.

There really needs to be a way to tune our condition resistance to our liking so that our reliance on straight up removals can be toned down. Condition damage is out of hand and if I don’t wish to see my characters absolutely melt, such ridiculous amounts of removals are necessary.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I think its not the conditions themselves that are the problem.

Necromancer – Too easy to burst conditions, too much access to conditions
Engineer- Too easy to burst conditions, too much access to conditions
Thief – too much access to conditions, spends too much time in stealth

Another problem is the fact that conditions are balanced around the condition and not around each class that uses it. Necromancer should be doing less damage per a condition but the threat coming from the number of conditions they have, the same could be said about Engineer as well plus Engineer can be WAY more bunkerable than Necromancer. Thief, well Stealth is the main issue they have.

Again, i dont think its the conditions themselves. It is the way Anet has decided to have each condition do X damage no matter what class its on and thus conditions are MUCH stronger on classes that can just continually spam and burst with them.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

Problem with Condi:

1) Stacking

1) yes stacking is a problem, especially the cap on every condition (but i doubt you are talking about that)
2) They do damage over time, they don’t deal 5k+ damage at once
3) How much cleans do you want? Nearly every class has ways to handle conditions, even more cleans will make condition duration even more useless, which leads to …
4) Conditions are effected by Condidamage, duration (which however is not an armor stat) and a bit by precision (apply on-crit effects). Because of the damage over time aspect you also need more defense then a direct damage class, because you have to survive longer, because the damage is building up. If there would be a zerker equivalent (condi damage, duration and precision) people would use it as well, but there isn’t such a stat combination available.
5) Every class has a condition build (except of guardians) there are weapons designed around conditions as well as some designed around direct damage.

And no it is not a broken system. The only thing that went wrong is the condition cap, that needs to go.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

As a player i dont like the condition meta so i decided to go for a tanky (p/t/v) warrior build with heavy condition removal.Well as expected i do 0 damage and i am ok with that since i am a tank/control.The problem is that someone with condition damage gear (coe armor) has the same armor/vitality with me but he is doing A LOT of damage he just have to kite and stack conditions even if i cleanse them he can easly restack them.My point is that its far more rewarding to go for condition damage rather than power because conditions are easy to stack, hard to remove and doing decent damage over time.I was forced to buy coe armor and play a condition build and it was pretty easy to 1v1 but i dont like this playstyle…

here’s a question for you, How much damage do you hit for on your auto swings?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Profession Balance

Dynnen.6405

Problem with Condi:

1) Stacking

1) yes stacking is a problem, especially the cap on every condition (but i doubt you are talking about that)
3) How much cleans do you want? Nearly every class has ways to handle conditions, even more cleans will make condition duration even more useless, which leads to …
4) Conditions are effected by Condidamage, duration (which however is not an armor stat) and a bit by precision (apply on-crit effects). Because of the damage over time aspect you also need more defense then a direct damage class, because you have to survive longer, because the damage is building up. If there would be a zerker equivalent (condi damage, duration and precision) people would use it as well, but there isn’t such a stat combination available.
5) Every class has a condition build (except of guardians) there are weapons designed around conditions as well as some designed around direct damage.

And no it is not a broken system. The only thing that went wrong is the condition cap, that needs to go.

You should explain the condi cap since I’m not entirely sure what you are talking about.

What I’m talking about signet of spite, longbow 5 on warrior, staff/scepter on mesmer/necro. If weapons can apply conditions then they should have some form of removal.
1) Being able to apply a massive stack of any condition is a really bad way to balance damage over time abilities. It changes how the idea DOTs should work.
2) Wrong, grenade engie/condi necro/condi warrior can easily apply 3-5k worth of damage every second in a very short time. The problem with this is that the person receiving the conditions usually has to pigeon hole themselves into condi clear.
3) Like I said, theres too much “CURE ALL CONDIS” rather than a weapon that cures a condi on a moderately low cooldown.
4) Condi duration is a decent thing to have but if the condis are getting cleared and you are re-applying them quickly like you are supposed to you can quickly overwhelm someone. Like the old GvG leader of GF used to say “We bring two necros or none at all”. You burst overwhelm their condi clears and they are stuck getting their HP melted away while receiving extra damage on top of that.
5) Ok? =P

The idea with condis is that the damage over time is that you apply the condis, the victim of the condis cleans them as part of the counter play, then you work to re-apply them. However the counter play ends after the first clear due to how gw2’s condi clears work.

Look at what happens when a guy can’t clear his condis:

You can also look at any of these Necro condi vids on that channel and see some insane condi damage that is being overwhelmed by 1-2 people =P

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Problem with Condi:

1) Stacking

1. No, some builds can stack 12-25 bleeds in a few seconds. My thief can certainly do it in about 3-5s.
2. Uh look up the damage possible with conditions. If you get burning, bleeding, poison, torment, and confusion on you 5k/s is quite easy to hit.
3. I agree condition removal is easily available but if they fix #1 and #2 then removals will actually need toned down.
4. He is certainly wrong here.
5. Some are way better than others and that’s what needs balanced. I mean you cannot fairly compare a condition necro/engineer to other classes due to how many conditions they have access to as well as the number of conditions on their weapon skills.

The system is certainly broken. Why one form of damage is linear where another is multiplicative is just bad design. Negative condition duration isn’t even mentioned here and that renders non-duration condition builds all sorts of kitten. Why can one form of damage only be reduced by ~45% full time where another can be reduced by 65%? The system is broken in multiple places and it makes for a very odd balancing act, that is why it needs rebuilt.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

No. It’s making a point of the imbalance between power and condition damage.

It is highly imbalanced, but as someone who mostly does PvE (especially organized boss fights) and some WvW, I feel it’s the opposite way around. Conditions feel nigh-useless, especially after the WvW nerf to confusion.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I faced a necro that with one auto-attack of his scepter put weakness, 3 stacks of bleed, burning and torment.

Cleared them all but ....

He then proceeded to press the I Win button in signet of spite.

FML

It really doesn’t take much skill to press #1 with scepter, inflict like 1000 conditions. And when you finally manage to clear them ... nope ... Signet of Spite!

I know I am just complaining, but that is just an example of how faceroll conditions can be. It can even be more "burst" then traditional burst and the way it is constantly applied can make it difficult. Having more then 3 stacks of bleed from a pure condi build is pretty disastrous. And that is only one of a long list of things that is wrong with this game.

I know necros have their own problems with other things, so if they were to change conditions they would definitely need a bit of rebalancing. But overall they are a strong class.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Signet of Spite is hardly an “I Win” button. The only thing it does well is eat up condition cleanses as it is 5 sperate, low duration, low intensity conditions. It will not kill you on its own, so quit pretending that it does. There’s also the fact it has a long cast and really obvious animation, so getting hit with it is your own fault.

As for the auto-attack, it means he crit you while running a terrible grandmaster trait, running both sigil of earth and torment. Burning is then down for 10 seconds, Torment for 7, weakness for 20. And you were in WvW, so things would hit you for much harder than that anyway.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Lazaar.9123

Guardians can basically heal themselves to full. Warriors can have insane regen. Mesmers can spam illusions. Thieves can spam stealth, as many do. Do stop whining about condition builds just because you don’t know how to deal with them, and there certainly is not a ‘condition-meta’. If there is any meta running, it has, and always will be, Berserker gear. Stop crying for nerfs of mechanics that make classes like Necromancer and Engineer unique, our condition builds are absolutely broken and useless in most PvE anyway. Condition builds also require three stats, also.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

All that needs to happen to condi is get a survivability nerf and/or a DPS nerf for PvP.

They have to much sustain for the amount of damage they do, although technically less it’s still on par with glass in terms of effectiveness.

2 ways to do it with minimal resources. (I say minimal as opposed to major redesigns)

1. mess with the amulet stats. (Which a-net is doing but no idea what’s in their heads)

2. Balance skill numbers and tweak something for PvE so it’s not useless.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

@Lazaar, I think you will find it has been a Condition meta for A LONG. Most in small groups and solo but it can still be effective in Zergs. I have seen condition builds for EVERY class. Thief could be the most powerful, less conditions but so much stealth can proc like 4-5 conditions every time they attack when coming out of stealth and then repeat.

in Profession Balance

Lazaar.9123

@Lazaar, I think you will find it has been a Condition meta for A LONG. Most in small groups and solo but it can still be effective in Zergs. I have seen condition builds for EVERY class. Thief could be the most powerful, less conditions but so much stealth can proc like 4-5 conditions every time they attack when coming out of stealth and then repeat.

There are far, far more people using zerker builds than there is condition builds, so no. Condition builds are the minority. There is not many thieves that run condition builds, for good reason, they don’t have much access. While every class can have condition builds, not all are effective, as it is not what their classes specialize in. The problem with thieves is definitely not their conditions, it’s their stealth spam, but that belongs in a different topic.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Also, Zerker affects more game modes. Condition is only an issue in sPvP (which is a minority content) and smallscale WvW encounters. Larger encounters or PvE, conditions need a lot of help. Or rather power attacks scale way too well.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

There are far, far more people using zerker builds than there is condition builds, so no. Condition builds are the minority. There is not many thieves that run condition builds, for good reason, they don’t have much access. While every class can have condition builds, not all are effective, as it is not what their classes specialize in. The problem with thieves is definitely not their conditions, it’s their stealth spam, but that belongs in a different topic.

Well seeing as how WvW is about one thing and one thing only – Blobbing of course more people run Zerker, though you have to take into account what classes are most used in WvW and then consider what options they have when it comes to builds.

To say that we arent in a condition META based on blobbing is just silly, it owns small groups, it owns solo and lets not get into S/TPvP.

The problem being that while every class CAN have condition builds, certain classes (Necro, Engineer mostly) can easily burst WAY to many conditions and while Thief lack that, they make up for it with so much stealth access and even then they can get 5-6 conditions onto someone in seconds, hell even Engineer and Mesmer condition builds can have stealth as well.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

To say that we arent in a condition META based on blobbing is just silly, it owns small groups, it owns solo and lets not get into S/TPvP.

How is it silly?
To make a serious argument you’d need numbers. If you want to aim your balance mostly at one specific subset of the game, you better be sure that the subset is actually a very very large part.

Because, as it is right now, the needs and wants of Condition Damage balance are very different depending on who you ask. You ask WvW small group runners, 1v1 roamers and sPvPers, conditions need a serious nerf. You ask PvEers or WvW large (where large is 10+, tbh) runners, and they’re ~useless.

But if you want to decide upon one side to use for your balance goal, why use the smaller one? As in, if PvE + WvW blob has more players (by a significant amount, obviously I don’t know whether this is true but I would assume so given past numbers of past games), why balance the game so it gets worse for them?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

All that needs to happen to condi is get a survivability nerf and/or a DPS nerf for PvP.

They have to much sustain for the amount of damage they do, although technically less it’s still on par with glass in terms of effectiveness.

2 ways to do it with minimal resources. (I say minimal as opposed to major redesigns)

1. mess with the amulet stats. (Which a-net is doing but no idea what’s in their heads)

2. Balance skill numbers and tweak something for PvE so it’s not useless.

Unfortunately without major redesigns, they will just make conditions unplayable. Right now there are plenty of classes than can manage conditions, but they cleanse them at an alarming pace while some classes fail to cleanse them at all. A straight up nerf to conditions in pvp will not fix much and adding more cleanses will just bring us back to square one.

Condition damage needs a redesign.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

This is what happens when you add a condition but don’t balance it per a class, you just say all classes does X amount of damage. Conditions should be balanced around each specific class.

necromancer for example, it would deal LESS damage but its threat would come from the number of conditions. So while its burst damage would be reduced it would still be a threat simply because of the number of conditions that it can burst out.

Then take classes like Ele and Guardian, they are a HUGE lack of conditions compared to the other classes, so maybe they could deal more damage on things like Burning but as they have less access to conditions while the damage would be higher, it would be removed easier.

Engineers and Thieves, well personally i think they need a reduction in conditions that the class has access to, if they want other conditions then they should have to do what say an Ele would have to do, gear for it with runes, sigils and such. Confusion should be removed from them, poison toned down a bit damage wise.

This is the sort of thing that should happen. The problem with Anet is, they know 2 things: Overpowered and Underpowered. This sort of change would help making balance changes to conditions of classes MUCH easier.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I faced a necro that with one auto-attack of his scepter put weakness, 3 stacks of bleed, burning and torment.

Sounds like you ran into a very lucky necro with Dhuumfire (burn on crit), Withering precision (weakness on crit, 20s cooldown), and a superior sigil of tormenting (30% chance of torment on crit, 7s cooldown).

That is 60 points into offensive trait lines, and likely back by a high precision armor set. If that necro hadn’t gotten you to spend your cleanse with the lucky crit, he would likely have folded under damage.

(edited by digiowl.9620)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Got math showing PVT Vs. Condition damage?

Only condition damage needed? So we’re ignoring condition duration?

Or is this just a rant?

Looks like just a rant.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: whyme.3281

whyme.3281

This is what happens when you add a condition but don’t balance it per a class, you just say all classes does X amount of damage. Conditions should be balanced around each specific class.

necromancer for example, it would deal LESS damage but its threat would come from the number of conditions. So while its burst damage would be reduced it would still be a threat simply because of the number of conditions that it can burst out.

Then take classes like Ele and Guardian, they are a HUGE lack of conditions compared to the other classes, so maybe they could deal more damage on things like Burning but as they have less access to conditions while the damage would be higher, it would be removed easier.

Engineers and Thieves, well personally i think they need a reduction in conditions that the class has access to, if they want other conditions then they should have to do what say an Ele would have to do, gear for it with runes, sigils and such. Confusion should be removed from them, poison toned down a bit damage wise.

This is the sort of thing that should happen. The problem with Anet is, they know 2 things: Overpowered and Underpowered. This sort of change would help making balance changes to conditions of classes MUCH easier.

Splitting the damage value of each condition between classes isnt the best solution. But it can be done with the duration of the conditions and the access each class has to them.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

So you didn’t even realized that the necro used Death shroud to put torment on you because you know … scepter don’t have that.

I’m seriously fed up with these misinformed non-skilled whiners on this forum about necromancers. Learn to play. Dude.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Conditions are sustained damage but weak to removal and thus require constant application, further cementing the sustained damage idea. It is possible to burst with conditions via applying a large amount of them in a short period of time but not all classes are capable of this.

Direct damage excels at bursts more so than condition damage and places sustained damage on the backburner in exchange. It is meant to be like this because say direct damage only had one stat. People would pump that stat way up and then just oneshot people due to being built around burst and only requiring one stat. Due to the nature of conditions, they can’t be used to oneshot people in seconds alone and that is the trade off, your opponent has more time to react.

But I suppose if you wanted to make it even you could allow conditions to crit just like regular skills. 25 individually critting stacks of bleed anyone?

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Splitting the damage value of each condition between classes isnt the best solution. But it can be done with the duration of the conditions and the access each class has to them.

It would make Condition builds A LOT easier to balance, they can’t do anything to the actual condition because it is tied to every other class that uses it currently, all the can do is adjust the duration and stacks. That isn’t enough

They need to be able to tone done specific conditions on specific classes without hurting other classes that use them. Take Burning, look at how many classes use that, on most classes it is fine. On Necromancer how ever it is just getting nerfs left right and centre.

So if each condition a class had this would in my opinion also be adjusted, some classes have access to conditions they shouldn’t have – Engineer and Confusion is a prime example.

Once that is done they can tweak the damage, stacks, duration for each specific condition per each class.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

Ok, I’m going to spell it out to you guys, like i did on the SPvP Forums

Condition Damage isn’t overpowered, hell Condition Duration isn’t overpowered either

What Makes Conditions Powerful isn’t the damage or duration, Its how many conditions you can put on a target at once.

For instance, 25 Stacks of Bleed isn’t overpowered, In fact its rather underpowered because its 1 condition and can be removed rather instantly….

25 Stacks of Bleed + Chill + Cripple + Vulnerability + Weakness is 10x more scary then just 25 stacks of bleed, Despite the next 4 Conditions Doing NO damage..

Because its a lot harder to get rid of them.

You see this in my BM Bunker Build, I don’t run Intimidation Training on my Spiders because I like Cripple, I run it because it fills up the Opponents Bar with an extra Condition that lets my actual Damage Conditions do damage.

This is the same reason Signet of Spite is scary, Its a rather low damage ability, But at the same time..Its 6 dang conditions instantly on the target.

Hell, This is why Necro’s became scarier when they added Torment and Burning, It wasn’t that those conditions did damage, Its that they gained 2 more conditions they could put on ya.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

What Makes Conditions Powerful isn’t the damage or duration, Its how many conditions you can put on a target at once.

This. Necromancer and Engineer are the worst culprits. They don’t win because they have a strong build, they win because they can burst conditions and have WAY more access to conditions than someone has access to removals. The ONLY way to stand a chance is to build SPECIFICALLY to counter conditions, thats taking EVERY condition skill, trait, sigil, rune as you can, take as much -duration food as you can.

Even Mesmer, Thief and Warrior have to much access to conditions, plus stealth. It is just a nightmare currently. To much cheap access to conditions such as on auto attacks and very low cool downs, while the counters are all on too long a cool down.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

No point the devs have their hands over thier ears =/ we been posting daily for months about conditions all you get is 10 posts a day moved/deleted and you get yourself banned. i cant even make new topics anymore due to been banned from it, the devs all play condition builds we need to get used to it or move game when it comes out in a few.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

We are in a condi meta. Everyone knows this.

in Profession Balance

Dynnen.6405

@OP:

We are in a condi meta. Everyone knows this.

‘Meta’ [met-uh]: Latin

Meaning – We can’t balance kitten

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Metallistic.1405

Metallistic.1405

I just want to give the full story for OP’s complaint.

I was the condition warrior who killed him in WvWvW. He then got invited to my party by some peeps from his server that I was dueling with/hanging out, trash talked me for playing conditions and left. Now he is playing the role of the innocent victim?

(edited by Metallistic.1405)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

So you didn’t even realized that the necro used Death shroud to put torment on you because you know … scepter don’t have that.

I’m seriously fed up with these misinformed non-skilled whiners on this forum about necromancers. Learn to play. Dude.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Torment

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Profession Balance

Dynnen.6405

^ Lol ^

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

So you didn’t even realized that the necro used Death shroud to put torment on you because you know ... scepter don’t have that.

Thank you. I might be ignorant to certain class mechanics but I guess it’s better then being clearly misinformed about game mechanics as a whole. And to think we have people as misinformed as him accusing others of the same thing, it’s like the pot calling the kettle black when the kettle isn’t even black.

I guess we aren’t seeing him post in here for awhile.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY