why does Anet love petting zoo classes?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

dont get me wrong but why did they give 10 pets to necromancer and make them almost impossible to beat with most classes?

same goes for mesmers but atleast they have to put a little more effort.

seems the more pets your class have the most powerful it is.

action combat made mmos better lol

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

and they gave Rangers the runts, right?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

They gave Necromancers undead minions because… They’re necromancers ? What did you expect, butterflies?

And now more seriously – In GW1 Necromancer could bring about 16-17 minions at once to combat and make new ones from corpses during larger fights pretty endlessly. Currently, typical Necro will run 5-6 minions.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

What Necromancer even has access to 10 minions? And seriously, if you’re having issues with MM necro, that’s a l2p issue.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

What Necromancer even has access to 10 minions? And seriously, if you’re having issues with MM necro, that’s a l2p issue.

really? show me videos of your guardian beating a mm necro.

action combat made mmos better lol

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

There’s talk about petting zoos, but Spirit Weapons still get no love.

Personally, I like things like turrets, spirit weapons, and minions. This is mostly because I’m actually quite bad at PVP. I can’t see anything, I’m extremely clumsy and fumble with the buttons and controls the vast majority of the time, I can’t tell what is happening most of the time, and there is no amount of “L2P” that can fix this, since these problems are innate to my biology.

The low maintenance and AI options appeal to players like me. They take a lot of the micromanagement and hassle out of play, while also minimizing personal error. The AI can never truly compete with true skill, but it certainly does help the little man.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I would like to see spirit weapons stay the same as today. I would like to see spirit rangers and minion necros nerfed. I am afraid that I will add turrets to the nerf list after the two new GM traits in that area.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

dont get me wrong but why did they give 10 pets to necromancer and make them almost impossible to beat with most classes?

Umm…..minion master is not impossible to beat with most classes. Minion master can be easily killed. May be if people played that classes they complained about they wouldn’t qq all the time.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Hmm good point.

Why can’t rangers have out as many pets as minions and just let 1 be controllable and the rest AI based. Sure they are much stronger than than any pets/minions in the game, but they are supposed to account for 40% of our damage which currently they do not. Perhaps having those extra pets out which actually make it so they do account for 40%

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Huh? You can’t beat a minion master? If you are that bad you should just quit playing then. Or hey, you could learn to play the game. Minion masters are garbage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Huh? You can’t beat a minion master? If you are that bad you should just quit playing then. Or hey, you could learn to play the game. Minion masters are garbage.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/I-haven-t-played-in-a-very-long-time

MM Necromancer has been buffed.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Only buff to MM since launch has been AI improvements (should never be complained about) and Vampiric Master getting a damage component (of about 70/hit, mind you).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

Only buff to MM since launch has been AI improvements (should never be complained about) and Vampiric Master getting a damage component (of about 70/hit, mind you).

Whoa only 63 armor ignoring damage per hit per minion? They have also made the minion skills instant to cast by the Necromancer and they gave them health regen OOC. Necromancer in general has been buffed which is an obvious huge buff.

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

63 damage/hit is negligable Over the course of a long fight, that may add up to ~1k damage total, less if you’re kiting at all.

And yes, I did forget that Haunt and Rigor Mortis were made instant-cast. The change to Rigor Mortis was a significant buff (nobody uses Shadow Fiend because it means forgoing the Flesh Wurm stunbreak).

Still, the related traits are, in fact, getting nerfed soon. Training of the Master is getting a 5% nerf (to 25% increase instead of 30%) and Vampiric Master is getting a 10% reduction.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

63 damage/hit is negligable Over the course of a long fight, that may add up to ~1k damage total, less if you’re kiting at all.

And yes, I did forget that Haunt and Rigor Mortis were made instant-cast. The change to Rigor Mortis was a significant buff (nobody uses Shadow Fiend because it means forgoing the Flesh Wurm stunbreak).

Still, the related traits are, in fact, getting nerfed soon. Training of the Master is getting a 5% nerf (to 25% increase instead of 30%) and Vampiric Master is getting a 10% reduction.

Except that it actually does 567 damage per 3 seconds using everything but Wurm and Blood Fiend. Vampiric Master is getting a 10% reduction but healing power scaling is being added and 5% damage is small. MM Necromancer is a tank build that will last a long time so it will be a long fight assuming they don’t immobilize you for 10 seconds.

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

How the hell are you getting 567 damage/3 seconds? Each minion only attacks once in that time frame. Even accounting for double-hits of Bone Fiend and Bone Minions, that’s still all of 378 damage/3 seconds if someone was an idiot and stood there. Factoring in Blood Fiend pushes it up to 441 damage/3 seconds. Virtually any dodge will negate at least one minion’s round of attacks and just walking around negates Bone Minions (which truthfully only do one attack anyway, as they get blown up).

So yes, actual damage ouput of that trait only hits ~2k in the longest fights.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

How the hell are you getting 567 damage/3 seconds? Each minion only attacks once in that time frame. Even accounting for double-hits of Bone Fiend and Bone Minions, that’s still all of 378 damage/3 seconds if someone was an idiot and stood there. Factoring in Blood Fiend pushes it up to 441 damage/3 seconds. Virtually any dodge will negate at least one minion’s round of attacks and just walking around negates Bone Minions (which truthfully only do one attack anyway, as they get blown up).

So yes, actual damage ouput of that trait only hits ~2k in the longest fights.

.8 per golem attack, 1.5 per Shadow Fiend attack, 2.5 per 2 Bone Fiend attack, 3 per Bone Minionx2 attack, so yeah its higher than my number+scaling. A dodge lasts .75 seconds and you kinda have only once per 10 without vigor. Necromancer has 3 immobilizes, 2 fears and 1 charge on low cooldowns and golem is perma cripple if you get hit once, while Bone Fiend is also crippling you and they have 2 sources of chill. Necromancer can easily chain for 10 seconds of immobilize with Bone Fiend. So yeah you’re right 1.5k damage when you die in 10 seconds to the tank build.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

I agree with MM, phantasm Mesmer I agree, but, you try using shatter Mesmer in high level play vs. people who know what they are doing, its really hard to land a single combo.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/I-haven-t-played-in-a-very-long-time

I had no idea. That’s a big buff. I guess they aren’t garbage any more. I will try a MM build now.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Wow, complaints about MM Necros. April 1st is over, you know that?

Pets – especially incontrollable ones – are in theory a very good balance mechanic. They can have higher raw power, in return for being killable and uncontrollable.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

They gave Necromancers undead minions because… They’re necromancers ? What did you expect, butterflies?

And now more seriously – In GW1 Necromancer could bring about 16-17 minions at once to combat and make new ones from corpses during larger fights pretty endlessly. Currently, typical Necro will run 5-6 minions.

All of the gw1 necro’s minions were uncontrollable and constantly lost health, however – larger minion groups were primarily used for body blocking rather than as a reliable damage source, and they worked with a completely different set of control abilities/effects to what we have now.

Since there’s no body-blocking in gw2 and we can all run through each other, minions have to be given some other role in PvP… and that role is to be huge monstrosities adding lots of clutter to the battlefield and dishing out not insignificant amounts of damage. If anything, playing MM is much easier in gw2 than it was in gw1 because you’re given two already effective sets of weapon skills along with death shroud, rather than being left with only a couple of skill slots after 1-2 for minions and some energy management.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

really? show me videos of your guardian beating a mm necro.

How about a video of me killing one on my Necro or Engi? I don’t do guardians. Lol.

And a MM strength is CC. As a guardian do you not have access to block/cleanse/stability? Can you not AoE the minions all down or just kite them and take the Necro down?

MM are really not all that hard, but maybe that’s just because I play a Necro and understand how they work? Best advice I always see, if you are having trouble with a certain class/spec, actually take the time to play that class/spec and see how it works instead of instantly flooding to the forums to complain.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

mm arent hard if you play an eng, power necro or hambow. On anything else glassy they can be a real pita and will probly survive at least long enough for reinforcements to arrive, but that is the point i guess. Problems start to arise when they can go strong offense in the same build and they can atm.
I get the impression that a lot of proff mechanics (AI, stealth) werent designed with what its like to fight them in mind. They are beatable, but the skill requirements rest largely on the non ai/stealthed opponent.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

And a MM strength is CC. As a guardian do you not have access to block/cleanse/stability? Can you not AoE the minions all down or just kite them and take the Necro down?

Guardians have more than enough tools to deal with necro control. The problem with DPS guard is about being a melee spec, usually bringing nothing but melee weapons, which makes MM necro a lot less reliant on those control capabilities.
MM necros are insanely powerful at close combat and supposed to be fought through keeping your distance and kiting, which becomes realy apinful for a class that’s even more pidgeonholed into melee than them.
Pretty much the same problem we had against skull crack warriors before the changes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

I’d like to see AI/passive builds nerfed into the ground.

MM Necros and Spirit Rangers make me sick. “I can’t play a real build so I use the game AI and passive abilities as a crutch, thanks ANet!”.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I’d like to see AI/passive builds nerfed into the ground.

MM Necros and Spirit Rangers make me sick. “I can’t play a real build so I use the game AI and passive abilities as a crutch, thanks ANet!”.

And? What’s wrong with players preferring to play a less taxing spec? I mean seriously, why is it bad if a game supports this?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Necro minion master overpowered?

Attachments:

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

What’s your sPvP rank?

And? What’s wrong with players preferring to play a less taxing spec? I mean seriously, why is it bad if a game supports this?

There’s a difference between playing a less taxing spec (Hambow Warrior requires much less effort than Shatter Mesmer) and a spec that essentially plays the game for you.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Useless thread is useless, reported.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

What’s your sPvP rank?

non existent.
I play wvw, which believe it or not, is pvp too. If this is a sPvP only thread the OP should have mentioned that in the first post or title.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Since the discussion in this thread has steered away from being respectful and constructive this thread is being closed.