10/18/16 Ele skill changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I got to say some ppl here just want an “i win button” on ele. The updates ele got where major buffs and the best thing coming out of here is ppl looking for a reason to complain? No wander no one wants to be on the ele balancing team you guys scared them all off.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhcMowhdOwxBsSMQAYTP4FUEjCQAIISZhjQUA-TlhYABcqHgXlBGp+TyKBBQp3n7PEA4AwzP/8zP/ckCoihWA-w

This is the build i am looking at for roming in wvw its not bad and 9 1/2 sec cd on burning speed is very fun.

Any way dagger main hand now has realty good dps on many skills (fire atument alone for dagger looks like a full weapon set that most classes have) making wh or forces off hand viable for dps builds. Dagger off hand is not a must have for dmg builds any more all though it still adds good dmg and cc.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

To those trying out Condi/hybrid builds: what amulet(s) have you been having success with?

Viper’s is still a bit too glassy for me.
Rabid and Wanderer seem promising.
Sage’s seems to me to be a logical choice due to Ele’s healing abilities, but I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet.

Also, are you having trouble surviving still?

I use sage. I realy liked wanderers but sage ist better after the massive ele nerves….
Focus fire forces me to flee but i am good 1:1 or small fights and still give enough teamsupport to win the 4:4. What i loose compared to menders is compensated by higher damage and so makes my ele more flexible and not only a healbot. Ele is hybrid by nature. At least thats my opion.
And i don´t want to play dagger, be a healbot or trait water. I want to build for my playstyle and the flexible ele not a dictated role ;-)

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

in pvp i find it hard with sage when i focus from thief so 1v1 can be hard time
but in team fight more easy and the burning stack up is nice

in rabid more easy time but still hard for an ele as our burst is not that fast

fyi i am not an ele main but play it some time

in wvw the burning ele shine in team fight and also some duels (probably due to nature those players were worse than me…

ele still lack some survivability and needs more skills with lower activation time like in water attunement

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I have been trying some different sage builds, and they honestly don’t really provide enough pressure to make them worth it, imo. You still face the problem of other classes having too much hard-mitigation combined with huge damage-bursts (from procs) to make an above-average sustained-dps build work. GoEP is probably excellent with bruiser celestial ele in wvw, but not so great in pvp even with sage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

I have been trying some different sage builds, and they honestly don’t really provide enough pressure to make them worth it, imo. You still face the problem of other classes having too much hard-mitigation combined with huge damage-bursts (from procs) to make an above-average sustained-dps build work. GoEP is probably excellent with bruiser celestial ele in wvw, but not so great in pvp even with sage.

Not to sound pessimistic, but so far this has been my experience in hotjoins too. I just can’t survive long enough to rack up condi stacks, and other classes seem to shrug off my condis quite easily (the exception is probably Mesmer, but stealth, blocks and evades makes it difficult to land something like Signet of Fire.)

I probably just suck tho :p

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

I created viper ascended armor and tried it with varies sets like celestial, dire or clerics or settlers stats condi damage can only troll hot join spvp. In wvw the condi is useless you are still able to defeat the same class as a normal d.d ele but the gap in fight the other classes is even greater. You still can’t beat a decent condi zerker warrior specialization or a power zerker warrior the gap is even larger not. You won’t even beat a vanilla warrior since the burn intensity is long duration of 1k damage a second useless. Don even try that against a PU chrono Mesmer hybrid or a Chrono Power shatter x2. These buffs are underwhelming not even a buff. Add 10% or 20% damage to skills with very small physical damage but is a condi base damage skill. The buff = to base damage 550 damage a second to 600 and if lucky crit 1k damage on a number 1 skill. Other Classes do around 1.5k or 2.5k and 3k on normal attack alone.

It’s like making fake buffs to make ele feel like they are getting something very small but unique compared to other professions.

No improvements at all….. I rather they say we have no buffs rather this.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Posted by: soulknight.9620

soulknight.9620

Fully agree to the post of Mr Godlike.
Nothing has changed for spvp for eles.
In pve as far as i see staff still shines, FA slightly buffed, other options are low dps.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Aaaaaaaand Glyph of Elemental Power is back to nothing special xD

Not true. GoEP air is amazing. 3 sec fumble, recharges every 5 sec… ppl can never do crits and their damage is reduced by 50%… Worked wonders with S/F fa cantrip build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Not true. GoEP air is amazing. 3 sec fumble, recharges every 5 sec… ppl can never do crits and their damage is reduced by 50%… Worked wonders with S/F fa cantrip build

Wow good job to pointing that out – I sometimes forget how weakness is strong. After patch I just seen all this burn stacks^^

edit: omg this thing works!!

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

(edited by Mr Godlike.6098)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Wow good job to pointing that out – I sometimes forget how weakness is strong. After patch I just seen all this burn stacks^^

Can you play with out say stone hart if your far into weakness output?

I kind of wish they would move away from eles burns and bleeds and go more for the non condti dmg cc such as slow.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

There’s no doubt about it. D/F Mender’s is still superior to everything else in PvP. I’ve been toying around with this build, but it’s…meh at best I find.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodnMMANOgdOAGNAcYilNAjYFkBGBDPgAwF0dvGYPsA-TJRIAB9+AA2uMgP7PAwJAAA

It doesn’t heal well and there’s no power, but weakness is nearly permanent and burning does good damage, but that’s all it has running for it. There’s no bang with it. Overload Air is only useful for the aura, vulnerability and lightning field. And just like with every Ele build right now, it’s super prone to CC, even with HC. It’s the best condi build I could make up using GoEP. I’m going to try it with Viper’s and probably be disappointed, but will try it anyway. I can see Viper’s working with good teammates who can back you up, but I can see good enemies taking you down just as quickly.

(edited by Zintrothen.1056)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

There’s no doubt about it. D/F Mender’s is still superior to everything else in PvP. I’ve been toying around with this build, but it’s…meh at best I find.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodnMMANOgdOAGNAcYilNAjYFkBGBDPgAwF0dvGYPsA-TJRIAB9+AA2uMgP7PAwJAAA

It doesn’t heal well and there’s no power, but weakness is nearly permanent and burning does good damage, but that’s all it has running for it. There’s no bang with it. Overload Air is only useful for the aura, vulnerability and lightning field. And just like with every Ele build right now, it’s super prone to CC, even with HC. It’s the best condi build I could make up using GoEP. I’m going to try it with Viper’s and probably be disappointed, but will try it anyway. I can see Viper’s working with good teammates who can back you up, but I can see good enemies taking you down just as quickly.

You’re trying too hard to play condi with Nightmare runes and Torment/Leech sigil—those aren’t gonna help you win, especially the amulet with no vitality on it.

I think I told you already in the [ele] guild chat, but Sage is the way to go. If you want to play condi then use my build. This is the best condi build.

https://tinyurl.com/condibuild123

What you need to do with this build is pin them down with Signet of Earth and use Fire #4 (it helps to use the Snap function in options so the Fire #4 skill lands on the player). After you’ve used those two skills, you’re free to burst with Cleansing Fire and your Evasive Arcana dodge roll in Fire. Feel free to save your GoEP for something else; it’s entirely up to you.

If you want proof, here’s me roaming with it in wvw (GoEP is not used here, but still the same build. I used Feel the Burn instead.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeLS8fYsg0w

Broski

(edited by Dahir.4158)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

You’re trying too hard to play condi with Nightmare runes and Torment/Leech sigil—those aren’t gonna help you win, especially the amulet with no vitality on it.

I think I told you already in the [ele] guild chat, but Sage is the way to go. If you want to play condi then use my build. This is the best condi build.

What you need to do with this build is pin them down with Signet of Earth and use Fire #4 (it helps to use the Snap function in options so the Fire #4 skill lands on the player). After you’ve used those two skills, you’re free to burst with Cleansing Fire and your Evasive Arcana dodge roll in Fire. Feel free to save your GoEP for something else; it’s entirely up to you.

If you want proof, here’s me roaming with it in wvw (GoEP is not used here, but still the same build. I used Feel the Burn instead.)

You think “Feel the Burn” is better then the buffed active on signet of fire?

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

My reasoning for Sigil of Torment is that it’s an AoE cover condition, and with high crit, it’s always up. Though yes, Rune of Nightmare probably stretching things lol.

I definitely agree about Sage’s amulet. It has all the stats needed for a condi build. It’s kind of like Celestial, but glassier. And with almost no crit, Sigil of Torment is obviously extra worthless lol.

I really like the Signet of Earth idea, but not so much Arcane. What do you think about running Earth and using the signet trait? This gives you a permanent 180 toughness in all attunements, though you do sacrifice SH or DS. I’m just having trouble buying that some more good boons and better dodging is going to be worth it over reduced Earth CDs and more damage reduction. Plus Final Shielding has suuuuuuch a loooong CD. So I’m wondering what your reasoning is for running Arcane over Earth? Don’t get me wrong. Arcane has some really nice traits, but also some lacking traits. Obviously my bias for Earth is making it hard for me to see the strength of Arcane, so help me out here!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Can you play with out say stone hart if your far into weakness output?

I kind of wish they would move away from eles burns and bleeds and go more for the non condti dmg cc such as slow.

Tested meta mender build (zero toughness) and was really ok – specially earth overload. Oh and mass aoe weakness air overlad^^ is nice. Didn’t have much problem with power spec’s but I need to do some more 1v1.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

in pvp i dueled sage amulets versus meta thief, ranger, warrior – the worst results. thief with evade and stealth, warrior with almost perma resistance and stability, ranger with good healing and sustain dmg
versus mesmer , rev, engi and necro – semi ok , necro with transfer so should be very careful and mesmer need to watch out his sword swap,

i switch arcane with air to get more benefit from glyphs regen to cleanse more and protection uptime.

still ele is more group play than solo player 1v1 in pvp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

You think “Feel the Burn” is better then the buffed active on signet of fire?

I haven’t tried buffed SoF while roaming yet so I don’t know for sure. I used to use FtB for the heals on aura, plus the vigor/regen with Invigorating Torrents. [/quote]

I didn’t use Arcane for the boons. I used it for Evasive Arcana, especially the dodge rolls in Fire and Water. The cooldown on Arcane Shield isn’t that long—it’s only 60 seconds and it’s a real life saver. I also used Arcane for the condi cleanse together with the Water traits. I could cleanse two conditions when swapping to Water… that’s more than enough reason tbh.

warrior with almost perma resistance and stability

A class carried by resistance.

Broski

(edited by Dahir.4158)