12k Ice Spike in WvW?

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

Hi

This is NOT a flame post.

I just want to know how you get “Ice Spike” to deal this dmg.
The 14.8k CoR is ok the skill IS op but Ice Spike?

Info: I have not Toughness on my Nec (Marauder/Zerk mix).

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4225/n8hzckft_png.htm

(edited by DanAlcedo.3281)

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Ice Spike is the most powerful ele skill if you have the proper traits.
It’s really easy to avoid however and it takes a skill ele to get all the damage modifiers to proc.

I got over 20k on keep lord once (see attached image)… but I’m full ascended and my build is top secret.

What’s certain is that that ele was pure glass, had buffed might stacks, and you had vulnerability stacks.

That said, this is what Coalescence of Ruin does to me (See attached image 2).

Attachments:

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

That coalescence of ruin dmg LMAO, I can guess your build..watch out for the wind..it may take you away

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

That coalescence of ruin dmg LMAO, I can guess your build..watch out for the wind..it may take you away

It’s the dame modifier traits on Coalescence of Ruin that makes it hit twice more than it should. Basically what should have been a 8.5k hit turned into a 17k.

I actually have decent armor and some extra vitality without being bunker. The point being, even with 3k armor we all know Coalescense of Ruin still hits for 14k.

Basically an ele would have to go full useless bunker to save himself 3k on a Revenant hammer 2 hit on a 3 second cooldown.

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

There is trait to do extra damage in ice. With it, you can get to this damage if you got full stack of vul and under 50% HP.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Add to it piercing shard

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

DanAlcedo.3281

I got over 20k on keep lord once (see attached image)… but I’m full ascended and my build is top secret.

What’s certain is that that ele was pure glass, had buffed might stacks, and you had vulnerability stacks.

Getting 20k on a keep Lord means nothing because he has 25 Vuln and most likely a broken Breakbar.

I had 0 Vuln on me when the Icespike hit.

How do i know this?

This was the fight:

First max range contact => Got hit by CoR => Hit by Ice Spike => Downstate and dead
I got not hit by something other than the 2 skills before downstate.

There was no point where i could get a Vuln stack.
The fight was over in under 1 second.

I understand that Icespike is strong but 12k without Piercing Shards and 0 Vuln on me?
I just dont see it hitting THIS high.

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

kuritsutian.2987

Might stacking, winter spirit or maybe some banners?

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Sunshine.5014

Getting 20k on a keep Lord means nothing because he has 25 Vuln and most likely a broken Breakbar.

How do i know this?

This was the fight:

First max range contact => Got hit by CoR => Hit by Ice Spike => Downstate and dead

I understand that Icespike is strong but 12k without Piercing Shards and 0 Vuln on me?

I’m sorry but you can’t be right because Ice Spike already gives you 5 vul stack. Ele also has trait to add more vul on crit (consistent with the build I reference above).

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

DanAlcedo.3281

How do i know this?

This was the fight:

I’m sorry but you can’t be right because Ice Spike already gives you 5 vul stack. Ele also has trait to add more vul on crit (consistent with the build I reference above).

YES Ice Spike gives Vuln BUT! the moment it would be on my bar i was downstate.

And i dont think you get the 20% extra dmg before you have the vuln on you.

Maybe if the Weak Spot trait procs before the dmg claculation for the Ice Spike …..
But the Vuln from a Single hit should not increase the dmg from that hit but the next.

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Sunshine.5014

How do i know this?

This was the fight:

Maybe if the Weak Spot trait procs before the dmg claculation for the Ice Spike …..
But the Vuln from a Single hit should not increase the dmg from that hit but the next.

Ice Spike applies Vul before applying damage.

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

DanAlcedo.3281

How do i know this?

This was the fight:

Ice Spike applies Vul before applying damage.

OK!? Good to know!

That what i was here for. THX!

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

kuritsutian.2987

Love this puzzles, also Revenants apply vulnerability on devastation traits.

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yea Ice Spike hurts, but it’s nowhere near as cheap as CoR. There’s this giant block of ice that forms over your head that’s a pretty big tell. Interrupts will ruin the ele’s day, and you as a necro do not lack those. It also needs to be ground targeted (and this is huge!) so unless the ele has you locked down, it’s not really happening. Plus that ele would not be anywhere near as tough as a Rev. Finally, if our staff ele here is in water, that’s really their only hard hitter until they switch to another attunement. Though I suppose they could chill you and ruin your day.

Plus it doesn’t hit through walls.

/salt

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think as air water and tempest the max dmg +% is 100 though its very situation base.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMMAVOgdOAGYCcYiFJAj4FsDqBC3xAQCwNxOZvsA-TVSBQBJUtCEqqCN2fAAPAg8pDALK56iyBNcBAMjSwAAIA38mBgje0je0je0IFwADtA-w

Though if you go arcain line over tempest you can push it higher if you can keep more boons on you. I like the stun brake and super speed added stab etc.. from tempest line over boons from arcain.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Food ( 100 Power) Wrench (+100 to 150ish power) + Bolt to the Heart + Aquamancer’s Training
+ Might stacks (definitely at least 6 stacks if they’re in party with a Herald) + sigil of Force

2600 Power/2000 armor = 1.3x damage already

10 Might = 2800+ Power —> 1.4x damage

Ice Spike isn’t OP : it has a delay, it is not instant , it requires a trait just to be 2 + 3/4 recharge. The tooltip when it is at 2800 Power is a mere 2K.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

I don’t think OP was claiming it was overpowered, just curious how it was possible. :P

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

DanAlcedo.3281

Food ( 100 Power) Wrench (+100 to 150ish power) + Bolt to the Heart + Aquamancer’s Training
+ Might stacks (definitely at least 6 stacks if they’re in party with a Herald) + sigil of Force

Ice Spike isn’t OP : it has a delay, it is not instant , it requires a trait just to be 2 + 3/4 recharge. The tooltip when it is at 2800 Power is a mere 2K.

I dont think Ice Spike is op.
CoR is op.

I tried a “Ice Spike dmg build” and with marauder/zerg mix+ 25 bloodlust + ok dmg food+ with heolbrak rune, without force sigil and only 6-7 stacks might

i got over 8k hits on enemy caster what is ok but to play only for ice spike was not a good idea XD.

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I dont think Ice Spike is op.
CoR is op.

I tried a “Ice Spike dmg build” and with marauder/zerg mix+ 25 bloodlust + ok dmg food+ with heolbrak rune, without force sigil and only 6-7 stacks might

i got over 8k hits on enemy caster what is ok but to play only for ice spike was not a good idea XD.

Building only for high burst on ice spike is really not a good idea but it was decent for a wvw zerg staff build (pre HoT) as it allowed for combos like meteor + switch to water for sustain and some extra dmg. That was okay before HoT, with tempest I have good sustain even without water traits and no need for weird rotations to get nice bursts.

I run fire/air/tpt and most of my dmg comes from fire skills, that’s 150 extra power + 10% + 10% from aura use and all this is not dependent on sitting in water. PS/AT builds are way too restricting.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: miaomlao.8502

miaomlao.8502

Wow! 17k crit of coalescence of ruin! I didnt WvW much but I remember some revenant instant kill me from far range before…

12k Ice Spike in WvW?

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

Wow! 17k crit of coalescence of ruin! I didnt WvW much but I remember some revenant instant kill me from far range before…

Most people don’t realize it, but Coalescence of Ruin, on top of doing insane damage, is also broken and sometimes hit twice or 3 times on the same target.

See the attacked image, that was not 2 different Coalescence of Ruin casts, that was a single cast that because of the terrain hit me twice for 24k total.

Attachments: