29/9 Patch : What is the new Staff meta ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kcquipor.6730

Kcquipor.6730

Since https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsS5TwgbWBo&feature=youtu.be
and http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Elementalist_-_Staff aren’t updated, i’m looking at the moment for a new meta build for Staff, i see a few streamers switch Icebow for LH and a few others still playing the same meta

Since the patch i got issues in solo open world adventures when pulling more then 4 mobs at the same time

in Elementalist

Posted by: Griever.7480

Griever.7480

i had to replace icebow with fire signet other than that i got arcane wave and glyph of storm, nothing else is useful, lesser ele is a joke, as all are other conjures or stuff that “could” add additional dmg.

Tbh i think fire signet should give power instead of precision, prec is a stat for air anyway.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

I switched my IB for Arcane Wave for more blast finishers.

It was the most beloved utility for me and i had to take IB instead of it all this time, but now its back to my bar.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Most people I’ve seen have been replacing Ice Bow with Signet of Fire.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Could you guy not use abbreviations? It’s barely understandable.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Powerful aura is not bad for staff now. So say water air fire for wvw at least. As for what to use in the utility there are some choose i find glyph of elemental power a good tool for staff ele who do not want to do as much dmg but want to fall into more of a cc roll. Glyph of elemental power icd is per person not per activation so you can chill / weaken /cripal a lot of ppl with your meto.
If your more of a dmg dealing player i say use a def utility and just build a bit more glass.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: SuinegTsol.1729

SuinegTsol.1729

Most people I’ve seen have been replacing Ice Bow with Signet of Fire.

wtf they used before??? I always (or almost) took it. Bow i replaced with arcane wave. Exept we got a mesmer, then i spent a LH.
This defuff was needed for more viable partycompositions, but leaving ele with camping fire on staff is a bit…

in Elementalist

Posted by: NOIP.1208

NOIP.1208

it just changed my build out to water attunement LH, switch ice for LH with glyph of storms and signet of fire. as much as icebow was fun to use it was pretty broken on enemies with huge hitboxes.

Alvorian (norn ranger)
Guild- JLAI (Dragon Slayers of Zhaitan)
Farshiverpeaks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Since https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsS5TwgbWBo&feature=youtu.be
and http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Elementalist_-_Staff aren’t updated, i’m looking at the moment for a new meta build for Staff, i see a few streamers switch Icebow for LH and a few others still playing the same meta

Since the patch i got issues in solo open world adventures when pulling more then 4 mobs at the same time

Not really sure what to say about the 4 mob problems because if you actually have issues with that, then don’t blame IB nerf.

What to use instead of bow? How about you try to think about the encounter? Solo boss with small hitbox, pick signet/arcane wave, big hitbox boss/trash mobs, IB is still fine. Fights like molten duo, deep freeze zerker so your party can dps freely.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

How could you not already have used signet of fire … sigh … The old meta was frost bow, signet of fire and glyph of storms.

The frost bow will still stay in the meta just for the freeze and skill 3, big targets still greatly suffer from a 30k dps frostbow 4, that’s nothing to be ashamed of. It’s rather the pure frustration that makes you want to replace the frost bow instead of thinking first how strong it actually was and still is.

If you really face a target that doesn’t need to be freezed and is a small target aswell, you might aswell use arcane wave for a blast and some dmg, or the lava axe for you and person X to cause a blast finisher with high damage and then throw it away. If this person even is a mesmer or someone with low dps, you can even passive increase his / her damage with that.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Still icebow. Disabling bosses for 10 seconds is no joke.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I still run Lightning Flash, Mist Form, and Glyph of Storms. I was never much a fan of IB, to be honest. It hit hard but I prefer the versatility of Glyph of Storms, and Lightning Flash and Mist Form are just so versatile as well.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

How could you not already have used signet of fire … sigh … The old meta was frost bow, signet of fire and glyph of storms.

I always took that last slot as a variable slot per encounter. For example Mist Form in Dredge is nice at parts with the panels for example. Once you reach a certain level of Crit the effectiveness of adding more Crit just goes way down so I never took it as an “automatic given.”

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

If you weren’t using Signet of Fire before, you were doing it wrong guys. None of the arcane skills will increase your damage nearly as much. The only reason you might not want to use it is if you were full Assassins (you shouldn’t be, go part Zerker, part Assassins). The meta Utilites pre-patch were IB, SoF, and GoS. I suggest you just replace Ice Bow with Lightning Hammer. It still has a 5 skill that stuns for the modifier in air and medium sized hit box skill on 4. There’s no reason to take Arcane Wave over LH when LHs 3rd auto attack is going to Blast every 1 1/2 seconds.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Like most people I take Arcane Wave instead of Icebow.

Instead of Tempest Defense, I now use Inscription for lower CD on my glyph of Storm. It’s pretty handy. I might get back to tempest defense with HoT because of the stun from break bar. We’ll see.

Instead of Piercing-Shards I use Stop-Dodge and Roll. Decent in some situation, but nothing better anyway.

I also like the Arcane variant, which is more on par with water now. The difference in dps is near unnoticeable in pugs.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

Dmg output on skill 4 is roughly on par with gylph of storms.

If you were using bow, signet and storms before, no reason to stop unless you want a blast finisher which is a pretty justifiable reason.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.