#9 rated NA and most fashionable Elementalist, AMA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mianhae.5138

Mianhae.5138

Ask me anything related to Ele gameplay or matching dyes while afking in the mists.

in Elementalist

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Do you find lately that when doing the updraft, dragonstooth, pheonix, firegrab combo that pheonix doesn’t seem to go off? I’ve noticed that lately (since a patch about 2 weeks ago)

Also, is it unfashionable to be a male character in all pink…cause that’s the way I roll.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bong.6238

Bong.6238

Are you KOREAN?

in Elementalist

Posted by: demonstrative.9176

demonstrative.9176

Male character in all pink is not HOT BOYZ bro.

Hot Boyz
Anvil Rock
Demonstrative/Bible/Sprankles

in Elementalist

felivear.1536

I think I pull it off…

in Elementalist

Mianhae.5138

DT/Phoenix still randomly get bugged and do no damage for some reason, you can reliably test it in the golems. I’m not sure why, but I’ve had it happen to me as well, sadly.

It depends on which shade of pink you’re using, you see, you could be using a pastel pink and you’d look very awkward, however using icy/abyssal shades of pink will allow you to blend better with the Mists enviroment and stand out in the crowd of afkers.

Hope my advice has been of any help, greetings!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Haku.5068

Haku.5068

How wide is the smile on your face when Powerr calls you out for running svanir runes when you’re not and he is?

in Elementalist

felivear.1536

Glad that I’m not crazy with the Pheonix thing.

Ya, I use pastel pinks. I also like to use the pastel greens and olive greens. I think I look smexy…and I know it.

in Elementalist

Mianhae.5138

Are you KOREAN?

I’m a mutt and have lived in Korea, however I am not Korean.

Don’t let anybody tell you otherwise

in Elementalist

Mianhae.5138

How wide is the smile on your face when Powerr calls you out for running svanir runes when you’re not and he is?

It is about a 12cm smile. Depending on the weather and other factors being accounted for, it can go up to 14cm.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

How disappointed are you that your color scheme doesn’t work in-game?

in Elementalist

Mianhae.5138

How disappointed are you that your color scheme doesn’t work in-game?

Not disappointed at all, sometimes the fashion po-po has to do what it has to do.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wanbe.3504

Wanbe.3504

the question is did jonny carry you or did you carry jonny? i have to assume that jonny did because… well.. http://static.autoblog.nl/images/wp2012/Asians-meme.jpg

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

Who are you and who’s your daddy?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Powerr.3649

Powerr.3649

Q: How much do you lift?

Powerr
PZ

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

whats queue time for paid tournaments?

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in Elementalist

Mianhae.5138

Q: How much do you lift?

I don’t, I’m a fragile cute asura

in Elementalist

Mianhae.5138

whats queue time for paid tournaments?

Depends on how many teams are dodging.

Usually it’s around 10min or 20min waits if you miss the queue in NA, during the morning it’s nonexistant as far as I’ve heard.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Powerr.3649

Powerr.3649

I know! I feel “weakness” when I hit on you..

#ratasum<3

Powerr
PZ

in Elementalist

Posted by: Payneful.7934

Payneful.7934

Mianhe, please teach me the ways of the #9 ranked ele arts. I am but a humble #24301 ranked ele novice. I do not have any QPs; I, in fact, owe 37 QPs to Anet for being such a bad bad ele. Please enlighten me with your infinite wisdom and guide me to the path of pro-ness.

Payne [PTC] Thief
Pancakes To Celebrate

in Elementalist

Mianhae.5138

Mianhe, please teach me the ways of the #9 ranked ele arts. I am but a humble #24301 ranked ele novice. I do not have any QPs; I, in fact, owe 37 QPs to Anet for being such a bad bad ele. Please enlighten me with your infinite wisdom and guide me to the path of pro-ness.

You have been enlightened

in Elementalist

Posted by: Payneful.7934

Payneful.7934

You have been enlightened

I don’t feel very enlightened…..

Payne [PTC] Thief
Pancakes To Celebrate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arc.9374

Arc.9374

Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or one hundred duck-sized horses?

Potaters!

in Elementalist

Mianhae.5138

One horse-sized duck

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

One horse-sized duck

At what number of duck-sized horses would you decide to change your decision?

in Elementalist

Mianhae.5138

27, depending on breed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Haku.5068

Haku.5068

What keyboard and mouse do you use? You mentioned earlier that you’re fragile. Can you lift your keyboard and mouse?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

Could you enumerate some of the builds you are most comfortable using in a competition, their major attributes and roles? As that im aware staff + clerics amulet is perhaps the only way to go, i would love to hear about it if other viable builds and rolls have been discovered.

in Elementalist

Posted by: demonstrative.9176

demonstrative.9176

Can you show me the power of the green chest?

Hot Boyz
Anvil Rock
Demonstrative/Bible/Sprankles

in Elementalist

ryston.7640

I would like to appeal the moderator decision to move this to Elementalist forum:

The AMA is being heald by a prominent PvPer, and the serious questions that will be asked will center around Elementalists within tPvP, and possibly around higher tier tPvP in general. Please consult a second opinion.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I need proof of this so-called “most fashionable” claim.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wreck.2634

Wreck.2634

Hello, what would you recommend running with if you are looking to carry your team through solo queue free tPvP? (e.g. staff bunker, d/d faceroll).

in Elementalist

Mianhae.5138

Could you enumerate some of the builds you are most comfortable using in a competition, their major attributes and roles? As that im aware staff + clerics amulet is perhaps the only way to go, i would love to hear about it if other viable builds and rolls have been discovered.

Scepter/Focus Support and Staff Support are mainly the only builds/weapons I’m comfortable with right now, mostly due to the role I try to fulfill within my group.

Staff + Shaman’s amulet is incredibly strong, although for different purposes (more area condi control with Eruption in small points). As far as scepter/focus, I decided to use the focus more lately against teams runing more 2-3 projectile users in certain maps where teamfighting is key (Foefire mostly)

I don’t believe in scepter/dagger viability due to escapes you’ve got available in comparison to say a thief. A lot of people will argue your sustain is better than a thief, but poison goes around easily in a fight, and this will kill you.

in Elementalist

Mianhae.5138

Hello, what would you recommend running with if you are looking to carry your team through solo queue free tPvP? (e.g. staff bunker, d/d faceroll).

Staff bunker, your chances to capture a point when another team is fighting off the points is higher.

I do have a (now outdated) elementalist guide featured in ArenaJunkies with the build and variants I used to run during BWE1 BWE2 BWE3 and part of release.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/228831-competitive-build-overview-support-elementalist/

There’s a few variations nowadays. Such as changing the 2nd utility for frost bow for Khylo and glyph of renewal for every other map.

(Yes, I do use glyph of renewal)

in Elementalist

Posted by: edruviransu.1029

edruviransu.1029

On Kyhlo, do you keep Frost Bow equipped all game, or do you just switch it in when you’re going to the treb? If the former, do you ever use it for anything other than killing the treb?

in Elementalist

Posted by: daphoenix.4283

daphoenix.4283

I’m not familiar with how sPvP works that well (tournaments, rankings, etc)

I want to go competitive but I don’t have a good team to work with. What are your suggestions to that? :P

Can you upload some videos so that I can learn off your mad skillz? =P

Excala, Expert Elementalist
Fort Aspenwood [EXC]
http://www.youtube.com/user/daphoenix555?feature=mhee

in Elementalist

Mianhae.5138

On Kyhlo, do you keep Frost Bow equipped all game, or do you just switch it in when you’re going to the treb? If the former, do you ever use it for anything other than killing the treb?

I do keep it since the chill/AoE still has some usage, also cause I dislike switching out utilities. Getting used to not weapon swapping and/or utility swapping is a good thing, especially when you can still do good without it.

Frost Bow is not only a good tool for yourself but also for other condi dmg dealers your team may have (engineers, necros, etc) as the ice storm applies confusion and more often than not people don’t realise how much damage they take from it.

in Elementalist

Mianhae.5138

I’m not familiar with how sPvP works that well (tournaments, rankings, etc)

I want to go competitive but I don’t have a good team to work with. What are your suggestions to that? :P

Can you upload some videos so that I can learn off your mad skillz? =P

There’s an irc channel called #gw2ringer where people sometimes look for ringers (paid/free tourneys) to play for them. This channel is located in the gamesurge servers.

As far as videos, I may upload some updated ones in the future.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vanillea.5764

Vanillea.5764

If you don’t like S/D, how about D/D? I know poison hurts badly but what if you have really good mean of cleansing? xD

Thx

in Elementalist

ryston.7640

What do you think. Of eshrewing blasting staff or evasive arcana on a staff support build? Of swapping earths embrace for quick glyphs? On your staff support do you favor runes of dwayna or 2 monk 2 water 2 ? For the durations?

Can you elaborate on that shaman staff build?

I run with mist form and lightning flash, the 3rd utility sees some rotation but is often arcane wave. What are your thoughts / what utilities could you just not live without? (Glyph of renewal for aw does free up flash for something better. I will experiment with that.)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hufflepuffer.4201

Hufflepuffer.4201

Ask me anything related to Ele gameplay or matching dyes while afking in the mists.

What cheap dye do you find most effective at achieving a stylized light-dark color contrast?

Personally I use either Winter Breeze or Frost for the lighter shade, and then mix it with Iron for a luscious looking yet surprisingly affordable combination, but I’m open to suggestions for my ele alt. I wish I could get my hands on Celestial because that’d be outright fabulous as it has the soft glow silhouette, but thus far no luck with the random bottle lottery

in Elementalist

Posted by: vox.5019

vox.5019

I question your assertion of fashion supremacy. Pics or it didn’t happen.

This industry just needs to move on. We’ve seen a bunch of “WoW 2.0” attempts, and
who actually wants that? Do we really want to be playing those same game mechanics for
another 5 or 10 years? -Mike O’Brien

in Elementalist

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Who is this guy?

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]