A heartfelt "Thank You" to all Elementalists

in Elementalist

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Dear brothers and sisters of the elemental persuasion,
I have to give a heartfelt thanks to you. I know you wear few articles of clothing, something about keeping in tune with nature, elements of harmony or some hippie stuff like that. Also sometimes you smell like burnt fur – sorry charr bros, it’s true and by Smolder’s left eye it stinks! And I’ll admitt, I’ve laughed seeing a flaming lettuce head running for the water. Why doesn’t he just “attune” himself to water and put it out? I don’t know.
But in spite of all that small stuff you all are so important to me. You know how to treat me right, with the combo fields and boons. But, there is one thing above all that just really tells me you love me…

FLAMING SWORD OF DEATH!!!!!

You all are AWESOME!!!! Right here, c’mon. Gimme a hug. I love you, I do. /sniff.

Sincerely,

Expiatus

Attachments:

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

LoL you’re welcome bro, next time you see an icebow pick it up and use skill 4 on a nearby enemy structure, does tons of damage :>

in Elementalist

Posted by: jbernal.1078

jbernal.1078

All the conjure weapons are awesome.

Ice bow as mentioned above + mobs
Earth shield for blocking
Thunder Hammer for CC and nice attack
The axe is the one that I use the least as it does less than the fire sword so I just use that instead.

[ASH] – Gate of Madness

in Elementalist

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

All the conjure weapons are awesome.

Ice bow as mentioned above + mobs
Earth shield for blocking
Thunder Hammer for CC and nice attack
The axe is the one that I use the least as it does less than the fire sword so I just use that instead.

On my little ele i’ve one shot poor helpless moas with the 2 skill on the Flame Axe so many times O.o, it does A LOT of damage for being a ranged weapon…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kisa.7052

Kisa.7052

This thread made me LOL. Made my day being stuck at work and all. Thank you

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Your praise is duly noted, however, please stop picking up my extra Firey Greatsword! I was going to use that…..

(just kidding, help yourself to the awesomeness, just send a donation to the “Elementalist Liberation Front” in the name of the “Please ANet make conjures function like engineer kits” fund, thank you)

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Elementalist

Expiatus.4210

This thread made me LOL. Made my day being stuck at work and all. Thank you

You are very welcome. I’m glad I could give you a good laugh.

@ Trashbarg
Actually, I would play an elementalist if I could always use those sweet wepons you have. I like the idea of a “battle mage” type character.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

You can make a very nice spike with it though. Running Arcane Blast and Arcane Wave, then combine the first with skill 5 and the second with skill 4…and then follow up with skill 2.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

What brand of toaster are you playing on to get your graphics settings that low?

in Elementalist

Expiatus.4210

What brand of toaster are you playing on to get your graphics settings that low?

The important stuff…
i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz
8 GB of RAM
GE Force GTX 550Ti
I forget what motherboard I used.
Resolution 1600×900 at mostly max settings. There are few settings I tweek.
FPS can range from 35 during heavy WvWvW battles to 70 just sitting in LA or a city.

I have to admit though, the screen caps never do the actual game image justice.

See you in Tyria.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

The important stuff…
i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz
8 GB of RAM
GE Force GTX 550Ti
FPS can range from 35 during heavy WvWvW battles to 70 just sitting in LA or a city.

You didn’t even need to reply; there wasn’t any need for that post questioning your computer’s capabilities running GW2. Unless he/she posted because he/she was interested in buying you a new system, I just see it as offensive/trolling (even if you had a “toaster” for a computer, which you don’t, what right does he/she have to point that out or how is it relevant to the discussion?)

in Elementalist

Expiatus.4210

The important stuff…
i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz
8 GB of RAM
GE Force GTX 550Ti

You didn’t even need to reply; there wasn’t any need for that post questioning your computer’s capabilities running GW2. Unless he/she posted because he/she was interested in buying you a new system, I just see it as offensive/trolling (even if you had a “toaster” for a computer, which you don’t, what right does he/she have to point that out or how is it relevant to the discussion?)

I just took it as a joking compliment, or a half hearted attempt at sarcasm, since it is a pretty good pic.

See you in Tyria.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scorpio Spork.9568

Scorpio Spork.9568

Actually, I would play an elementalist if I could always use those sweet wepons you have. I like the idea of a “battle mage” type character.

But you can!

Even without traits, you can rely on a 50% up-time for each conjured weapon on your bar. You could probably figure out a nice conjure build with +30 in Fire based on blasting your long fire fields with Lightning Hammer… and now I’m off to play with a skill editor! XD

I don’t know how conjure builds compare to the typical 0/20/0/30/30, but it sounds like a ton of fun.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

But you can!

Even without traits, you can rely on a 50% up-time for each conjured weapon on your bar. You could probably figure out a nice conjure build with +30 in Fire based on blasting your long fire fields with Lightning Hammer… and now I’m off to play with a skill editor! XD

I don’t know how conjure builds compare to the typical 0/20/0/30/30, but it sounds like a ton of fun.

Conjure builds take A LOT of getting used to, my friend made one where it was a GC using hammer, axe and sword, he would hit people for ~4k average with the hammer auto attack, don’t think he actually used his main weapons tbh…

I personally have used a DD build that used frost bow and axe to give me a ranged option and it worked quite nicely.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna