Are we balanced yet

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

What title says..i dont want to get too much attached to the new spammable super awsome long rage mobility in my s/d setup..A setup thats half melee with no long range snares at all.
Maybe anet thinks that s/d bunker is guardian level stronk so it deserves no mobility at all apart from the “W” button..
In any case id like to know in advance :P

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Posted by: showatt.9413

showatt.9413

Arcane shield still needs to be looked at.
Now that mist form is not broken anymore, Arcane shield is as overpowered as it ever was. (But now people are actually gonna be using it instead of Mist form.)

The class is still OP, so more nerf is required to tune it down further.
ArenaNet’s really bad at balancing imo; they could have just nerfed everything in one go but no they gotta do it step by step like some toddler learning to walk. Really disappointed.

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Just. Stop. The. Bologna.

Let me know at what point in time in the last three months a D/D Ele in full bunker spec was destroying in WvWvW and raking in loot bags. Oh that’s right, NEVER. Any full bunker D/D was not killing anybody, just delaying and harassing targets. A perfectly viable tactic.

But apparently not if you’re an Ele, only if you’re Thief, Guardian, etc. Its so pathetic how all the “ELE ARE OP” whiners are obviously the ones who can’t time CC like a block or interrupt on a 3.25s CE, or complain because their glass cannon warrior didn’t bring any condition removal and so got KO’d by the bleed stacks.

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

Showatt dont troll dude..
Arcane shield blocks only 3 attacks on a 75 sec cooldown in case anyone elsereading this forums (other class player that feeds on ele players tears perhaps)

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Posted by: I Am Dansker.7105

I Am Dansker.7105

Let me know at what point in time in the last three months a D/D Ele in full bunker spec was destroying in WvWvW and raking in loot bags. Oh that’s right, NEVER. Any full bunker D/D was not killing anybody, just delaying and harassing targets. A perfectly viable tactic.

But apparently not if you’re an Ele, only if you’re Thief, Guardian, etc. Its so pathetic how all the “ELE ARE OP” whiners are obviously the ones who can’t time CC like a block or interrupt on a 3.25s CE, or complain because their glass cannon warrior didn’t bring any condition removal and so got KO’d by the bleed stacks.

Our problem is that our spells are too colorful and shiny that the other classes just instantly think that we must be OP with all the fancy spells we cast around us… only reason i can see why people think we are OP in WvWvW, the only time we shine in WvWvW is with staff while defending a tower/keep

Maybe an exaggeration but if there is any class out there you will notice in battle, it’s the ele (fire and such going everywhere).

Far Shiverpeaks

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

showatt.9413

I’m sorry but unless you’re Daphoenix I’m not gonna take your statement seriously. It’s nothing personal. If you can link me a post where Dap complains about not being able to kill people in wvw and post a video of him failing I’ll gladly reconsider my position.

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I’m sorry but unless you’re Daphoenix I’m not gonna take your statement seriously. It’s nothing personal. If you can link me a post where Dap complains about not being able to kill people in wvw and post a video of him failing I’ll gladly reconsider my position.

That is just silly! At the point that Daphoenix can’t people 2v1 or 3v1 in WvW (remember he was showing highlights of his best fights), the class in underpowered. He is probably one of the BEST elementalist players. The whole class shouldn’t be absolutely unplayable if you aren’t super-pro. Every class has players that can do what daphonenix can do against bad/upleveled players. It doesn’t mean every class is OP, it just means they are good players.

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Anet will find that this patch makes little difference for bunker eles in pvp, so they’ll nerf RtL some more in all game modes. Repeat forever.

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

yeah sorry i find it much easier to get badges on my guard/necro. ease of kills would go to mesmers or thieves.
Now they can’t even block treb shots with focus anymore, lawl

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Kaleban.9834

Wait. Your argument is that unless I’m the top tier player of a class, that my input is invalid? You do realize how silly that sounds right? A guy like daphoenix could probably take the Warrior into tPvP and pwn with it, its the player’s skill in his case. Which means the class isn’t OP, the player is OP. Nerf daphoenix?

The flipside is, for the vast majority of players who aren’t as skilled, their survivability just dropped ridiculously.

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

showatt.9413

That is just silly! At the point that Daphoenix can’t people 2v1 or 3v1 in WvW, the class in underpowered. He is probably one of the BEST elementalist players. The whole class shouldn’t be absolutely unplayable if you aren’t super-pro. Every class has players that can do what daphonenix can do against bad players. It doesn’t mean every class is OP, it just means they are good players.

So are you saying it’s a learn to play / learn to adopt issue? Because I didn’t actually want to go there…

Also, I hardly think ‘absolutely unplayable’ is something that should be tossed around so easily. Challenging? Yes. Harder to master? maybe. But absolutely unplayable? Because of a few nerf here and there?

Thieves stealth and HS got nerfed to dust ages ago and people still spam them to this day. Yet they were crying about their class being unplayable after their nerfs too. So really, what is going on here?

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

showatt.9413

Wait. Your argument is that unless I’m the top tier player of a class, that my input is invalid? You do realize how silly that sounds right? A guy like daphoenix could probably take the Warrior into tPvP and pwn with it, its the player’s skill in his case. Which means the class isn’t OP, the player is OP. Nerf daphoenix?

The flipside is, for the vast majority of players who aren’t as skilled, their survivability just dropped ridiculously.

I was just responding to your ridiculous statement about “Elementalist are not killing anything in wvwvw. Period.” and I still stand behind my reply now. Unless Dap comes forward and tell me that even he is finding it hard to kill anything will I believe your statement about Elem not killing anything.

Until then, I will continue to believe Elem is – though a bit harder to play now – still as viable and playable as before.

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Posted by: deek.6520

deek.6520

It’s been awhile since i played like maybe ummm about 6+ months maybe longer i mainly just pve so is the ele okay to travel alone?

Like before if i fought 2 enemies i had to run it was to much has this problem been dealt with?

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

showatt.9413

It’s been awhile since i played like maybe ummm about 6+ months maybe longer i mainly just pve so is the ele okay to travel alone?

Like before if i fought 2 enemies i had to run it was to much has this problem been dealt with?

So you want to be able to 1 vs 2 at any given time? Regardless of skills?
Thanks. You really shed some light as to why Elementalist is in this fix at the moment.

PS. if you’re talking about 1 vs 2 mobs then its definitely a l2 kitten ue.

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Kaleban.9834

So are you saying it’s a learn to play / learn to adopt issue? Because I didn’t actually want to go there…

Also, I hardly think ‘absolutely unplayable’ is something that should be tossed around so easily. Challenging? Yes. Harder to master? maybe. But absolutely unplayable? Because of a few nerf here and there?

Thieves stealth and HS got nerfed to dust ages ago and people still spam them to this day. Yet they were crying about their class being unplayable after their nerfs too. So really, what is going on here?

No its not a L2 kitten ue! GOD! You said you would accept nothing less than the premier example of class play as the baseline for comparison. NOT EVERY ELE PLAYER IS daphoenix! Do you even hear yourself?

The bolded part of your quote is important. Perhaps you should apply the same logic to tossing around “ELE IS OP NEED NERF” comments? The Ele has been consistently nerfed since launch, not a few here and there, starting with about a 60% damage reduction on Staff and continuing from there.

Thieves’ stealth is not “nerfed to dust” as you claim. A now 3s Revealed debuff is enough time for a Thief to get off a combo and then re-stealth. HS before its nerf was like combining RtL with pinpoint Meteor Storm. Tremendous damage plus a gap closer.

You should look up the definition of the term “hyperbole.” Its present in all of your posts.

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

deek.6520

Thanks. You really shed some light as to why Elementalist is in this fix at the moment.

Well to be honest the post was kind of just to see what kind of response i would get out of you . . . i didn’t quiet know how to take you i didn’t want to jump on the wagon of ahhh hes just a troll; then coupled with your mass response to every thread that even hints towards a negative thought about the ele added to your belief that this dax person is the only one whose opinion matters

I knew you would respond though and now i have a better idea how to handle you thanks for being just like the patch updates anet tosses out “routine and pathetic”

we could continue back in forth but I know how you work in im sure there are other threads you have to stalk and voice your opinion on so be safe

p.s. its rare that i actually check back on these forums to read responses so if your planning to reply do make it quick or i won’t care

(edited by deek.6520)

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Kaleban.9834

I was just responding to your ridiculous statement about “Elementalist are not killing anything in wvwvw. Period.” and I still stand behind my reply now. Unless Dap comes forward and tell me that even he is finding it hard to kill anything will I believe your statement about Elem not killing anything.

Until then, I will continue to believe Elem is – though a bit harder to play now – still as viable and playable as before.

Apparently, you can’t read either. Here’s what I said:

Note the VERY obvious clause about the Ele being in FULL BUNKER spec. Reading is your friend, especially on a forum. A zerker Staff Ele raining down 5 target max AoEs can still get loot bags from a zerg or keep, a D/D ele built for pure survival is not downing enemies.

That you missed this obvious part of my post and that you keep maintaining that no one other than quite possibly the best player of a class is worth your time obviously point to you being a troll, pure and simple.

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

showatt.9413

No its not a L2 kitten ue! GOD! You said you would accept nothing less than the premier example of class play as the baseline for comparison. NOT EVERY ELE PLAYER IS daphoenix! Do you even hear yourself?

The bolded part of your quote is important. Perhaps you should apply the same logic to tossing around “ELE IS OP NEED NERF” comments? The Ele has been consistently nerfed since launch, not a few here and there, starting with about a 60% damage reduction on Staff and continuing from there.

Thieves’ stealth is not “nerfed to dust” as you claim. A now 3s Revealed debuff is enough time for a Thief to get off a combo and then re-stealth. HS before its nerf was like combining RtL with pinpoint Meteor Storm. Tremendous damage plus a gap closer.

You should look up the definition of the term “hyperbole.” Its present in all of your posts.

Did thieve rely on stealth and HS? yes. Did they get nerfed? yes.

Did Elementalist rely on RTL and mist form? Yes. Did they get nerfed? Yes.

Elementalist is OP based on fact; just as Thieves were OP is based on fact. These skills don’t get nerfed because the dev went " oh hey let’s nerf Elementalist and thieves just for fun."

They got nerfed because people complain and complain so the dev playtested and went ‘hmmm there is some problem here. They’re relying on certain skills way too much. Ok guys gather round. what do we do?’

However, absolutely unplayable is not a fact.
People still plays it after the nerf.
See where I’m getting at?

And when a mechanic gets tweak, not one person is responsible for the idea. There will be developers in the team who goes “hang on but why don’t we just do this instead’ and developers who goes ‘nah let’s do it this way.”

So you can be certain that they’re not just blind nerfing classes.

(edited by showatt.9413)

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

showatt.9413

That you missed this obvious part of my post and that you keep maintaining that no one other than quite possibly the best player of a class is worth your time obviously point to you being a troll, pure and simple.

I was wondering when the troll card is getting involved.

If I am a troll, and you really believe I am a troll, then you should stop replying to me, should you not?

Would you stake your entire life on full Elem bunker not being able to kill “anything” during wvw? Because I have a feeling you would not.

PS. and NO, mob do not count. I’m talking about full bunker Elem not being able to kill anyone – even bad players and those wearing full white and green.

(edited by showatt.9413)

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Kaleban.9834

Did thieve rely on stealth and HS? yes. Did they get nerfed? yes.

Did Elementalist rely on RTL and mist form? Yes. Did they get nerfed? Yes.

Elementalist is OP based on fact; just as Thieves were OP is based on fact. These skills don’t get nerfed because the dev went " oh hey let’s nerf Elementalist and thieves just for fun."

They got nerfed because people complain and complain so the dev playtested and went ‘hmmm there is some problem here. Ok guys gather round. what do we do?’

However, absolutely unplayable is not a fact.
People still plays it after the nerf.
See where I’m getting at?

And when a mechanic gets tweak, not one person is responsible for the idea. There will be developers in the team who goes “hang on but why don’t we just do this instead’ and developers who goes ‘nah let’s do it this way.”

So you can be certain that they’re not just blind nerfing classes.

Did Thief have only one viable build/weaponset for the last several months? No. The Ele? Yup.

Does Thief have defensive mechanics integral to the class? Yup (Stealth, lots of blinds, etc.). The Ele? Nope.

And from all accounts, the balance team is two people, one plays a Warrior, the other a Thief. See where this is going?

I also never said “absolutely unplayable.” Obviously I can still log in and kill Risen in Orr, but being a loot pinata for others in WvWvW is not my idea of fun.

Obviously, given the huge number of smaller and more elegant balance tweaks suggested by players, the deer in the headlights look during the SOTG when an interviewer pointed out to the devs how devastating the intended changes were to Staff Eles (despite their contention that it was all about nerfing bunker), yes, they are in fact nerfing things with no clue as to the impact on game balance.

Looked up “hyperbole” yet?

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wildclaw.6073

Wildclaw.6073

You post troll post? You get troll response.
You won’t care? Kthx bye.
I’d like to spent my time discussing classes with more rationale individuals instead.

And the troll of the month goes to…

This guy.

Edit: Edited to make reference more clear

(edited by Wildclaw.6073)

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

deek.6520

Well to be honest the post was kind of just to see what kind of response i would get out of you . . . i didn’t quiet know how to take you i didn’t want to jump on the wagon of ahhh hes just a troll; then coupled with your mass response to every thread that even hints towards a negative thought about the ele added to your belief that this dax person is the only one whose opinion matters

You post troll post? You get troll response.
You won’t care? Kthx bye.
I’d like to spent my time discussing classes with more rationale individuals instead.

And the troll of the month goes to…

This guy.

I don’t know if he’s talking to me or the other guy perhaps that’s why nobody has replied hey wildclaw could you go into detail

you can’t very well give a reward without properly giving a name

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

Biggest troll is anet..40 sec main mobility in s/d.
Im not gonna ever leave the mists and spvp..The more open is the area the more useless i feel.Im not gonna melee in a XvsX fight were 1<X<6 knowing that a random dodge in my engaging or catching up if you want move means i wont be able to either disengage OR catch up with them after they use their mobility skills for
40 sec
40 SEC

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

deek.6520

I don’t know all the fancy terminology for the game which is why when i ask questions i tend to keep them simple like “if im traveling solo and run into 2 enemies will i be able to fend for myself”

I think its a perfectly valid question Im not saying over power them but i’d like to be able to at least make a decent retreat without the majority of my hp being gone

I would love to travel in groups but last time i played it was sooo hard to find anyone to party with -.- I tried reviving someone and they said “I didn’t need your help”
which baffled me because the guy was just there on the ground for a great deal of time -.-

p.s. if you think like showatt and feel the need to leave post that in no way help keep it moving

(edited by deek.6520)

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Oh my lord. I can’t bear the QQ about eles being OP, it’s ridiculous. First it was thieves, now it’s eles.

I’ve never had any particular problems with eles being too tough, and I’m surprised people still think they’re “OP”. Ok, so maybe RTL did need a slightly longer cooldown for how good it was (not 40 sec though). Outside of that, I think that the class was fine as it was and all the QQers just need to chill out.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

(edited by Arganthium.5638)

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

1- Mistform
Over-Balance aside, Mist-form is now totally broken for the following unique reason:
It stops incoming damage but doesn’t stops conditions. If you are stacked with bleeding a fraction of a second before entering mist form you are stuck losing health for 3 seconds without being able to heal or remove conditions. Therefore Mist-form becomes a death-trap, not helping but placing you in a situation where you see your health fall down and cant do anything about it.
What a mess.

2- Ride the lightning
It’s now broken, not just from a balance perspective but it glitches as well: when the spell is over you have to repress the arrow key on your keyboard else you stop moving. Find another game on the market where holding the up arrow key does not move your character forward….

So, my verdict after complaining, testing, trying builds in PvE and WvW is:
Overall patch = Great
Elementist balancing = total failure which will have grave repercussions on the gameplay and balance of that class.

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Look at Excala’s recent videos. He shows Ele tactics and even in those videos he wasn’t killing anyone really. That is not saying that Eles can’t kill people at times. But the truth of the matter is that Eles pre patch weren’t some god where they bunker and just kill everyone. Excala really shows how you can maximize an Ele’s defenses by using the environment since Eles have access to PbAoE. This is a fact that makes the ele strong and unique at the same time. Also, Excala in his post stated that he used items like hylek potion along with staff/scepter to buff himself before a fight to have an extra edge. On top of that, Excala is using a build that requires a specific type of food to remove mobility based conditions faster like chill and cripple. If Ele are indeed OP would Excala need to go to such lengths on his Ele? The truth is that Eles are strong, they aren’t OP and they aren’t weak or useless in different game modes like other professions (ranger, engi). If you read Excala’s thread this is what you get out of it.

The only thing that was close to OP a while ago was a specific flavor of s/d bunker Ele build in s/tPvP besides that Eles are as strong as Mesmers, Thieves, and Guardians are in WvW.

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Arcane shield still needs to be looked at.
Now that mist form is not broken anymore, Arcane shield is as overpowered as it ever was. (But now people are actually gonna be using it instead of Mist form.)

ArenaNet’s really bad at balancing imo; they could have just nerfed everything in one go but no they gotta do it step by step like some toddler learning to walk. Really disappointed.

So an Elementalist is so OP in a dungeon that needs more nerfs while the amazingly UP Warrior/Guardian which are garbage in dungeons need buffs right?

These people who never think before posting are so annoying…

Are we balanced yet

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

No we’re not. With the recent addition of anti-boon skills, staff has finally reached the point where it became unplayable. Staff eles needed those boons, still do and even if they wouldn’t be required, we can’t ditch them because there’s no ele build without boons.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.