Achievement: Blobs, Schmobs

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spellwork.7285

Spellwork.7285

Alright, I give up.
I’ve tried the fiery greatsword condition method with spamming 2. I think they patched it, he still spawns mobs.

I’ve tried a full defence S/F build.

I’ve tried a S/F burst build.

I can’t do it. Do NOT think it’s possible on en ele. I just take way too much damage and he randomly heals back up…
Anyone manage it yet?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

What do you mean by full defence S/F build?

I personally used this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJArNhMMKbW0wnZABAL8CIAUEHHD2BJxSxBA-TVROwAjU+NQ9HA7PQUPgMlgkCAmpRA-w

S/F

- camping in earth and spam 1 at subject
- you inflict bleed, burn and blind by just spamming 1
- you are quite tanky because you cannot be critically hit
- extra dodges with the arcana trait
- even more burn with the glyph and signet

as you can see, its a very weird build, only for this purpose. what I basically did was just put on the condi food and traits like this because I didn’t want to waste money on a condition set. If you have a condition set then it’s gonna be even easier to kill it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spellwork.7285

Spellwork.7285

Full defence meaning I speced into “Final shielding” for arcane and the earth armour talent with full water heals.
But thank you SO much for this build! I’m ganna try it out. Seriously, I just wanna finish them all!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

Thank you very much, this build works like a charm for this achievment. I used Radiation Field and D-Series Golem as well to help mitigate damage and reduce healing the boss receives.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aphrodesiac.2913

Aphrodesiac.2913

I got when my groups would hit it too much and they all would die but I wouldn’t. I think it’s like right before the max or something though. I run 0/0/2/6/6 full cleric/toughness though so I can just heal and mist form through it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MasterSteve.4793

MasterSteve.4793

Ugh i’ve tried it 10+ times now in that exact build up there and it just isn’t possible, I have gotten extremely close twice while in the downed state, he is possible 1 hit away but he heals before I can land the final blow. I’ve been trying but the dodges are hardly helpful, all they end up doing is not letting me spam scepter earth 1. I even went as far as buying an apothercary set for more condition damage and still nothing. Is there something I’m missing? As for the glyph, I don’t understand how that is supposed to help since you’re staying in earth the whole time, I’ve switched to air for swirling winds a few times but never fire simply because it is a 1/4 chance of applying the burn which might not even apply the blind. Any of you guys have any other suggestions?

in Elementalist

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

try switching out fire III for fire I. you will probably keep him burned pretty often anyway, so you’ll only lose a small portion of you DPS there.

then, when you’re about to die, make sure you do it on top of him. The font plus your 33% damage increase should easily kill him if you’re getting that close. I highly doubt the font would do enough damage to kill one of the other oozes before you kill subject 7.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aphrodesiac.2913

Aphrodesiac.2913

If it’s just about surviving and you already have a cleric set or any other semi tanky set laying around, sit in fire until it happens, swap to water, mist form 2-3 of the hits and you’ll live.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Muppetman.9871

Muppetman.9871

Thanks a million Kraljevom, worked like a charm.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

glyph of elemental power while in air provides near permanent weakness up-time on foe, Add in couple auras + elemental shielding and runes of the grove for good protection up time, That basically reduces incoming damage by well over 50% total.
As for the healing, sigil of doom for again near perma poison up-time.

But I have no idea what achievement you’re talking about…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Salocin.2783

Salocin.2783

I’ve done it using S/F with 04046 and mainly zerker. I used some earth 1, air 1, air elemental and the lava axe. It took me several tries, but it can be done.