Add an Aura-Gain Effect to Written in Stone

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Since ANet wanted to condense all Skill-Type traits into a single trait as much as possible, they ended up removing Fire’s Embrace (gain a Fire Aura when you use a Signet).

My suggestion is this – add the effect of Aura-Gain to Written in Stone (the Earth Grandmaster Signet trait that now currently exists, which grants Signet CDR and retains the passive of Signets even when they are activated). There are a few ways you could do this. It could be something like:

• “Gain an aura based on your attunement when you activate a Signet”.
  • “Gain an aura based on the Signet when you activate its active.”
  • “Gain a Magnetic Aura when you activate a Signet.”

I think any of these would be a really great way to make Signet builds viable.

(edited by Neko.9021)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Aura mechanic currently is like hit me and then foe it reacts. It isn’t something that we really like to happen < being hit by foes >, but it will anyway happen. So it would be good if we can persuade enemies to attack us when we we want it, to control situation. I would add taunt if you apply aura 30s cd. Then we would use magnetic shield when enemy change to ranged and shocking when they meele. That taunt I would suggest to add to Shooting Power – it suits there cuz it is sustain trait and we will for sure get hit after using taunt.

Vote for your suggestion number 2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I love the idea of 1 or 2, 3 wouldn’t be fun to play against at all. For balancing purposes; #2 would likely be the best bet.

Fire = Fire aura
Water = Frost Aura
Air = Static aura
Earth = Magnetic Aura
Restoration = Light Aura

4 sec on activation.

Would be absolutely glorious, but not likely to happen(((

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Elementalist

Mem no Fushia.7604

I love the idea of 1 or 2, 3 wouldn’t be fun to play against at all. For balancing purposes; #2 would likely be the best bet.

Fire = Fire aura
Water = Frost Aura
Air = Static aura
Earth = Magnetic Aura
Restoration = Light Aura

4 sec on activation.

Yes, restoration for light aura for retalitation. I have one armor set with runes of radiance. I would realy enjoy to have it ing.

in Elementalist

ronpierce.2760

Fire = Fire aura
Water = Frost Aura
Air = Static aura
Earth = Magnetic Aura
Restoration = Light Aura

4 sec on activation.

Yes, restoration for light aura for retalitation. I have one armor set with runes of radiance. I would realy enjoy to have it ing.

I couldn’t think of another aura to put there, Chaos made less sense. Maybe they could just double up on the frost aura? Sorry working with limited resources here. :P

in Elementalist

Mem no Fushia.7604

Fire = Fire aura
Water = Frost Aura
Air = Static aura
Earth = Magnetic Aura
Restoration = Light Aura

4 sec on activation.

I couldn’t think of another aura to put there, Chaos made less sense. Maybe they could just double up on the frost aura? Sorry working with limited resources here. :P

Actualy it fits if we gonna share the most suited aura to each signet. I quoted just becouse I forgot about signet of restoration and you remembered me it. Water aura would fit more. Heal around whenever struck. But they won’t implement new aura like water aura, probably.

in Elementalist

ronpierce.2760

Fire = Fire aura
Water = Frost Aura
Air = Static aura
Earth = Magnetic Aura
Restoration = Light Aura

4 sec on activation.

Actualy it fits if we gonna share the most suited aura to each signet. I quoted just becouse I forgot about signet of restoration and you remembered me it. Water aura would fit more. Heal around whenever struck. But they won’t implement new aura like water aura, probably.

Yeah, I’d be ALL for new auras, but it’s just not likely I still hope they do this for this trait.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

Honestly 4 Sec Magnetic Aura on a 20 Sec cd no matter what sigent or attunement would make me super happy bc range pressure is crazy in WvW right now.

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pyrefli.5927

Pyrefli.5927

I would be happy with Fire’s Embrace back in any form, if not as part of Written In Stone, then as another trait.

To be explicit, I used to run a signet build with Fire’s Embrace to pop up an aura every few seconds, and Elemental Shielding to gain 3 seconds of protection with every aura. Add in Written In Stone so that I don’t lose the passive gain in, say, toughness when I activate a signet, and my dagger-dagger elementalist can actually survive melee combat. I was just getting excited about having enough points to get Powerful Aura as well to spread some auras to my allies, but now I lose a crucial link to my build. The conjure builds are getting the auras now, but at a much lower frequency. I don’t see the signets builds as viable any more.

Other than just whining about what I used to have, here’s an analysis of the level of synergy of different builds. There is 1 trait on conjure skills (plus 4 more traits that can trigger as secondary effects), 2 on cantrips (plus 2 more traits as potential secondary effects), 1 trait on arcane skills (plus some potential secondary effects), and 1 on glyphs (plus potential secondary effects). However, there is only 1 trait on signets, with no possible secondary effects. Strong as Written In Stone is, you can’t make a build on 1 trait alone with no synergy with other skills or traits. Anet, please consider adding Fire’s Embrace back in some form to make this more balanced.

in Elementalist

Posted by: gandlethorpe.2641

gandlethorpe.2641

This would encourage people to use elementalist utilities that aren’t cantrips, so the ANet balance team won’t do it.

I mean, there must be a reason why they deliberately got rid of Fire’s Embrace.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

You guys all complain about signet, i’m running a 3signet build and wreck almost everything ……

Anyway!
This suggestion is beyond OP, wont ever happen (especially for ele … if it was engi, then maybe ^^)

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Mem no Fushia.7604

You guys all complain about signet, i’m running a 3signet build and wreck almost everything ……

Anyway!
This suggestion is beyond OP, wont ever happen (especially for ele … if it was engi, then maybe ^^)

Recall our profession to Engineer of Elements. 1s aura poping when signet just for elemental shielding and zephyr boon, yes it would be interesting.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pyrefli.5927

Pyrefli.5927

The suggested build is not beyond overpowering. That was what we had before this update, and if it had been overpowering, we would have seen a lot more elementalists with this build. Besides, Anet just moved the aura-generating functionality over to Conjure builds.

Cramming a lot of functionality into a single trait may make it unbalanced compared to other traits, and I am perfectly happy to spend more than one trait point to achieve this build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Alternatively, they could also add an aura gain effect to Powerful Aura, it’s pretty worthless with how few auras we can proc now. Plus putting it in the water tree would spread the build out more to make your third tree a very valuable choice and lessen the risk of overpowered combinations.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Do you know how overpowered Air Signet would be with that?

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

ronpierce.2760

So have it shorter, like 2-3 seconds. nbd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

So have it shorter, like 2-3 seconds. nbd.

Or just put an ICD on it, like 90% of the new traits already seem to have.