Advice about lvl 80 gear

Advice about lvl 80 gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: saikodan.6721

saikodan.6721

hi everyone, I have a question about lvl 80 armor
i’m looking for the best set for an elementalist.
I have a staff and I want my main focus to be about dmg and healing
but I’m not sure which set I should choose
I was thinking about the carrion rare(later exotic set) or maybe something with power+healing
but I’m not sure what’s the best for me(pretty new in this whole deal)
any pointers will help
thanks.

Advice about lvl 80 gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

Don’t get carrion.

Advice about lvl 80 gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Seems to me that staff heals (apart from regeneration) doesn’t scale too well with + healing power. I’m no PvE expert but isn’t everyone there running zerker?

Advice about lvl 80 gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

You get so little value from healing stats, its not worth it. I tried using cleric’s armor and it took forever to kill stuff and the team support wasn’t all that much better. Only thing I miss from that gear is that Ether Renewal was guaranteed to bring me back to full hp which is great when used with Diamond Skin.

What I do now is keep a staff with healing stats and a sigil of life on it in my inventory. Switch to that and the extra healing is enough to support well and you don’t have to screw up your armor. Keeping one staff with healing stats and sigil of life is really all you need to do. If you don’t want to even do that heal with the Frost Bow, it boosts your healing stats and does a great job of healing.

If the players in your group are smart enough to use blast finishers on your water fields you won’t need even a point of healing power.

tldr: healing scales bad with healing stat.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

Advice about lvl 80 gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: saikodan.6721

saikodan.6721

thanks everyone.
so not the carrion, than what?
berserker set?
or maybe focus on power+toughness?
i’m a bit lost, but I wanna maximize my abilities in pve, and im not sure which set would do that.

Advice about lvl 80 gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Yes berserker set

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Advice about lvl 80 gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

You could also do a mix of zerker + valkyrie – either way you will get 1 shot- but atleast with valk it may take 2 shots instead (sarcasm)

I run valk & zerk on my ele; works like a charm & I don’t use a staff normally unless needed since most pve fights don’t require range. But when I do switch to staff it’s beautiful

Advice about lvl 80 gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: HallusH.3987

HallusH.3987

wait until after the patch no point to invest now in anything not even exotics.