Aggro mechanic and eles

Aggro mechanic and eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Anyone figure this out yet? my entire group wears identical stats of berserker gear. only other thing i can think of that’s different is i have 10 on earth and it gives me 100 more toughness.

And why is toughness a factor? why not overall armor instead? it makes more sense this way

I’m always the one singled out in terms of aggro.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Aggro mechanic and eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

For some reason when farming aether-pirates from living-world, despite the fact that there are propably over 100 poeple farming champions at the same spot, I tend to always get aggro from those caster-mobs that chanel this electric beam just like Scepter-Air-Autohit. Only way to avoid it is to play with staff at max-range. It’s kinda wierd.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

Aggro mechanic and eles

in Elementalist

Bread.7516

k, so i took out 10 on earth, i pretty much have base toughness as with all in our party. CoE golem boss > i wait a bit before going in > i dial down dps and not do the combo in quick succession > guess who’s target #1 the whole fight? yeah, the ele.

imo i think something needs to be looked at in terms of aggro for eles

Aggro mechanic and eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alphard.6529

Alphard.6529

Yeah I’ve noticed this in the Swamp fractal – the Mossman always targets me when I’m on my ele (even as a staff ele at max range).

[KING] Alpha Cas

Aggro mechanic and eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

noticed this in CoE and Fractals in general, im not kidding you when I tell you that my entire premade always has me running around not doing much because most of the fight the bosses go for me regardless of what I do……. back when the mobs in Giant fractal could show the /point it would ALWAYS be me, even if I was at the back. Lupicus ALWAYS goes for me until Im dead in second phase. It doesnt matter if I only attacked once, he will go for me. My guild always laugh at it but Im sad because I have to pay the zhaitan shard swith my body and repair gold :C

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Aggro mechanic and eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

The Aetherblade Striker thing happens to me on my mesmer too. Easily the most overpowered world mob in the game. :P But since it only takes one veteran to obliterate you, I dunno if that’s it.

On a more serious note, noticed this even on my Ele I am still levelling in group fights. It’s very easy to get singled out.

Aggro mechanic and eles

in Elementalist

Bread.7516

noticed this in CoE and Fractals in general, im not kidding you when I tell you that my entire premade always has me running around not doing much because most of the fight the bosses go for me regardless of what I do……. back when the mobs in Giant fractal could show the /point it would ALWAYS be me, even if I was at the back. Lupicus ALWAYS goes for me until Im dead in second phase. It doesnt matter if I only attacked once, he will go for me. My guild always laugh at it but Im sad because I have to pay the zhaitan shard swith my body and repair gold :C

A tip for CoE golem boss, have your friends (Warriors) use mace 5 when they see it, mesmers and guards do reflects.

For yourself, sometimes u just cant dodge because of the ring, bring arcane shield. And if you’re using lightning hammer conjure, use your own #3 for CC.

For Lupi, phase 1 > basically just dodge grubs and the kick, you’ll get the hang of it.
phase 2> dodge the swipe, mes pretty much handles phase 2 with reflects.
phase 3> this is going to suck if you’re rolling pure DPS and aggro is on you. my utility for this fight is usually [Armor of Earth][Lightning Hammer][Lightning Flash].

Armor of Earth for stability to get out of bubbles (not ideal because of cd but dnt knw what else to use) use mistform instead if you’re not a conjure ele.

Lightning flash to get out of whatever, it’s versatile.

I’m trying to do away with armor of earth since it means 10% less crit dmg for me. Recently on phase 3 I haven;t been moving as much so i don;t get bubbled often, not sure if bubble triggers when you move too much or something.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Aggro mechanic and eles

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

For lupi I have been taking my guard which takes considerably less aggro, though I feel like Im cheating when Im using said gained tokens to buy my ele stuff (sort of like I show off Liadri on my ele when it was my guard who defeated her, my guard is my slave of effectiveness and my ele is ripping the benefices….lol)

Legendary SoloQ

Aggro mechanic and eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Supposedly the aggro mechanics differ per npc. You may be the target in one fight and never in another.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Aggro mechanic and eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Helix.4183

Helix.4183

I have definitely noticed that even if I get to a mob late and it’s at less than half health, as soon as I hit it it turns on me basically immediately.

It’s pretty bizarre.

Aggro mechanic and eles

in Elementalist

Bread.7516

For lupi I have been taking my guard which takes considerably less aggro, though I feel like Im cheating when Im using said gained tokens to buy my ele stuff (sort of like I show off Liadri on my ele when it was my guard who defeated her, my guard is my slave of effectiveness and my ele is ripping the benefices….lol)

I encourage you to push your limits and try out stepping away from your comfort zone. By doing that it helped me play better.

Here’s one of our simple arah p3 runs, it’s definitely one of our longest/worst ones (thus the title arahahaha). We pretty much do this daily and we sometimes just go on casual mode.
Arahahaha P3
Lupi Part

But basically that’s how i’ve been playing ele for arah and lupi.

starting the lupi fight, i didnt immediately nuke to take away some aggro and watch out if he kicks immediately. Phase 3 i tried moving around less and just being stationary if nothing is hitting me.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Aggro mechanic and eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: floppypuppy.5789

floppypuppy.5789

FWIW:

When pve leveling my ele (solo) I would frequently browse the renown heart vendors for gear. Regularly mobs fighting players nearby would spontaneously aggro on me until dead, even though I was never in a party and mob spawned after I started talking to the vendor.

This has never happened even once to my guard or mesmer. I suspect the aggro mechanic in this game is not “honest”.

Aggro mechanic and eles

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

I encourage you to push your limits and try out stepping away from your comfort zone. By doing that it helped me play better.

Here’s one of our simple arah p3 runs, it’s definitely one of our longest/worst ones (thus the title arahahaha). We pretty much do this daily and we sometimes just go on casual mode.
Arahahaha P3
Lupi Part

starting the lupi fight, i didnt immediately nuke to take away some aggro and watch out if he kicks immediately. Phase 3 i tried moving around less and just being stationary if nothing is hitting me.

im gonna try that!

Just out of curiosity, what are your traits, runes, stats?

Are you using Scholar or Ogre? I have been using Ogre lately since I cant seem to be able to stay above 90% hp when everything is targeting me. I have been using 3020/0/0/20 staff but I might give the conjures a try given how high the damage I saw there

Legendary SoloQ

Aggro mechanic and eles

in Elementalist

Bread.7516

Arahahaha P3
Lupi Part

im gonna try that!

Just out of curiosity, what are your traits, runes, stats?

Are you using Scholar or Ogre? I have been using Ogre lately since I cant seem to be able to stay above 90% hp when everything is targeting me. I have been using 3020/0/0/20 staff but I might give the conjures a try given how high the damage I saw there

pretty typical s/d 30/20/10/10/0 all directed to damage with scholar runes, but i used ruby when i first created my ele just to feel it out before committing to scholars.

If your party is good on fury (100% up time) and lacking in vuln then i think it’s better to use 25/25/10/10/0

just to add: in my experience a lot of my survivability will relies on your mes and team on positioning and feedbacks during the run

(edited by Bread.7516)