in Elementalist

Posted by: Aigoo.8201

Aigoo.8201

Aigoo – R36 – Elementalist S/D – Tournament – PvP Gameplay Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Why do scepter eles get away with so much Tooth/Phoenix off of updraft when it is possible to dodge out of the combo? Not to mention it’s so easy to see it coming.. You didn’t even use immobilize on them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kat.5982

Kat.5982

Looks interesting. I think I’ll have to give S/D a try. I always thought scepter was pretty bad in pvp due to the delays on your primary abilities, but it looks like you’re making it work.

It kind of looked like the build was only really effective when you were being aggressed upon. Do you have trouble going on the offensive and running people down?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Buchfink.8613

Buchfink.8613

Why did you attack the summoned hammer when fighting the guardian?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

You do a pretty good job but…..

your opponents were mostly horrible. Too many backpeddlers and people who dont know what they’re doing.

in Elementalist

Aigoo.8201

Updraft stun doesnt end before dragontooth + pheonix hits… there is no opportunity to roll out of it and therefore there is no need to immobilize. The immobilize is only needed if you want to follow up with an earthquake or something after the DT + Pheonix. Only way to avoid an updraft combo (once the updraft hits) is with a stun break. If your unable to land this every time then your not casting DT soon enough. **Note: Even when someone stands up from the updraft knockdown they are still suffering from the stun for a short period of time.

As for killing the hammer first, killing a gaurdian with that hammer active is very difficult because it hinders your DPS (the constant stuns).

As for chasing people down, S/D eles are amazing at this but the truth is a 1v1 ele using a balanced build like one I use in the video doesn’t melt people. It usualy takes some time to wear someone down in a 1v1. On the same note its usually impossible for anyone to kill me 1v1. This build is more about teamwork (might stacking and stun combos) and mobility but as you see in the video it is still possible to win 1v1s quickly if you land things just right and get a nice critical here or there.

@ Kuthos, most of the video is me in solo ques. Both my opponents and allies are of various skill levels.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

Ah solo queue makes sense.

Well you do a good job with scepter, I just don’t like it all that much.

Have you ran into a guardian build that puts out pretty decent dps but has crazy healing? I’m not sure what build it is, I’ve been trying ot figure it out. It’s the one time I’ve been beaten by a guardian. I’d get them down to below 20% health numerous times and they just heal back up to full it seems like.

Granted it was WvW so I can just run away easily enough, but I was curious if if you had experienced a build like that from guardians.

in Elementalist

Aigoo.8201

My experience is that Guardians are difficult for pretty much every class except necro and certain mesmer builds. Generally speaking it takes all of your cooldowns to get them low life and you will usually run out of gas before you can seal the deal.

My advice to winning ele vs guardian is to be patient and save everything for when you can drop them down to around 40% life without using your cooldowns then burn everything into them at once and hope for a fire grab crit. Unfortuneately most good guardians wont get to 40% life unless you start using cooldowns. A good tactic is to let the Guardian damage you so they have something other than tanking to think about because if they focus on nothing but survival its nearly impossible to down them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Buchfink.8613

Buchfink.8613

Do you think stability is a must for fights against guardians?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

If you use valks amulet instead of berserkers you will win much more 1v1s kitten D ele I have found. The extra healing power a long with 15-30 points in water makes your sustain much higher.

in Elementalist

Leuca.5732

No, it’s definitely avoidable after updraft; you can test this by using it on the running golem tester in heart of the mists. It will begin running the moment before tooth lands. You must be facing people who do not know this, are out of endurance, or both.

(edited by Leuca.5732)

in Elementalist

Aigoo.8201

If you would like to get in game and watch me do it to the running golem 100% of the time on my server let me know…I’m on “Henge of Den Ravi”. PM me on forums as I’ll be in a dota2 match but I will respond ASAP.

Surely someone else reading this can assist me in prooving this point…

in Elementalist

Posted by: EatThisShoe.5136

EatThisShoe.5136

I just gave it a shot on the golem. I was queuing Dragon’s Tooth before Updraft even finished its animation and the golem still had time to start moving, it was pretty clear as he would change his facing after getting up. The window is pretty small though, it might be best to actually try it on a player.

in Elementalist

Leuca.5732

I actually have tested this with another player. We actually tried on each other to make sure we were not lagging.