Air Dagger #5 - is there a trick to always jump forward?

in Elementalist

Posted by: cmdrfrog.7641

cmdrfrog.7641

Q:

Hello, I love air D/D for leveling because you can move so much faster from point to point. RTL is great (though its bug ridden!) but the #5 skill which grants swiftness is kind of counter productive because it makes you leap backward. Sometimes I can make it leap forward instead such as when an enemy is right behind me, or if i dodge roll forward and time it just right. However If there is a tip on how to make it dodge forward or sideways consistently i’d appreciate it. Thanks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arc.9374

Arc.9374

A:

It jumps directly away from your target, so simply target something as you move past it and use it when they’re behind you.

Potaters!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

What arc said.

My general trick is to target something off in the distance, ride the lightning, roll through them, then press 5. If done right I’ve covered a large distance, dodged any attack they had, and now given myself swiftness to keep going.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NdranC.5107

NdranC.5107

This is slightly more complicated, but if you get used to it, you can turn the camera 180 degrees press “S” or walk backwards for less than a second and use updraft, then return your camera back to normal (all of this is done by holding right mouse button). I had a similar skill in another game (backwards blink) and i got used to do it that way, it’s pretty fast and doesn’t rely on having a mob available.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

This is slightly more complicated, but if you get used to it, you can turn the camera 180 degrees press “S” or walk backwards for less than a second and use updraft, then return your camera back to normal (all of this is done by holding right mouse button). I had a similar skill in another game (backwards blink) and i got used to do it that way, it’s pretty fast and doesn’t rely on having a mob available.

you can set a button to about face. I know I did that for X (because that’s what it was in gw1) it helps.