in Elementalist

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

I like it a lot.

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I most certainly do not. It looks terrible. Old version was way cooler.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: International.7980

International.7980

I wanted mine with wings

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

I find it hilarious

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Hate it. Previous version looked like an Air elemental, not a Lightning Crab Elemental. Don’t know whose bright idea was this, especially since it is a waste of time better used elsewhere.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

It’s a great change. Anet saw that the demand was there for air elementals to look like crabs, and it’s a demand they weren’t afraid to fill.

I’m hoping the next change is making earth elementals more donkeylike. Been wanting an MMO to step up on that one for years.

(edited by Minion of Vey.4398)

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Attachment was my reaction.

Attachments:

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

pics for those away from the game? holds out bowl

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Characterfillerspacelimitthing.

Attachments:

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Thanks.

wow. that’s really ridiculous.

did anyone like…request this? how did this happen?

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kalendil Istarion.4103

Kalendil Istarion.4103

I also dislike the new air elementalist skin. It looks like a creepy lighting bug not a cool lighting orb like before.
I could understand wings and tail if the look was a cloudy creature but not a lighting one.
I bought the air elemenal mini pet because of its look. I enjoyed having the three elementals near my character. I was collecting karma to buy orrian chest to try to get the charged potion. Now I think I spend it in other things.

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: newzac.5783

newzac.5783

Definitely not what I expected when I heard legs and tail — I thought it would be a full redesign, not the orb with extra little bolts coming out of it.

I’d venture to guess they changed it because it was pretty difficult to see (and therefore target) in PvP/WvW, so people weren’t having a “fair chance” to take it down like with other elementals, and the stun can be brutal when it comes out of thin… air (see what I did there?). I main an ele and I’ve still been sneaked up on by a few air elementals.

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I love it. I found the old design about as boring as you can get (a floating ball… ooh, real imaginitive) so I think this one has a lot more flavor to it.

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

when i spawned one at first i thought it was sitting on a bed of lightning discharges, which looked cool from that angle, then it moved and i never summoned it again

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: RobinInSeoul.4150

RobinInSeoul.4150

I like it – it gives him personality.

“Always be yourself . . . unless you suck.”

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I have renamed him to spider-mental due to his super sexy spider legs.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

the other eles look like sentient things, i like the consistency

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I think it needs a lightning net/web attack. That would be sweet.

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

I liked the floating ball, it made it seem like it was floating on air. Looks kinda crap now.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Skyblue.9358

Skyblue.9358

WTH! Who ever request this change? Now it look like a spider, or crab? Now it only move on earth instead of the air….no more floating feelings…..i love my cute floating ball

Winter Skyblue, Elementalist, Kaineng

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: soistheman.7208

soistheman.7208

i don’t like the new look

Elementalist lover since GW1. It’s the only profession I play!

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheBlueI.3486

TheBlueI.3486

I hate it. The spider-like walking animation and the scorpion tail make no sense to me.

Would have been nice if the flashes (legs and tail) would circle around the orb that still floats.

There are at least 2 other threads that already discuss this change. I would say 50% like it 50% don’t.

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xriah.5743

Xriah.5743

I neither like it or dislike it. The original graphic was fine as it was. What was the point of changing it?

Stop doing tasks that have already been done and go fix the hundreds of other issues this game has.

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Clearly air elementals need legs – er….what?

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

I love it so much that I bought the Air Elemental minipet.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Then again, I must admit that I like how they’re trying something different.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

I would have preferred wings, personally.

Thanks.

wow. that’s really ridiculous.

did anyone like…request this? how did this happen?

Probably some bored artists. They also made unnecessary changes to the T3 Asuran light armor and made it look arguably worse. Now if only they’d devote their resources towards useful changes like finding a way to tone down spell effects.

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Burrid.4739

Burrid.4739

Hate it. Previous version looked like an Air elemental, not a Lightning Crab Elemental. Don’t know whose bright idea was this, especially since it is a waste of time better used elsewhere.

I like it.

Why does it need to look like air? Would you rather have a fire as a fire elemental, a piece of ice or a rock as ice or earth elemental?

(edited by Burrid.4739)

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

I want it to be invisible like air.. I like it though.

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

I like it.

Why does it need to look like air? Would you rather have a fire as a fire elemental, a piece of ice or a rock as ice or earth elemental?

Because it is an Air elemental? Fire elemental looks like a fire elemental, Earth is animated rock, Water is animated ice and Air is an animated lightning crab.

There is literally a ton of ways to make the old orb have more character without turning it into a crustacean. Would you like to have the Earth elemental look like an Eagle made of rock? This makes as much sense.

They did it this way because it was the quickest. It’s a slap-job. No new animations, no new models, they just reused what they already had and glued it together. As I said, lazy, unnecessary, and the results are sub-par.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

(edited by Gaudrath.6725)

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Burrid.4739

Burrid.4739

I like it.

Because it is an Air elemental? Fire elemental looks like a fire elemental, Earth is animated rock, Water is animated ice and Air is an animated lightning crab.

There is literally a ton of ways to make the old orb have more character without turning it into a crustacean. Would you like to have the Earth elemental look like an Eagle made of rock? This makes as much sense.

They did it this way because it was the quickest. It’s a slap-job. No new animations, no new models, they just reused what they already had and glued it together. As I said, lazy, unnecessary, and the results are sub-par.

I fail to see your connection.
It is more like a lightning scorpion, than a crustacean. And that’s more comprehensible as scorpions attack lightning fast. It is indeed a quick job, but it looks better than an orb.

It would be nicer if they followed the general trend of man like elementals, to make a tornado/storm humanoid. Like this: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121030021112/elderscrolls/images/2/22/TESV_Storm_Atronach_2.png

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nohjo.5134

Nohjo.5134

I like it. Like someone else said, it gives it some personality.

Sam Kaldwin (Revenant)

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Its horrible. It was a lazy job.

When the -fire- elemental floats more and has more airlike qualities than the air elemental, there is a problem.

Make a humanoid elemental made of clouds with lightning pulsing through it.. and make sure it -floats-. Yah know, like air.

If this was a power outlet elemental they hit it dead on. Problem is that it is not.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I miss the old one. The electric bug doesn’t cut it for me. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Cloudian_-_Ghost_Fog even something like that would have been better.

Air Elemental

in Elementalist

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

It looked much better when it was floating in the air. It’s called AIR elemental, right?