Air Trait line FAIL

Air Trait line FAIL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sind Bowdragon.8374

Sind Bowdragon.8374

Ok I like the new trait system. Maybe simply because its something new.

I’m at a loss for words, on how some the trait lines were put together though.

You put “Zephyr’s Speed: 25% speed increase while in air attunment” as the first trait. Awesome. So WHY would you then put “One with Air: Gain movment speed for 3s”.

One with Air is nullified by the fact the I already have Zephyr’s speed on. Its a waste of perfectly good trait point.

I mean common if your going to do something put some kitten effort into it.

Sind Bowdragon
Stormbluff Isle
[TBT] The Black TowerS

Air Trait line FAIL

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

One with air gives you super speed which is a 50% movement speed increase that only lasts a short period of time, Zephyr’s speed is a 25% speed boost in air at all times, not just the first 3 seconds, which is equivalent to the boost provided by signet of air.

So they are two different levels of a speed boost, so I hope that clears up your confusion!

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Air Trait line FAIL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sind Bowdragon.8374

Sind Bowdragon.8374

I could find no where, that is say’s One with Air is 50% increase. Also you can’t increase your speed that high in the first place.

Lastly I’ve used the stopwatch on my phone for a 10sec strait run. I go the same distance without using One with Air as I do when its activated at the start. This means ether the skill is broken or its as I stated earlier useless because I already have my top speed by only using Zephyr’s speed.

Sind Bowdragon
Stormbluff Isle
[TBT] The Black TowerS

Air Trait line FAIL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Fresh air still has a cd

Ferocious winds is a conversion based on toughness

Much work to be done!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Air Trait line FAIL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Don’t take One with Air then. If you can’t know why it’s so crazy good, that’s your problem.

Alerie Despins

Air Trait line FAIL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

One With Air is a VERY strong trait. Super Speed gives you max movement speed while in combat, unlike Swiftness.

Air Trait line FAIL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

One With Air is a VERY strong trait. Super Speed gives you max movement speed while in combat, unlike Swiftness.

However, max movement speed in combat is 125%, which is the same with the 25% speed buff. The only benefit of One With Air is that it nullifies the slow effect of Chill/Cripple.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Air Trait line FAIL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

No it makes you run with out of combat speed on swiftness while in combat..Its far better than swiftness.And of course it nullifies slows.Its really really strong and a life saver with fresh air

Air Trait line FAIL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

You want to understand the difference between super speed and swiftness?

Do this:

1. Get a ranger.
2. Go to PVP.
3. Attack a practice golem to enter combat.
4. In combat pop call of the wild and move around.

After swiftness wears off.

5. Attack a pratice golem to enter combat.
6. In combat pop Quickning Zephyr (which now gives 6s super speed).

If you think you moved the same speed in combat with both you log out and unistall. No futher action necessary.

If you think you moved faster in combat with super speed you now understand the difference.

Edit: I suggest ranger because 6s gives you more time to “feel” the difference.

Air Trait line FAIL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Another option is the thief trait that grants super speed while in stealth. It makes a huge difference.

Air Trait line FAIL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Prism.5649

Prism.5649

Gotta love people who complain without even knowing what they are talking about…

In case it wasn’t made clear by the people above, here’s the difference between Superspeed and Swiftness:

- Superspeed makes you move at the maximum out of combat speed, regardless of Crippled/Chilled and combat status.
- Swiftness makes you move 33% faster, but when you are in combat you are capped at 125% movement speed, and you can still be affected by Crippled/Chilled.

Zephyr’s Boon has the same drawbacks as Swiftness.

If you honestly cannot see why Superspeed is vastly superior to Swiftness or Zephyr’s Boon then you really need to learn to play.

Prismatic Storm: Ele
Prismatic Science: Engi
Prismatic Dream: Mesmer

Air Trait line FAIL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I like how someone who doesn’t even know what superspeed is complaining about the traits.

Air Trait line FAIL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neomir.7493

Neomir.7493

They’ve put the Passive 25% there so you can change up your runes for WvW, if you choose to go into air you can substitute Traveler or Speed runes for anything, namely something with more power. Air line gives you rune freedom in WvW.

As for 25% movement speed vs Swiftness vs Superspeed…

Just try it, you’ll be amazed.

Air Trait line FAIL

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Fresh air still has a cd

Ferocious winds is a conversion based on toughness

Much work to be done!

anet accidently spent too much time making guardian godlike

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief