All berserker Ele in dungeons

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

Do we really have to discuss things over and over again in one single thread ? Why don’t you just use your scrollwheel.

There are things you should corner stack. The Slaver is not one of them.

No one ever said you should cornerstack him. This is a general statement. But for certain groups it’s better to do it this way. And certain does not mean 1 in 1000.

(edited by cursE.1794)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Fully organized groups doing speedruns (like you see in those videos) are almost playing an entirely different game than pug groups are. Yes, it is better to wear more offensive gear to get yourself ready for being in those kinds of groups, but if you dont know the behavior of every boss then there is nothing wrong with wearing some defensive gear. Believe me, 99.99% of players who yell at the top of their lungs about people having to be in zerk gear 24/7 would never ever notice if you are in their group and doing 8k dps in your mixed gear instead of 10k dps in full zerk.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

This is of course true but that door swings in two directions. How often will you notice that you take 15% less damage? When was the last time you had so little hp left that you know for sure that it was your mixed toughness gear that saved you? If you or your group do some major mistakes in a fight, three or four items with toughness and/or vit mixed in won’t save you either.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Fully organized groups doing speedruns (like you see in those videos) are almost playing an entirely different game than pug groups are. Yes, it is better to wear more offensive gear to get yourself ready for being in those kinds of groups, but if you dont know the behavior of every boss then there is nothing wrong with wearing some defensive gear. Believe me, 99.99% of players who yell at the top of their lungs about people having to be in zerk gear 24/7 would never ever notice if you are in their group and doing 8k dps in your mixed gear instead of 10k dps in full zerk.

Yep. I join full Zerk groups all the time. They ask for link to gear, I link them Zerker gear with same visuals as another suit of gear. Pretty nice and no one has ever figured out the difference. I was called out once for using S/D instead of Conjure Lightning Hammer but I explained it away as frustrated as too many noobs were picking up my hammer.

Not to say that I float on by and get carried or anything, only that no one realistically in game has any way of telling what you are spec’d or how much DPS you are doing so it’s far too easy to get away with it

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Yep. I join full Zerk groups all the time. They ask for link to gear, I link them Zerker gear with same visuals as another suit of gear. Pretty nice and no one has ever figured out the difference. I was called out once for using S/D instead of Conjure Lightning Hammer but I explained it away as frustrated as too many noobs were picking up my hammer.

Not to say that I float on by and get carried or anything, only that no one realistically in game has any way of telling what you are spec’d or how much DPS you are doing so it’s far too easy to get away with it

Ohh how wrong you are There are programs that will display your actual hp… they can very much call you out if they’re using one of those.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Please don’t be this embarrassing person https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/3rd-party-programm-overlay/first#content. You know what’s worse? What if you got caught in a stream, or recorded?

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

One of the stupidest things I’ve read in a long time. You will recognise the difference or at least that is what I did in today’s CoE pug run with a pretty inexperienced Ele. The Ele wasn’t giving any support nor playing his class the right way. Which is well the meta way, in this particular group – which was said in the LFG.
The damage is respectively lower since there isn’t any burst which will be recognised. Especially if the Ele does stupid things as casting water fields right before might stacking or things that just are, well kitten.

The funny thing is that you will get kicked most of the time for telling pugs how to play their class more efficient, or at least that is what happend to me.
Which I think is quite ridiculous..for example pulling a boss, losing its aggros – getting downed and downing the whole party, I saw that coming and went out of its hitbox – the group wiped – I was kicked for not helping them.
I don’t know where I was going with that point but well – it obviously is up to you how to play, but the next time in a party, your super tricky disguise as non zerker elementalist won’t work.

It probably wasn’t mentioned in this thread bit Ice storm is not a channeling skill, as far as I can relate.

Now to the OP…
It’s up to you how to play the Ele you don’t have to play like the current meta you could also experience and try new ways of playing any style you are interested in playing.
Actually mesmers are ‘better’ for the current meta time warp and feedback, curtain, enough said.

The trick for efficent dungeon runs is to know the mechanics of bosses and therefore adjusting/changing your traits. Which can only be achieved by playing the class often enough.
You should always change weapons as there is no ideal weapon for each boss encounter apart from playing in organised groups maybe, which isn’t the case in pug runs most of the time.
Also keep in mind that the Ele has tons of reflects/blocks projectiles on demand.

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

The whole “never been caught” thing should probably tip ya off on my results

Also if my biggest concern was getting caught or outed I probably wouldn’t be posting with my account name tied to it very easy to look up and ban or block. I mostly don’t run dungeons at this point so I stopped caring.

PS: Programs that view HP are a poor barometer for what gear you’re wearing.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I remember some old discussion with you Kodiak where you would say that as long as you seem to wave you arms around with some animation no one would be able to tell that you are not contributing to the output of the group.

Apparently you stopped caring now

But you should know that there are only very few stats combinations that reflect the gear you are wearing, therefore programs that view HP are actually very accurate on the type of gear/trait the the user has in his build.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

I don’t know where I was going with that point but well – it obviously is up to you how to play, but the next time in a party, your super tricky disguise as non zerker elementalist won’t work.

Part of the disguise is actually knowing what you’re doing.

I mean honestly you couldn’t make it to the first boss fight in most dungeons if people gather to stack might and you do something ridiculous like cast a water field.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

I remember some old discussion with you Kodiak where you would say that as long as you seem to wave you arms around with some animation no one would be able to tell that you are not contributing to the output of the group.

Apparently you stopped caring now

But you should know that there are only very few stats combinations that reflect the gear you are wearing, therefore programs that view HP are actually very accurate on the type of gear/trait the the user has in his build.

The glory days when you could go in full Clerics gear if you wanted and claimed you were #1 DPS they couldn’t prove it haha

There’s always been an element of know how to pull it off. You have to do most of the rotations in the right order and provide what people are more or less looking for (like Might Stacks). Long as you aren’t dead on the ground the entire fight and long as things more or less die very few people generally question it.

All depends on what you’re doing. Generally speaking very few people going to go full inquisition mode on you over Zerker gear over something simplistic like an Ascalon Catacombs path. Now high end fractals…

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Iris Ng.9845

Oh boy! So the former cheater thinks it is good to advise new people to cheat because he himself can’t get caught for not playing anyways. Do you think it’s a good advice? Or just come here to proudly brag about how you cheat?

A bit of side story I was reminded of a cheating scandal 5-6 years ago. A very bright PhD student faked her entire 4 years worth of thesis. It was so detailed and convincing that her talent which was put into deceit could have brought out an actually excellent work. So her cheat bought her fame; three articles on the most prestigious journal. Soon, it was found out. Her degree was forfeit; her boss and her department were put into investigation for improper work ethics. The girl's name went viral on every major university's talks in North America. Cheating is bad, even if it starts small. You never know if it becomes a habit and ruins you.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I am the inquisition. I pug a lot, even though I am in rT. I can see from miles away the people who deal no DPS. It is so simple. One hit taken and still 70% hp left? soldier gear. Swapped to water and got a lot of HP back? Cleric. It is very interesting how dishonest people are with their performance. The thing is, I privately whisper to these people to give them advice on how they could improve their output and most of them are happy to receive enlightened knowledge, but you Kodiak, you are satisfied with under-performing and fooling your unwise group at the same time. I care about helping the community perform better, you care about leeching what good-willed people let you reach. You seem proud to be so malicious. But people who come on these forums are here to learn about how to achieve more. Hopefully most of them listen to those who have had the patience to learn. To the others I would like to say that cheating never gets you far. The elementalist is a difficult class, if you are not up to the challenge then give up now, but if you have the will to be disciplined and assiduous then you will achieve more than anyone else.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Oh boy! So the former cheater thinks it is good to advise new people to cheat because he himself can’t get caught for not playing anyways. Do you think it’s a good advice? Or just come here to proudly brag about how you cheat?

A bit of side story I was reminded of a cheating scandal 5-6 years ago. A very bright PhD student faked her entire 4 years worth of thesis. It was so detailed and convincing that her talent which was put into deceit could have brought out an actually excellent work. So her cheat bought her fame; three articles on the most prestigious journal. Soon, it was found out. Her degree was forfeit; her boss and her department were put into investigation for improper work ethics. The girl's name went viral on every major university's talks in North America. Cheating is bad, even if it starts small. You never know if it becomes a habit and ruins you.

I remember this story too! There was comparable story more recently. One girl in Japan (iirc) faked her research results in biosciences and when the rest of the world appeared to be unable to reproduce the output of her work it became obvious that she had faked the experiment the whole time. She was stripped of her degree. Cheating does not pay off.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

Iris: Cheating is the wrong word. Cheating implies you are somehow breaking rules. Deceptive? Entirely. If anything it’s the people who are actually using these 3rd party programs and apps to see that kind of information the developers purposely went so far out of their way to mask that are actually breaking rules (which is why you don’t see any threads on the topic on the official forums and most are deleted immediately). Which we could probably quibble on that point forever but the fact remains there is a rule not do what these people are doing. I merely was pretending to be something I was not which is against no rules.

Zelyhn: If you remember I only have one metric when it comes to game performance: Does the content get completed? I don’t care if it’s done in the most optimal route nor do I care if it’s done with the most optimal players or optimal gear or optimal whatever nonsense. I’ve had just as many bad zerker groups who fail because people can’t handle the lack of HP and Toughness than I have had groups fail due to a lack of DPS. I’ve had just as many groups waste more time attempting to skip dungeon content as I’ve had groups who clear things faster just by doing it legitimately.

Most people have one desire: Not to feel like they are bad or playing bad. That is why they come to these forums and ask advice. Somewhere along the way they were told by someone what they were doing was bad. In turn they are greeted with the same superstition and brain washing they hear repeated over and over everywhere else. Do this, or you are bad. I don’t have these concerns, not because I wish to be bad, not because I am bad, but simply because I don’t value your opinion on whether or not I am a good or bad player.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ark.9586

Ark.9586

Kodiak if you intentionally ignore people’s LFG requests/demands like that you’re an extremely self-centered player. have some respect, that’s just low.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Most people have one desire: Not to feel like they are bad or playing bad. That is why they come to these forums and ask advice.

And your advice is to pretend.

In any society there are implicit rules. Cheating on them is just as immoral as breaking the law.

We have had this discussion before. I have no problem with people who just want to get the job done. However, I have a problem with people who come here to brag about how clever they are at profiting from the efforts of others.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fracking Fluid Injection.8760

Fracking Fluid Injection.8760

In dungeons, I run staff elementalist, full zerker armor with runes of the scholar. I also run a trait setup that is a constant 6,2,0,0,2, with four extra free points which I move around to different spots in my build (sometimes 6,4,2,0,2, sometimes 6,6,0,0,2, and a couple others). Anyway, my point is that I run one of the squishiest builds in the game, and since I generally only play with one other person and my guild is very WvW based, the other three members in our party tend to be PUG’d. Since my friend plays a thief, most of the support I get from my party relies on the PUG members being supportive classes, and knowing what they are doing. And roughly 75% of the time, they don’t.

That being said, when I first got my Ele to 80, instead of easing my way into Zerker, I just dove in immediately, head first. For maybe the first three or four days I had a rough time with it, but you quickly learn how to survive and how to make your gameplay fun. Dodges, protection, damage mitigation, and some excellent heals with a combination of your water fields and three blast finishers (if using the arcane heal and blast utility) give you more wiggle room than you’d think. Plus, the damage output is very rewarding. That isn’t to say I still don’t die, I mean c’mon, if you’re playing an Ele you might as well expect to drop regularly, but I’m alive well more than I’m dead, and I can comfortably say I’m a competent player with the class, and never really feel like my downtime is a detriment to the team.

It helps if there is a guardian, the aegis they give to their teammates helps significantly, not to mention the other passive bonuses, but even without one it isn’t impossible to survive. Especially if you’re familiar with the dungeon you’re running, and are comfortable swapping utility skills and traits around between encounters based on what is optimal.

tl;dr – you’ll get better, just keep playing zerker. trail and error is an amazing tutor.

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

Most people have one desire: Not to feel like they are bad or playing bad. That is why they come to these forums and ask advice.

And your advice is to pretend.

My advice is to not worry about things that truly don’t matter.

I actually had a nice person ask me for advice yesterday while doing the daily Fractal yesterday. He’d just come back, largely was in Rares and Exotics and wanted to know what the new habloo was for Elementalists. The advice I give is actually fair and balanced. I explain the old meta was tanky (2 years ago) and now it’s all zerkzerkzerk. Personally I’ve always been in the middle with half and half too offensive for the old meta and too defensive for the new meta. I usually recommend people start there, and then slowly switch out their build from tanky to offensive and then slowly switch around their gear. I recommend it this way because then people don’t get used to traits like after years of being (20)(4) water it’s hard for me not to rely on switching to water for a condi cleanse and heal due to habit. By not having that there, they can’t build any habits of relying on their traits. It’s more expensive this way cause you have to build multiple suits but hell I got all sorts of gear over time. So anyways, I tell him from there work it down till comfortable or if it finds he’s already comfortable and able to do everything why go crazy when you don’t need to? All depends on what you’re doing and who you’re doing it with. Not knowing the standard stacking spot or going there when everyone stacks will get you kicked out of a dungeon faster than being a certain spec or gear.

You actually have a lot of problem with people who just want to get the job done but as you say we’ve been down this road before and you typically are incapable of understanding.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

You actually have a lot of problem with people who just want to get the job done but as you say we’ve been down this road before and you typically are incapable of understanding.

I love internet arguments because people are so assiduous in backing their claims

In the guide I wrote with Haviz, we make it clear that there is no one-size-fits-all build to solve everything, we emphasize the need to adapt to each encounter/group/skill-level, and we even advise a build designed for people learning dungeons.

See? I claim that I understand how people need to get the job done, and I back this statement.

In comparison, you claim to make people stop feeling “bad” by telling them to stop caring.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Iris Ng.9845

Kinda relevant: http://youtu.be/hINUhJ2ojA0?t=4m22s

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

I love internet arguments because people are so assiduous in backing their claims

In the guide I wrote with Haviz, we make it clear that there is no one-size-fits-all build to solve everything, we emphasize the need to adapt to each encounter/group/skill-level, and we even advise a build designed for people learning dungeons.

See? I claim that I understand how people need to get the job done, and I back this statement.

In comparison, you claim to make people stop feeling “bad” by telling them to stop caring.

Against my better judgement I’ll point out that your entire post history is full of advice that has nothing to do with getting the job done.

You can look at this thread as an example. Person says sneak in a bit of defensive stats, and you claim that’s entirely wrong and that they should either get better by using traits instead of gear or wait for a better group. However wouldn’t getting the job done mean if switching in some defensive stats so long as they clear the dungeon fit that bill? Wouldn’t that, in fact, be going along with what you just said and if they find themselves in a group that isn’t conductive to zerkzerkzerk that they should in fact adapt to that situation and scale back to get the job done?

I mean look at your own admissions here. You see someone who “heals too much” when they swap to water and you want to have an aside with them and “re-educate” them on a “better” way of playing? That isn’t concern with getting the job done, that’s concern with making people play your way because you’re convinced that’s the best way to play and therefore should be the only way to play.

See at the end of the day, you don’t care if the job got done. What you fundamentally care about and show you care about is that it got done “right way.”

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Jerus.4350

The keyword there Kodiak is “sneak” Those things are perfectly fine as long as you’re not in a group that asks you not to and you have to try and “sneak” it past them.

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

Which I believe this topic actually started with group composition, specifically whether or not berserker was really viable without a guardian’s blind/reflect.

If the group you are in is incapable of downing the content you are going after with a specific setup really what’s the harm in adjusting things so then you are capable of getting the job done?

I mean we can play around with words like “sneak” or “adapt” or “adjust” or “deceive” or “overcome” and all the various semantics that amount to the same thing but at the end of the day who really cares if the content gets done?

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Jerus.4350

I care about integrity. I’ve left dungeons over half way through because playing with the people I was playing with simply wasn’t fun. “getting it done” isn’t really my goal, having fun is.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

D/F can carry pugs that don’t have a guardian/thief/mesmer for projectile hate

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

You can look at this thread as an example. Person says sneak in a bit of defensive stats, and you claim that’s entirely wrong and that they should either get better by using traits instead of gear or wait for a better group.

I give people the knowledge of the right way, that is how to be most efficient in doing what they want to achieve. Whether people follow my advice is of little concern to me, at least they know, so they can choose wisely.

I am of course not perfect and I make mistakes.

But I would never make the mistake to tell people to abuse the trust of their comrades. The very fact that you seem comfortable with giving such immoral and unproductive advice casts a new shadow on my perception of mankind

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

And there you have it. The “right” way. The “most efficient” way. The fact that it gets done is of no concern to you, only the way in which it was done.

As usual you also have the flare for the dramatic. Please go ahead and quote me at any point where I recommended anyone actually attempt anything I’ve done.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: ShinNakon.9085

ShinNakon.9085

Let me tell you my version,

Ascolian Catacombs, spider queen, kitten there is no guardian, lets might stack and pop the swirling winds to prevent spiders shooting me from behind..

Ok I used the Ice Bow 5 on queen now 4, ok queen is at %25 HP., kitten swirling winds off, every kitten ed thing in the room shooting me, ohh my 2 dodge gone, heals is gone, kitten my team still could not kill the queen.

kitten I am down…..

This is mostly what happens to me, I hate the aggro mechanics in this game, I want to be survivable put toughness everything shoots at me, I want to go full Berserkers, I got the highest DPS everything shoots at me again

I have the same kittening problem with my zerk ele in AC. Feels like the spiders say kitten everyone else lets get this ele over here and own that kitten . Played other zerk classes in dungeons and by far ele is the one that tends to agro more kitten. I am to the point that my zerk dungeon runner ele is going to get delete.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

And there you have it. The “right” way. The “most efficient” way. The fact that it gets done is of no concern to you, only the way in which it was done.

But it is the ‘’most efficient’’ way. It’s not about what our opinion is, the most efficient way evolved with our knowledge and update. It was proven with solo and group run on video. The math was done and not by someone on an excel sheet on his own, number were published and ppl commented on it for several years, it was done with in-game result so its actual and theoretical numbers.

That doesn’t mean that its the only way to play, that’s its the most fun to someone in particular or that everybody should use exactly what we tell. But ppl should try to reach that if they can. If they don’t play enough so they don’t know the game enough to be able to reach that, there is no problem. If someone just don,t give a kitten and just want to play the game relax in a half tanky gear, there is no problem. If someone just want to heal and only have fun doing it with his friend, there is no problem.

But that doesn’t mean that we won’t try to at least educate him on what is best in the game so he don’t waste gold on gear and time on build to make the same mistake we did 2 and a half year ago.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Elementalist

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

I suppose the logical question is…

1. If you know how to “play like a berserker”…
2. You know the boss mechanics…
3. You know the dungeons well enough to fake it…

Why wouldn’t you want to just wear berserker and ‘be all that you can be?’ Like, what enjoyment do you get from wearing tanky gear that you presumably don’t need and doing less damage than you could be? If you NEED tanky gear, by all means wear it, but if you DON’T need it, what satisfaction is it giving you?

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with having the stance that there is only one way to play and that’s your way. Even better, as you say, these days you can even back it up with some nice numbers that are based on in game data.

However what you can’t do is say there is only one right way to play an Elementalist and then say there are multiple ways to play an Elementalist. It’s a contradiction. It’s like you saying there’s no problems with people who want to sit in half tanky gear or just wants to heal. Yet on the the other hand there is a problem with it because you want to “educate him” on what’s the best in the game. If there’s no problem, why are you educating him?

I mean if people are going to be elitist zealots for their cause then just do it. Stop pretending you’re everyone’s buddy and it’s all cool when all you do is call people bad for playing bad and they should play the right way.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with having the stance that there is only one way to play and that’s your way.

Yet, this is not my stance.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Jerus.4350

I suppose the logical question is…

1. If you know how to “play like a berserker”…
2. You know the boss mechanics…
3. You know the dungeons well enough to fake it…

Why wouldn’t you want to just wear berserker and ‘be all that you can be?’ Like, what enjoyment do you get from wearing tanky gear that you presumably don’t need and doing less damage than you could be? If you NEED tanky gear, by all means wear it, but if you DON’T need it, what satisfaction is it giving you?

Ease of play.

While I certainly enjoy the zerker play more at this point, and it certainly is more effective, there’s something nice about making a few changes taking an extra minute or two on a dungeon and just relaxing while doing it, make a mistake, no biggy your safety net is securely in place. This is why some buddies and I used to run hammer guard/PS war/Staff Ele and abuse the crap out of untraited wardens before they got nerfed. It made for a braindead experience which has it’s place.

Not saying I agree with much of anything Kodiak is saying in this thread, but I also get a little annoyed when people don’t ever take that “ease of play” factor into account. Sometimes you just wanna get drunk hop on teamspeak and chat it up while kitten ing around but still get your dungeons cleared

in Elementalist

Thaddeus.4891

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with having the stance that there is only one way to play and that’s your way. Even better, as you say, these days you can even back it up with some nice numbers that are based on in game data.

However what you can’t do is say there is only one right way to play an Elementalist and then say there are multiple ways to play an Elementalist. It’s a contradiction. It’s like you saying there’s no problems with people who want to sit in half tanky gear or just wants to heal. Yet on the the other hand there is a problem with it because you want to “educate him” on what’s the best in the game. If there’s no problem, why are you educating him?

I mean if people are going to be elitist zealots for their cause then just do it. Stop pretending you’re everyone’s buddy and it’s all cool when all you do is call people bad for playing bad and they should play the right way.

WTH are you talking about. My stance and probably the stance of most ppl is :

There is a more effective way to play the game. We can teach you what are the basic of the game and what work best. From there you can adapt to what you prefer. Its not white or black, there is stuff that can be changed and you still be 80 or 90% as effective, which is far more than good enough if you don’t speed run. You can even change more and more stuff if you want. You’ll be even less effective, but you’ll still be able to complete stuff with pugs, but some ppl may call you out. 1 guy like that, it won’t be much noticeable, but if 2-3 ppl are like that in a party, its start to be dragging on the team. You will complete everything, but it will take time, ppl that are zerker but are not that good will die, etc.

Everything is viable in this game, but not everything is good and a lot of ppl don,t want to run with ppl running bab build.

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

Sometimes you just wanna get drunk hop on teamspeak and chat it up while kitten ing around but still get your dungeons cleared

This is the song of my people.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Well to tell the truth, every game I played, I played as tank, I like the idea of controlling the whole fight, position the boss, keep my raid members out of danger.

I leave GW2 several times, mainly because of this reason, returned mainly for PVP, while you can try everything in GW2 PVP without investing any time to gearing and leveling, and Cele Ele at the moment fits my definition of fun.

Sometime, I get the crazy urge to enjoy the PVE game also, so I look to LFG, berserker only, 5000 AP (I play this game like for 2 years I still have 3500AP and I don’t why it is so important to have 5000AP), with a sad feeling I put my berserker gear and go in and die 5 times inside of 5mins run.

Well I accepts it is doable and fun in an organize group, but watching %20 of every boss fight in down state is most of the time is no fun.

I returned this time to the game because of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oueBpmhAU-o and I am running this build (thx god for the Tome of Knowledge in PVP) in fractals to my pleasure I have to say nobody is dying in my watch if they are paying attention to one shot mechanics and nobody complains.

I accept that might be overkill for COF P1/2 but I wished that it would not be kick reason while I just want to play this build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Well to tell the truth, every game I played, I played as tank, I like the idea of controlling the whole fight, position the boss, keep my raid members out of danger.

I leave GW2 several times, mainly because of this reason, returned mainly for PVP, while you can try everything in GW2 PVP without investing any time to gearing and leveling, and Cele Ele at the moment fits my definition of fun.

Sometime, I get the crazy urge to enjoy the PVE game also, so I look to LFG, berserker only, 5000 AP (I play this game like for 2 years I still have 3500AP and I don’t why it is so important to have 5000AP), with a sad feeling I put my berserker gear and go in and die 5 times inside of 5mins run.

Well I accepts it is doable and fun in an organize group, but watching %20 of every boss fight in down state is most of the time is no fun.

I returned this time to the game because of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oueBpmhAU-o and I am running this build (thx god for the Tome of Knowledge in PVP) in fractals to my pleasure I have to say nobody is dying in my watch if they are paying attention to one shot mechanics and nobody complains.

I accept that might be overkill for COF P1/2 but I wished that it would not be kick reason while I just want to play this build.

This is a “learn to play” issue.

If you aren’t capable of playing in berserker gear like others, then don’t do it. It’s a choice.

But if an LFG ad requests/demands berserker gear and you don’t have it, then don’t join it. That would be just being a jerk.

in Elementalist

Thaddeus.4891

Ya its not like its hard to find a ordinary LFG or create one yourself. I’m talking for myself and problably a good portion of those elitist zerker, but we don’t mind if you are not 100% zerker and meta, just make a intelligent mix for yourself. There is a difference between someone using the meta but take a defensive skills and a couple of more defensive gear pieces and someone going full healing or full tanky. 99% of ppl will have fun playing with the first, but the second will have a hard time finding friend in some party.

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

This is a “learn to play” issue.

If you aren’t capable of playing in berserker gear like others, then don’t do it. It’s a choice.

But if an LFG ad requests/demands berserker gear and you don’t have it, then don’t join it. That would be just being a jerk.

I have the berserker gear

The problem is the guy who is writing only berserker gear on LFG has the L2P issues, like coming with a Guardian without bringing wall of reflection as utility or not using his blinds on CD but demanding whole group to be Berserkers.

Anyway this become a fruitless discussion, %90 of the guys in PUG queue doesn’t have the knowledge to make Berserker runs but while Berserker is the META everybody is playing the wannabees.

in Elementalist

Iris Ng.9845

“Everybody playing the wannabes”? It sounds like a stretch.

in Elementalist

Iris Ng.9845

Let me sum up OP’s reactions in this entire thread. At first, you complained that it’s difficult to play a berserk ele in dungeons with meta tactics but without proper (guardian’s) support. We offered you some insight to help you ease into this process. Then you proceed to blame the aggro system which screwed you and it is not as fun to play ele as the other heavy classes. Then some of us suggested to swap in some defensive gears. In the end, you concluded that berserker ele isn’t for you because pug fails badly atbabysitting you. “Everybody just playing wannabes”. Then, why do you still insist on joining those berserker only lfg? Perhaps, your original intention wasn’t coming here to ask for help, but to rant about your super bad pug (while turning away from some legit advices). Well, congrats, it seems that you have some attention there. In the end, it’s your learn to play issue. Good luck.