Alt Class after Ele

Alt Class after Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Rogue.1328

The Rogue.1328

I have been playing ele for while now, and I am thinking about creating an alt. I play a staff ele with cantrips and conjures, and I was wondering what class would be good to go to after my ele. I don’t mind becoming melee, but something that would use the same sort of style/tactics as the ele. I know there ar a lot of different ele builds, but which class would you say is easiest to move onto after an ele?

I am the official recruiter for Badgers Against Dragons, So PM me if you want a place
Check out our recruitment thread here
And our website here

Alt Class after Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

What do you plan to do?

After getting all classes to 80 except ranger(ele is my main) none of them play alike. Engineer is compared to ele but it isn’t similar in the slightest imo except you only get one weapon set.

For me personally as my last 80 I made is a engi it quickly became my second favorite class I like to press alot of buttons to do things other classes do with less presses. From a condition standpoint Engi is the Necro’s Ele if Direct Damage Ele is the Warriors Ele. You press alot of buttons to do different things that they do more simply. I haven’t played power Engi yet I will one day but I haven’t played condi Ele either or warrior.

I run power or condi on my thief and mesmer those are the only 2 classes I have that i switch between direct and condi depending on how I feel. Every other class I play more to what they specialize in.

That is just me personally engi has the depth that I enjoy on Ele it’s not so straight forward.

Like I said though every class is different if you want the higher up learning curves it is Ele and Engi then the other classes being a little more straight forward. I would probably say thief after Ele and Engi because it’s resource system is different then the other classes but I like to hop on my thief from time to time and it has depth but I do get bored with it unlike my Ele and Engi. Mesmers have alot of fun builds so build depth I would look at Mesmers you can go lockdown, shatter, condi, hybrid, phantasm etc…

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Alt Class after Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

When I get sick of playing piano player on ele I like to play my warrior for a break from that. With warrior you just run around thinking Hulk Smash!

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

Alt Class after Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Try a med spec dps guardian. Theyre pretty fun and can do a lot of burst and have low hp while having a lot of tools to avoid damage, so its a very active playstyle, kind of like a d/d ele but with more armor. Thats if you want to do spvp or maybe small scale wvw. Engies arent a bad choice either, though theyre power builds are lacking at the moment so be ready to spam grenades and/or bombs a ton to do any damage.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

Alt Class after Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Warrior. Its nice to go from an under dog class to the top class some times.

#ELEtism

Alt Class after Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Joseph.7213

Joseph.7213

Play a conditions based engineer. Most fun I had in the game since rolling my ele was rolling my Engi in WvW.

rip hopes and dreams for supported 3v3 arenas

Alt Class after Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Go mesmer and enjoy the account bound patch…
At least

PlayStyle is similar for shatter mesmer that is unfortunately unviable in PvE…

if you want to be OP instead you know wich professions to choose.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Alt Class after Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

When I get sick of playing piano player on ele I like to play my warrior for a break from that. With warrior you just run around thinking Hulk Smash!

Haha, yeah that’s how I do it! =)

I’ve actually managed to build my Warrior in such a way that I actually have to think between the bashing; Sometimes it’s even harder than playing an Elementalist (though, the Ele is fairly easy when you’ve played it for a long time)

Anywho, if you want an alt, try each profession out on the Golems in the HotM, with the most suitable build you can find.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Alt Class after Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Estarioll.5781

Estarioll.5781

after elly, all other classes became too easy and boring for me to play (well, never played a thief, but have all others at 80)… except condi kit engi which has sort of a similar playstyle since you can press soo many buttonz!

Tipsy Dipsy, plank scrubber of The Bloody Pirates [YARR]
~Gandara~

Alt Class after Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Mesmer PvE can be more difficult.

You are slightly less squishy but you have to play reactively rather than proactively.
If you mess, party dies.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Alt Class after Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

The necromancer is an easy transition. But then again so are several other classes. You should pick a class that sounds cool, rather than what is easy.

Nick crow-man, sir!

Alt Class after Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I went for ranger as an alt, next is Engineer and after that warrior, guardian and maybe buy more character slots for the necromancer and mesmer too :p