Alternative Builds

Alternative Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Hi guys,

because of the possible nerf that will come to 0/10/0/30/30 I was trying to figure out some alternative builds…..I use the 0/10/0/30/30 for Staff and Dagger (with different traits but numbers stays same)….

Here is the challenge I have, I am nearly forced to take 30 in Arcana mainly because the attunement swap and boon duration and has to go 30 in Water otherwise we are too squishy that mean practically for an alternative build I have 10 points to move, I can’t get out of this vicious cycle….

So I am hoping the following changes with the nerfes, what are you think about it.

I think I will not be able to sacrifice 30 in Water so I guess the changes should come from Arcana…instead of going deep in Arcana reducing the attunement switch cooldown, attunement cooldown for specific tree should be decided on how deep we are going into the attunements tree…

For ex, I choose to go 30 deep in the Water then attunement switch CD must 5s for Water but stays 13s for Air/Earth/Fire

If you invest to Arcana it can still get global reduction (may be not in todays levels like 0.5 s or so)

Which will diversify the play style also, not having linear attunement bonuses, for ex do u really like to go high in Air ok, you got 5 CD but no points in Earth then you got the 13s CD, it will be much more strategical instead of key bashing….

Now if they give such an attribute to attunement tree what will happen to Power/Crit/Crit Dam/Cond/Vit/Toughness adjustments I don’t knowbut that something ANet must figure out….

And one more point, it should be possible to play Condition Damage builds in Ele, at the moment that means staying only in Earth Attunement which is against the whole logic of playing Elementalist, there must be viable way to cause conditions in all trees, so Water should cause bleeds, Fire should have smoke poisining, something like that…..

And please give us an option to drop a conjure weapon that has still charge and pick up later while it has still charge, I really like some conjure weapon but I can dedicate an utility slot to them while I have to drop them while they have still 8-9 charges…..

It must be possible to pick them up again if they have charges….

What do u think

Alternative Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Best thing is to wait for the patch, and see what other options it may provide. About a week until it hits. But yeah, sadly you need to throw many points into water and arcane to be viable.

If you aim for condition builds, you could aim for a high crit build that triggers bleed and burning, while using 30 water and cantrips for survival. That route works alright.

Of course, if the devs managed to give two-handed weapons an extra sigil slot, or altered the current sigil slot to add x1.5 or x2 value, you might have more options that way using the staff.

Alternative Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Can’t think of a build for yourself? :|

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Alternative Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Power Staff build…Blows groups up in team fights.

Alternative Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

scepter focus bleeding condition build

Alternative Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

scepter focus bleeding condition build

Another good spvp build, but I don’t think it has a role in tpvp.

Alternative Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

it’s hard to speculate, especially as they said they were more interested in making counter builds on other classes than nerfing directly. I expect more boon stripping… I’ve had some success with the signet of nullification though :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com