Alternative to Cele?

Alternative to Cele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I’m about to use a build I found for my Tempest ele and sure enough, it wants Cele gear which seems to be popular among elementalists, the problem is the acquisition currently. What armor sets are a good substitute in the mean time?

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Alternative to Cele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Assuming you are refering to wvw, the standard answer is a mix of soldier, knight, and berserker gear. Everyone has their own perfect mixture of how much of each though.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Alternative to Cele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Alright I may go zerk and knights then, ty

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Alternative to Cele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

that has no healing power or vitality, though, and vitality is important for a low hp class

Marauder gear isn’t too bad to make (if you’re buying the materials and crafting it yourself, it’s cheaper than berserker), and offers a better mix of damage/defense than berserker, and most importantly, more total stat points. I’d mix marauder with knight’s/cleric’s/cavalier’s/soldier’s.

Alternative to Cele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

My WvW gear as a frontline Tempest is a mix of Marauder and Crusader Armors and mixed trinkets.

Alternative to Cele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

The alternative to cele…is cele.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Alternative to Cele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Well ist a personal taste thin. I would go with a berserker staff, maurauder armor set, and captains/knight trinkets + berserker backpack . :-)

Alternative to Cele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’m about to use a build I found for my Tempest ele and sure enough, it wants Cele gear which seems to be popular among elementalists, the problem is the acquisition currently. What armor sets are a good substitute in the mean time?

Celestial gear is actually not that bad to make these days. There’s the timegating, sure, but Quartz Crystals drop from Wintersday gifts so their price has absolutely crashed in the past few days. You can get enough Quartz Crystals for a full set of Celestial armor for just 30 gold… which, admittedly, is not super cheap, but it isn’t as crazy as it was just last week.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Alternative to Cele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Wanders is not that bad of a set for d/d boon ele. I think all of the new 4 combo sets work on ele/tempest.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Alternative to Cele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

OP: I really feel you. I made a post about this earlier:

My advice is don’t give up on cele.. Building it is a slow process, the wintersday event quite helps a lot (chance to get charged quartz from gifts) but notice that if you play HoT you get a warhorn and a shoulder with cele stats…
So what I did, and think was a good choice was to keep my (zerk/dire) armor and start adding the cele pieces slowly as it combines just great (keep your damage output as you get bulkier/more supportive) …. Problem with cele is thatyou have to craft it by yourself … by chance I found an amulet with celestial stats “Oontz’s Necklace of the Ghoul” on the Halloween bags… but besides that the only viable option is to get the trinkets from vendors (ascended ones) while you finish crafting your gear… hope this helps…

Also note the price drop of quartz thanks to wintersday (from 10 silver to 2 silver )

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!