Am I the only one excited to play Tempest?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

I mean, I don’t understand why everyone is so upset about Tempest. Ele already has extremely powerful offensive options in the form of D/D, S/F, and Staff which cover all of Ele’s core weapons. So why is everyone so mad that they are going for a more group supporty playstyle on Tempest?

I even came up with this cool build which looks very good on paper.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYn0XC9XiFYCOYCcYiFBAzN1+avtBBgCQRUYDECOiA-TJRHwAFeAA82fAwJA4YZAA

I, for one, am super pumped to see how this plays. Auto stun break every 45 seconds+super speed, aoe 2 stacks of might and weakness when using a shout that also removes a condition with runes of soldier, and immunity to soft cc’s while using overload? This just sounds super fun for me and strong (on paper).

Is it because the warhorn that the Ele forums are upset? If so, I totally understand. I didn’t like that thing at all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

The thing is, it brings nothing new to the class.

All the things Tempest can do, you can do some weapon and some spec of the Elementalist already.

Now can you say that with Reaper, Chronomancer, Daredevil,…?

So as Ele Main, you will pay the expansion to do exactly the same things as before.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I am also exited to try tempest, but in a tough fight i dont think overloads will make sense.
Also the traits are to weak and let me low room for slotting shouts which i would realy like to try.
When i fight 1:1 up to 3:3 small scale i usully am very fine with my two stunbreakers and no stability.
As soon as the fight gets larger or three+ start to focus me stability is important or you won´t cast reliable. I can´t realy get off spells with 1+ s casting time.
Overcharge has low usability. In small scale you will be outmaneuvered or even just shot down in larger fight you won´t get it off. I only see it usable in some WvW situations where you have your guardian boddyguard at your side.

I came up with something like that as support spec. But it lacks mobility and self condi removal is not great, even with soldiers. No stab also. But has strong healing and direct damage absorb.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBLhdSfJ0fJWhJ4gJwHBW+AM33ad9vSMCCBNghDQA4BC-T5wHwAOLDob/BAPAAA

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Rain.9213

All the things Tempest can do, you can do some weapon and some spec of the Elementalist already.

So as Ele Main, you will pay the expansion to do exactly the same things as before.

It does push group support a bit more though. Ele already has practically everything, that’s why you can’t expect anything new. They have amazing close range dps, mid range with scepter, and long range with staff. They have invulns, condi clear, conditions, boons.

What more can you expect? Stealth? That would just be silly.

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

It does push group support a bit more though. Ele already has practically everything, that’s why you can’t expect anything new. They have amazing close range dps, mid range with scepter, and long range with staff. They have invulns, condi clear, conditions, boons.

What about they had given us sword and evade, so we could get out of this endless cycle of water and arcana. Just another type of defense instead healing ourselves all the time.

in Elementalist

Rain.9213

Idk, I feel like Ele’s evade a crap ton already considering they get a ton of vigor from Arcana, Burning Speed is an evade, Updraft is an evade, and on top of that they get blind on burns plus invulns. And there are already those eles who run sigil of energy so…. yeah…

I feel like Evades wouldn’t have really added anything either. Plus we already got Daredevil and Shiro Revenants and even to some extent, condition Rangers, to cover the evasive specs. It wouldn’t have really been that original or different from dagger/dagger anyway.

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

Idk, I feel like Ele’s evade a crap ton already considering they get a ton of vigor from Arcana, Burning Speed is an evade, Updraft is an evade, and on top of that they get blind on burns plus invulns. And there are already those eles who run sigil of energy so…. yeah…

I feel like Evades wouldn’t have really added anything either. Plus we already got Daredevil and Shiro Revenants and even to some extent, condition Rangers, to cover the evasive specs. It wouldn’t have really been that original or different from dagger/dagger anyway.

So practically you are saying an Ele Main has no reason to buy this expansion because there is nothing new to bring to the Ele profession.

Thx for the tip.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

I’m very excited for Tempest. It looks really fun, and I had a lot of fun playing it during the BWE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Not going to lie, I don’t care for meta-building. I make my own builds. That Tempest isn’t likely going to be a meta build is what draws me to Tempest. That said, if they improve Tempest to make it more meta, it depends how they change the spec that will determine if I truly stick with it. If they change it so it requires you to use a specific build to utilize in the slightest, I’d likely just kitten it and do my own thing regardless…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

The thing is, Tempest could have been better (and hopefully will be improved), but it also could have been a lot worse. I plan to switch my Ele to a Tempest build on day one of HoT, and while it won’t be my main, there are some characters who won’t be going Elite at all (like my Guardian).

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Elementalist

Rain.9213

So practically you are saying an Ele Main has no reason to buy this expansion because there is nothing new to bring to the Ele profession.

Thx for the tip.

If you want to take it that way, sure… but for me, Tempest could potentially add a style of dagger/dagger or dagger/focus that doesn’t involve going into Arcana and Water and instead provides a lot of swiftness and fury uptime, good group support by constantly applying aoe weakness and might as well as condition cleansing and lastly some cool looking overload effects that further provide survivability and group support. I see my Tempest build as a potential DPS/Support similar to my Longbow/GS Shout Ranger and that is exciting for me. Plus with shouts and soldier runes, it could potentially provide the survivabilty I need to not run Water/Arcane and instead use Fire/Air how I’ve wanted for a long time.

I’m very excited for Tempest. It looks really fun, and I had a lot of fun playing it during the BWE.

Glad to see others like it too! I do agree that some things on Tempest could be better such as maybe not forcing you to camp an attunement to unleash an overload effect but aside from that, I think this could be a very fun playstyle.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Actually what I expected was this in-your-face tanky-supportive frontline playstyle with some AoE overloads, fields for the zerg and Cc for the enemy..
So yeah, staff ele can do this, only it’s not in-your-face at all…

What further disappoints me is that you cannot even channel overloads without stab, which we only have under 60 sec CD (traited) , because Ele isn’t even designed to be frontline, so by not giving us the tools to even finish channel the overloads, they pretty much failed designing the tempest

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

(edited by SrebX.6498)

in Elementalist

Rain.9213

Actually what I expected was this in-your-face tanky-supportive frontline playstyle with some AoE overloads, fields for the zerg and Cc for the enemy..

You do get some of that with the moving water field, and tons of might application as well as aoe stun breaks and aoe immob/chill and heals. But I think the issue is the Warhorn, as I said. I found it very “meh” which is why I came up with a d+d Tempest build instead haha.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

If you want to take it that way, sure… but for me, Tempest could potentially add a style of dagger/dagger or dagger/focus that doesn’t involve going into Arcana and Water and instead provides a lot of swiftness and fury uptime, good group support by constantly applying aoe weakness and might as well as condition cleansing and lastly some cool looking overload effects that further provide survivability and group support. I see my Tempest build as a potential DPS/Support similar to my Longbow/GS Shout Ranger and that is exciting for me. Plus with shouts and soldier runes, it could potentially provide the survivabilty I need to not run Water/Arcane and instead use Fire/Air how I’ve wanted for a long time.

I’m actually thinking that the Tempest could provide more options for players that simply like the Scepter weapon. I want them to improve the scepter but regardless, I think the Tempest build could add support options (be it with warhorn, shouts or just auras in general) as well as sustained DPS whereas scepter is usually burst damage. I think they should improve scepter but I feel that scepter is the weapon for Tempest, it’s just not everyone has realized it :P

That being said, next BWE, I plan to try Dagger/?? Tempest and Scepter/Dagger Tempest to see what I think about the new changes to the numbers. I’ll be all DPS too just to see.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

You do get some of that with the moving water field, and tons of might application as well as aoe stun breaks and aoe immob/chill and heals. But I think the issue is the Warhorn, as I said. I found it very “meh” which is why I came up with a d+d Tempest build instead haha.

Don’t even get me stared on warhorn, it’s just plain boring imo…
Nonetheless, idea of a dd tempest is actually pretty interesting to me, yet it’s still not a big enough change from the current ele state, I even doubt it can outplay the current dd ele

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

But I think the issue is the Warhorn, as I said. I found it very “meh” which is why I came up with a d+d Tempest build instead haha.

Same here, I enjoyed D/D Tempest, but I don’t think I’ve heard anyone say they’re in love with playing an X/W Shouts Tempest. Everyone seems to agree that the current toolkit can use some work, the real divide is between those who think that some relatively minor tweaks could turn the whole thing around, vs. those who think the entire concept is a complete fiasco and only starting from scratch would work.

That being said, next BWE, I plan to try Dagger/?? Tempest and Scepter/Dagger Tempest to see what I think about the new changes to the numbers. I’ll be all DPS too just to see.

For the record, I played a Zerker Fire/Arc/Tmp D/D Tempest in the last build, and quite enjoyed it. The new build should only be better at that stuff.

Nonetheless, idea of a dd tempest is actually pretty interesting to me, yet it’s still not a big enough change from the current ele state, I even doubt it can outplay the current dd ele

Supposedly not, but that’s a numbers problem, easily solved. They should work to add some more variety to it though. I’ve been throwing out a ton of suggestions, how about this one, make it so that the Overload channels are mobile elemental fields, and there is a trait that makes it so that the Shouts are blast finishers? That could get interesting.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

As leo stated i am a scepter user and i am looking forward to add team support with shouts. Sadly its still lacking to much, but there is hope. I will try S/F tempest next beta. The 600 range AE of the shouts fit me.
What would greatly help is baseline speed and there like a storm full 33%. Would be unique (just make speedy conduit fixed 33%). Also some condi removal without needing soldiers and i would be in tempest.
A slight reduction on shout cooldowns (flash freeze 5s and shock 10s) an the healing shout shorter casting time otherwise i fear it can´t compete with my arcane brilliance in WvW romaning with S/F.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

One thing to note is that people are being bought by the idea of how tempests are mobile, and how shouts help tempests keep that mobility while still allowing support, but on the grand scheme it still doesn’t help tempests conceptually. In other elite specs, the new skill type available helps to further provide diversification to the already stablished spec, i.e., it’s just an add-on, while the most important aspect are the mechanics.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

ele without speed is something 90% won´t play, and the whole class with low HP depends on a solid mobility base. Tempest doesn´t offer that and as a result limits build options. It won´t change the concep and it won´t be to powerful. It will ease building and playing tempests. I think it will help less trained players much more. A good DD won´t find much gain with the current tempest and strong base movement will not change to much.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Pretty much. What is there to be excited about?

I’ve already played frontline support Ele, because it was perfectly viable before they nerfed all sustain when ‘balancing’ the old DD cleric ele build. Which I agree, was necessary because of our self sustain, but then they gave us no viable defense (while we still have the lowest baseline defense by a huge margin) anywhere else, and never expanded water with any more gameplay besides mindless sustain and cantrip procs.

Same goes for aura builds, we had them, they made them worse, and worse, and worse, and then finally took them away. And are now giving us back with a bright and shiny sticker that says NEW. I mean they only took them away two months before the tempest was preview, did they really think no one was going to call them out on this?

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abraxadrian.1769

Abraxadrian.1769

Ive mained ele for over 2 years and ive seen it evolve and get stronger up to a pretty good state nowadays. Cele dagger is godly on pvp and WvW roaming, Zerker staff is fun and super effective on most pve content, and fresh air s/x glass is a decent pvp and roaming spec (not meta, but still fun and viable)

I tried Tempest on the beta weekends. To be fair, i mostly agree with the criticism it gets: it doesnt feel rewarding to play it compared to traditional ele builds.

Having said that, im hopefull the devs will eventually nail the tempest. Ele is a difficult class to desing, moreso an atractive elite spec.

I really dont mind if tempest is not a good option when HoT launches: vanilla Ele is so much fun i keep playing it every day and i know even with the base specs ill still have lots of fun when HoT comes out :P

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I also don´t care about overloads so much. If i can use shouts by substituting arcane line and utilities for tempest without loosing small scale effectiviness i will play tempest. I prefer playing in small groups size WvW 2-5. Otherwise sad. If tempest is only for PvE + WvW Zerging its not my spec.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Heal with auras aoe stun brake longer lasting boons after they are applied the list dose go on.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Heal with auras aoe stun brake longer lasting boons after they are applied the list dose go on.

All of that is group support…. guess what ele can already do? GROUP SUPPORT.

Even more specifically, they can group support IN MELEE RANGE already….

So no, i’m sorry, this is still nothign new. We already got aura share with powerful aura. Plenty of AOE healing and can spec towards even more AOE healing if we want. There are a couple different, minor things, but its still support based…..

I’m sorry this is the exact same dish we have been eatting out of for a while… only difference is we got a couple slightly different side dishes while other classes got an entirely different main course….

in Elementalist

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

If I must be honest, I was kinda dissapointed by seeing the tempest revealed. After some thinking tho… I think the ele builds are too limited at the moment, whenever you start making a build, the first thing you do is traiting arcane. The tempest traitline goes against everything the arcane line offers, longer cds on attunement swap, thus giving less boons by the minor traits etc. I already managed to make some fun builds with the spec, like going conjure weapons and trait “conjurer” along with “elemental bastion” and “powerful aura”, you can overload while holding conjured weapons. Or go fresh air to negate the cooldown increase. All of these are traits that were never really used. The only problem I have right now with the spec is that its hard to build anything that isnt an auramancer.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

I imagine the experience will be one of a glass spellcaster dying constantly as he attempts to move into combat to effectively use his or her shouts.

Water/Arcane/Earth or Water/Arcane/Fire staff with cantrips still provides better support, because you can live long enough to use it.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

One good thing the Tempest will do is bring a ton of people attempting to Overload in PvP.
It’ll be so much fun to completely destroy them.

in Elementalist

roelvanesch.2817

Ill have to see of how much use earthen proxy is going to be, with elemental shielding keeping up protection is simple.

in Elementalist

roelvanesch.2817

that, and elemental bastion provides constant health

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

that, and elemental bastion provides constant health

Your lowest Cooldown Aura is on a 20s Utility :L
I don’t think that’s really even close to “constant healing”. Let alone high Protection up-time.

We actually had better Aura up-time back when we had that sweet Signet trait.

(edited by Malchior.5732)

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

I actually like the Warhorn skills and can imagine to run one or two shouts, but neither of them is really worth to lose a “real” trait line.

I played around with a Fire/Air/Tempest and Water/Air/Tempest with S/W build with Fresh Air. It worked decently enough but I’m too used to the survivability of the Arcana trait line and the focus. What really killed the build for me was actually a minor annoyance: that Phoenix doesn’t seem to blast moving fields properly.

The overloads need a rework, though. I can’t imagine using them, because the cost is too high. Fresh Air makes at least the air overload usable. Instead of being “powerful” spells with ridiculous cost, they should be usable, affordable spells with normal casting times and causing normal attunement cooldown.

I honestly don’t care anymore about the concept or that Tempest doesn’t offer new roles… just give the tempest traitline a few, not-useless traits that it doesn’t feel like playing with two traitlines when using Warhorn. If the overloads get a rework, I’d consider it a bonus.

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spica.1529

Spica.1529

I will probably stick with normal Elementalist… i find tempest pretty lame.

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

Stun break for all, tell me the occasions that your whole team stunned at once in a PVP match, I don’t recall any, only occasion that can I remember that can be useful is Tequatl fearing the whole raid, which I can cleans with one switch to water, I don’t need kitten CD utility for it and switch to water does it in every 9s.

That can only be useful on one of new raids and I am quite sure that whole Tempest designed to do something on that raids.

And heal on Auras, I also first though that can be awesome but think about if you are healer you will be on Staff, so the auras you will have from overloads would be 16s CD (and using an overload will make attunement CD also 16s so if I overload on water I can only return to water after 16s).

So staff has only one natural aura, magnetic the only 2nd one with a blast finisher into the ice field and I think in PVE there is no critical hitting so we will not get any aura from sooting.

That means we can provide an aura every 16s, plus Magnetic aura every 40s ish and first aura every 30s ish, is this will provide more healing then 9 raid members blasting water fields? I highly doubt it.

A D/D Ele would have more aura’s but would you take a healer as D/D?

And Elementalist is already a boon sharing machine with Elemental Attunement, fire field blasting and everything, do we even need more?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

To answer you question, OP: You just may be.

The Tempest is just a slight variation of the A/W/Ar D/D or D/F auramancer ele that I have been playing since release. There is nothing new there other than overloads which I would likely only cast by accident.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Stun break for all, tell me the occasions that your whole team stunned at once in a PVP match, I don’t recall any, only occasion that can I remember that can be useful is Tequatl fearing the whole raid, which I can cleans with one switch to water, I don’t need kitten CD utility for it and switch to water does it in every 9s.

That can only be useful on one of new raids and I am quite sure that whole Tempest designed to do something on that raids.

And heal on Auras, I also first though that can be awesome but think about if you are healer you will be on Staff, so the auras you will have from overloads would be 16s CD (and using an overload will make attunement CD also 16s so if I overload on water I can only return to water after 16s).

So staff has only one natural aura, magnetic the only 2nd one with a blast finisher into the ice field and I think in PVE there is no critical hitting so we will not get any aura from sooting.

That means we can provide an aura every 16s, plus Magnetic aura every 40s ish and first aura every 30s ish, is this will provide more healing then 9 raid members blasting water fields? I highly doubt it.

And Elementalist is already a boon sharing machine with Elemental Attunement, fire field blasting and everything, do we even need more?

There a lot more to aoe stun braking then just a few pve fight (there a lot of pve fights that have aoe stun) such as spvp being able to help your team out will be a fight winner even in wvw to a point but that more to do with conter early stuns to save your teams self stab.

As for healing aura ele gets a lot of auras more then you seem to understand. A d/d tempest can have about 10 auras 4 from overloading (one from each atument so not realty a 16 sec cd) 2 from weapons 25 sec min 1 from passive getting crit 20 sec 1-3 from shouts (odds are your just going to use one shout and this is where the doable aura comes into play) 1 from passive getting hard cc 25 sec cd and one from getting down to 75% hp on a 30 sec cd (also doable aura becuse its aoe). There also combo finnisher in fire field and frost (this one is a doable finnisher so when an tempest blast a frost field it is a healing effect on-top of a nice cc and boon.
I am not sure if this effect works but if the doble effect of build in aoe auras also lets you doble heal then being able to heal from aura start to become a real tool for healing your pt.

The thing about staff if you can time out your frost field and blast say 2 earth 2 and arcain wave or the arcain heal you get a lot of doble forst aura effect for your pt so much so you may have perma frost aura up time.

The thing about tempest line is it gives a great deal more auras then any other line ele has. The max auras tempest line can have at one time (only counting one from overload even though it is 4) is 5. Where the other lines at most have 1 with no real utility other then fire line that can give fire aruas on 60 sec cd (i guess you could do a weird coarj wepon aura build but shouts are a lot better at auras then that set up any day).

I still do not get why ppl call d/d a support build most of the time it brings a few random heals maybe aura if you give up a lot of self staying alive abitly. At best d/d ele is support in the same way a tank is a support some heal and some cc but with enfoe dmg to make ppl want to kill it first (or very ruberban hp to make it seem like its diying and is easy to kill a kind of aggro generator but for humans not ai).

Ele’s boon shair is not that good at lets from swaping at best your going to get boons at the start of a fight but after then due to the bad ranges and high mobitly of ele it becomes more of a self boon more then a pt boon. Its where the tempest WH comes into play it lets you have bigger aoe boons though it boon shair effect.

I see tempest falling into a few builds d/d tempest will be aura with aura heals and maybe some good fury up time (every class has fury so not that big) support as well as staff tempest, d/wh is going to be a boon support class with aoe stun braking , and maybe s/wh is going to be a single target dps build (they up the dmg on ball lingithing with fresh air having no icd you can get a full swap attk out on the one abitly.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

One good thing the Tempest will do is bring a ton of people attempting to Overload in PvP.

I fail to see how Overloads make Eles any easier to destroy. I get destroyed just fine on my regular Ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Personally OP I love the warhorn skills but hate the traits. The overlord aren’t terrible to me but I’m still worried about the cost benefit paradigm of their use.

Overall I’ll probably play tempest a lot for fun but I doubt I’d use it in tourneys where I play necro instead.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I really like the tempest and enjoyed it I’m Beta. I also agree with many people’s complaints about it, but I also like the warhorn more than most people seem too.

However, since the reveal of Berserker and Daredevil, not to mention the buffs to Reaper, I’m much more excited for those. I play my warrior casually and I’m considering making it my main, and Thief is my original main that I haven’t used in 2 years, now I’m running frac with it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’m looking forward to playing around with it a bit more but I don’t anticipate using it seriously. Overloads are just a higher-risk, higher-cost version of what we already get for — at absolute best — a marginally higher reward, except you have to burn a trait line to get it. The Warhorn looks much more interesting and I would actually be really excited to try it out as my off-hand weapon, except I don’t think it’ll be worth wasting a trait line on.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Rain.9213

If anything, I feel like the only overloads worth using are Fire and Water. Earth Overload doesn’t seem to have much pay off for sacricing your Earth line and neither does Air at least with my D/D build.

Fire stacks a ton of burning and might though and Water can provide excellent healing for a non-heal skill plus condition removal.

Personally, what excites me more about it is the playstyle with Aura Manipulation more so than the Overloads. As I showed in my build on my first post, you get a lot of benefit from apply Auras. With my trait selection you have access to 3 Auras through weapon skills(one is fire field+earth leap combo), 2 through traits with an option for a third if you don’t mind dropping Lucid Singularity(attune to fire gives fire aura, getting cc’d gives shock aura, being hit while under 75% gives frost aura), and lastly 2 more auras through shouts.

I might actually drop Lucid Singularity in favor Element Bastion as well as I feel like having access to these 8 auras in a fight with each healing you for 700 would be really good sustain. We’ll see during the BWE but yeah. Auras for me are what make Tempest interesting. Overloads might need some more touch ups.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I fail to see how Overloads make Eles any easier to destroy. I get destroyed just fine on my regular Ele.

Hm, a skill that locks you into an animation when you cannot dodge or swap attunements for a good amount of time…maybe that? Well, if you manage to cast it anyways.

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

There a lot more to aoe stun braking then just a few pve fight (there a lot of pve fights that have aoe stun) such as spvp being able to help your team out will be a fight winner even in wvw to a point but that more to do with conter early stuns to save your teams self stab.

As for healing aura ele gets a lot of auras more then you seem to understand. A d/d tempest can have about 10 auras 4 from overloading (one from each atument so not realty a 16 sec cd) 2 from weapons 25 sec min 1 from passive getting crit 20 sec 1-3 from shouts (odds are your just going to use one shout and this is where the doable aura comes into play) 1 from passive getting hard cc 25 sec cd and one from getting down to 75% hp on a 30 sec cd (also doable aura becuse its aoe). There also combo finnisher in fire field and frost (this one is a doable finnisher so when an tempest blast a frost field it is a healing effect on-top of a nice cc and boon.
I am not sure if this effect works but if the doble effect of build in aoe auras also lets you doble heal then being able to heal from aura start to become a real tool for healing your pt.

The thing about staff if you can time out your frost field and blast say 2 earth 2 and arcain wave or the arcain heal you get a lot of doble forst aura effect for your pt so much so you may have perma frost aura up time.

The thing about tempest line is it gives a great deal more auras then any other line ele has. The max auras tempest line can have at one time (only counting one from overload even though it is 4) is 5. Where the other lines at most have 1 with no real utility other then fire line that can give fire aruas on 60 sec cd (i guess you could do a weird coarj wepon aura build but shouts are a lot better at auras then that set up any day).

I still do not get why ppl call d/d a support build most of the time it brings a few random heals maybe aura if you give up a lot of self staying alive abitly. At best d/d ele is support in the same way a tank is a support some heal and some cc but with enfoe dmg to make ppl want to kill it first (or very ruberban hp to make it seem like its diying and is easy to kill a kind of aggro generator but for humans not ai).

Ele’s boon shair is not that good at lets from swaping at best your going to get boons at the start of a fight but after then due to the bad ranges and high mobitly of ele it becomes more of a self boon more then a pt boon. Its where the tempest WH comes into play it lets you have bigger aoe boons though it boon shair effect.

I see tempest falling into a few builds d/d tempest will be aura with aura heals and maybe some good fury up time (every class has fury so not that big) support as well as staff tempest, d/wh is going to be a boon support class with aoe stun braking , and maybe s/wh is going to be a single target dps build (they up the dmg on ball lingithing with fresh air having no icd you can get a full swap attk out on the one abitly.

Yeah Ele can have 50 Auras if it can take all the weapon sets and the skill lines but we can’t don’t we?

Stereotype healer for Ele will be Staff, Tempest/Arcana/Water, so you see no Aura from Tempest Defense in air line, no Shocking Aura from dagger, no fire Aura from Fire line and not many mobs in PVE hits critically so Frost Aura proc.

And if you go all balls out with Arcane heal and Arcane blast, instead of more useful utils like AOE blinds and etc 2 more frost aura but here is the joke, if you use that 2 blast finishers in Water Fields you will provide more healing (around 2K water field blast to 900 from Aura heal at the moment).

If you say you want D/D Tempest healer then it is Tempest/Arcana/Water again no access to Shocking Aura or Fire Aura, if you want to get them, while this is a tempest build you will either drop Arcana or Water. So a healer with no water line, really? Nobody will drop Arcana and take air or fire for a healer.

So I will advice caution to accusing people lack of knowledge when you are telling stories like this.

I am not even argue for PVP because no Ele can afford to use an Overload in PVP and being locked out from an attunement from 16s, use water overload wait 16s to return to water, really who ever thought this must be on crack. Only it can be fresh air but even for that I have my doubts.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Yeah Ele can have 50 Auras if it can take all the weapon sets and the skill lines but we can’t don’t we?

Stereotype healer for Ele will be Staff, Tempest/Arcana/Water, so you see no Aura from Tempest Defense in air line, no Shocking Aura from dagger, no fire Aura from Fire line and not many mobs in PVE hits critically so Frost Aura proc.

And if you go all balls out with Arcane heal and Arcane blast, instead of more useful utils like AOE blinds and etc 2 more frost aura but here is the joke, if you use that 2 blast finishers in Water Fields you will provide more healing (around 2K water field blast to 900 from Aura heal at the moment).

If you say you want D/D Tempest healer then it is Tempest/Arcana/Water again no access to Shocking Aura or Fire Aura, if you want to get them, while this is a tempest build you will either drop Arcana or Water. So a healer with no water line, really? Nobody will drop Arcana and take air or fire for a healer.

So I will advice caution to accusing people lack of knowledge when you are telling stories like this.

I am not even argue for PVP because no Ele can afford to use an Overload in PVP and being locked out from an attunement from 16s, use water overload wait 16s to return to water, really who ever thought this must be on crack. Only it can be fresh air but even for that I have my doubts.

Out of combat ya but in combat is where the real talk about auras is and tempest simply has the abitly to use them all and get greater effect from them.

Arcain on staff ele is self boon only if your in ranged to support with atument swapping your too close. The ideal is to give a strong boon of -10% dmg taken that cant be removed a good cc of 1 sec chill ever 2 sec when your hit by an effect on-top of a heal effect. If you really need your staff ele to blast waters for you your lacking in melee badly.

Off hand dagger gave you shocking aura so i am not sure how d/d tempest has no abitly to use shocking aura on-top of being able to get shocking aura from air overload. You also able to get fire aura from the shout if you really wanted it. I am not sure where you came to the constitution that you could not use these auras as a d/d tempest.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Off hand dagger gave you shocking aura so i am not sure how d/d tempest has no abitly to use shocking aura on-top of being able to get shocking aura from air overload. You also able to get fire aura from the shout if you really wanted it. I am not sure where you came to the constitution that you could not use these auras as a d/d tempest.

You continue to prove that you have absolutely no idea about the profession.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

You continue to prove that you have absolutely no idea about the profession.

Lol right main hand sry just got realty thrown off by some one saying you do not get shocking aura from d/d set up on tempest.

You have not realty offered up any thing other then negativity rotten i am not sure why you hate ele class so much but you seem to think it super week because every thing an tempest is you see in the ele class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NaotsuguLH.8915

NaotsuguLH.8915

Honestly, if Tempest water and air weren’t so bleh. I would love to. Doesn’t help that the traits are completely ununified.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Honestly, if Tempest water and air weren’t so bleh. I would love to. Doesn’t help that the traits are completely ununified.

I think its “tempest line” more aimed on what you want out of the tempest class. If you go overload doing added effect aimed then you can build the line that way if you want to go more self def you can build that way too. The last line of GM only has 2 def tool one aura and one overload the 3ed is pure WH off hand. The aura def tool my be the best for non wh tempest and the overload aimed one may be better for “light tempest” aimed builds where your just using overload as a get out tool that i can see good for staff builds.

Aura support i think is going to be 3, 3or2, 3. Boon / wh tempest its going to be 1or 2, 1 or 2, 1. For s/wh tempest the dmg version i think its going to be 1, or 2, 2, 3. For staff dmg tempest its going to be 1, 2, 2. A fun d/d dmg tempest i think 2, 1, 3 but that going to need some testing.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYncMAFOgdOAWYCcYilHAzdymZ/sEDhgQLQIAcAahA-TlRQwAhUWxUPAIlKnV/Bw+DqUCGAABYn1ZAc0je0je0jWdWn1ZpAYSrF-w

This is what i have in mind for support aura d/d ele you could use a staff if you want and the frost aura shout can be fire or earth if you want. For me i like going down air for more dmg / support if fire blinding ash was icd per person i would go fire over air but sadly its per burn abitly. You could go arcain and if you did its best to give up the cdr on overloads for strong self protection as you will have perma protection on.

(edited by Jski.6180)

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

You have not realty offered up any thing other then negativity rotten i am not sure why you hate ele class so much but you seem to think it super week because every thing an tempest is you see in the ele class.

I’m not sure what gave you that impression. Maybe it’s a communication problem.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Hm, a skill that locks you into an animation when you cannot dodge or swap attunements for a good amount of time…maybe that? Well, if you manage to cast it anyways.

They’re probably not going to change that terrible mechanic, so might as well make peace with the idea of switching class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

By that definition all classes have everything… Engi has all that + stealth, warrior has all that, mesmer has all that and stealth…. (except maybe thief missing viable range single target dps thief is prob the most specialized gw2 class) etc

This is gw2, classes are meant to have builds and lots of options. Ele doesn’t somehow have more than anyone else. They just have a popular cele build in pvp. That has nothing to do with having more than anyone else though.