Am I understanding Staff Ele right?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Q:

Hi,

Is the idea to start in say Arcane, and cast something, and then switch to Fire for the main rotation? You get advantages when you switch, right?

Thanks.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

A:

There’s no Arcane attunement. Do you mean Air?

Any advance you get for switching attunements happens through traits. The Air traitline causes a quickly lightning bolt to hit your target, and you’ll gain other benefits like higher crit chance if you spec for the middle Master trait. If you spec for Fresh Air, swapping to air grants 250 ferocity for a few seconds. Speccing in Water gives you and allies a wave of healing when you swap to Water. Fire attunement can increase damage by 10% if you choose the top Master trait in the Fire line.

In terms of rotations, I can’t really help you there, but hopefully my other info helped.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

PvE:

• DPS: Traits- Pyromancer’s Training. Stay in Fire attunement and press 1, 2, and 5

PvP:

• Offense: Traits: Fresh Air. Do not use fire traits. Use fire:5 and fire:2 as often as you can on mid. Spam CC from air:5, air:3, and air:1 air:2 for damage, and wait for air:overload, use it, and switch to earth:4. and water:4.
  • Defense: Trait lines: water and earth. The above but exchange water:overload, water:6, and water:3 for the fire attunement spells

(edited by Alex Shatter.7956)