An open challenge for all who dare

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I dare anyone to put up video of them roaming in WvW without using Ride the lightning for 20 additional seconds past the cool down if they don’t hit something. There seem to be many that say that things will be balanced like this. Anyone willing to back it up with video?

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Not fair..You need to say your enemies first that if they DODGE your rtl they cut its effectiveness at half.If you do then it becomes harder when fighting people :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

Not fair..You need to say your enemies first that if they DODGE your rtl they cut its effectiveness at half.If you do then it becomes harder when fighting people :P

I thought the same. I almost always dodge RTL because it’s not hard to notice a giant blue electric ball coming at you. However, I imagine it will be even if your target dodges, it still keeps the 20 sec cd

in Elementalist

TheGuy.3568

I thought the same. I almost always dodge RTL because it’s not hard to notice a giant blue electric ball coming at you. However, I imagine it will be even if your target dodges, it still keeps the 20 sec cd

I would still like to see someone try it before the nerf. they also said “hit” not “target”.

Kor The Cold Heart War

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Where are all the troll??? I wonder.. Too scared too accept the challenge? Come on, you Trolls out there laugh so hard and confident to say that Eles is not hit hard after nerf. Why not come in here and accept the challenge?

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in Elementalist

TheGuy.3568

Where are all the troll??? I wonder.. Too scared too accept the challenge? Come on, you Trolls out there laugh so hard and confident to say that Eles is not hit hard after nerf. Why not come in here and accept the challenge?

Honestly I did expect one person to try lol. There are few reasons some people won’t. Chief among these is lots of them don’t play DD ele at all.

Kor The Cold Heart War

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

no one will accept already, but you should’ve made things more complex adding a line as “and do not heal using mist form after you have been spotted!”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mandar.9813

Mandar.9813

The RtL buff makes me sad, but I don’t see it as being anything more than an annoyance. I usually don’t run from fights. Nearly always I choose to take my chances than try to run. Not having RtL will have the biggest impact in WvW, and it to me, a bunker d/d ele, it just means that staying in the front of a zerg a bit harder to accomplish.

People who use RtL as means of escape will be really bummed out, but otherwise I will continue to give people a run for their money. I’d rather go down being a pain in the kitten to kill than to try and escape on the lightning.

Your Resident Devil’s Advocate

in Elementalist

TheGuy.3568

The RtL buff makes me sad, but I don’t see it as being anything more than an annoyance. I usually don’t run from fights. Nearly always I choose to take my chances than try to run. Not having RtL will have the biggest impact in WvW, and it to me, a bunker d/d ele, it just means that staying in the front of a zerg a bit harder to accomplish.

People who use RtL as means of escape will be really bummed out, but otherwise I will continue to give people a run for their money. I’d rather go down being a pain in the kitten to kill than to try and escape on the lightning.

The main issue is when someone chooses to run on you. If you don’t hit them with RtL you aren’t going to catch up.

Kor The Cold Heart War

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Guess they are,trolls, all talk. Empty barrel echo loudest. And this is what surrounded us everyday. Disgusting…

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

When the changes are implemented, people will still make youtube videos on D/D, and even S/D ele. Youtube any of those and watch, that’s almost as good as your challenge being accepted, its only in 2-3 days tops anyway.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

You’ll all just have to wait and see how it really is implemented. We know what it sounds like the change will be, but we don’t actually know how it will work. If someone dodges, does it count as a hit? We don’t know. If it totally derps and just decides to not hit someone standing perfectly still for the purposes of testing (as I had done to me last night) will it count as a hit? We don’t know. The little things like that are what really will make or break this change.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

There are tonnes of trash mobs in WvW. Minotaurs, wolves, moas, rabbits, skale, fireflies, sentries, drakes, yaks… the list goes on. If you can’t hit these guys with Ride the Lightning then you don’t deserve to get away. There are thief builds that rely entirely on engaging in areas where there are a lot of NPC mobs so they get free Cloak and Dagger hits, I don’t see how this is such a huge drama.

in Elementalist

Posted by: AtoBoss.2906

AtoBoss.2906

There are tonnes of trash mobs in WvW. Minotaurs, wolves, moas, rabbits, skale, fireflies, sentries, drakes, yaks… the list goes on. If you can’t hit these guys with Ride the Lightning then you don’t deserve to get away. There are thief builds that rely entirely on engaging in areas where there are a lot of NPC mobs so they get free Cloak and Dagger hits, I don’t see how this is such a huge drama.

Umm what, "If you can’t hit these guys with Ride the Lightning then you don’t deserve to get away. "
I’m sorry but what are you trying to get at? What do you mean we don’t deserve to get away if we don’t aggro a trash mob? And im guessing your a thief? gtfo.

Holycowow

in Elementalist

TheGuy.3568

Ok first off why not take the challenge?

Why should you have to put yourself in combat simply to out run another player. Yo seem t forget that cloak and dagger makes you invisible and that smart thieves use D/P to maximize this type of play. You also seem to forget that on top of stealth in terms of just running way thief is the best equipped to evade the enemy gaze and out run them also.

Your point is completely lost. If you have the capability of making such bold statements why not take the challenge? If you read my other post it seems the reasons are obvious. Don’t respond unless you plan to show me you pulling this off. There are other threads discussing RtL. I issued a challenge not a debate. Put up or well you know the other option.

Edit:

Many of you I know for a fact do not play DD ele I respectfully request you not troll this tread and do so in the other. You by no means do you have to listen to me but, I did issue a challenge and there are many of thread for debate. I don’t troll the mesmer, the guardian, the necromancer, or the engineer forums. I don’t play those classes heavily enough to make fully informed comments on the gameplay experience. I refrain from cause frustration to others by doing so. I would expect the same from many of you. If you do not know the class and the skills please take time to familiarize yourself and post in one of the active debate threads. Thank You.

Kor The Cold Heart War

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crujiente.8612

Crujiente.8612

Not only did I try your challenge, but I also experimented with several different builds without using cantrips (although I did keep mist form for some tests), in case they were to nerf their uses as immobilize escapes. I did this in sPvP and in WvW.

The bottom line: painful. In WvW you have a much more difficult time (I kept mist form, but did not heal while in mist form as part of the challenge). Few escapes and a longer CD on RTL means you’re a sitting duck for almost everyone with an immobilize. I was using a 10/20/0/30/10 build with mostly Knight’s exotic gear (power/precision/toughness, for the newer players) except for the amulet (berserker’s – power/precision/crit damage), with valkyrie-statted jewels slotted (power/vitality/crit damage). Less mobility, and it’s harder to escape classes that are good at catching up.

In sPvP, you’re basically screwed if an engineer immobilizes you, and the same goes if you run into one or two instagib builds with at least one immobilize and that one hits you. Also, it does not matter how tanky you build. I tried bunker setups, tanky condition damage setups, glass cannon setups, and used dagger/dagger, scepter/dagger, scepter/focus, staff… if you get immobilized there is not much you can do without the cantrips, with an alpha coming your way. All of this being said, I think I liked the condition damage and the glass cannon builds most without the cantrips. You may be likely to die quickly, but by putting a lot of pressure on the enemy via conditions or lots of damage, you can turn the tide sometimes.

P.S.: They should keep Elementalist as-is for PvE, whether they go through with these nerfs or not. Although PvE is a lot easier than facing players who can think for themselves, Elementalists seem to be a lot weaker leveling up than other classes.

P.P.S.: I think we’ll be fine in WvW as long as they don’t remove our cantrips’ abilities to break immobilizes, etc. Less mobility, but as long as we still have that we can make it work.

TL;DR: Experimented with this change, but added the challenge of not using cantrips. Painful this way. As long as cantrips aren’t nerfed to not allow us to break immobilizes, we should be fine.

toast

(edited by Crujiente.8612)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

pointless discussion…
they again hit balanced/GC eles the most….

basing on complaints….oh now they can discuss if they overnerfed revealed debuff.

Balancing Patches would be comic if they didn t make the game worse any of them

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

Because everyone has recording software, and is totally going to put in the hours of effort of making and editing a video for the sole purpose of getting a person to stop complaining on a forum.

Then there’s the factor that you’re already calling people out on not making one within 12 hours of posting. Seriously?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

I think the RTL nerf isn’t that bad, just pick your fights better and only use it to engage.
I roam with a Mesmer friend all the time, we stealth in and RTL barely gets used.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

Tagging = combat = lower movespeed. Cutting 20 seconds isn’t worth running slower defeating the point of tagging in the first place.

Gonna be lame to chase now since the downtime is gonna be an eternity.

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

in Elementalist

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

Did a little one of over 3min 15min ago, i’m uploading it. Not on dual dagger; but on dagger/focus, so with even less mobility. Will i earn some gold ?

edit : It’s up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osTeVNUuX4w
As you can see at the end of the video, i roam with 1328 toughness even if i don’t have a lot of mobility.

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

(edited by Truebanana.5936)

in Elementalist

TheGuy.3568

Did a little one of over 3min 15min ago, i’m uploading it. Not on dual dagger; but on dagger/focus, so with even less mobility. Will i earn some gold ?

edit : It’s up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv3uUdQn0PY&feature=youtu.be
As you can see at the end of the video, i roam with 1328 toughness even if i don’t have a lot of mobility.

I cant particularly hate on that video. I did want to See /D roaming but focus is cool. I will say thank you for being the first one to post a vid and I mean that with no sarcasm.

However, wtf where those guys doing lol. I had to laugh just a bit not at you, but them fighting a D/F with projectile weapons even the pet was projectiles lol. Even when that warrior showed up and I saw him with the rifle I was thinking, “Seriously!”. You did a very good job of bunkering with relatively low stats. that should be applauded.

Also without the roaming part of roaming (scrimmage is part of roaming also) its hard to see how the changes will effect gameplay.

I am broke as joke right now on my toons I should be farming but I am waiting for the patch before I play.

Kor The Cold Heart War