And still no FGS #4 fix! Great job Anet!!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blazinflames.8415

Blazinflames.8415

Way to compensate for the immense damage nerf you gave!!! Now all of our elite skills are utterly useless. How is it even possible, that we have to wait for two balance patches in 6 months time and still receive no fix to our FGS (Fiery Greatsword) #4 Fiery Rush skill. I do not understand how it’s even possible that they managed to buff a skill without actually buffing it in the first place. Even at the Twitch preview it was obvious that the pathetic damage output did not compare to the so called " 2.4 times damage buff" it supposed to be getting. The damage it does is even lower then our regular auto attacks. I bet if it were a Warrior skill of any kind, things would’ve been fixed even before they were broken.

(edited by Blazinflames.8415)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

I bet if it were a Warrior skill of any kind, things would’ve been fixed even before they were broken.

-rofls off a cliff-

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

in Elementalist

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

Oh Em Gee, it’s the end of the world, all Ele builds are now useless.

You’re not going to get anyone to fix anything with that giant chip on your shoulder and the whinging tone in your voice.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Honestly fgs 4 was nerfed because killing “difficult” monsters in 5 seconds by pushing them into a wall or pulling them to a corner was bad. Now it takes 8.

If anything the change to how fgs 4, dagger fire 3 and staff 4 worked was to bring ele damage down a tad in pve. They still do massive damage anyway.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

If anything the change to how fgs 4, dagger fire 3 and staff 4 worked was to bring ele damage down a tad in pve. They still do massive damage anyway.

Lolno. It was nerfed because some kitten (I wish he will have hiccups to the end of his days) used FGS to kill Foefire lord on one of public Anet tourneys, and they nerfed into the ground it immediately, because they care only about lolesports balance. Dagger and staff was nerfed only because they use same mechanic as FGS.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Lolno. It was nerfed because some kitten (I wish he will have hiccups to the end of his days) used FGS to kill Foefire lord on one of public Anet tourneys, and they nerfed into the ground it immediately, because they care only about lolesports balance. Dagger and staff was nerfed only because they use same mechanic as FGS.

Anyone have a video of that? I’d like to see it, as FGS was one of those adjustment that getting used to stat the modes other than sPvP are considered with balance patches. I am of the opinion that PvE and WvW are taking not really taken in account when they feel the need to adjust things.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

Um, I’m getting the feeling people responding don’t realize that in order to make up for the fire trail nerf (which needed to happen), the leaping strike was supposed to receive a significant damage buff – and it’s the failure to implement that damage buff that the OP is complaining about. As far as I can tell, all the programmers need to do is change one freaking value to update the skill so it does the appropriate damage, and they haven’t been bothered to do it for MONTHS.

in Elementalist

Blazinflames.8415

Um, I’m getting the feeling people responding don’t realize that in order to make up for the fire trail nerf (which needed to happen), the leaping strike was supposed to receive a significant damage buff – and it’s the failure to implement that damage buff that the OP is complaining about. As far as I can tell, all the programmers need to do is change one freaking value to update the skill so it does the appropriate damage, and they haven’t been bothered to do it for MONTHS.

Lol, You know what’s funny? The thing I said about the Warrior actually happend. After six months of reposting the Fiery Rush bug in the bug forum we get no response, yet the Warrior gets it the same day GG.

(Thnx for clearing it up BTW.)

Arcing Slice: The damage from this skill has been increased by 10%.

the Damage against foes under 50% health did not recieve 10% damage increase.

check screenshot below, left is pre patch right is post patch.

Upon investigation, the damage increase has occurred, but the skill facts weren’t fully updated. We’ll incorporate a fix for these facts in the near future. Thanks for the report

-Karl

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bug-Arcing-Slice-Warrior/first#post4740000

(edited by Blazinflames.8415)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

Pffff, maybe thats why i was waiting so long for gs 5 skill fix

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

6 months

so true… so true

in Elementalist

Posted by: Demarca.4062

Demarca.4062

Dear A-Net… How about fixing the bug when you use FGS3 and then FGS4 immediately afterwards, but end up running backwards with the FGS4 skill.

Plz.. kthxbye!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

If that was the reason they would leave it in PVE as is and split nerf for PVP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Must be bug. Fiery rush base damage is higher than any other ele skills and still dmg is kitten.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Dear A-Net… How about fixing the bug when you use FGS3 and then FGS4 immediately afterwards, but end up running backwards with the FGS4 skill.

Plz.. kthxbye!

UGH hate that bug that causes me to backtrack when Im trying to map or get to a world boss on my ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Now all of our elite skills are utterly useless.

Glyph is not useless.

Who is using FGS anyways…..

./thread

in Elementalist

Junkpile.7439

I would use FGS whole time if i could.

in Elementalist

Blazinflames.8415

Glyph is not useless.

./thread

That’s the problem. FGS should be the offensive elite of choise. Yet we have non elite conjure abilities that perform better. Now our so called offensive elite is used as a escape/mobility tool. If this doesn’t need a fix then what does?

Promising a buff and then only applying it to the tooltip doesn’t help anything.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Glyph is not useless.

./thread

That’s the problem. FGS should be the offensive elite of choise.

Uuhm because .. ?

We do have an offensive elite. It is called Glyph of something while attuned to fire.

I don’t wannt to see FGS to return to its previous state where stacking 4 eles was the way to go PvE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Glyph is not useless.

./thread

That’s the problem. FGS should be the offensive elite of choise.

Uuhm because .. ?

We do have an offensive elite. It is called Glyph of something while attuned to fire.

I don’t wannt to see FGS to return to its previous state where stacking 4 eles was the way to go PvE.

You are completely missing the point. That PVE meta was the product of the damage from stacking the fire trail all on a single point. This has been nerfed to oblivion (for fair reasons) however was expected to be slightly compensated by increasing the damage of the targeted ending leap to a level making it sort of dangerous. This little compensation simply hasn’t happened, a skill that previously only had 2 niche uses, now only has one.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Yea, its a shame that they won’t fix this, but I guess they are worried b/c D/D cele eles use FGS for mobility, and they don’t want them to be more offensive with it?

But, man, do I miss the days of FGS + LF to 1-shot things. I quickly learned not to do this to guardians though, as retal made me the one who got 1-shot.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I don’t keep eye on ele patch notes but fgs 4 hits like truck, had 9k crit with it on lvl 80 necro the other day. Not saying I get that lucky crit on everyone but if they’d make the dmg higher, I could 1 shot some people with it.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

What’s wrong with it again? It’s working fine for me. I love using #4 and leaping a long distance to nail a foe.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

Junkpile.7439

I don’t keep eye on ele patch notes but fgs 4 hits like truck, had 9k crit with it on lvl 80 necro the other day. Not saying I get that lucky crit on everyone but if they’d make the dmg higher, I could 1 shot some people with it.

So? That skills base damage is higher than fire grabs and still fire grab would crit that same necro 14k or something.

Attachments:

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Reokie.7809

Reokie.7809

Plz.. kthxbye!

I can’t remember how many times I flung myself back into the zerg I was trying to run away from because of this same bug. What’s the point of using an already underwhelming elite if it has the chance to end up killing you as well?

Gaaxi 80 D/F Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dartanis.8205

Dartanis.8205

Eles need to understand that anet gives no f***s about ele. If being nerfed every patch has not proved this I’m not sure what anyone can tell you. Ele is one of the classes with a high skill cap if not the highest. It WAS rewarded with a strong tank and high dps for most builds. Devs didnt like getting their face roll classes wrecked sooo the nerfs rained down from on high. Welcome to modern day gaming where every buff goes to the classes that are the easiest to play.

(edited by Dartanis.8205)

in Elementalist

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

give a slight tilt to your facing and you won’t backleap with the second fgs skill