Anet I Got Your Solution Here

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Before everyone complains, my feedback is based on the idea that tempest is a frontline support and I won’t base things off of pvp or pve.

Overload
They are weak, take too long to cast, and get canceled when you switch attunements.

Overload Fire, Overload Air- Right now tempest is competing with staff ele for support. These skills don’t do enough damage. They have to compete with the utility and damage a staff provides.

Overload water, Overload Earth- Earth seems to be the only okay overload. Water attunement is lackluster. It cleanses some condis, but needs to heal more to be worth sitting in water for an extra 3 seconds.

All the overloads need a cast time reduction.

They also need to not cancel when attunements are switched.

Warhorn
It appears warhorn is great at sharing boons, but not much else. Both the skills in air are slow and rarely hit targets.

The water and earth skills seem fine. The water field moves a little too slowly and I’d like to see the aoe blind skill in earth move with you as well. This makes a tempest much more appealing since it can buff frontline on the move and they don’t have to stop to blast waters and what not.

Shouts
The only 2 i’d consider taking are Eye of the Storm and Flash-Freeze.

Flash-Freeze is my favorite since it gives a frost aura to allies. Pair that with aura share and protection on aura and you have given 6s of protection and 10s o frost aura to the frontline.

The other shouts I didn’t mention are pretty cool, but the cooldowns are way too long to justify using. Simply reducing the cooldowns to match Flash-Freeze would make the tempest a valuable asset in any frontline.

In conclusion, if we look at what the tempest can bring to the table that a staff ele cannot, it is fluidity in the fight. They make it possible, in theory, to never have to stop for water fields or empower. GvG guilds know the importance of not having to regroup and it could become a valuable tool for them.

If Anet can focus on ways to make tempest improve upon that concept, I think most ele’s would be satisfied.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

I agree with pretty much everything you posted. It’s funny, a few others (myself included) actually feel the that the water field moved too quickly. But besides that I agree with you. It’s worth mentioning at every opportunity that Rebound is just awful.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

The damage on air/fire needs to be boosted by about 200%

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

I agree with pretty much everything you posted. It’s funny, a few others (myself included) actually feel the that the water field moved too quickly. But besides that I agree with you. It’s worth mentioning at every opportunity that Rebound is just awful.

Not to mention that Rebound works with almost none of an ele’s skills. The water field moves at about the right rate. I can cast it as I’m moving forward and immediately blast with Frozen Burst, but I’ve never seen anyone else actually blast it.

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

Not to mention that Rebound works with almost none of an ele’s skills. The water field moves at about the right rate. I can cast it as I’m moving forward and immediately blast with Frozen Burst, but I’ve never seen anyone else actually blast it.

Either this skill is completely bugged, or it was triggering on my autoattacks, because I never even saw a skill recharge reduced. Not that it would even matter if it was working.