Anet can we gain benefits for dual attuning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pyroen.2086

Pyroen.2086

WP made a video on the weaver where he said it would be cool if we gained benefits from traits for double attuning. I think it would add a lot to the specialization. I wouldn’t do this to traits that reduce cooldown on fire skills because that’s just on fire skills (idk if it does it now but I would reduce the cooldown on fire mix skills too). I would do that for the following traits.
- Pyromancer’s Training (damage aspect)
- Pyromancer’s Puissance
- Zephyr’s Speed
- Electric Discharge
- Aeromancer’s Training (precision aspect)
- Stone Flesh
- Stone Heart
- Soothing Mist
- Piercing Shards

IDK about the next few but I would like to see these happen still
- Arcane Abatement
- Elemental Attunement
- Arcane Resurrection
- Elemental Contingency
- Evasive Arcana
- Elemental Surge

We’ll see how good weaver is once it’s out but this would create more interesting build options and more importantly flavor. Alright now hit me with your reasons why I’m wrong I’m ready cries inside

also I forgot to mention we should be able you double attune on some abilities too.
- Glyph of Elemental Harmony
- Glyph of Elemental Power
- Glyph of Storms

(edited by Pyroen.2086)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Luindu.2418

Luindu.2418

Anet sure think about it and not made it, also the Glyphs must be redesigned with 5 new mixed forms and, with pre-HoT, we saw too many people crying about the number of skills we earn.

in Elementalist

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Some of those bonuses would get pretty crazy pretty fast, 300 more power is 10 stacks of might, adding another 10% modifier ontop of elements of rage would get pretty silly for meteor in PvE.

I really don’t think this is a route that should be gone down. Weaver is about not fully attuning yet nearly every single post by everyone is going on about fully attuning.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wraistlin.6072

Wraistlin.6072

Some of those bonuses would get pretty crazy pretty fast, 300 more power is 10 stacks of might, adding another 10% modifier ontop of elements of rage would get pretty silly for meteor in PvE.

I really don’t think this is a route that should be gone down. Weaver is about not fully attuning yet nearly every single post by everyone is going on about fully attuning.

Disagree, weaver is a mix of both, hence the ability to full attune, and abilities that have specific conditions when fully attuned (primordial stance). Clearly it was Anet’s intention to weave in and out and mix elements or fully attune. Which is why there has been so much discussion about unravel as part of the elite spec instead of a utility.

in Elementalist

apharma.3741

Disagree, weaver is a mix of both, hence the ability to full attune, and abilities that have specific conditions when fully attuned (primordial stance). Clearly it was Anet’s intention to weave in and out and mix elements or fully attune. Which is why there has been so much discussion about unravel as part of the elite spec instead of a utility.

Agree or disagree but as I say gaining double benefit from trait lines would push ele back into god mode with a complex rotation. Nothing would touch the damage an ele could do, absolutely nothing. Just check out Fennec and Contrams testing of weaver with just alacrity, they fully attune for meteor for elements of rage and then swap out so they get a 10% increase.

If they also gained 150 more power and another 10% modifier it would get kinda silly and we aren’t even going into hypotheticals of including piercing shards from water attunement. If you could double proc that you’d see water/fire cast meteor and swap water fully to get elements of rage +40% from piercing shards. The rotation might be hard as nails to pull off but with so many modifiers it would get very silly very fast.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Piercing Shards and Bolt to the Heart at the same time? Yeah right, seems legit.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

We need more benefits for fully attuning, not duel attuning. You already have a benefit for duel attuning, and that’s gaining two attunements. If we gained the full benefits of two attunements at the same time, like Pyromancer’s Training with Aeromancer’s Training, nobody would spec out of Weaver for any reason.

This would also remove all reason to ever fully attune. Fully attuning takes several extra seconds away and you lose any duel attuning benefits that you could get (barrier on duel skill for example). The only thing, from what I remember, that you could get from fully attuning is a different third skill.

And can you imagine if Glyph of Storms worked with duel attunement? How do you think that would go? Yeah, Air and Ice storms together would be maddeningly OP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

Piercing Shards and Bolt to the Heart at the same time? Yeah right, seems legit.

You do realize you can already do this right? On base elementalist?

Water attuned – use Conjured Lightning hammer with Piercing Shards + Bolt to the Heart is any attunement.

This would expand that to potentially any attunement ability, which certainly is an improvement, but its not like this doesn’t already exist in some form lol.

in Elementalist

apharma.3741

Water attuned – use Conjured Lightning hammer with Piercing Shards + Bolt to the Heart is any attunement.

This would expand that to potentially any attunement ability, which certainly is an improvement, but its not like this doesn’t already exist in some form lol.

Yeah he’s a bit mis informed but you are also not thinking entirely of what the OP is asking. If the OP had his way you would get double Piercing Shards for being fully attuned and bolt to the heart for a 73% damage modifier in total. Which is a 29% damage boost, something ele doesn’t need.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

Yeah he’s a bit mis informed but you are also not thinking entirely of what the OP is asking. If the OP had his way you would get double Piercing Shards for being fully attuned and bolt to the heart for a 73% damage modifier in total. Which is a 29% damage boost, something ele doesn’t need.

I don’t think thats remotely what he was asking, unless i read it wrong.

I think he was asking to receive all of the “effects” of being attuned (minor traits, major traits etc) when you have an attunement on your off-hand as if it was in your main hand.

That is to say, having Air on your off hand would still give the precision but from the mastery, where as currently it will not.

in Elementalist

apharma.3741

I don’t think thats remotely what he was asking, unless i read it wrong.

I think he was asking to receive all of the “effects” of being attuned (minor traits, major traits etc) when you have an attunement on your off-hand as if it was in your main hand.

That is to say, having Air on your off hand would still give the precision but from the mastery, where as currently it will not.

Even then it would be pretty strong as you would go into water/fire to get an extra 10% mod, 150 power and piercing shards for another 20% on top of the various amounts of mods weaver is bringing. It would make weaver way too strong in PvE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Wrong example. OK, BttH and Piercing Shards while casting Meteor Shower. Plus the damage modifiers from being attuned to Fire.