Anet doesn't see we need a buff because...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

Heres my theory.

The only people who dare to play the most complicated profession with the lowest health pool and the squishiest most daring setup are only players looking for a challenge.

The only people you see rolling face on an ele now are simply some of the best players in this game, for the fact they are doing so on the most complicated profession to do it on. The majority of eles now are probably very skilled players.

Even a broken profession in the hands of a very good player can seem overpowered. The reason you see less and less eles everyday is because new players simply can’t play a broken profession and do well against a very rewarding, easy to play, overpowered (in comparison to elementalist) profession.

I manage to win 3v1’s (against all 80s) as a scepter/focus ele and kill any upleveles that might be with them aswell. Does that make me overpowered? No it just means against all these other pampered professions I’m just use to dealing with being the underdog simply because of the profession i play. I feel like anet see’s this and goes “UH OH WE CANT HAVE THAT!”

More than likely when you come across an ele, you’re running into someone who probably has a higher skill cap than whatever the opposing combatant can bring to the table and this is why anet doesn’t see we need some decent buffs.

Long story short, in the hands of an average player elementalist is garbage. In the hands of a very good player elementalist is just above average.

The reason i got good with focus is because if anet nerfs it, watch their entire ele population delete gw2 off of their computer.

in Elementalist

Posted by: red.2387

red.2387

Post spec please. :P

in Elementalist

Senjun.8149

Post spec please. :P

10-VI
10-III
20-V-III
30-IV-V-XI

Pretty standard bunker build but the real power comes from getting use to the focus and the gear.

Trinket= Half berserker and half celestial. (need the damage)
Armor= Clerics + altruism runes
Scepter sigil= life
Focus sigil= Superior energy

The most important part to playing focus ele is getting 13 stacks of might off of flamewall and saving your obsidian form only when your water attune is on cooldown and you majorly need to heal. Ether renewal can be used in obsidian form.

Also if vsing condi engy or multiple ranged classes you can also magnetic wave + ether renewal if it calls for it. For major condi stack Magnetic wave + earth 1 spam followed by air attune knockdown then dragon tooth/phoenix combo is the major killer.

The biggest advantage to this build is being able to keep team mates alive with powerful healing, while also being deadly and insanely hard to kill especially if focused if you use magnetic wave, swirling winds, obsidian form, lightning flash and mist form properly.

the setbacks- all of your abilities have an insanely long cooldown. Attunement recharge is going to be your worse enemy and it does have low sustained damage without the might but decent burst. You can’t outdamage healing signet and backstab thieves will 2 hit you so hope your finger is always over mist form.

I could go into long detail on how to play it but im sure if someone plays it enough you’ll get the hang of it in your own way that your comfortable with, but 1 last tip to it is if using altruism runes the best time to unleash your big burst if just after using ether renewal. Then you can put those stacks and fury to use.

(edited by Senjun.8149)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

I see some boasting here

Anyway you may be right, but they stated it from the start. They talked about the class requiring a high skill floor.
However, at the same time, it is the most entertaining profession to play! Even if they nerfed my ele to be as useless as warriors in PvE I would still gladly play it.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I guess some people are secretly masochist.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Senjun.8149

I guess some people are secretly masochist.

It really seems like no matter what you play as an ele, it’s always low reward, high skill requirement.

Focus is pretty rewarding in survivability but u also suffer insane damage decrease sacrificing a dagger for it. So overall like every other ele weapon it balances out to a low reward overall. No matter what you do as an ele you’re going to hurt yourself one way or another unfotunately.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

They need to balance it so it’s more like League of Legends, considering how much they want to follow it.

Compare Anivia to Ryze.

Anivia is more complex and takes a lot more skill, but is also very effective and has a lot of weaknesses as well.

Ryze has some weakness in being shorter ranged and slightly weak early game, but becomes a friggin tanky massive dps monster mid-late, but is VERY simple and faceroll to play. Easy yet stupidly effective.

Harder champs like Anivia however are actually rewarded for their weaknesses and skill requirement, unlike Elementalist.

in Elementalist

Senjun.8149

They need to balance it so it’s more like League of Legends, considering how much they want to follow it.

Compare Anivia to Ryze.

Anivia is more complex and takes a lot more skill, but is also very effective and has a lot of weaknesses as well.

Ryze has some weakness in being shorter ranged and slightly weak early game, but becomes a friggin tanky massive dps monster mid-late, but is VERY simple and faceroll to play. Easy yet stupidly effective.

Harder champs like Anivia however are actually rewarded for their weaknesses and skill requirement, unlike Elementalist.

Well actually quite the opposite eles seem to be punished for it. This is why anet needs to stay away from the game for a while and let me take over for a bit. They can go on vacation ill fix the damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

useless as warriors in PvE

What.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

My warrior dies a lot more than my ele in WvW, provides poorer support, significantly less healing, significantly less CC, and gets less bags. No, you didn’t read that backwards. The higher damage output and armor rating doesn’t make up for the lack of everything else outside of PvE.

That being said I’ll gladly take some free buffs.

(edited by Terra Dactyl.2047)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Even if they nerfed my ele to be as useless as warriors in PvE I would still gladly play it.

Did you pick the wrong class in that quote? I wouldn’t want to be THAT easy and have Warrior in PvE status (king of everything by a large margin).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

My warrior dies a lot more than my ele in WvW, provides poorer support, significantly less healing, significantly less CC, and gets less bags. No, you didn’t read that backwards. The higher damage output and armor rating doesn’t make up for the lack of everything else outside of PvE.

I dont want to make a case for anything but more toughness + health + 3k shout healing (buffed in patch notes lol) + hammer stun. And this with more dps and easyer play xD

(i dont even own an ele, was searching around if i should make one after maining a guardian for 6+ months. but after some feedback around here and ingame its not gonna happen.)

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

I dont want to make a case for anything but more toughness + health + 3k shout healing (buffed in patch notes lol) + hammer stun. And this with more dps and easyer play xD

(i dont even own an ele, was searching around if i should make one after maining a guardian for 6+ months. but after some feedback around here and ingame its not gonna happen.)

The forums aren’t the place to look for elementalist advice or reasonable opinions about the profession. It’s been doom and gloom from day 1. The ability to absorb damage that you can’t avoid is only one piece of the puzzle.

Another (more important) piece for WvW is the ability to avoid taking the damage in the first place. d/d eles are arguably the best at dancing around zergs (only one even close is thief), warriors are downright awful at it. I’ll take my lower damage, lower armor, and higher in-combat mobility and healing any day thank you.

Also: shouts still don’t heal for 3k each, even with the maximum possible healing power (including sapphire orbs in your armor instead of runes) it doesn’t matter how many times it’s repeated on the forums, it’s not going to magically become true unless the formulas are changed. And 3k total every ~20 seconds (which is roughly what 3 shouts heal for combined with 0 healing power) is terrible compared to the healing an ele pumps out.

(edited by Terra Dactyl.2047)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spartan Amada.9621

Spartan Amada.9621

I think Anet is waiting to see what the ele community comes up with to deal with the harsh adjustments made to Eles. Seeing as players are the most innovative aspects in the gaming universe.

Recently, I theory crafted a build for my ele Asuran[my main] to combat the cookie-cutter builds in the GW2 universe. Also, to try my best and work around the ele nurfs. Probably will still need some tweaking. Usually I run D/D or Staff [situational].

With the new build, it’s a Scepter/Focus build that’s viable in PvE and more so in WvW. I also have a hunch that Scepter/Focus will make a strong presence in the near future for eles.

Traits:
30 – VI/ IX/ X
30 – VI/ IX/ X
10 – I
0 [Alternatively, can put the last 10 into Arcane]

Trinket= 3 Ascended PTV, 2 PPT
Armor= Magi + Hoelbrak runes
Scepter sigil= S. S. of Accuracy
Focus sigil= S. S. of Power [can also use H. Power or Condi depending on how you run your traits]

Utilities
Conjure Earth Shield [second invulnerability], Pain Inverter[skill spammer counter], Technobabble [gap closer]

Food
Bowl of Lemongrass Poultry Soup

To obtain the full potential of this setup it will take time and also involve reading your enemy on point.

As Senjun stated, the majority of players who are still on ele are the very skilled. ;P

Join the herd or be a Lone Wolf, Silly sheep, I’m an Eagle bio-engineered by Asuran Technology

in Elementalist

silvermember.8941

The forums aren’t the place to look for elementalist advice or reasonable opinions about the profession. It’s been doom and gloom from day 1. The ability to absorb damage that you can’t avoid is only one piece of the puzzle.

I totally agree, this forum are for people that actually play or participate in a format that requires that grey matter between your skull. Not for PvEers looking to maximize dps because arenanet cant think of a way to make interesting encounters.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Da Beetus.1275

Da Beetus.1275

Compare Anivia to Ryze.

One thing I see a lot of (especially on the Ele forums) is a lack of understanding of balancing for skill. If you are unfamiliar with First Order Optimal strategies check out this video:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/balancing-for-skill

It makes me giggle when I see people comparing amount of effort in to result out of two different classes/techniques/builds/strategies. Sometimes the easy to perform technique is supposed to be powerful. Like, really powerful. Otherwise the game would be incredibly frustrating and unfriendly to new players and if that were the case then GW2 (or any game balanced that way) would become a ghost town very quickly.

Of course in order for players to progress in their own skill level, they need to be weened off of the First Order Optimal strategies in favor of the harder to perform, slightly more powerful techniques as this will ultimately be more rewarding for the player.

Why do those that know the least know it the loudest?

in Elementalist

Knote.2904

Compare Anivia to Ryze.

One thing I see a lot of (especially on the Ele forums) is a lack of understanding of balancing for skill. If you are unfamiliar with First Order Optimal strategies check out this video:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/balancing-for-skill

It makes me giggle when I see people comparing amount of effort in to result out of two different classes/techniques/builds/strategies. Sometimes the easy to perform technique is supposed to be powerful. Like, really powerful. Otherwise the game would be incredibly frustrating and unfriendly to new players and if that were the case then GW2 (or any game balanced that way) would become a ghost town very quickly.

Of course in order for players to progress in their own skill level, they need to be weened off of the First Order Optimal strategies in favor of the harder to perform, slightly more powerful techniques as this will ultimately be more rewarding for the player.

As I just said, Riot did it right.

Champs like Ryze are extremely easy to play but very very effective.

And so are champs like Anivia who are harder to play but also very very effective.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

its simply said:

when the ele players that does well on ele change to WAR or Necro or ANY other class for just 1 week playing it exclusive, they completely snowball the field and eredicates anything which would have been a challange on their ele…

personally when i want an easy pvp i switch to my necro which i am WORLDS WORSE at then my ele, but always succeed immensely with it….

the people who think ele is balanced should go do just 20 Spvp games with the ele and see how well they do then switch to the standard cookie cutter build of whatever other class they got and see the world difference there is…

on the subject though, i really feel like the devs doesnt main an ele at all and therefore really couldnt care less if it feels extremely weak in comparison to other classes, or if its base mechanics are badly made for what they balance around, simply becouse they have no interest in truly playing one

(edited by Erebus.7568)

in Elementalist

silvermember.8941

Arenanet doesn’t seem to think we need a buff because they are a lot of kitten elementalist in PvE that think being mediocre at everything is actually a good thing.

I just had an argument with a bunch of noobs in PvE on my engineer and they all claim the elementalist is great. Makes me sad.

Admittedly, I dont know why I was arguing with them in the first place.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

I agree 100% op.

I also think the reason a lot of ppl don’t think the ele needs a buff, in some way, have never stepped foot into spvp or wvw.

For starters, not being able to get to our full potential in spvp is just an idiotic design and obvious flaw. Like someone else said, and seems apparent to a lot of mmo games(dark elf assassin eq2 for one), I feel like the devs in charge of pvp must play warriors/thieves/necros.

I’ve loved my ele since the day I made him. It is arguably the hardest profession to master.

One last note, s/d, s/f I love love love! Lol right there with you op. but I hate wasting 30 in arcana… So I’m running
0/30/20/10/10
Full celestial armor and weps
Cavaliers(toughness, power, crit dmg)/zerk/pvt trinkets

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEQQJArNIQIFMhhiMoDEPsAHgDLFmBA-jkCBYjBkIAkKAI5rIas9BFRjVbDTXKpaXBSFD2dIpA-w

Skills are ER, LF, AoE, AS or SoA, Elite is Fg or ele glyph

Loving fresh air combined with obsidian focus, let’s me keep around 1800-1900+ toughness nearly all the time.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Arenanet doesn’t seem to think we need a buff because they are a lot of kitten elementalist in PvE that think being mediocre at everything is actually a good thing.

I just had an argument with a bunch of noobs in PvE on my engineer and they all claim the elementalist is great. Makes me sad.

Yes my ele is mediocre at doing the best burst and best dps in the entirety of the PvE world.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

It makes me giggle when I see people comparing amount of effort in to result out of two different classes/techniques/builds/strategies.

it happens to be how life works, tho: if you are better, you get better result.
Feeling rewarded for hitting that so-called “high ceiling skills level” is mandatory in order for the players to be willing to continue playing such class.
Elementalist verses in a more pitiful state: the better you play, the more you are punished.

in Elementalist

silvermember.8941

Yes my ele is mediocre at doing the best burst and best dps in the entirety of the PvE world.

I don’t know why you seem to think I was talking about PvE but let’s talk about PvE then.
1. Your high dps depends entirely on somone else holding aggro. Which means the moment you get the mob’s attention you die. Aka if you are fighitng for example in QG, chances are you will probably not do as well as a warrior or mesmer.
2. Your high dps depends entirely on cheap encounters, the moment the encounters evolve past that stand in place and dps, the so called damage falls apart. you have no range dps that can rival the warriors.
3. No group will ever pass up a warrior or mesmer or guardian for an elementalist, in PvE. The other 3 classes have the benefit of being really good in the other modes, while the elementalist is bad in all of them.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Well you obviously talked about PvE …

Yes of course I was talking about speedruns and speedkills. But if you take a look at how we can perform in challenging content then I think we can say we are not subpar! We will not match the dps of a warrior, but a warrior will not provide swirling winds, cripple, and weakness for example. So I think you are wrong: we are not necessarily mediocre at everything. A lot of elementalist take 30 in arcane and then they become mediocre, but it is quite possible to be potent! As I see it we are close to the role of the guardian: low health, high utility, decent damage.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Well you obviously talked about PvE …

Yes of course I was talking about speedruns and speedkills. But if you take a look at how we can perform in challenging content then I think we can say we are not subpar! We will not match the dps of a warrior, but a warrior will not provide swirling winds, cripple, and weakness for example. So I think you are wrong: we are not necessarily mediocre at everything. A lot of elementalist take 30 in arcane and then they become mediocre, but it is quite possible to be potent! As I see it we are close to the role of the guardian: low health, high utility, decent damage.

A warrior wont provide antiprojectile…..its not his job

But a Guardian or a mesmer will provide 200% or even more of that comparing to an ele.

So basically your build is to choose what to be worst in party at..

You can be worst DPS or worst support in PvE…
(without talking of conjured stuff).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Hm, so warriors do not provide anti-projectile but the elem is the worse support anyway just because guardians can provide a bit more reflects?

On a side note: mesmer’s feedback and swirling winds both have 6s duration, but swirling winds has 30s cd while feedback has 40s. That does not sound like 200% more to me.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Knote.2904

Hm, so warriors do not provide anti-projectile but the elem is the worse support anyway just because guardians can provide a bit more reflects?

On a side note: mesmer’s feedback and swirling winds both have 6s duration, but swirling winds has 30s cd while feedback has 40s. That does not sound like 200% more to me.

Mesmer focus + trait gives iWarden an aoe reflect when it spins, and Temporal Curtain a reflect, and they would have 20 second cooldowns

It just comes down to the jack of all trades, terrible at all, thing with Ele.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Yes but you have to compare what is comparable: skills to skills.
If you take traits into account then the comparison is biased.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Also, to respond to

2. Your high dps depends entirely on cheap encounters, the moment the encounters evolve past that stand in place and dps, the so called damage falls apart. you have no range dps that can rival the warriors.

The realistic fresh air rotation I am advocating in my build has an average effective range of 300 and deals around 10k5 dps under full buffs. I think this kind of number is considered decent by the community.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

If you are able to beat 3 level 80s on your ele then you either really took them by surprise (though your not glass in that spec so it had to be a somewhat lengthier battle), or they were really off rails. Sure I’ve done 3v1 on my d/p thief a few times, but I dont feel it counts as the enemies had much more potential, to the point I felt it wasnt representative.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Elementalist

Knote.2904

Yes but you have to compare what is comparable: skills to skills.
If you take traits into account then the comparison is biased.

No it’s not, people are looking at fully built lvl 80’s in these comparisons, not traitless players…. who plays traitless?

Even with traits Ele has no way to bring that level of reflect.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

I agree, but if we consider traits then we are including both augmenting and limiting factors. These factors affect not only the reflection potential of the class we are evaluating, but also many other aspects of its output (damage potential, debuffs, etc). So if we include traits then bringing factors that are significant for other kinds of outputs into the equation. We would have to compare the potential of both classes in these other outputs to avoid bias, but that would mean considering too much information for us to handle, so we cannot do that reliably. This is why I say this is biasing the evaluation.

Therefore my point stands: if we exclude traits, the elementalist has one of the best anti-projectile potential of the game.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel.6231

I see that some pll still claims ele being a better dps than warrior…
Here is 2x 80k 100b
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIDiJlRpqs4
and here giant down in 7s:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYMAB_wZS08

ofc now ele has FGS wall/rush bug that indeed does more but this will be obviously nerfed or rather fixed so it is not worth to mention. Try to outdamage that warrior from the movie as an ele without FGS bug, if you do then post a movie on YT and then we will belive you that ele has better or comparable dps to warr – until then accept the facts.

For now (ofc except wall/FGC) the best “dps” ele can provide is to solo keep whole 5 member party at perm 25 mights stacks giving 5×800= 4000k power. All party members dont need to use weapons/skills/trait/sigils/runes for mights and can use 100% offensive builds and skills. Ele is the only (and next to engi best in the game) might giver in the party while not sacrificing his dps that much (LH-1 after 25mights are there). Generally bosses dies a lot faster when I focus on giving party perm 25 might stacks compared to when I focus only to maximize my own damage.

@op
you would have zero chances against 2 competent players (any profession, even against 2 other eles). So telling that you own 3 ppl… yes…. its possible only on wvw which is generally a noob zone that promotes:
1. plyers using easy mode OP builds (those players are begginers and have no chance against a skilled player like you – watch the balancing-for-skill movie from this thread linked somewhere above)
2. players who play in zergs – those are even worst than group 1
3. ganking players, again nups whos the only chance to kill skilled player is to enter some 1v1 duel and “help” his friend to win
4. tanks or semi tanks – imho those are less skilled players compared to those who use more offensive builds
Unforntunatelly those type of players are promoted in current wvw. So against that kind of “players” as a semi or pure tank ele you can “win” 3v1… but it trully means nothing.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Lavadiel, Elems do have the best achievable dps. But not on their own: they need a speedkill set-up for this.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel, Elems do have the best achievable dps. But not on their own: they need a speedkill set-up for this.

proof it on movie (ofc without FGS rush bug) that ele can output 80k dmg in a 100b timeframe, ofc if you want to timewarp the ele also timewarp the warriors 100b.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

You mean

Feedback
IwardenS <==== best reflect
curtain
Healing skill
Blurred frenzy if traited
Distortion

a mesmer can have 100% reflect uptime for Whole party while dishing huge dps (PvE)

An ele can get near 80% ABSORB counting invul skills, giving up almost all his damage.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

proof it on movie (ofc without FGS rush bug) that ele can output 80k dmg in a 100b timeframe, ofc if you want to timewarp the ele also timewarp the warriors 100b.

That’s burst. I am talking about dps, so a 15s+ time frame is more reasonable.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

You mean

Feedback
IwardenS <==== best reflect
curtain
Healing skill
Blurred frenzy if traited
Distortion

a mesmer can have 100% reflect uptime for Whole party while dishing huge dps (PvE)

An ele can get near 80% ABSORB counting invul skills, giving up almost all his damage.

Indeed I forgot about the Pwarden. This is rarely seen though, because it is really akward to use (if I am not mistaken).

But you forgot about not including traits

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

silvermember.8941

Also, to respond to

The realistic fresh air rotation I am advocating in my build has an average effective range of 300 and deals around 10k5 dps under full buffs. I think this kind of number is considered decent by the community.

A mesmer can provide far more amounts of damage AND support on low CD like the others have said at range with minimal risk to themselves. They just offer more. Again no bias group is going to pass up a mesmer or warrior or guardian to bring in an elementalist. They don’t do much and require far more skill to play at an average level compared to those 3 classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tupi.2967

Tupi.2967

If an encounter does not need reflect, mesmer is pretty meh. Warrior team offensive support is being nerfed (empower allies tier 2 now). 100blades it’s not so reliable as you think. LH elem is pretty good for PvE. Maybe they cant do 80k damage in 1 skill, but this is a rare thing across the board anyway.

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

What reflects? What burst?

My elementalist is rather OP than bad. I always get gold participation medal with epic world bosses allowing me to ascend my character even further through challenging quests.

This video with 80k 100b was taken where exactly, some kind of tutorial area?

in Elementalist

Lavadiel.6231

>If an encounter does not need reflect, mesmer is pretty meh.

in terms of damage – yes

>100blades it’s not so reliable as you think.

I know how reliable 100b is, I play warrior. I solo dungs on my warrior and I know how good/bad 100b is. Ofc playing GS/Axe/x warrior at full potential reqires more skill than LH 1 auto attack ele.

>LH elem is pretty good for PvE

yes it is, its also quite easy and boring to play even compared to GS/Axe/x warrior
but it has no chance against a DPS warrior in terms of damage in 5s timeframe, in 15s timeframe and 15 min timeframe… actually the longer the bigger the damage gap will be – compare the cooldowns on ele damage skills and warr damage skills then compare auto attack damage that fills the gaps between damage skills are rady to use.

>Maybe they cant do 80k damage in 1 skill

not mayby but for sure, even in 2 skills and 3 skills and 4 skills elem can not do 80k dmg.

The only thing that makes eles the best dps in game (by far) is FGS rush against a wall that takes up to 200k aoe damage.

And also eles has one of the best burst in the game. By burst I mean sometging that can take average player from 100 to 0 in 1-2s.

@haviz
arah, silver mobs
also its still not max, 21-23 mights, not the optimal 200power/10% crit food, mobs 10-14 vun.

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

@haviz
arah, silver mobs
also its still not max, 21-23 mights, not the optimal 200power/10% crit food, mobs 10-14 vun.

I haven’t seen any silver mobs near arah but the strongest mob is risen high wizard. Try to damage him in melee while my fireballs rain hellfire on him from safe distance.

in Elementalist

Lavadiel.6231

>I haven’t seen any silver mobs near arah

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/NPC_rank
→ Lieutenant

> Try to damage him in melee while my fireballs rain hellfire
> on him from safe distance.

yeh I know, I love to the same on TA tree boss but we are talking about something else here.

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

>I haven’t seen any silver mobs near arah

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/NPC_rank
-> Lieutenant

> Try to damage him in melee while my fireballs rain hellfire
> on him from safe distance.

yeh I know, I love to the same on TA tree boss but we are talking about something else here.

Meh, lieutenants. Champions are what matters in this game. And world chests.

in Elementalist

Knote.2904

What reflects? What burst?

My elementalist is rather OP than bad. I always get gold participation medal with epic world bosses allowing me to ascend my character even further through challenging quests.

This video with 80k 100b was taken where exactly, some kind of tutorial area?

You heard it here folks, he gets gold medals in PvE, Ele is fine!

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

You heard it here folks, he gets gold medals in PvE, Ele is fine!

That’s what I need to ascend.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Don’t we all need the same thing Haviz? Don’t we?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I think Anet feels D/D should fit in the Bunker slot(which is what alot of people ran in sPvP in D/D hayday). S/D is suppose to be the Burst/high damage spike weapon set.

This is WvW focused but a few days ago I went 20 earth (runes of the traveler so I can still slot cantrips) so far I like it. I think what has happened is that in the OLD meta bunker was king you needed mesmer and thieves to deal with bunkers. Counters to bunkers where introduced which cause elementalist to go down on the food chain(as well as guardians but to a lesser extent).

As more anti-bunker options where added to classes the less elementalist became effective. Now in sPvP/tPvP they pretty much fill the burst damage roll with S/D.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

oZii ! It’s been a while! How’s your ascension going?

I have a strong belief that they intentionally made the condi side of the meta a bit too strong just so that people would give it a go. Now they talk about shaving it a little. You know what that sounds like to me? Inference in a market economy to reach equilibrium.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]