Anet pls stop bully Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shiraya.4012

Shiraya.4012

pls

Message Body length must at least be 15.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ardasica.4531

ardasica.4531

I suspect every class feels this way. What say the Rangers?

SF
OTR

in Elementalist

Posted by: Edward H Angle.1407

Edward H Angle.1407

Tempests had its reign as top tier DPS during HOT when they needed to sell copies of the expac. Now that PoF is out, they had to nerf Tempests so that people will buy the new expac for the Weaver spec.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Engineer and revenant say welcome to the club!

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

Engineer and revenant say welcome to the club!

Yes welcome! There’s a snack tray to the left.

In a few minutes, the club president, Nicro Mansor, will do a presentation on how [DnT] and [qT] are literally the spawn of Gaheron Baelfire.

in Elementalist

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Tempests had its reign as top tier DPS during HOT when they needed to sell copies of the expac. Now that PoF is out, they had to nerf Tempests so that people will buy the new expac for the Weaver spec.

If this happens they shoot themselves in the foot with all the elite specializations idea and horizontal progression and all that fancy stuff they’ve advertised.
Would not be better than a new gear tier in another mmo for example that makes the previous one useless.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

That’s exactly what it feels like. Which is utterly disappointing for two reasons.

First and foremost, it undermines the idea of the elite specs. It would have been nice to have a choice between the different playstyles of Tempest and Weaver. Which seems highly unlikely now.

Second, it makes Elementalists irrelevant for the next 6 weeks until release. I was pretty excited about PoF but I’m honestly questioning if I should have pre-ordered it now. 6 weeks of nothing to do in the game not only can kill my excitement, it could very well make me move to another game.

in Elementalist

Posted by: bigchunk.5190

bigchunk.5190

Pretty much this, and i’m ok with that. If tempest is too strong, no one will want to do anything else.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Pretty much this, and i’m ok with that. If tempest is too strong, no one will want to do anything else.

So make it complete trash for 6 weeks? Doesn’t strike me as a very bright idea.

in Elementalist

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

Stop being a class-ist, use your Level 80 booster to roll another class.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

I have one toon of every class at level 80, in full ascended. But I keep playing my ele 90% of the time, because the other classes simply aren’t as fun for me. Even if I switch to another character, it won’t keep me in the game until PoF release.

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

You honestly believe that these changes make Ele complete trash? I suspect Ele will still be on the high end of the dps list again despite the changes.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

You honestly believe that these changes make Ele complete trash? I suspect Ele will still be on the high end of the dps list again despite the changes.

Depends on how bad the other classes were handled tbh. Comparing the performance of the ele to the pre-patch one, the loss is substantial and enough to get it out of the meta.

in Elementalist

voidvector.2780

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Camping Fire, so much fun.

in Elementalist

voidvector.2780

Oh please.

Build still uses conjures. Besides, you pretty much camp in one element most of the time anyway:

• F/A – camp air switch to fire to to trigger F/A and only use like 2 skills in fire
  • Staff – camp fire with occasionally switching to air to use 2 utility skills

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Still felt more dynamic and fluid. Not to mention the whole “elite” spec isn’t even used.

in Elementalist

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I was kind of hoping for some off-hand dagger love. But nothing again. Oh well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Still felt more dynamic and fluid. Not to mention the whole “elite” spec isn’t even used.

I think you’re just looking for something to complain about. As a former Revenant main, I can tell you that you Ele’s have it good. Just being able to raid with your main character is a blessing. Granted, Revenant is now quite viable in raids but I was unable to join a single raid on my Revenant for months until I finally quit Rev and went Ele 2 months ago. So yeah, stop QQ’ing cuz at least Ele is still good. Besides once Weaver comes out, Tempest will probably stay the designated Support spec for PvP and WvW while Core Ele and Weaver will be optimal DPS in all game content.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

dat ele bieng good at support and dps in all game modes is a load of absolute horeshit. pvp and wvw suffer from it. more high risk smaller rewards.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

dat ele bieng good at support and dps in all game modes is a load of absolute horeshit. pvp and wvw suffer from it. more high risk smaller rewards.

PvE suffers from it as well. In the very same way.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

From a raider’s perspective:

Tempest healer doesnt have spotter, nor spirits, nor gotl, nor goe, nor other unique important buffs -> its actually worse than using a ventari healer for support.
So it might HEAL like a pro (and in a way thats really easy to play), but thats it. Nothing else.

Aurahealer would need AT LEAST a trait like spotter and a flat dps increase to be even considered in a raid environment to replace druid. Theres just no way a raidteam wants to waive on spotter, goe, gotl, spirits to have a aurahealer.

As it is? Support tempest is persona non grata except with pugs that actually need to play with three healers.

In wvw, the revenant is slowly taking on a lot of jobs the elementalist did in the past. The only thing missing… is putting down waterfields. And frost aura is here actually useful… but then, aurashare doesnt have resistance and dies easily…. so why take more than absolutely necessary of those.

And open world? Why play something that doesnt give you loot in the end?

Pvp, I really dont care anymore about, its dead. Has been for a lot of players since the cheating incident and how anet handled that.

So yes, anet bullied elementalist out of its only useful role in PvE… and for what? To promote Weaver? A profession thats so boring and unflexible it makes Staff Tempest look challenging?
Wrong way to go about it, Anet. As always.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

in Elementalist

Posted by: mygamingid.5816

mygamingid.5816

I keep toying with a FA Air/Water/Tempest Auramancer for open world, dungeons, and fractals. That’s a constant easy stream of fury, swiftness, healing, regen, and vigor. Likely to run Zealot’s so I don’t die of old age in combat, but you could give up on offense and go full Magi’s on the same spec. It would use boon food and a Sigil of Concentration to keep duration up.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Then that’s the FA for? Your damage will be nonexistent. You can supply your team with fury, but then, so can the druid. And you can’t supply GotL, Spotter, Spirits and whatnot the druid does.

in Elementalist

mygamingid.5816

The FA (and Zealot’s) is for constant auras and some damage (remember, Overload Air took a beating anyway). It’d be down to about 40% of the damage of a Dagger/Warhorn meta build with perfect boons from teammates, but it’s not for raiding and it likely won’t ever have perfect boonbots with it.

in Elementalist

Yasi.9065

So basically what you are saying is: its for sharing boring auras that dont give any dps boost in a content thats main goal is to do as much dps as possible?

Now why exactly would I want a build like that in an instanced content where every build has to bring as much dps as possible to the table, be it directly or indirectly through buffs?

See, thats exactly the problem with tempest as support. Even running a support engineer brings just more to the group than a support tempest.

As it is, you have to bring warrior anyway because of banners and EA. Druid anyway because of spirits and spotter. Chrono anyway because of quickness and alacrity.

And every little thing the support tempest can bring, one of those mentioned above already does. So theres simply NO reason to bring a support tempest.
Even if Frost Aura would bring 10% dps increase instead of decrease, it would have to be permanent to even START to consider it.

As I said above… support tempest is only interesting for people that really need a third healer on encounters like Matthias or a second healer on 100CM.

/edit:
Make Harmonious Conduit a group buff, Fire Aura a dps increase and add a spotter trait. Thats the only thing that would make me consider playing aurashare tempest as support in PvE. Id probably still go for Druid anyway, but without those things? Just not even worth thinking about.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Tempest is support it should not out dps ele core.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Yasi.9065

Then whats Harmonious Conduit doing in tempest? Why is it only a self-buff if its supposed to be support? Why are most overloads dps skills instead of support skills? Where is the unique group buff every other support build has access to?

And where is the dps boost in last patch to core ele to at least bring it on a level with condi warrior and condi daredevil?

I havent tested power engi yet, but I wouldnt be surprised if core ele doesnt even get out-dps’ed by power engi now.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Then whats Harmonious Conduit doing in tempest? Why is it only a self-buff if its supposed to be support? Why are most overloads dps skills instead of support skills? Where is the unique group buff every other support build has access to?

And where is the dps boost in last patch to core ele to at least bring it on a level with condi warrior and condi daredevil?

I havent tested power engi yet, but I wouldnt be surprised if core ele doesnt even get out-dps’ed by power engi now.

Because the player base asked for it and seem to be unable to see the use of a class outside of dps in gw2.
Most overload skills are support aimed just 2 of them had good physical dmg effects ontop of lots of support the other 2 have low to no physical dmg effect.

Arcain skills are the boost to core ele dps you should realy give them a shot.

in Elementalist

Yasi.9065

I did. They are not.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

I did. They are not.

In wvw / spvp or even open pve or you know most of gw2. Or in the raid bubble?

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Most overload skills are support aimed just 2 of them had good physical dmg effects ontop of lots of support the other 2 have low to no physical dmg effect.

Since when “most” means 1 out of 4?

Oh, and by the way, Tempest still deals more damage than core ele.

in Elementalist

mygamingid.5816

Dagger/Focus for a Condi F/E/Arc build might compete with Tempest? You give up overloads, all the Tempest traits, and warhorn. You get back a 100pt bump in condi damage, faster recharge on Signets, and maintained passive effects on Signets.

Focus is close enough to Warhorn and Flame Wall would be up a lot more often than Wildfire (16s vs. 24s cooldown). The bump to condi damage and permanent passive Signet of Fire is really nice.

I’m not sure it could compete with Condi Tempest, but it’d likely be viable DPS and probably top Power Eles now.

Edit: Posted an example in the post your build sticky. I think I like it!

(edited by mygamingid.5816)

in Elementalist

Posted by: dchsknight.3042

dchsknight.3042

I am just learning ele… What was nerfed? all I am seeing is people complain but no real explanation of what the issue is.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

I am just learning ele… What was nerfed? all I am seeing is people complain but no real explanation of what the issue is.

Tempist was mase into a Support Spec. (as it was desighned do be) and as a result no longer puts out the best DPS in the game people are salty becouse of that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dchsknight.3042

dchsknight.3042

Tempist was mase into a Support Spec. (as it was desighned do be) and as a result no longer puts out the best DPS in the game people are salty becouse of that.

Oh so it doesn’t affect people who know how to be flexible and can go with the flow of the game. COOL!

Besides I use Tempest as support already.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Weaver still wont out dps tempest. Weaver is a glassy half served solution in wvw and spvp with all the same weakness of boon coruption, condi dps and soft or hard cc. So no real game change has been applied like what they did with other professions that’s why this feel weird. It’s the non-eles pve players complaining and qqing. Guess what non-ele pve players, ele/tempest players make your job easier you brag about how they help you. Now you want them nerfed. Sounds like it’s more like witch hunt, some cried to anet again. Tempest if made full glass would out dps rotation users like Weaver. DPS don’t work vs players they roll or apply boon coruption, condi dps and soft or hard cc …… x.x

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

Because the player base asked for it and seem to be unable to see the use of a class outside of dps in gw2.

And do you remember why the player base asked (demanded) for it? Because there was no reason to pick a kittenty auramancer “support” spec over water or arcana. Make no mistake, when Tempest was first revealed it was absolute garbage and was soundly rejected by the ele player base. Remove the damage from Tempest and that’s what it’ll be again, a kittenty auramancer spec that no one will want to use over base specs because it offers nothing of value that druid can’t do better.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Pre launch I was able to use my core d/d ele to fight and beat dual tempest team. Right before the massive trait line nerfs. Core d/d ele Pre June 2015 is stronger than tempest at it’s prime and stronger than Weaver. But hey we get to use sword, that’s the selling point. It’s new and I waited a long time to wield the Bolt and since last week I have Shinning Blade.

Anet knows that we will never give up on ele. We will make due and keep on trucking as always.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

And do you remember why the player base asked (demanded) for it? Because there was no reason to pick a kittenty auramancer “support” spec over water or arcana. Make no mistake, when Tempest was first revealed it was absolute garbage and was soundly rejected by the ele player base. Remove the damage from Tempest and that’s what it’ll be again, a kittenty auramancer spec that no one will want to use over base specs because it offers nothing of value that druid can’t do better.

Your going to have to because of the weaver being the real dps spec. for the ele class. And realy look at all the problems caused by having high dps from tempest such as losing dps on weapons for ele such as staff becoming nearly a pure support wepon due to overloaded doing to much dps on-top of the wepon effects.

That the funny thing you say anet is bullying ele but its realty anet bullying the tempest a spec. that the community has used to bulled the core class of ele due to over use and exaltation.

Simply put the community wants power creep but will never say they do.