Another Cry For Elementalist Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

Let us switch in and out summoned weapons instead of “use or drop”.

Please!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

yes but first, let us and engineers be able to switch weapons OOC instead having to keep opening up our bags and rummaging through them switching from staff to dual weapons.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

yes but first, let us and engineers be able to switch weapons OOC instead having to keep opening up our bags and rummaging through them switching from staff to dual weapons.

Yeah, I’d agree with this.xP

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Yeah, let’s just give Elementalist the engineer unique abilities of using kit.

Should Engineer have Attunement then?

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Everyone has to do this.

Unless you mean you want 20 abilities per weapon AND weapon swap. Because that sounds reasonably balanced.

in Elementalist

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

Let’s all take a moment to brush up on our reading and comprehension skills.

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

They don’t need to because the kits are superior to attunements (at least on paper, not considering the actual skills). Compare an elementalist and a 4 kit engineer:

• Both have 4 weapon bars (from attunements vs kits)
  • 1 heal + 3 utilities (6-9 on elementalist, F1-F4 on engineer)
  • 4 “weapon switches” (F1-F4 on elementalist, 6-9 on engineer)
  • Engineers have only 1 second cooldown until they can switch back to the same kit (9-15 seconds on ele)
  • Engineers have a fifth weapon bar from … weapons.

(yay, trolling with facts)

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

“But then I won’t have as many cantrips” – Every Elementalist ever.

In all seriousness though it would be kinda OP’d. The amount of combos you could do by yourself would be ridiculous, if they toned down the number of finishers/fields that summonable weapons have then by all means.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tei.1704

Tei.1704

They don’t need to because the kits are superior to attunements (at least on paper, not considering the actual skills). Compare an elementalist and a 4 kit engineer:

• Both have 4 weapon bars (from attunements vs kits)
  • 1 heal + 3 utilities (6-9 on elementalist, F1-F4 on engineer)
  • 4 “weapon switches” (F1-F4 on elementalist, 6-9 on engineer)
  • Engineers have only 1 second cooldown until they can switch back to the same kit (9-15 seconds on ele)
  • Engineers have a fifth weapon bar from … weapons.

(yay, trolling with facts)

You’re ignoring the fact that engineer is the only profession that has to sacrifice a utility slot for a weapon swap. Every kit that they use is something that could have been a condition removal, stun break, or whatever. Simply having attunements has no opportunity cost at all.

Honestly, people need to stop thinking that conjures need a buff; they need to be removed from the game. The entire idea of conjures is just stupid. Why would a profession with 20 weapon want more weapon skills? If the 20 that you already have don’t do pretty much everything you need, those skills need buffs. That’s why everybody uses daggers. Daggers do nearly everything you need while the other weapons are missing basic functionality. Plus, the ele is missing some utility types that every profession has. Ele is the only profession with no viable support utilities at all. Even thieves have shadow refuge and the option to trait venoms for support, but all we have is glyph of renewal, which is pretty terrible. How about some “conjure support effect” instead of “conjure mostly redundant and underpowered skills that make you not an elementalist .”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Muppet.6485

Muppet.6485

As I’ve said in other threads, no matter how much I’d like to see this, it’ll never happen because offhand focus on switch instantly becomes the most OP pre-buff option. 4 secs of invul and an aura? Please and thank you. Maybe just for a day it’d be fun

Muppet~
[Ark]

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Our support is different to other classes support.

Muppet you can already do this :p Just click faster. And yes it’s awesome. Though using both the aura and invuln will put fire on cooldown and put you in earth or vice versa, it’s very situational :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

You’re ignoring the fact that engineer is the only profession that has to sacrifice a utility slot for a weapon swap. Every kit that they use is something that could have been a condition removal, stun break, or whatever.

A 3 kit engineer would still have the same amount of weapon skills compared to an ele + a free utility with toolbelt skill. Then again, my post was only half-serious and I have to agree with you (also with the rest of your post I didn’t quote).

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

(edited by pmnt.4067)

in Elementalist

Kardiamond.6952

@pmnt

Yet Engineer best build use 1 kit

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lecter.7486

Lecter.7486

An argument on weapon viability in situational gaming is futile. I love running w an ele for the speed alone. That and you don’t have to worry about them much. I can choose to my cc for lockdown instead of protection.

Skwisgaar Skwiigelf 80 war <tsfr>

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jonathan.1580

Jonathan.1580

Rofl @ this thread and the fact that itseven being discussed.. guess what the devs are going to nerf bring you guys back in line? YEP attunement change speed. it makes sense..its the least amount of work for ANET and settles things down.. possibly that trait you have to mae attunements switch faster? that would do it possibly.

Well they have two choices..nerf the speed of all these skills being able to be used OR nerf their effectiveness.. both accomplish the same goal but I think worse if they nerf effectiveness. but they wont..that means lots of skill adjustments =) attunement speed? easyyy

but its coming so yes debate this current topic all day which is the exact oppositte of what you’ll have? Id suggest thinking of other options =)

(edited by Jonathan.1580)

in Elementalist

Kardiamond.6952

@Jonathan

Your statement is so random. Why would they nerf attunement cooldown over anything else?

And Elem don’t have a trait to make attunement switch faster.

Did you even play Elem before saying that? I agree DD prolly need a tune down, but please learn the class before making those kind of random statement.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Muppet.6485

Muppet.6485

Our support is different to other classes support.

Muppet you can already do this :p Just click faster. And yes it’s awesome. Though using both the aura and invuln will put fire on cooldown and put you in earth or vice versa, it’s very situational :p

I’m well aware you can in PvE and WvW, and both I click plenty fast enough and abuse weapon swapping for all the buffs it gives me. I’m talking about tPvP where your weapons are locked and being able to buff like that would instantly wreck class balancing.

Muppet~
[Ark]