Another patch elementalist nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dynia.9574

Dynia.9574

I played elementalist and memser mainly since beta, every kitten patch I see nerfs to ele more and more, WTF is this kitten rly , I have enough of this kitteny game, I can uninstall this crap game with clear mind and 0 regrets

1. Elemental Attunement is now GM core traint can’t be used any more great nerf gz that make elementalist total useless
2. celestial stats will be nerfed GJ
3. air is nerfed to the ground too

kitten you arena net we all know you don’t even play your own game and we all know you can’t balance your trash game

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

You should uninstall the game and leave to go get some perspective. Such anger over a video game is unhealthy.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

You should uninstall the game and leave to go get some perspective. Such anger over a video game is unhealthy.

I think he has a valid point. This upcoming patch has at least four substantial nerfs to the standard elementalist play. Therefore, I think it’s very reasonable to determine that the game is no longer fun to play.

One of the key problems that I see with the upcoming changes is that they seem to take a lot of the fun out of the game in exchange for making it easier to balance PvP. Obviously some people will decide that it’s not worth it.

Also, speaking vehemently and expressing displeasure is not unhealthy. It’s cathartic. What’s unhealthy is bottling up your feelings or saying things deliberately designed to provoke people who are upset.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Elementalist

Dynia.9574

I think he has a valid point. This upcoming patch has at least four substantial nerfs to the standard elementalist play. Therefore, I think it’s very reasonable to determine that the game is no longer fun to play.

One of the key problems that I see with the upcoming changes is that they seem to take a lot of the fun out of the game in exchange for making it easier to balance PvP. Obviously some people will decide that it’s not worth it.

Also, speaking vehemently and expressing displeasure is not unhealthy. It’s cathartic. What’s unhealthy is bottling up your feelings or saying things deliberately designed to provoke people who are upset.

I just have enough nerfs in this game, every patch in this kitteny game ele was nerfed since beta while every other classes get boosted and boosted all time, just look on warriors now, ele didn’t get SINGLE boost since beta, you learn to your hard combos etc while kittenY ranger press 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 do nothing just press 2 and deal much more dmg than your hard made combos this is ridiculous and im done with this game, anet have no idea how to balance this game

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I just have enough nerfs in this game, every patch in this kitteny game ele was nerfed since beta while every other classes get boosted and boosted all time, just look on warriors now, ele didn’t get SINGLE boost since beta, you learn to your hard combos etc while kittenY ranger press 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 do nothing just press 2 and deal much more dmg than your hard made combos this is ridiculous and im done with this game, anet have no idea how to balance this game

anet balances the game pretty well. It just takes forever. Wait until the expansion before you decide to uninstall. You will find that ele isnt nerfed as much as most ppl think. Staff will still have its place in pve and wvw, d/d will have more variations of builds. The only thing i see possibly suffering is scepter builds.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

It’s dhuumfire patch all again. Anet simply shows that they have absolutely no clue what makes ele tick and in the pursuit of diversity they will push ele out of meta yet again. That’s a literal pendulum of being OP and UP. See ya in a year (unless tempest will change it).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

But our useless conjure weapons are so strong…. gotta nerf those too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

With the buffs to all other classes and the gigantic nerfs to ele, we will definitely go back to being the weakest and most unwanted class in the game. I guess we’ll just have to wait a year till we’re viable again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

How are celestial stats being nerfed?

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

yeah i’d like to know about that too. If they are nerfing it, hopefully its just the pvp amulet theyre nerfing and not the gear people spent time and money crafting, cuz that would just be a huge F you to all of us that bothered crafting that crap. I only use a few pieces to boost up my healing to a number im satisfied with, without losing too many other stats. Celestial is already pretty crap for ele in wvw compared to mixing stats. If it gets nerfed, it wont be worth using at all and I might as well replace those few pieces with cleric or zealots. and I really, really don’t want to craft any more ascended gear…I hate crafting or having to farm pve to pay for it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

yeah i’d like to know about that too. If they are nerfing it, hopefully its just the pvp amulet theyre nerfing and not the gear people spent time and money crafting, cuz that would just be a huge F you to all of us that bothered crafting that crap. I only use a few pieces to boost up my healing to a number im satisfied with, without losing too many other stats. Celestial is already pretty crap for ele in wvw compared to mixing stats. If it gets nerfed, it wont be worth using at all and I might as well replace those few pieces with cleric or zealots. and I really, really don’t want to craft any more ascended gear…I hate crafting or having to farm pve to pay for it.

Exactly. I went 6/6 ascended celestial armor. I will be seriously bummed.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I hope you realize celestial Nerf is only for PvP not pve.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lea.6194

Lea.6194

I don’t know if i will uninstall the game but, as these changes will be online before HoT, i will have the time to decide if i will buy HoT or not ^^

When i see all the ups on warriors/guards/thieves and the nerfs on ele and no ups, i think that this class will become a weak class … so sad

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

All those that are quitting before you install, can I have your stuff?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

am I the only one who see even improvements and not just nerfs?

tempest defense on master is quite cool for scepter builds, gale combo is deadly with that trait, also shock aura is very good anti-nuke for all eles

third minor in earth is awesome as hell now, -20% dmg from enemies in 600 range? yes please! that’s -53% dmg with prot from elemental shielding (also tempest defense say hi!), also when we have 3 grandmaster traits, I think we could use even stone heart or diamond skin, because why not? earth eles will be quite durable

and water? soothing ice anyone? that regen + frost aura is quite awesome, another -10% dmg and chill the attacker, together with other traits it’s already how much? -63% dmg? quite a good defense against nuke

and blasting staff as default behavior is 1 free trait for all staff eles, more than just an average buff

arcane line just wont be mandatory anymore, will it still be worth investing? maybe, but there will be good options in another lines now…

I know I’m maybe overreacting, but people who say ele will be useless are overreacting too, in theory there are many good options and we should wait until we try them before we judge them…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eolirin.1830

Eolirin.1830

Ele is not being nerfed nearly as much as you think.

They’re changing, and some options and combinations are going away, but new ones are coming up too. Just for instance, you can take tempest defense at the same time as lightning rod, or as a more fleshed out build, you can take burning precision, burning fire, blinding ashes, soothing disruption, cleansing water, and stone heart, park yourself in earth attunement, and have stupidly good blind application with great condi cleanse, immunity to critical damage and a 20% damage reduction against foes at <600 range, making you a crazy tough condi build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Snow White.1842

Snow White.1842

Nope. Op is correct. Ele is getting hit with some serious nerfs. There may be some slight build opportunities opening up, but a lot of current builds will become under powered once everything falls into place.

For starters. Traits and attribute points are being separated. Sounds good on the face for nearly all classes. I mean, the points are reassigned to armor, right? But…what does that mean for the ONLY class to have BOTH the lowest armor and the lowest health pool? If Elementalists are not getting MASSIVE damage over the other classes, I’m seeing no reason for the class to remain on the lowest tier of both health and armor. Yet…here we are. I’m sure some stat allocating will take a little pressure off, but lets be honest…anet forgot they made only one class in this position and don’t have any idea what to do about it. To sum this up, ele starts with less stats than every other class when you consider to translation to vitality and toughness.

Celestial stats. Someone has stated already that this is ONLY for pvp. I guess you must know more than everyone else since it was not clearly stated that this change was ONLY for pvp. As far as I recall they mentioned adjusting the stats on the pvp amulet, but the pve aspect was not mentioned at all. Considering anet’s wonderful track record for wack a mole straight across the board “balancing” (which they denied previously…although I’m unsure on what basis) I’m pretty sure we can count on the pve version of celestial to take a solid hit at the same time as the pvp amulet. It will most likely be an “accident” that will take 6-12 months to fix.

Next on the list. When you look at other classes trait lines, even in the current unfinished state. You can see builds emerging. You can see potential damage increases or at the very least the ability to salvage a current builds functionality somewhat. So far with the ele info I can see 2 maybe 3 middle ground builds. With the placement of certain traits a lot of damage is lost in a lot of different spots. Although I will admit it looks interesting, there is no question we will soon be the lowest dps with the lowest armor, building tanky builds and playing as half a healer. Unless there are some serious changes to the trait information that was given out, or someone takes notice that ele is the only class with both the lowest armor and health pool, this class will most likely fall not just out of the meta, completely out of competition. I’ll still play it for love of the class, but that’s about it.

On another note. Since this whole dog pile trait system is coming before HoT…they might want to fix all the concerns with tomes and skill point scrolls. That minor detail…and how many skills all my characters may lose will play a large role in my decision to buy HoT. I just don’t have time to fix all my characters if they become fatalities in this train wreck.

in Elementalist

Dynia.9574

and who cares about trash pve ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

Don’t even compare Elementalist to Warrior. I have mained both, Warrior has ONLY been nerfed with every balance change since the beginning of the game and are absolute trash in most cases. This patch is actually a good thing for them and will balance them out significantly. As for Elementalist, yes these are pointless nerfs and are unjustified.

Who cares about PvP? This game has literally the worst PvP I have ever seen in a game. It has great potential for all game types but ArenaNet’s dream of making it an eSport is ruining it for everyone. It obvious they have no clue how to balance it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Don’t even compare Elementalist to Warrior. I have mained both, Warrior has ONLY been nerfed with every balance change since the beginning of the game and are absolute trash in most cases. This patch is actually a good thing for them and will balance them out significantly. As for Elementalist, yes these are pointless nerfs and are unjustified.

Who cares about PvP? This game has literally the worst PvP I have ever seen in a game. It has great potential for all game types but ArenaNet’s dream of making it an eSport is ruining it for everyone. It obvious they have no clue how to balance it.

Considering the PvE is even worse than PvP when you compare it to other games, I wouldn’t brag about it. PvE as long as you have the patience you will win.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Teladis.1309

Teladis.1309

…at least you are not necromancers.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chris.5720

Chris.5720

I’d rather get nothing than being nerfed. And no, condition necro did not get nerfed. After the patch necros will overall be in a better spot than now. Eles are being nerfed all around.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Teladis.1309

Teladis.1309

I’d rather get nothing than being nerfed. And no, condition necro did not get nerfed. After the patch necros will overall be in a better spot than now. Eles are being nerfed all around.

You mean the part where half the class does not even work half right? Or that core skills of the class just does not work well with the DS? Or how about being a condition class, and got the least amount of condition love? in fact, forcing them to pick from skills that they have and depend on (terror) for some defense?

It seems like Elementalist have it made in my books. Even after the nerfs

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Likely the metric that pushed for an expansion and the population that is more likely to throw money regularly at Anet, but spvp can completely stand on its own and keep the company in the black.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Necrum Davengers.3519

Necrum Davengers.3519

Why you talk if you don’t know. Seriously this class every patch is a nerf and i’m done with this,because in PvP my damage are weak the only way to play is support,and this not how mage works in every Rpg game.