Any Blinding Ashes build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

As the title says, is there any semi-decent BA build you’ve seen? I like to roam around in WvW/EotM with a friend usually(sometimes solo) and I do some light SoloQ every so often, but I always use D/D(Cele 0/0/2/6/6) and while I love it, I’d like to try something new and I always thought this trait was interesting when it was announced.
Before I get to experimenting though, I wanted to know if there’s anything you guys have found to be effective. Any ideas?

in Elementalist

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

I run it on my tpvp staff ele build, but the main reason people don’t take it is because the single target blind limits its use, even on a 5 second cd. That being said, it helps to counter thief basilisk steals with staff 3 or mesmer greatsword clones, so I have a niche use for it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

krazyflyingchiken has a celestial staff build that uses it, but i wouldnt find it viable in wvw especially small scale stuff like roaming. I wanted to try a s/f build using this trait, but utilize the new sigils from the wintersday event and create a blind spamming ele. You can go full dps scepter with all arcane utilities and go like 6/6/0/0/2. Good damage. Try some thing like this? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAodhcMacW0wwBfEBGAGxowQIcCIA0DHdDKdGA-TJRHwAFeAAc2fAwJA4YZAA

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

I use a blinding ashes build that revolves around dagger/focus weapons. My build is condition-based, not power… but it is still a fun build to use regardless.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/WvW-broski-s-condition-ele-vids

build link in the description of the vids – no runes there because I keep changing them

a little side note… if you want to p#ss people off and make them mad use rune of perplexity!

Broski

(edited by Dahir.4158)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

66002 S/f is an absolutely top tier 1v1 build. Does a metric ton of damage and is near untouchable through the defensive cooldowns and the blindspam.

Gear is full zerk or very close to it. Rune is preference, but scholar is nice.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

66002 S/f is an absolutely top tier 1v1 build. Does a metric ton of damage and is near untouchable through the defensive cooldowns and the blindspam.

It is good in a pvp setting. Not so much in wvw id say.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

It is good in a pvp setting. Not so much in wvw id say.

Agreed. Though that can be said about anything that’s not xxx46 DD ele (and staff for zerging). I run blinding ashes scepter somewhat often and it’s good fun.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

I use a blinding ashes build that revolves around dagger/focus weapons. My build is condition-based, not power… but it is still a fun build to use regardless.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/WvW-broski-s-condition-ele-vids

build link in the description of the vids – no runes there because I keep changing them

a little side note… if you want to p#ss people off and make them mad use rune of perplexity!

Pretty cool! Never see anyone use the Shield. Nice.

I’d rather use a Power build though(mostly because I don’t want to make a brand new set of armor since I’m making an Incinerator…) so I’m gonna try a bunch of different ideas here maybe. The S/F build looks like it would be a lot of fun actually; I’ll try to make something work for my roaming needs. I don’t expect it to be better than D/D at it, but I’m just mostly gonna ambush and chase with a friend, so it doesn’t need to be amazing, just evil

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I tried blinding ash and lightning rod all at once with my staff ele and I had a lot of fun. That being said, that 66002 build was either wrecking my opponent or I was being wrecked. I still prefer my current more stable build 20066 and blinding ashes is still not quite efficient enough for me but I did have a lot of fun with my 66002 build using it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I’ve been pretty succesfull with blinding ashes. I especially like to combine it with the new sigil that throws blinding snowballs when swapping weapons.
As a D/F elementalist you already have pretty high survivability add in the blindness condi and you can beat people without getting hit… ever.

story:
I had a 60026 zerker D/F build with arcane skills (no evasive arcana) in pvp for as much blindness as I could muster. I fought this one warrior 8 times and all his skills always missed. He didn’t hit me even once. But because he was never alone after a minute or so I would die.

Its good for 1v1’s near imba but because pvp is rarely about 1v1’s it is balanced, quirky, fun and worth a try.