Any change on Weaver during stress test

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Only thing I saw 1/2 cast time on the first attack of the sword auto chain, I think it was before 3/4.

Does anybody discern something else?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mogsterfortytwo.6712

Mogsterfortytwo.6712

The first attack on the #1 chain was always 1/2 second; they stated they were the same builds as the preview weekend – they have new builds but they couldn’t get them live in time for last night’s stress test.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

There was no change that I’m aware of.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I would love to see the changes to come. As things stand weaver seems more like a tank then a dmg dealing class and some other classes are way overloaded with rolls.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I would love to see the changes to come. As things stand weaver seems more like a tank then a dmg dealing class and some other classes are way overloaded with rolls.

Weaver is loaded up with dmg utils and traits. It does have some defense options, as it should if you want to be melee with the lowest armor and hp pool, but I think its far from a ‘tank’

in Elementalist

Posted by: len.7809

len.7809

Weaver is loaded up with dmg utils and traits. It does have some defense options, as it should if you want to be melee with the lowest armor and hp pool, but I think its far from a ‘tank’

Weaver’s power damage is kitten in comparison with core ele. It’s loaded with condition damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Weaver’s power damage is kitten in comparison with core ele. It’s loaded with condition damage.

Weaver is not sword.
Dagger, staff, scepter still have the same coeficients…
Weaver has quite a few traits to improve power dmg, bonus to power and precision on attunements and the elite skill gives you even more…

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elemental_Polyphony
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swift_Revenge
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Elements
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elements_of_Rage

Combine that with air and fire and you have a great power dmg boost.

Sword could use a direct dmg buff, but weaver in itself has good dmg modifiers…

(edited by lLobo.7960)

in Elementalist

Posted by: PainbowBrite.3785

PainbowBrite.3785

Scepter/dagger and scepter focus looks like it’s gonna be good for power. The fire/earth #3 on scepter along with dragons tooth does a good amount of burst. I’m interested to play around with it some more.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

It’s a pity to play weaver without a sword… Aside from dual attuning, that’s the charm of the spec.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

The availability of the off hand skills leaves much to be desired, but I was getting used to them, not sure how I feel about it if I know an off-hand skill is needed to survive better.

Some of the better things sword has over dagger are the evades and water field, otherwise the gap closers on dagger are of 150 more range.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Having a sustane tool like barror on its 3 skills and as a dodge roll makes it the most tankly version of ele even more so then tempest oddly. All though its tanklyness is timed to a point so you can last for the duration of the barror but then your open for hits. Your not going to get more armor for playing a class all though weaver dose get more armor for being in earth then core ele and tempest. Ele still a light armor class and all of its elite spec will be to.

Now i would not mind seeing weaver fill that high dmg low hp low armor but high shields roll that you see in other games. Think protoss from starcraft high dmg but low hp yet at the same time high shields. Weaver is a zelot with a sword i guess.

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I was wondering what’s the up-time of Elements of Rage.

I did not play Weaver really much, but from my understanding it works like this:
Let’s say we want to fully Attune to Fire while we are in another Element, this would take 2 clicks on Fire Attunement. Once we click on it, we are partially attuned, there is a 10 second delay until we can click again, so the first application of ER will hit after 10 seconds.

Then we need to wait 4 seconds to attune to let’s say Air. In order to get back to dual Fire attunement we need to wait for the cooldown of Fire Attunement, which should be 6 seconds (10 base plus the 4 seconds we waited to enter Air). Does swapping to Air add extra seconds to Fire Attunement or it stays at 6?

Going between Air and Fire like this means you get 8 seconds of Elements of Rage every 10 seconds, that’s a very good uptime of this really good buff. Is my math off here?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

I was wondering what’s the up-time of Elements of Rage.

I did not play Weaver really much, but from my understanding it works like this:
Let’s say we want to fully Attune to Fire while we are in another Element, this would take 2 clicks on Fire Attunement. Once we click on it, we are partially attuned, there is a 10 second delay until we can click again, so the first application of ER will hit after 10 seconds.

Then we need to wait 4 seconds to attune to let’s say Air. In order to get back to dual Fire attunement we need to wait for the cooldown of Fire Attunement, which should be 6 seconds (10 base plus the 4 seconds we waited to enter Air). Does swapping to Air add extra seconds to Fire Attunement or it stays at 6?

Going between Air and Fire like this means you get 8 seconds of Elements of Rage every 10 seconds, that’s a very good uptime of this really good buff. Is my math off here?

Its close 100% i think. You lose your burst skill for a time to get it. You want to start in off effect of the atument you want to do dmg in as most of the 4 and 5 skills are ele big dmg hits such as fire for metor. During the cast of the skill you swap to what your main is so your doble attunement. You now have swap to fire or the dmg atunement and use its 1 to 3 skills then doble swap to that main dmg atument. You may lose element rages for a time but you can get Weaver’s Prowess if you go that build (i guess scpter would get more out of that). I realty want to see weaver pull off viable staff dmg like the old core ele staff dmg before HoT and core ele got nerfed to the ground due to tempest dmg effects.

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

HoT and core ele got nerfed to the ground due to tempest dmg effects.

What Tempest damage effects? Tempests only got one damage boost: Harmonious Conduit, the rest of the damage comes from Overloads

Harmonious Conduit gives +10% extra damage for 4 seconds every time you complete an overload. To access your first overload you need to wait 6 seconds and the cast time is 4 seconds, which means you will get the damage buff in 10 seconds.

After the first buff you need to wait 20 seconds to access the overload again and then 4 more seconds to finish the channel. So the comparison between the two:

Elements of Rage: 8 seconds of +10% damage +Ferocity equal to 14% of Power every 10 seconds, 80% uptime

Harmonious Conduit: 4 seconds of +10% damage every 24 seconds, that’s only 17% uptime

Not only Elements of Rage is stronger than Harmonious Conduit, it also has a much better uptime! Maybe that’s why they nerfed Staff Ele damage, because with Weaver we’ll get a much better damage buff.

As a Weaver, we also get +120 Power while attuned to Fire with Elemental Polyphony, and +7% flat damage increase with Swift Revenge when we get swiftness.

So the big question will be, is +17% damage on all attacks, +120 Power, +14% of Power into Ferocity worth as much as the Overloads?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

HoT and core ele got nerfed to the ground due to tempest dmg effects.

What Tempest damage effects? Tempests only got one damage boost: Harmonious Conduit, the rest of the damage comes from Overloads

Harmonious Conduit gives +10% extra damage for 4 seconds every time you complete an overload. To access your first overload you need to wait 6 seconds and the cast time is 4 seconds, which means you will get the damage buff in 10 seconds.

After the first buff you need to wait 20 seconds to access the overload again and then 4 more seconds to finish the channel. So the comparison between the two:

Elements of Rage: 8 seconds of +10% damage +Ferocity equal to 14% of Power every 10 seconds, 80% uptime

Harmonious Conduit: 4 seconds of +10% damage every 24 seconds, that’s only 17% uptime

Not only Elements of Rage is stronger than Harmonious Conduit, it also has a much better uptime! Maybe that’s why they nerfed Staff Ele damage, because with Weaver we’ll get a much better damage buff.

As a Weaver, we also get +120 Power while attuned to Fire with Elemental Polyphony, and +7% flat damage increase with Swift Revenge when we get swiftness.

So the big question will be, is +17% damage on all attacks, +120 Power, +14% of Power into Ferocity worth as much as the Overloads?

Overloads them self are the dmg boost. Air overload dose the most dps ele can do. Its freash air that keeps it moving there just not a skill like that on any of ele weapons even sword dose not seem to have this.

I do hope weaver staff dmg work maybe scpter too.