Any tips for Scepter/WH

Any tips for Scepter/WH

in Elementalist

Posted by: Netjester.3156

Netjester.3156

Is it just me or is Scepter / WH much more difficult than Dagger / WH? I’ve been playing D/Wh for about a month and I’m attempting to switch to Scepter but I’m having some trouble wrapping my head around the rotation. I seem to be switching back to Air too quickly and my Phoenix doesnt go off but my Wildfire does. Also am I aiming to use the blast finisher from Dragon Tooth / Phoenix inside my combo field from Wildfire?

Any tips for Scepter/WH

in Elementalist

Posted by: mygamingid.5816

mygamingid.5816

Dagger/Warhorn is a lot easier, no question. Unless you really want the range or that 2k DPS against a large hitbox (and can hit the rotation to get it), Dagger/Warhorn is probably the better choice.

Any tips for Scepter/WH

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Wildfire always goes first, then DT, then Phoenix. If any of those are on CD then skip them absolutely do not wait for them to go off CD. Reason being is that when you swap to Air attunement you get permanent precision bonus but more importantly a temporary gain in Ferocity from FA.

I enjoy Sc/W much more because of the range which makes it a lot faster to breeze through mobs since you don’t have to time your attacks as much. Plus Phoenix has incredible cleave especially if you place it well. Another tip, you CAN cast Phoenix while swapping to Air, but you probably need to hit the key really quickly like 2-3 times just to make sure Phoenix goes off.