Any viable D/F tempest build for wvw?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

I only see D/D tempest roaming vids/builds in wvw hardly seen D/F tempest.

Are there any build with air trait (lightning rod or fresh air) that is viable in wvw except the 1 on the metabattle that uses earth/water/tempest trait?

in Elementalist

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

I literally cannot remember the last time I lost a 1v1 on d/f fresh air tempest in WvW, I’d call it pretty viable for roaming.

As for specific builds, well, that’s mine: d/f fresh air

At times I like to switch the cele trinkets for zerker though (more oomph on air overload). With all the protection, damage reduction & passive healing going on power builds basically can’t touch it, and since most all condi build players in WvW like to exploit full dire stats, diamond skin alone takes care of that.

When running with a group, switch to the tempest heal instead of restoration signet.

For zerging, use stone heart instead of diamond skin and rebound instead of FGS.

This build will most likely be trashed with upcoming balance patch though, as the new diamond skin won’t be able to deal with dire perplexity cheese anymore. Maybe ether renewal can save it, otherwise water line will get mandatory again.

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

-This is what i fear. Water comes back as mandatory for ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I typically run fresh air tempest (air, water, tempest) when I play, I don’t run dagger / focus. I prefer dagger / warhorn. Of course, I don’t roam alone, and I’m also running aura share.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Earth air tempest d/f should work out once the game is updated on the (26?). Mixing up DS with cdr of earth or stab on earth swap ontop of freash air / air overload spam your dps out put and abitly to keep moving should be a strong foces on the battle field. If soft movement cc is getting to you you give up heal on auras for -100% duration when overloading.

Though it seems foces is going to get an update so it may become even better after that.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA