in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainyman.6487

Rainyman.6487

I want to know it.

Any viable dagger focus ele in PVP?

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

Viable yes, optimal – that’s what you have to decide for yourself, I find d/d to be still stronger but some ppl might not agree with that.

If you go d/f, build around fresh air and use a slightly more glassy build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

D/D has more CC & support.

D/f has projectile deflects/reflects and more condition removal for yourself.

Only thing D/f tends to be better against is D/x thieves and rangers.

in Elementalist

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Yes just run the normal d/d build with d/f. It’s not as good but it’s more self reliant with projectile mitigation and an invuln to safestomp or saferez. Gale is pretty strong as well but updraft works on downed targets which can prevent a rez.

in Elementalist

Posted by: verskore.4312

verskore.4312

personally I find D/F waaay better than D/D (played both for quite some time). my traits are 2/0/0/6/6 with the spell slinger trait. focus is just so good for survival and with the very good might stacking you can still do tons of damage. You’ll also laugh at the power rangers cus they can’t do anything against you (love focus earth skill 4) and thieves will just fall like flies to you. But this is just my opinion

D/F ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

is not better going S/F rather than D/F for tpvp (with fresh air berserker)

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Due to dagger main hand forcing you into close range, it isn’t that viable as berserker other than a gimmicky full burst build. I’ve run a couple d/f builds and the sustain vs. damage doesnt match up compared to d/d.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I crafted a D/F power/condi hybrid build that has been extremely successful for soft bunking and brings enough dps to team fights. It can hit very hard though it’s slightly gimmicky.

If you want me to message you it, I can. I’d rather not post it though because it’s a bit of an odd build and I’d rather not hear everyone’s critiques until I have video gameplay to back it up.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phantaram.4816

Phantaram.4816

I’ve been playing zerker Dagger/Focus fresh air in spvp a lot lately and in my opinion it’s the next strongest build for Ele after dd cele in spvp. Stronger than Scepter focus fresh air in my opinion.

0/6/2/0/6
Air: Super speed on air attune, 10% damage in air, fresh air
Earth: 10% damage in melee
Arcane: Vigor, Ele attunement, Evasive Arcana
D/F
Ogre Runes
fire/air sigils
Berserkers amulet

Utilities: Arcane Shield, Lightning Flash, Signet of Air
Elite: Fiery Greatsword.

You could use Mist Form instead of Signet of Air if you’d like. Then you could replace Ogre with Rune of the Pack so you still have good mobility.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I want to know it.

yup, dragon rank D/F main elementalist.
Took some getting used to but there are many viable builds for it.
from least viable to viable:
condi
bunker
zerker
celestial

Condi can work but is hard to pull off and compared to other condi builds it just lacks something but not sure what.

bunker… have been reported as hacker because 4 people weren’t able to take me down after 6 minutes long battle. Didn’t happen just once but time and time again. I do like to keep the build to myself though.

zerker… is a fun trollbuild that I run, there are a couple normal builds as well but for me it works best with the spellslinger mightstacking build.

celestial… if you know the viable D/D builds then just apply those to D/F. Works just fine.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

personally I find D/F waaay better than D/D (played both for quite some time). my traits are 2/0/0/6/6 with the spell slinger trait. focus is just so good for survival and with the very good might stacking you can still do tons of damage. You’ll also laugh at the power rangers cus they can’t do anything against you (love focus earth skill 4) and thieves will just fall like flies to you. But this is just my opinion

… power rangers took down one of those in wvw in 6 seconds. Then took the camp solo. D/D is pretty hard to take camps solo