Anyone rocking a storm build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

I’ve been interested to try it out, I would imagen staff, glyph of storms and fiery greatsword comming into play. Anyone ever come across a working build that focused on calling down elemental storms? If so you should post build here, thanks

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

(edited by Edenwolf.6328)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Any build that focuses on one utility spell is a bad build.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Edenwolf.6328

Are there any rune sets which can summon a storm?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xunleashed.5271

Xunleashed.5271

glyph of storms doesn’t worth to use atm, low damage, nice conditions but way too long cooldown

Xunleashed [BT] – Elementalist
WvW Videos Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/XunleashedGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Only time I pulled off Glyph of Storms was in earth in a Zerg dive where the AOE blind was a ghetto Necro well.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kirec.2394

Kirec.2394

Disclaimer: New, non-main elementalist here. Funcrafting. Here ya go:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=Vl;4R0-X095NNkY0;9;5J;0J;127;557;9;6k51Q

A level 50 AoE/Storm build for PvE. Glyph traits, boon synergy, big Staff AoE, and vigor on crit because you’ll need the dodges AoEing packs of mobs . The lesser elemental glyph provides some aggro-distraction, and fire and water elementals have AoE snare abilities for those packs of mobs you’ll be murdering. The conjured bow and greatsword both have “storms”.

If you wanted to take it past level 60 (there are more effective options from my research so far, but to each his own), you could grab 30 in Fire for Persisting Flames and the conjure trait, or get Evasive Arcana (more AoE) and have some points to play with.

(edited by Kirec.2394)

in Elementalist

Edenwolf.6328

Disclaimer: New, non-main elementalist here. Funcrafting. Here ya go:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=Vl;4R0-X095NNkY0;9;5J;0J;127;557;9;6k51Q

A level 50 AoE/Storm build for PvE. Glyph traits, boon synergy, big Staff AoE, and vigor on crit because you’ll need the dodges AoEing packs of mobs . The lesser elemental glyph provides some aggro-distraction, and fire and water elementals have AoE snare abilities for those packs of mobs you’ll be murdering. The conjured bow and greatsword both have “storms”.

If you wanted to take it past level 60 (there are more effective options from my research so far, but to each his own), you could grab 30 in Fire for Persisting Flames and the conjure trait, or get Evasive Arcana (more AoE) and have some points to play with.

Cool stuff, ya I totally forgot the ice bow storm, thanks for posting.

(edited by Edenwolf.6328)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Staff and glyph aoe is too random with long cooldowns. d/d is better controlled/reliable aoe, although riskier. I prefer s/d right now since it has superior single target burst but also moderate aoe.

IMO this game doesnt really have many opportunities to just nuke an area over and over since mobs and players are so mobile. I find it faster to kill single targets than to hope random falling fireballs will kill(or even hit at all) every target in an area. Plus it enhances my fun to pick out the weakest targets to exploit.

in Elementalist

Edenwolf.6328

Staff and glyph aoe is too random with long cooldowns. d/d is better controlled/reliable aoe, although riskier. I prefer s/d right now since it has superior single target burst but also moderate aoe.

IMO this game doesnt really have many opportunities to just nuke an area over and over since mobs and players are so mobile. I find it faster to kill single targets than to hope random falling fireballs will kill(or even hit at all) every target in an area. Plus it enhances my fun to pick out the weakest targets to exploit.

Ya I can’t picture the stormancer build being viable for solo pve or pvp but I can picture it doing well in wvw and dungeons.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I run a build similar to the one Kirec linked (mine is 0/30/0/20/20), and it works beautifully in PvE, dungeons, and group situations in WvW. The staff’s skills really aren’t set up for 1v1 or sPvP in general, and this build is no different. I do not use Renewing Stamina, because I use a Superior Sigil of Energy and having both is somewhat redundant (IMO).

The other nice thing is that it is not limited to any one type of weapon. Blasting Staff and Renewing Stamina are interchangeable depending on what weapon you’re using and personal preference. With good gear, this trait setup can do well with D/D and S/D for solo roaming in WvW or single-target dungeon bosses.

The build is also helped by the versatility of glyphs and the strategy based on knowing the four possible effects for each one.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’d try something like 0/30/0/20/20 for the storm build but I’d take Tornado instead of FGS and then for the other utilities take glyphs and essentially just make it a Glyph + Control/Support build with some damage.

It could do -ok- in 1v1s but it’d certainly do much better in group fights.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Elementalist

Posted by: Undi.5689

Undi.5689

Yes. I’m using Glyph of Storms in pve and wvw and I like it alot. It’s so great for lootbags in big zergfights ^^. The best storm of those is hands down the Sandstorm with blind and bleed.

I’m running a zerker + boon duration build, 0/30/0/10/30 with staff. With traits for quick glyphs, bigger staff aoe area, and vigor on crit among some.
For utilities i have the Glyph heal, Glyph of Elemental Power (yes, actually), Armour of Earth, Glyph of Storm and either Tornado for wvw or Fiery Greatsword for pve stuff.

The most usual way I use the skill is that I start in Air, then use the Glyph of Elemental power to get the Vuln. chance on skills (duration 30sec). Then I switch to earth and use Glyph of Storms to place the Sandstorm. After that I follow up with Tornado while using the tornado-blind skill on that, or if its any pve; continue normal dps. Last part is collecting the lootbags~~ huhu ^^