Anyone use warhorn?

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

I just cannot find a good use for it. Is it useless?

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

The single most interesting skill to me was Heat Sync and they destroyed it. Why do we need more ways to share might and fury? Hello ‘Persisting Flames’…

I keep hearing about how broken being able to share quickness, resistance and aegis is but Mesmer can already do it via a trait and utility. We should at the very least be able to also share the boons we give from Elemental Attunement.

Tempest gave us a couple NEW things that we weren’t able to do before but slowly they took them away. First was the removal of boon rip from Wildfire and now any meaningful boon share has been taken away also, until we are left with the same exact stuff we had to begin with, just wrapped up differently.

Please reconsider.

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Humblekain.5418

Humblekain.5418

Excellently put Autumn, +1.

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Not only that, but the fire field from warhorn is so kitten sluggish, having to wait until it is build up completely to start blasting

From what I can see, warhorn just sucks.

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Comfy Chair.7265

The Comfy Chair.7265

I use it pretty much all the time now with dagger. Heat sync is easily the worst skill (if they add a fire aura to it, I’d love it), but otherwise I find the other skills genuinely useful! Lightning orb is suprisingly good damage when paying attention to how many of those little numbers pop up, the fire field is a little sluggish but also long lasting without persisting flames, which is great for might stacking. The water skills are both solid heals, sand squall is simply awesome, and even the dust storm isn’t bad (yes, it’s slow, but it’s a quick fire and forget skill which deals decent damage and blinds over a large areas when it’s wound up). The air pull is also pretty decent.

However, I think the build needs to really play into auras and really learning how the make your dagger and warhorn interact well. As it stands I tend to be able to stack high level of might (18-20 for around 6-7s or so with a decent tail of around 8 might, now that I’m running radiance runes instead of strength – before I could easily run with very high might persistantly), keep fury/swiftness/vigor/regeneration on at all times, and generally just keep on the enemy the entire time with air overloads and lightning orb spam whilst they struggle against high static, magnetic, and frost aura uptime. The fire is actually my support damage line I use for might stacking and a bit of ‘downtime’ damage when I’m recharging some air skills!

Also, in sPvP, there is nothing more evil than a team of players with static aura. You can have the most amazing stability in the world, but one AoE will mess you up!

(edited by The Comfy Chair.7265)

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Lets sum up:
PvE → useless because focus/staff way better
PvP → somewhat useful, but wouldnt be my first weapon choice

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

D/W has been incredibly fun and quite effective for me in teamfights. I only play hot joins though so take that as you will.

It could use improvements though.

-I haven’t had the chance to play with the fixed Heat Sync
-Wildfire: field should spread out quicker
-Tidal Surge: knockback should happen quicker
-Lightning Orb: damage is actually very good IF it targets the same enemy. Could use additional functionality

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

I do use WH a lot. But it still needs work, I don’t use heat sync (it takes to much time to cast to do something I can do without it). But I am always using earth skills, and if air 5 would follow target it would be great (everyone evades it).

Now for me WH without Earth and water shouts is useless.

The only reason why I say I like it is because in coordinated PvP, I can really be effective with it.

Also, I had high hope for the elite… But I actually think it is worst than Tornado.

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

WH is good for group play not so good for solo play. What make it worth it is the water field for a dagger/x build. For a pure aura build WH is wroth running becuse the earth aura from sandsqual is on a lower cd then other off hand for auras.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ceijan.5428

Ceijan.5428

Fire 4 is just useless, make it share more boons, regen, speed and protection would be a good start.
Or at least, make it give a fire aura.

Fire 5 is ok-ish, not really usefull, but not bad.
Water 4 is to slow to bump.
Water 5, I love it.

air 4 I love it
air 5, same as fire 5

earth 4 : very good, protection, blast and aura, it serves 3 purposes.
Earth 5 : to slow to be effective.

But still using WH since the release because I really like it even if some skills are useless.

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I use it for open world PvE where I run a condi tempest build to get hero points. But thats literally the only place where I’d use it.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

No it’s too bad of a weapon. I unlocked tempest because I main ele and now I’m playing HoT (starting over) on revenant, it has a much better designed elite profession.

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stupidpuppy.3650

Stupidpuppy.3650

Fire 4 is just useless, make it share more boons, regen, speed and protection would be a good start.
Or at least, make it give a fire aura.

Fire 5 is ok-ish, not really usefull, but not bad.

In all fairness, the only purpose of fire 5 is for the fire field, so fire 5 serves its purpose. Only issue is it takes forever to extended outward, so blast finisher casted too far away doesn’t count. It’s definitely inferior to other off-hand fire field but it serves its purpose in my opinion.

There was a update last night for Fire 4 stating it now correctly share might/fury. Hopefully it means i can instantly give my ally my 25 stacks of might. Then it might not be all that horrible…haven’t tested it yet though.

I agree warhorn is probably the worst weapon for an elementalist to use even though it’s fun x.×...

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Wh is exactly what everyone said it would be, a middle ground support between dagger. But we don’t need the support it brings because we already do that… Focus bring defense utilities and dagger offensive wh has no place.

So I made a Rev and equipped the bolt ment for my ele and haven’t looked back

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

How do you even use the horn? I just got Warhorn Proficiency and got a Tempest’s Warhorn and it tells me that the weapon is unusable by my profession. What am I missing?

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

I use warhorn. There are good things about it, and some bad things. The first thing is that Warhorn benefits group style play. I dont feel its meant for solo play because Focus seems to be a better offhand option for that.

I find the negativity about Warhorn to be a bit offputting. I see lots of people using Wh in situations where it seems ill warranted. But, because its shiny and new people are trying, and that’s a good thing. But, it took me all this time to play around with it and I’m forced to confirm it has a niche use, and in that niche it performs rather admirably. But, I see a glaring number of posts of people using it in environments it’s not well suited for and the complaining and crying heaped upon it and I can’t help but shake my head.

I use it in large scale PvE combats. That’s where it shines. Speccing tempest AND using warhorn you can crap out so many boons between skill, shout, and overcharge synergies. You can do the same thing with focus too, but warhorn lends itself to a slightly different gameplay, and that’s where I think lots of people are getting stuck trying to use it like a focus.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

How do you even use the horn? I just got Warhorn Proficiency and got a Tempest’s Warhorn and it tells me that the weapon is unusable by my profession. What am I missing?

Read your tooltips.

You can’t equip anything tempest oriented without speccing it first.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

Read your tooltips.

You can’t equip anything tempest oriented without speccing it first.

What tooltips? The weapon literally says nothing except it’s unusable by my profession and click to select stats. Maybe I have to select stats on it first? And the first Tempest trait, Warhorn Proficiency, which I already have, says it will allow me to use a warhorn – which I can’t. Anyway, I’ll see what happens after I have enough points to invest in the next trait and after I’ve chosen stats for the weapon. Or it’s a case of having to every trait in the line specced first? Has to be one or the other, I suppose. I figured it was something I just wasn’t understanding correctly, but it just seems it could have been better implemented. Or maybe I just didn’t get enough sleep last night.

EDIT: Aack, nevermind, I figured it out. This is the first time I’ve played the game much since they implemented the new training system, and I’m still getting used to it. I was thinking that the elite specialization was one we got in addition to the regular specializations, didn’t realize we have to choose to use it instead of one of the regular ones. Makes it a whole lot less appealing.

(edited by Ghanto.9784)

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: zporter.1439

zporter.1439

I’m slowly falling in love with the Scepter/Warhorn combo. I’ve seen great value in it with nearby allies. Lots of the skills help my teammates while still giving me some good damage cleanup skills. One target left? Use lightning orb and watch the hits stack up as they try to run.

As ramethzero mentioned above, it is ideal for teams and groups, but not fantastic for solo play. Sure, some things were nerfed, but I’m learning to work with the balances and be more versatile in my play style.

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Going to try a sinister burn build when my exams are over. Will try warhorn, seeing as Anet killed Ring of Fire for PvE.

Anyone tried this? You can interchange dagger and sceptre for the MH.

Anyone use warhorn?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I just cannot find a good use for it. Is it useless?

Used it like for a few battle then changed back to staff. It’s doesn’t appeal to my playstyle. maybe others may be able to use it in their playstyle, but I can’t get the feel of it.