Arcane Precision

Arcane Precision

in Elementalist

Posted by: Husseini.7413

Husseini.7413

“Skills have a chance to apply a condition on critical hits”.

My build right now uses 25 points in Arcane’s trait for recharge rate, that’s why I’m noticing it now.
Tested it on golems, since the first time I did I noticed that it was not even close to be good, and this time I did it right, so it’s not a coincidence..

250 crits (that I was counting, I did many more) – only 4 times burning condition and once weakness.
The burning condition lasts one second, just tick once and gone.

I’m not expecting it to deal 5k damage every hit, but I’m expecting it to be at least useful. Burning enough to ticks at least twice, chill for 3 second, and happening at least once each 10 crits would be good.
I don’t know. What I know is that right now it’s useless. We can’t even call it a “bonus” from spending points in Arcane trait, because it barely does anything.

Do you guys know if I did something wrong, if there’s some condition that we don’t see or if the developers are aware of that already? Should I post it on the “suggestions” section?

Thanks

Arcane Precision

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sniser.1297

Sniser.1297

yeah it sucks. 30 points arcane is only for evasive arcana

Arcane Precision

in Elementalist

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

i have tested it long time ago, it have really low chance for a 25 point trait :/ its much better to have 60% on vulnerability from 25 air, arcane should have (almost) the same % chance, it only gives another conditions

Arcane Precision

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

I think maybe they forgot a zero in the percent chance? It’s so low that it has to be a bug. Why even have it there?

This question is kind of related: What does lingering elements do exactly? I read once that it lets you keep casting a channeled spell from one element if you switch to another mid cast… is that really what it does?

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Arcane Precision

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

I think maybe they forgot a zero in the percent chance? It’s so low that it has to be a bug. Why even have it there?

This question is kind of related: What does lingering elements do exactly? I read once that it lets you keep casting a channeled spell from one element if you switch to another mid cast… is that really what it does?

No, you can change mid cast even without LE. LE takes those 5 point traits and extends there time by 5 seconds. So you can have soothing mists refresh its self in a attunement besides water. Or switch out of air and have the 10% speed boost active for 5 seconds. This is assuming you have these traits.

Edit: Arcane is not an attunement so the arcane fury trait is not effected by LE. Some people think this is a bug but in reality they can’t read.

Arcane Precision

in Elementalist

Posted by: Husseini.7413

Husseini.7413

Thanks for the responses, I’ll post this in the suggestion topic then.

Arcane Precision

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Nikkle

Arcane is not an attunement so the arcane fury trait is not effected by LE. Some people think this is a bug but in reality they can’t read.

You know, there’s a nicer way of phrasing such things. You cannot blame people reading ‘attunement bonus’ and linking it to either Arcane Fury or Elemental Attunement.

If the skill were to read “…attunements last 5 seconds after switching…” then I agree it would be a totally different matter.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Arcane Precision

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Necroing this thread so as to avoid posting a new one. I’ve also noticed this trait is next to useless, I don’t think I’ve ever seen it proc and going by how long this thread has been around the problem hasn’t been looked at.

Could an Anet staff member please confirm if this trait is indeed working as intended, and if not will it be fixed in the upcoming patch? Thanks!

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Arcane Precision

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I can confirm that it does in fact proc. However, it’s so rare that it’s not worth basing your build upon it, and even when it does proc, the effect is so weak it’s pointless.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Arcane Precision

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

I can confirm that it does in fact proc. However, it’s so rare that it’s not worth basing your build upon it, and even when it does proc, the effect is so weak it’s pointless.

Well im glad that it does indeed do something thanks for confirming that. However I’d still love to hear from a dev whether the trait in its current state is working as intended and if it will be changed in the future. My build in no means relies on it but it’s sad that it’s so ineffective as it is now when it has the potential to be so much more.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Arcane Precision

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

Can anyone confirm that soothing mist can refresh while being attuned to something other than water with LE trait?

I’ve tested this and while I don’t have a problem refreshing soothing mist, I’ve never managed to see it refresh unless I was in water.

Any tips on making this work?

Also, back to the main topic, 7.5% chance to apply conditions is such a weak trait… I would love the extra boon duration and faster attunementa cooldowns but I can’t bring myself to touch more than 20 points in arcane due to the underwhelming trait arcane precision.

I’m not saying its useless.. And I know for some builds 30 In arcane is worth it… Just not for mine. I wish it were

Arcane Precision

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Can anyone confirm that soothing mist can refresh while being attuned to something other than water with LE trait?

I’ve tested this and while I don’t have a problem refreshing soothing mist, I’ve never managed to see it refresh unless I was in water.

Any tips on making this work?

Also, back to the main topic, 7.5% chance to apply conditions is such a weak trait… I would love the extra boon duration and faster attunementa cooldowns but I can’t bring myself to touch more than 20 points in arcane due to the underwhelming trait arcane precision.

I’m not saying its useless.. And I know for some builds 30 In arcane is worth it… Just not for mine. I wish it were

LE is so broken that it´s wonder they even let it go into beta build, much less release build.
Earth toughness doesn´t get any benefits from it.
Air doesn´t seem to get any bonus and even if it does 5 seconds of 10% speed bonus is so small that it´s barely measurable. And with profession that has very easy access to perma swiftness…
Fire i couldn´t test, but bonus you´d get is rather laughable anyway.

Any traits that give damage or other effects while in certain attunement don´t work with it.

only thing it actualy does do is refresh soothing mist…theoreticaly maximum of 2 times which amounts to maximum of 6 seconds (if you swap at perfect time) extra duration or about 480-1000 health (depends on healing power, about 700hp with 700 healing power) over 6 seconds.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]