Are ele's bad? Or do I just suck?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jake.1430

Jake.1430

Dont be afraid to be blunt in your response, I can take it xD

I never have trouble fighting them, and I just tried one in PvP and I didnt do too well. I understand First time factor, but I can normally pick something quickly and do well. I decieded to use zerker amulet (this is Spvp) and 6/6/2 traits just for raw damage and crits, just to see what it could do. And I felt like I was doing very little in terms of damage. My necro in soldiers feels like it did more damage.

When I wasnt fooling around I was using Celestial gear and a general D/D build

But if I just suck, wich is more than likely, Just let me know some tips and tricks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Eles can be very successful, you just have very little room for error.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

Eles can be very successful, you just have very little room for error.

That’s the Point.
You can be strong but you have to work more than a lot of other classes to archieve the same.

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

Go with something like this and you’ll never look back (assuming you put the time into learning rotations and practicing):
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhcM6c24wyBd0APAC5fv2JKQ5qJfC-TJxHwADeAAa2fAwJAoYZAA

Note, you can sub out mistform for armor of earth, I just run it most of the time for mist stomps/rezzing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Here is a sustain build if you need something else to try. The thing with Ele is that people like to focus on different things, but they cannot always do that coz of crap traits and long cooldowns.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhMM6c24wwBdEBPACtfDLlSWgiVTC-TJBBwAAOBAeeAA12fAcZAA

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The Ele is the disaster that happens to a class if you keep nerfing it. It was a really cool class back when the game was released.

in Elementalist

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I haven’t played my Ele for a long time. When I replayed my ele with a D/D build today, I ended up winning 1v3 fights, I could never do that with any other profession except Mesmer and thieves.

Ele is a hard class to learn but easy to master.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Elementalist

Chaotic.9742

Easy to master??? Not quite sure that is a valid statement about ele (at least when it comes to pvp). I mean, maybe vs three average players you can 1v3 but one good let alone 2 good players will take you down easy.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kuzz.9516

Kuzz.9516

I haven’t played my Ele for a long time. When I replayed my ele with a D/D build today, I ended up winning 1v3 fights, I could never do that with any other profession except Mesmer and thieves.

Ele is a hard class to learn but easy to master.

lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i’d rather take a second job as a court stenographer than learn how to ‘effectively’ play elementalist.. the profession has been butchered into the most unoriginal playstyle and builds i have seen of any game in quite awhile…
to the opening poster, no it’s not you.. and good luck with it

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Gotta remember 3 important facts in pvp
1 . Everyone you face is a thinking human being like you. No AI here.
2. Everyone is playing classes that stronger then most enemies you’ve faced
3. You will meet many different skill levels and builds. Some people are always gonna have the advantage while other times you will

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Ele has a steeper learning curve. You just sort of have to “get it”, if that makes any sense. Once you understand how to play the Ele, however, it’s as easy as any other class in the game.

Uhh, watch Cmc’s stream, and play his 2012 Ele build: http://twitch.tv/cmcgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

A big part of learning elementalist or even another class and playing it effectively is to know your opponents and what they are capable of.

Some people play only 1-2 classes or maybe more but don’t really dig into them deep. Everytime I try a new trait on any of my classes I hit the wiki because alot of times there are facts that aren’t on the tooltip. I’ll google search discussions about that trait vs other options. You can get just about anything for gw2 with a search of “elemental attunement vs arcane mastery” as an example and the discussions are usually great. I read alot on this game and the 1 thing I’ll say is that to get better you must know what your fighting and the tools you have or don’t have to fight it.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

After this patch hit the floor, I personally feel very strong vs every class 1v1, except vs the one who counters me the hardest with their amazing ability to remove boons, Necro.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimezy.5679

Grimezy.5679

I can’t play any other class other than my ele, they just don’t appeal to me at all. I mainly play PvE but have dabbed into PvP and WvW a couple of times.

I’d say it’s not really a class you can pick up and play, especially if you have your build wrong. In terms of high level PvE content I wouldn’t want to play anything else. Great at stacking Might for the party, awesome DPS with conjures, great AoE with staff + frost bow, etc etc. Very diverse and bring a lot to the table.

in Elementalist

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Easy to master??? Not quite sure that is a valid statement about ele (at least when it comes to pvp). I mean, maybe vs three average players you can 1v3 but one good let alone 2 good players will take you down easy.

I haven’t played Elementalist for a very very very very very long time.

Yet, I can still take down 3 players on my very first fight. In other words, I am a below average player fighting 3 average player.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Elementalist

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Eles take a long time to master, I’m still learning more on my Elementalist. Sure you can beat average players with an average playing ability. But that average skill level won’t hold a candle to the expertise players.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I main an ele in PvE and run an engi in PvP soloQ and TeamQ. My team often has an ele to cap mid and shuffle between capture points. From my point of view, ele is a strong team play profession, quick at de-capping and assisting, but lacks resilience for a long 1v1 fight. Every time I see an ele comes at me alone to pick a fight, I think it’s cute. The class is not omnipotent and definitely not as cheesy as a warrior or a thief but it has its role. It is not a weak class.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Elementalist

Chaotic.9742

I haven’t played Elementalist for a very very very very very long time.

Yet, I can still take down 3 players on my very first fight. In other words, I am a below average player fighting 3 average player.

Ok that’s fine. But to make the claim that it’s “easy to master” is far from truth and a very broad statement given the context. I just don’t want ppl seeing this and qq’ing for nerfs and everything since it finally has a spot in tpvp which I feel is pretty balanced. Not obscenely strong at something but not nonexistent like they used to be.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

try running a 6/6/2 dps build on all professions and you’ll find that the elementalist dies WAY faster.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

You’re handicapped by picking ele and you have to make up for it with skill. Simple example: Your access to stability (earth armor):

- 6 seconds of stability on a 75 second cooldown, stunbreaker

Compared to what warrior has (balanced stance):

- 8 seconds of stability on a 40 second cooldown, stunbreaker

And this is the result of such “balance” (quoting an engi player):

Every time I see an ele comes at me alone to pick a fight, I think it’s cute.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Well DD are rather easy and noob friendly now, just gotta know the skills and do the rotation.

if you have problem with scepter zerker which would be reasonable, because it’s zerker burst spec that can die quick.

in Elementalist

Duran.3196

I play D/D Zerker.
And yeah today i got a whisper from a warrior: wtf dmg
When i made him half hp in under a sec with burning speed arcane projectile and arcane wave, finishing him of with a 11k fire grab xD.
I usually manage to bring down enemies before they even know whats happening.

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tupi.2967

Tupi.2967

I play D/D Zerker.
When i made him half hp in under a sec with burning speed arcane projectile and arcane wave, finishing him of with a 11k fire grab xD.

you are full of cheese hehehe

in Elementalist

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I play D/D Zerker.

What was the cooldown on firegrab again?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I play D/D Zerker.

45 seconds but in the times it can make a 2 v 1 a quick 1 and a half v 1 it’s nice. Or to win tough fights. A bit like an Elite gives you an advantage, he just tried to make a point about burst.

I’m not going in on the discussion weak or strong, but for the OP I’d just stick with it for a while, maybe watch some good streamers (I wish I had links for you, but I’ve been focussing more on other classes lately) and hit the dummy for more of a feel between the attunement juggling and it will all be ok. For me Elementalist also took the longest to get used to, even though she’s likely the toon I spend most of the time actually playing on.

(edited by Esmee.1067)

in Elementalist

Duran.3196

you are full of cheese hehehe

Thx, but its true.

Well Ele just needs some experience, if its aquamance, auramancer , zerker or any other build.
I just happen to like my full glass build the most and think I am quite effective with it.

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I play D/D Zerker.

45 seconds but in the times it can make a 2 v 1 a quick 1 and a half v 1 it’s nice. Or to win tough fights. A bit like an Elite gives you an advantage, he just tried to make a point about burst.

I’m not going in on the discussion weak or strong, but for the OP I’d just stick with it for a while, maybe watch some good streamers (I wish I had links for you, but I’ve been focussing more on other classes lately) and hit the dummy for more of a feel between the attunement juggling and it will all be ok. For me Elementalist also took the longest to get used to, even though she’s likely the toon I spend most of the time actually playing on.

Its cool that ya can hit for 11k with fire grab but with the Death shroud Necro I can hit for 2.5-5k dmg per lifeblast at long range and double that amount in Lich form.

The Warrior can obviously also do that with eviscerate at a… I think 12ish second cooldown.

Guardian… Not sure if they can. They can do alot of damage but not 11k as far as I’m aware of.

But on hindsight we may have high cooldowns but when a pro like you can cast all those abilities at once it takes down an opponnent quite easily. We have way more abilities that are insta-cast.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/My-Celestial-Elementalist-build-for-Spvp/first#post3915648

Played guardian for 90% of my time in PvP. Started using this build on r41 in tpvp without ANY ele experience in PvP or wvw at all. I do run an ele in pve as my 2nd main though. I had to read the wiki articles to know what the skills and traits actually do. I still managed to win most of my games be it organized premades or solo team q. I’d say that I am better with ele than with my guardian atm mostly because I refuse to play a boring bunker guardian and meditation builds – powerful and fun – still suffer under the condi meta. The build is easy to learn if you’re willing to dive into it. It has sustain and damage, can do very well in 1v1 but you can just as well go mid and real havoc. Lots of room for error as well.