Are eles able to kill others in 1 on 1 ??

in Elementalist

Posted by: Willie.9528

Willie.9528

recently i love to play ele , cuz it like a shaman in world of warcraft. pretty fun at all.
however, i find that ele is hard to win in 1 on 1 combat.
I play S/D fresh air build ( 0/30/0/20/20 ). it’s a burst build . however, If you want to create a lot of damage ,it take some seconds that u need to use fire first to gain numbers of might . before you switch to air to damage your foes , they already create lots of damage on you. and you have to switch to water to heal yourself or you might be dead soon.
my point is , we are not tanky , we are not high burst like thief , we are not good in condi damage . yes we are good in team support.
but is it possible often to win in 1 on 1 combat ??
sometime we could steal point to help our team to win right??
any good suggestions?
thx

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Yes it is very possible, but there are some specs that are just impossible to beat (at least for me) like broken OP stunlock warrs and some cleric gear guardian that I could never whittle down.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Can´t talk wvw, but my elementalist (0 30 10 0 30) with zerker amulet, scholar runes and sigill of air on scepter can 1o1 very well, and it even gets easier on less squishy specs.
Just a few necromancers or warriors CAN cause problems. But mostly I will win.

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tyler.3451

Tyler.3451

Can´t talk wvw, but my elementalist (0 30 10 0 30) with zerker amulet, scholar runes and sigill of air on scepter can 1o1 very well, and it even gets easier on less squishy specs.

No problems with thieves? Thieves are my hard counter on this build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Ele isn’t really a good 1v1 fighter kitten many of our attacks our aoe, and thus lower damage. We also completely lose all damage if you want to tank. I find our best role is a balanced support-damage dealer in small groups. We are so…average… at just about everything except for a cheesy-burst build that going with an average-ish build is best.

The zerker S/D Fresh Air build can gank some people unsuspecting, but is a sitting duck if they dodge updraft, and thus your fire burst misses.

Also, 30 in water for evasive arcana will give you more survivability and dps than that extra 10 in water does. The dodge-roll in water removes a condi and heals for more than the 15 point minor trait heals. You also get the added boons, faster attunement recharge, and the other dodge-rolls as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Yes:
The only 1v1s I dislike are Rangers with spirits (usually lose), Mesmers (usually lose due to it being a stupid class in 1v1).

Everything else I fight and don’t mind the fights. I also don’t use a forum build, all my builds are of my own creation sometimes with a little input from others. Every build I run I enjoy, even if they aren’t optimised. Its one of the reasons I like duel servers or 5v5 hotjoin, I don’t have to run “THE” build to have fun or to win.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Of course. Since I was called forward to make a video to backup my claim I’ll post a video on this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/I-feel-so-pathetically-weak/page/2#post2588262 once I get enough footage with the suggested classes and builds the op wanted.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Willie.9528

Willie.9528

Really? No 10 in water ? Is it hard to deal with condi foes?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Really? No 10 in water ? Is it hard to deal with condi foes?

Think that is fun build?
Check one of mine:
20 15 10 15 10
Thinking of taking the 10 out of arcane and putting it somewhere else.
BTW the 15 in water is not for condition cleanse.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alys Florent.1359

Alys Florent.1359

The classic “bunker” – 0/10/0/30/30 with D/D and triple cantrips – has apparently fallen out of style but I still find it to be incredibly effective in 1v1s. We’re living in a condition heavy meta, and, for example, I LOVE when a necro puts a dozen condis on me, terror bombs, then watches me swap to water and make it as if they never touched me. I don’t even need Ether Renewal to cleanse condis, I can keep pretty constant pressure.

The problem with this setup is that because I’m relatively bunkery, fights take longer to win, and you run the risk of being caught by a zerg or another enemy roamer. Also, if I touch a tanky guardian, I realize it’ll most likely end up a stalemate and not bother risking it… two of the best boon-stacking, self-healing classes in a 1v1 usually doesn’t end up very decisive.

There are some pretty cool griefing builds you can put together with immobilize, Updraft and Phoenix/Firegrab bombs with full power/crit setups (Phoenix alone can one shot squishy targets if all of its phases land). These work better in team setups because you’ll die if a thief so much as glances at you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Frostedblaze.9017

Frostedblaze.9017

I actually just added a duelist section to my 0/20/0/20/30 S/D PvP guide. I go through tips on dueling each class. You can check it out here: http://intothemists.com/guides/202-aiden_frosts_sd_sustain_burst

Aiden Frost
Check out my S/D Ele tPvP guide: http://intothemists.com/guides/202-aiden_frosts_sd_sustain_burst